Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great point.....but 19:29 - Sep 16 with 14118 viewsjojaca

Anybody worried by our lack of attempts on goal from first five matches. Our attacking side of the game needs a significant improvement.

Even when you know, you never know?

Great point.....but on 23:44 - Sep 17 with 2641 viewsDarran

Great point.....but on 22:56 - Sep 17 by JackFish

I said before the game yesterday that it's the type of game Clement likes because he can set us up to be very organised, very disciplined and keep them out, like we did at Southampton. Four consequcive away clean sheets is very impressive in the Premier League.

I do think we have serious issues going forward though, early days but the front two are often completely isolated - if we're going to be playing so deep we need Bony up there to hold the ball up, because Tammy isn't stong enough to do that against two centre halves. It's all well and good being able to grind out points like yesterday, but if we can't score enough goals to win at home we're still going to be scrapping around the bottom again.

The biggest thing that jumps out of this post and I agree with it is "because Tammy isn't stong enough to do that against two centre halves"

Now going off topic slightly he's 19 years old. So why do so many of our fans think McBurnie is so precious at 21 years old?

Just wondering.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great point.....but on 02:33 - Sep 18 with 2609 viewsLoyal

Great point.....but on 12:04 - Sep 17 by dobjack2

Different sized pitch

Same size as half the premier league.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Great point.....but on 02:53 - Sep 18 with 2605 viewsLeonWasGod

I said before the game yesterday that it's the type of game Clement likes because he can set us up to be very organised, very disciplined and keep them out, like we did at Southampton. Four consequcive away clean sheets is very impressive in the Premier League.

I do think we have serious issues going forward though, early days but the front two are often completely isolated - if we're going to be playing so deep we need Bony up there to hold the ball up, because Tammy isn't stong enough to do that against two centre halves. It's all well and good being able to grind out points like yesterday, but if we can't score enough goals to win at home we're still going to be scrapping around the bottom again.

Yep, that's how I see it. PC's good at getting us organised and battling out a 0-0. Not so good at taking the game to the opposition. Even when we set up less defensively we still struggle, as if we're not used to playing on the front foot.

Four clean sheets is great, but four blanks in five is very worrying. Scraping an average of a point a game will leave us in trouble (although it's too early to extrapolate). But we do need to find a way of being more of a goal threat - lot of pressure on Wilf I reckon, cos I can't see where else goals are coming from.
Great point.....but on 06:47 - Sep 18 with 2578 viewsdobjack2

Great point.....but on 02:33 - Sep 18 by Loyal

Same size as half the premier league.

But suits their style better.
Great point.....but on 08:05 - Sep 18 with 2555 views34dfgdf54

Great point.....but on 02:53 - Sep 18 by LeonWasGod

Yep, that's how I see it. PC's good at getting us organised and battling out a 0-0. Not so good at taking the game to the opposition. Even when we set up less defensively we still struggle, as if we're not used to playing on the front foot.

Four clean sheets is great, but four blanks in five is very worrying. Scraping an average of a point a game will leave us in trouble (although it's too early to extrapolate). But we do need to find a way of being more of a goal threat - lot of pressure on Wilf I reckon, cos I can't see where else goals are coming from.

PC had the same said about him at Derby. He keeps teams organised, strong at the back with a regimented style of play. In comparison to former managers I would say he's more of a Sousa than a Laudrup or Martinez.

On the other hand mind you, I don't think he's the only one to blame for lack of goals, we are relying on a 19 year old lad with no premier league experience to lead the line and get the majority of goals. I still think we are in dire need of creativity in the midfield area, fingers crossed Sanches can bring this with time.
Great point.....but on 08:12 - Sep 18 with 2550 viewskarnataka

"Four consecutive away clean sheets"? Wow, there are some on here are going to really struggle with that concept!
Great point.....but on 08:46 - Sep 18 with 2534 viewsmonmouth

Great point.....but on 08:05 - Sep 18 by 34dfgdf54

PC had the same said about him at Derby. He keeps teams organised, strong at the back with a regimented style of play. In comparison to former managers I would say he's more of a Sousa than a Laudrup or Martinez.

On the other hand mind you, I don't think he's the only one to blame for lack of goals, we are relying on a 19 year old lad with no premier league experience to lead the line and get the majority of goals. I still think we are in dire need of creativity in the midfield area, fingers crossed Sanches can bring this with time.

There is no doubt that PC is defence drill minded and shape obsessed, and that's much better than Bradley, and more akin to Monk. I think we'll be ok, but I don't think we'll get many thrills this year. Maybe next year. But who knows, it might suddenly click. I think it's a mindset thing. Laudrup was interested in incisive attack, Martinez was only interested in looking pretty, Rodgers had a nice balance sometimes, but passed for passing sake, Monk and Clement are 'shape' men. It's hard to suddenly switch to attack mode when, keep position and defend first is drummed into you.

Just got to give the bloke a chance to develop and grow, just like the team. Paula Sousa's Basel (?) side were very fluid, attacking and entertaining, totally unlike his QPR and Swansea sides. People do change a lot with experience.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great point.....but on 08:55 - Sep 18 with 2527 viewskarnataka

Great point.....but on 08:46 - Sep 18 by monmouth

There is no doubt that PC is defence drill minded and shape obsessed, and that's much better than Bradley, and more akin to Monk. I think we'll be ok, but I don't think we'll get many thrills this year. Maybe next year. But who knows, it might suddenly click. I think it's a mindset thing. Laudrup was interested in incisive attack, Martinez was only interested in looking pretty, Rodgers had a nice balance sometimes, but passed for passing sake, Monk and Clement are 'shape' men. It's hard to suddenly switch to attack mode when, keep position and defend first is drummed into you.

Just got to give the bloke a chance to develop and grow, just like the team. Paula Sousa's Basel (?) side were very fluid, attacking and entertaining, totally unlike his QPR and Swansea sides. People do change a lot with experience.

I think you're right about Clement and 'shape' and that was probably what pulled through last season but in order to be able to break out of that rigidity into attack needs someone like Wilf who can hold the ball up just long enough for supporting players to arrive and I'm hoping that we will be seeing that more and more as the season develops. It's also essential to have someone who can hold the ball up front if you are going to play 3 at the back which is looking like our preferred option for certain games.
Login to get fewer ads

Great point.....but on 09:37 - Sep 18 with 2507 viewsMo_Wives

Great point.....but on 23:15 - Sep 17 by DJack

Sorry Monny, I've been away from the PC...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37067797
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474717
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39163820

Marco Silva wasn't the manager in that first game.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Great point.....but on 09:56 - Sep 18 with 2481 viewsShaky

Front 2 are isolated?

Looked like a 6-3-1 formation to me.

I recall one occasion on Saturday when a long punt towards Tammy saw him tusseling with 3 Spurs defenders in an action where he almost came away with ball. However, during that sequence of play shown with a wide angel lens from the rafters not one Swansea player came into shot to support. Not one.

I've seen comments that Laudrup also set up defensively away from home and that is absolutely true, but the difference is that he was willing to commit players in numbers on a fast break, whereas that is quite clearly not the case under Clement.

Instead the evidence is we are in for Monkball MK II. As i've said i would love to see Swansea playing free-flowing football again, but as things stand that expectation is based purely on faith.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Great point.....but on 10:19 - Sep 18 with 2462 viewsDafyddHuw

Two nippy full backs who can attack and two wingers who can cross a ball in the January window, please. We can afford it from our summer profit.

Then we should start to not look over our shoulder at who's below us in the table.
Great point.....but on 10:55 - Sep 18 with 2430 viewsSPboy

Great point.....but on 02:53 - Sep 18 by LeonWasGod

It's as much to do with the players that we have as it is with Clement. With creative forces like Fer, Carroll, Clucas, Routledge should we really be expecting anything else ? Any manager in the league would struggle with a squad lacking pace, creativity & firepower
Great point.....but on 11:13 - Sep 18 with 2418 views34dfgdf54

Great point.....but on 10:55 - Sep 18 by SPboy

It's as much to do with the players that we have as it is with Clement. With creative forces like Fer, Carroll, Clucas, Routledge should we really be expecting anything else ? Any manager in the league would struggle with a squad lacking pace, creativity & firepower

Completely agree.

He knows as much as anyone hence the way he sets us up. I personally think we are still seriously short on quality, relying massively on Bony getting back to the form he was in first time round, and Sanches delivering on the promise he showed in Euro 2016 etc.
Great point.....but on 11:45 - Sep 18 with 2406 viewsjack247

Great point.....but on 10:55 - Sep 18 by SPboy

Fer and Clucas have got goals in them, Routledge and Carroll not so much, but they are intelligent footballers more than capable of contributing in the build up. I don't see Routledge starting much anyway.

We have just got the shackles on a bit at the moment and I think the players need a bit more freedom to be creative or go forward when the time is right. I think it will come, but at the moment we aren't as cohesive transitioning from defence to attack as we have been in the past. There are examples like that goal at Liverpool or Olssons from Siggys backheel, but we weren't great at it last season either. We just had set pieces as a bit of a crutch. As a positive, our defending as a team is as good as I can remember (bar the late collapse v United when we had sacrificed a centre back and a holding midfielder to chase the game).

Bony clearly isn't ready for full games yet and Sanches looks sublime one minute, inept the next as he adapts, but I'm confident both will come good and we will look more potent before long.

I'm not really including the Spurs game in that comment. There are times when it's perfectly acceptable to go away without much attacking intent and play not to concede.
Great point.....but on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 1953 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is clear to see which supporters on this board were on the ball a few months ago and saw this coming.

It is also not surprising to see who was completely oblivious to the obvious short comings we were exhibiting.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Great point.....but on 17:08 - May 10 with 1647 viewstrinityann

Great point.....but on 16:33 - Dec 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is clear to see which supporters on this board were on the ball a few months ago and saw this coming.

It is also not surprising to see who was completely oblivious to the obvious short comings we were exhibiting.

Another bad showing from the Res.
Great point.....but on 21:55 - May 10 with 1595 views34dfgdf54

Great point.....but on 11:13 - Sep 18 by 34dfgdf54

Completely agree.

He knows as much as anyone hence the way he sets us up. I personally think we are still seriously short on quality, relying massively on Bony getting back to the form he was in first time round, and Sanches delivering on the promise he showed in Euro 2016 etc.

Neither happened.

Now we’re in the Championship
Great point.....but on 06:19 - May 11 with 1540 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Great point.....but on 17:08 - May 10 by trinityann

Another bad showing from the Res.

There have been bad showings from many this season. It even continued deep into the season where some fans were delighted with scraping a point away at the bottom side in the league, or were content with being outshot 30-0 against Huddersfield. Absolutely embarrassing that was. Ten men or not.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Great point.....but on 06:48 - May 11 with 1520 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great point.....but on 19:31 - Sep 16 by Jackfath

Dear God.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great point.....but on 06:56 - May 11 with 1513 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great point.....but on 06:19 - May 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There have been bad showings from many this season. It even continued deep into the season where some fans were delighted with scraping a point away at the bottom side in the league, or were content with being outshot 30-0 against Huddersfield. Absolutely embarrassing that was. Ten men or not.

Fair play Dwight, you called it spot on early doors.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024