Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? 05:50 - Sep 17 with 13236 viewsMeraki

Another great moneyball signing.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 13:42 - Sep 17 with 6494 views34dfgdf54

Another Borja Baston signing if I've ever seen one. Clement has no trust in him whatsoever which is surprising given the reviews he had when he signed.

Shame.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:00 - Sep 17 with 6452 viewsjasper_T

Strange that our coaches seem to find value in mediocre Eredivisie and Championship performers, but players that have stood out in one of the best leagues in the world are immediately deemed not good enough.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:05 - Sep 17 with 6432 viewsE20Jack

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:00 - Sep 17 by jasper_T

Strange that our coaches seem to find value in mediocre Eredivisie and Championship performers, but players that have stood out in one of the best leagues in the world are immediately deemed not good enough.

The majority of La Liga is painfully weak.

Ronaldo and Messi get 50 goals each. Can you imagine anyone ever getting 50 PL goals in a season? Neither Ronaldo nor Messi would.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 14:10]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:32 - Sep 17 with 6347 viewsSwansea93

Barcelona fans wanted Mesa over Paulinho, some how he aint good enough for us.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:33 - Sep 17 with 6340 viewsE20Jack

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:32 - Sep 17 by Swansea93

Link?

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:35 - Sep 17 with 6330 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He looked OK against Man U.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:39 - Sep 17 with 6313 viewsSwansea93

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:33 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Roque%20mesa%20barcelona&src=typed_query

There was more around the time we signed him as well.

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:42 - Sep 17 with 6297 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We've got 180 minutes of football scheduled over the next 7 days. If he isn't picked to start one of the next two, I'll be surprised.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:48 - Sep 17 with 6266 viewsSwansea93

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:42 - Sep 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

We've got 180 minutes of football scheduled over the next 7 days. If he isn't picked to start one of the next two, I'll be surprised.

He start against Reading get MOM and score a goal and he still wont be picked against Watford.

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 15:12 - Sep 17 with 6193 viewsmagicdaps10

Mesa needs to be blooded into the team alongside Carroll.
The guy has not had a decent run in the team yet. Until he has a run then I am not going to label him as a poor signing. As stated, Barcelona fans wanted him at the Nou Camp and he has been knocking on the full Spanish squad before signing with us.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 15:13 - Sep 17 with 6190 viewsveng9

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:05 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

Ronaldo and Messi get 50 goals each. Can you imagine anyone ever getting 50 PL goals in a season? Neither Ronaldo nor Messi would.

Well Ronaldo has never hit 50 league goals and Messi only once. Messi's last 4 seasons have seen him score 37 in 34, 26 in 33, 43 in 38 and 28 in 31. Ronaldo 25 in 29, 35 in 36, 48 in 35 and 31 in 30. Considering Ronaldo had 31 goals in one season in the premier league when he wasn't even as good a goal scorer as he has been at Madrid and Messi's record of 16 in 25 against English clubs in the Champions League, 9 in 6 against Arsenal and 5 in 5 against Manchester City, I don't see why they wouldn't be getting 30-40 goals. Harry Kane had 29 in 30 last season and they're both better than him so I think they could score a similar amount of goals as they are in Spain.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 15:26 - Sep 17 with 6162 viewsLoyal

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:39 - Sep 17 by Swansea93

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Roque%20mesa%20barcelona&src=typed_query

There was more around the time we signed him as well.

He needs games and we will see the craftsman at work.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 15:37 - Sep 17 with 6131 viewsswanjackal

And some thought Monk had Spanish-phobia....Clement is off the charts. Tut tut.

(PS: This is not a serious post)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:41 - Sep 17 with 6021 viewsjasper_T

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:32 - Sep 17 by Swansea93

I fairness they didn't want Paulinho at all and his signing from China is thought to be some weird money laundering scam/bribe situation.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:46 - Sep 17 with 5995 viewsjasper_T

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 14:05 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

If the majority of La Liga is painfully weak, how do you describe the majority of the Championship or Eredivisie, where the likes of Fer, Carroll, Olsson, Fulton, Narsingh, Abraham, Ayew and van der Hoorn had varying levels of success?
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:48 - Sep 17 with 5988 viewsJethroJack

Roque is being saved for a serious attempt at both Cups, starting on Tuesday night at the Madejski 😁
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:52 - Sep 17 with 5966 viewsTheResurrection

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 16:46 - Sep 17 by jasper_T

If the majority of La Liga is painfully weak, how do you describe the majority of the Championship or Eredivisie, where the likes of Fer, Carroll, Olsson, Fulton, Narsingh, Abraham, Ayew and van der Hoorn had varying levels of success?

Was Fer in the Championship that long?
Carroll bits and bobs?
Nor Fulton?
Olsson, half a season?
Ayew, few games there?

It's a poor effort isn't it?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 16:54]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:03 - Sep 17 with 5920 viewsoldcob

Judge a player by his performance and ability, not which league he once played in.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:19 - Sep 17 with 5882 viewsE20Jack

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 15:13 - Sep 17 by veng9

Well Ronaldo has never hit 50 league goals and Messi only once. Messi's last 4 seasons have seen him score 37 in 34, 26 in 33, 43 in 38 and 28 in 31. Ronaldo 25 in 29, 35 in 36, 48 in 35 and 31 in 30. Considering Ronaldo had 31 goals in one season in the premier league when he wasn't even as good a goal scorer as he has been at Madrid and Messi's record of 16 in 25 against English clubs in the Champions League, 9 in 6 against Arsenal and 5 in 5 against Manchester City, I don't see why they wouldn't be getting 30-40 goals. Harry Kane had 29 in 30 last season and they're both better than him so I think they could score a similar amount of goals as they are in Spain.

No chance. Nobody will score 50 PL goals in a single season. Bookmark this. Nobody will even get 40+.

Since 1992, the 35 goals mark has been hit by one or more players in 16 separate seasons in La Liga. SIXTEEN of them!

In the same time period not a single time has anyone reached that tally in the PL. in fact the record stands at 34 which has stood for the last 28 years and rarely ever looks like it can be matched, the PL top goal scorer more often than not will not have reached 30 goals.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 17:24]

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:30 - Sep 17 with 5851 viewsTheResurrection

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:19 - Sep 17 by E20Jack

No chance. Nobody will score 50 PL goals in a single season. Bookmark this. Nobody will even get 40+.

Since 1992, the 35 goals mark has been hit by one or more players in 16 separate seasons in La Liga. SIXTEEN of them!

In the same time period not a single time has anyone reached that tally in the PL. in fact the record stands at 34 which has stood for the last 28 years and rarely ever looks like it can be matched, the PL top goal scorer more often than not will not have reached 30 goals.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2017 17:24]

La Liga is all fur coat and no knickers and the big 3 are just flat track bullies.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:43 - Sep 17 with 5820 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:30 - Sep 17 by TheResurrection

La Liga is all fur coat and no knickers and the big 3 are just flat track bullies.

Yeah that's why they never perform in Europe.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:55 - Sep 17 with 5787 viewsmax936

Very strange after reading his build up on here,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:55 - Sep 17 with 5784 viewsFlashberryjack

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 15:26 - Sep 17 by Loyal

He needs games and we will see the craftsman at work.

Craftsman ? our manager doesn't think so.

How much did we pay for him ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 20:02 - Sep 17 with 5631 viewsjasfan

I didn't see Mesa perform in pre-season and have not watched La Liga on a regular basis for several years, so I haven't really got a strong opinion on whether he is going to come good. Assuming he does though, I would like to think this will allow Clucas to be more adventurous in his game than he has been allowed to so far.

Based on our squad being fully fit, what do people think will be the starting 11 with either 3 or 4 at the back. I'm not going to pretend I know much about formations so would be interested to read what others would choose to start matches.
Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 20:03 - Sep 17 with 5626 viewsicecoldjack

Nirvana, is Mesa nearly ready? on 17:43 - Sep 17 by Treforys_Jack

Yeah that's why they never perform in Europe.

Well, it could be argued that they do well in Europe because it's far easier to rest their top players for the mid week top euro games .

The premier league while lacking quality is a beast in terms of how any team on its day can turn over the top clubs . Where in any other league can a small team like swansea have players like Llorente, siggy , michu,Bony,Ayew etc .

Most teams in Europe couldn't sign a lot of those players .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024