Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin 17:53 - Sep 30 with 8526 viewslonglostjack

Remind me again why he was fired.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Guidolin on 21:25 - Sep 30 with 1279 viewsLeonWasGod

Guidolin on 18:32 - Sep 30 by jasper_T

What would Brendan do with this shower of sht?

Brendan builds players' confidence to make them feel 12 ft tall, knows what he wants, sticks to it and trusts players even if they've had a poor game.

A clearer identity, fewer changes and confident players would help now.

No idea how close he was to coming back though. I thought it was almost a done deal and Huwbert was the one who changed his mind at the last minute.
Guidolin on 21:30 - Sep 30 with 1264 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin on 21:22 - Sep 30 by Darran

Who said that then? Going by that Clement deserves to stay for the rest of this season because he saved us last season.

He's had a much easier start to the season with virtually a full squad.

Guidoilin had the opening fixture list from hell and the aftermath of the Euros.

A nice excuse for our clueless American owners and our spineless, supine, moneygrabbing cünt of a clueless DoF who didn't want to derail his personal gravy train.
Guidolin on 21:39 - Sep 30 with 1242 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 21:30 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

Guidoilin had the opening fixture list from hell and the aftermath of the Euros.

A nice excuse for our clueless American owners and our spineless, supine, moneygrabbing cünt of a clueless DoF who didn't want to derail his personal gravy train.

I'm not disagreeing on the main reason why he was sacked I'm just saying we plenty of utterly dire performances under him. Which we most definitely did.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin on 21:43 - Sep 30 with 1222 viewsZZoric

Guidolin on 21:30 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

and put in some massively creditable performances 2016/7, chelsea and L'pool in particular

(shite avatar ffs)
Guidolin on 21:44 - Sep 30 with 1227 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin on 21:39 - Sep 30 by Darran

I'm not disagreeing on the main reason why he was sacked I'm just saying we plenty of utterly dire performances under him. Which we most definitely did.

Anyone expecting champagne football in that position with that squad was certifiable.

I would have loved to see what he could have done with half a dozen of his own players.
Guidolin on 21:54 - Sep 30 with 1203 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin on 21:43 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

and put in some massively creditable performances 2016/7, chelsea and L'pool in particular

(shite avatar ffs)

Guidolin on 21:58 - Sep 30 with 1195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin on 21:39 - Sep 30 by Darran

Of course we did. Guidolin was rubbish.

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin on 22:06 - Sep 30 with 1172 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 21:44 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

Anyone expecting champagne football in that position with that squad was certifiable.

I would have loved to see what he could have done with half a dozen of his own players.

So we agree there was plenty of dire performances under him then. Sweet.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin on 22:08 - Sep 30 with 1170 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Guidolin on 21:58 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Of course he was and he was replaced by god's gift to football management.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Guidolin on 22:08 - Sep 30 with 1170 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin on 22:06 - Sep 30 by Darran

I couldn't possibly agree with an ungrammatical sentence.
Guidolin on 00:23 - Oct 1 with 1130 viewsjack2jack

He wasn't that sheit imho,but what is clear is that the managers are being short changed in the transfer department,and are having to make do.
What is clear I think is that PC is sh!tting himself at the moment,he's hit the panick button,and it's starting to go down the sh!tter. He need to pull it back fast otherwise it'll be adiós amigos.
Guidolin on 00:39 - Oct 1 with 1120 viewsMeraki

The way we sacked Guidollin is probably one of the most embarrassing situations at the club.
Guidolin on 04:57 - Oct 1 with 1080 viewsmajorraglan

FG and his team came in and did what others couldn't, they stopped the rot and kept the club in the Premier League. The following season, a couple of the best players were sold and the replacements arrived late in the day. It was a slow start to the season and the football wasn't great, it's unlikey we will never know if there was a whispering campaign against him, br if there was it would have made things difficult for him. He acted with dignity and to my mind he didn't deserve what happened. BB was a disaster and PC came in to save the day.

In terms of this year, a couple of the clubs better players have been sold - again with replacements arriving late in the day. My personal view is that the quality of the squad is being eroded and PC is, like FG trying to make the most of what he has at his disposal. Mistakes are being made, but I think he is focussing on keeping things tight at the back because he doesn't have enough quality up front.
Guidolin on 05:05 - Oct 1 with 1078 viewsswans11

yes some of the football was not great but the last couple games actually saw us playing some decent football yes we lost the matches but they was against man city and someone else can't remember who
Guidolin on 07:34 - Oct 1 with 1047 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 22:06 - Sep 30 by Darran

Of course there were. There were also some very good ones. He was working with last seasons squad, before Siggy and Llorente were fit and Carrol, Ayew, Olsson and Narsingh had been signed.

The half season before, he was superb. His task was to keep us in the league, not get us playing like the Harlem Globetrotters.
Guidolin on 07:36 - Oct 1 with 1045 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin on 18:21 - Sep 30 by Darran

We played some dreadful football under him on times you’re in denial.

Yes like the time we went to West Ham in 2016 and beat them 4-1 . We even had Kingsley score their goal for them! They were a better side and we had no Siggy, Llorente or Bony. We played with no recognised striker until Gomis came on. How sh*t was that eh??

Edit - we had a bench with the likes of Emnes, Fulton and Kenji Gorre on it. That has to be the ultimate Guideline triumph of making silk purses out of sow's ears. Even Ki and Routledge scored FFS!
Remind me, who did we lose to yesterday , only managing one thirty yarder on target???
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 7:43]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidolin on 07:44 - Oct 1 with 1039 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 05:05 - Oct 1 by swans11

yes some of the football was not great but the last couple games actually saw us playing some decent football yes we lost the matches but they was against man city and someone else can't remember who

Man City twice (one in league cup, both teams played fringe players) and Liverpool. VdH missed a great chance to equalise late on. I doubt it would have made a lot of difference to the sacking.
Guidolin on 08:13 - Oct 1 with 1011 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin on 18:27 - Sep 30 by DafyddHuw

He seemed a really nice guy. I felt sorry for him.

We should never have employed him in the first place.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 18:28]

Never have employed him in the first place??
No one wanted to manage us. Jenkins had completely effed up the replacement process leaving Curt in charge. A man about to have a nervous breakdown.
We were dead and buried and Guidolin saved us.
Astoundingly some fans seem to think we should have had fast and flowing football as well.
Both managers suffered through poor and late transfer windows. The difference is Clement has a full squad, an easier fixture list, and has been given more matches to put it right.
Reading through this thread I still find it amazing that a few still line up to discredit Frankie.
He did everything he could in the most trying of circumstances and was then treated in the most shocking manner by a bunch of incompetent charlatans.
He should have been given a chance to see what he could do with squad he was starting to turn around ......despite Jenkins's eff ups.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin on 08:40 - Oct 1 with 994 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin on 08:13 - Oct 1 by Private_Partz

No one wanted to manage us. Jenkins had completely effed up the replacement process leaving Curt in charge. A man about to have a nervous breakdown.
Astoundingly some fans seem to think we should have had fast and flowing football as well.
Both managers suffered through poor and late transfer windows. The difference is Clement has a full squad, an easier fixture list, and has been given more matches to put it right.
Reading through this thread I still find it amazing that a few still line up to discredit Frankie.
He did everything he could in the most trying of circumstances and was then treated in the most shocking manner by a bunch of incompetent charlatans.
He should have been given a chance to see what he could do with squad he was starting to turn around ......despite Jenkins's eff ups.

Amen, brother.

Some beauts on here...
Guidolin on 09:31 - Oct 1 with 975 viewsbyron

He doesn’t like yanks I heard......

Benny

Guidolin on 09:49 - Oct 1 with 958 viewsthornabyswan

Guidolin on 09:31 - Oct 1 by byron

He doesn’t like yanks I heard......

Cardiff the only team that gets promoted in September.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Guidolin on 09:56 - Oct 1 with 949 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 08:13 - Oct 1 by Private_Partz

Well I find it highly unlikely that nobody in world football wanted to manage a premier league team myself but you're entitled to your opinion.

I will agree on the way he was treated though especially as those two American çunts stood in the tunnel wishing him luck and shaking his hand before his last game in charge knowing full well they were going to sack him and bring in Bradley.

Guidolin on 10:01 - Oct 1 with 945 viewscostalotta

Guidolin on 21:58 - Sep 30 by exiledclaseboy

Not having a go here.

It's a game of opinions and you have yours. When you express that opinion it can describe what you may or may not know or whether one understands the game. Or perhaps, whether one has a blinkered view.

FG was certainly not rubbish and has been said and backed up by facts, he has the results record here to provide back up to that fact, where as you only have words and a winge about how bad we may have played at home against soton. That squad was ruined by Monk and HJ. Confidence at a low point, we had infighting, loses against l2 opponents etc. He along with his team and of course AC brought a pragmatic approach which got us plenty of wins and points and ultimately a respectable finishing position (might be our 2nd best in EPL). Along the way we beat Arsenal away, Chelsea and Liverpool at home. I don't think we'd done that so far in any EPL season.

When he could open a game he did and again showed what his methods were capable of. It's just a shame that those who decided to fire him shared your view. In some ways it's lead to where we are now.

To think FG was rubbish, unless a tonge in cheek comment as an admital you know nothing to very little about football.
Guidolin on 10:42 - Oct 1 with 902 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 10:01 - Oct 1 by costalotta

Not having a go here.

It's a game of opinions and you have yours. When you express that opinion it can describe what you may or may not know or whether one understands the game. Or perhaps, whether one has a blinkered view.

FG was certainly not rubbish and has been said and backed up by facts, he has the results record here to provide back up to that fact, where as you only have words and a winge about how bad we may have played at home against soton. That squad was ruined by Monk and HJ. Confidence at a low point, we had infighting, loses against l2 opponents etc. He along with his team and of course AC brought a pragmatic approach which got us plenty of wins and points and ultimately a respectable finishing position (might be our 2nd best in EPL). Along the way we beat Arsenal away, Chelsea and Liverpool at home. I don't think we'd done that so far in any EPL season.

When he could open a game he did and again showed what his methods were capable of. It's just a shame that those who decided to fire him shared your view. In some ways it's lead to where we are now.

To think FG was rubbish, unless a tonge in cheek comment as an admital you know nothing to very little about football.

Last paragraph bang on the money
Guidolin on 11:09 - Oct 1 with 878 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin on 09:56 - Oct 1 by Darran

Well I find it highly unlikely that nobody in world football wanted to manage a premier league team myself but you're entitled to your opinion.

I will agree on the way he was treated though especially as those two American çunts stood in the tunnel wishing him luck and shaking his hand before his last game in charge knowing full well they were going to sack him and bring in Bradley.

The whole circus since January 2014 has been as big a stain on our wonderful club as the period from 2001 was a triumph. It is f*cking depressing, and will probably get worse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024