Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 46141 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:39 - Nov 14 with 3046 viewsSwanzay

The other interesting part is that after 3 resignations WHO forced the NDAs (Trust or Club) and why did ex members feel the need to sign.....
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:44 - Nov 14 with 3033 viewsbonymine

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 19:29 - Nov 14 by TheResurrection

well get cracking with your resignation letter and show the same bloody integrity man.

Don't delay and as soon as you do I propose a vote of no confidence in Stu MacDonald as Supporters Directer.

As for Phil, we've had a turbulent relationship I think it's fair to say but something had to change on the Trust and I'm pleased he's shown the courage to make this strong decision.

I'm sure Phil won't just go away and his time and experience on the Trust will be utilised many more times ahead.

11 years is too long for anyone to have sat on the Board but that's not all his fault. I'm sure he agrees with this point anyway.

I think it's fair to say old Sumbler has legendary status in the Swans family and from someone who has criticised him I've always had huge underlying respect for him.

Thank you and good luck, it's not an easy job and it's made more difficult by people like me on times, but nobody said it would be a bed of roses.

Cheers mate.

I truly hope that Phil’s resignation and the state the Club is now in is the catalyst for every TRUE FAN (not our PL Plastics) to UNITE and CO-ORDINATE a STRUCTURED PROTEST against the hierarchy BOTH PAST AND PRESENT .....

Unless we do this SOONER RATHER THAN LATER our Club will disappear back down the League as quickly as we came up ....

Mind you, maybe that’s not a bad thing if it means getting rid of the ‘hangers on’ and ‘glory hunters’ who have attached themselves to us (that includes HJ, his cronies and the Yanks !)

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 00:48 - Nov 15 with 2923 viewsKingBony

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:09 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

Fvckin ell Dar, stop being a drama queen ffs! You're the master of dragging up links, so bring one up where people have posted 'filth' towards Phil? Calm down mun!

Chill out Gaz ffs

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 01:01 - Nov 15 with 2904 viewsGaryjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 00:48 - Nov 15 by KingBony

Chill out Gaz ffs

Look here, i am chilled, calm and relaxed. I take self breathing exercises as part of my group therapy. SO DON'T TELL ME TO FVCKIN CHILL OUT OR I'LL FVCKIN KILL YOU MAN!

and relax......see, it's easy
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 01:17 - Nov 15 with 2877 viewsE20Jack

So you (Trust board) were warned countless times about this deal.

You not only ignored many professionals whom post on here, you ignored the advice of legal council you paid thousands of our pounds for.

To further that, you then swayed the vote in favour of the opposite in order to add extra weight behind that personal opinion (because that is what it was) and setting the vote in such a way ensuring you could push it through..

Now the warnings have come to fruition - you all leave, and leave it in the hands of the morons who still want to do the deal, even though it is now worse than it initially was?!

I understand people praising Phil for his work over the years but this has been a catastrophic screw up from ALL which I warned at the time would be what certain people would be remembered for. Resigning doesn't stop that memory.

There was a duty to fight for this club. It was not done when it was needed most. More unforgivable was the fact that you ensured no fight could take place. I am disgusted to be completely honest and cannot join in this love in for the 'now dissenters'. I appreciate the time and effort put in by these people but the club is bigger than individuals and right now I am fuming as the club and supporters organisation set up to protect it is clearly in grave danger.

The club and it's fans have has been let down on every front. Every single front. These people remaining need to be ousted and this fight needs to be taken up now. The pandering must stop.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 1:37]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 06:21 - Nov 15 with 2749 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:19 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

The only thing that stinks Dar, is the trust board not backing their Chairman, and not anything that has been posted on here.

The question is, what have Jenkins and co. got on the Trust?

They wouldn't try and mess around in negotiations if they knew they were up against it. Perhaps xmastree was right...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 06:29 - Nov 15 with 2734 viewsLoyal

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 06:21 - Nov 15 by waynekerr55

They wouldn't try and mess around in negotiations if they knew they were up against it. Perhaps xmastree was right...

The mind games start here

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 06:40 - Nov 15 with 2728 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 06:21 - Nov 15 by waynekerr55

The one thing this absolutely is not, is that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 07:07 - Nov 15 with 2690 viewsGowerjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 01:17 - Nov 15 by E20Jack

You not only ignored many professionals whom post on here, you ignored the advice of legal council you paid thousands of our pounds for.

To further that, you then swayed the vote in favour of the opposite in order to add extra weight behind that personal opinion (because that is what it was) and setting the vote in such a way ensuring you could push it through..

Now the warnings have come to fruition - you all leave, and leave it in the hands of the morons who still want to do the deal, even though it is now worse than it initially was?!

I understand people praising Phil for his work over the years but this has been a catastrophic screw up from ALL which I warned at the time would be what certain people would be remembered for. Resigning doesn't stop that memory.

There was a duty to fight for this club. It was not done when it was needed most. More unforgivable was the fact that you ensured no fight could take place. I am disgusted to be completely honest and cannot join in this love in for the 'now dissenters'. I appreciate the time and effort put in by these people but the club is bigger than individuals and right now I am fuming as the club and supporters organisation set up to protect it is clearly in grave danger.

The club and it's fans have has been let down on every front. Every single front. These people remaining need to be ousted and this fight needs to be taken up now. The pandering must stop.

Yep.

It's a crying shame.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 07:42 - Nov 15 with 2641 viewsBobby_Fischer

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 23:19 - Nov 14 by Garyjack

The only thing that stinks Dar, is the trust board not backing their Chairman, and not anything that has been posted on here.

I voted against the deal, but in no way should a committee (which is what The Trust is) be backing a solely what the chairman wants to do, whoever that may be.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 07:54 - Nov 15 with 2616 viewsSoberBaker

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 07:42 - Nov 15 by Bobby_Fischer

I voted against the deal, but in no way should a committee (which is what The Trust is) be backing a solely what the chairman wants to do, whoever that may be.

That's a really interesting first post you've made there.

Hmmm...

AMOW

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 07:57 - Nov 15 with 2608 views34dfgdf54

Much respect to Phil for the statement, sticking to his guns, much like Matt. But in regards to the following:

<<I have managed it to the best of my personal ability and, despite accusations to the contrary, I know that I had no knowledge of the current sale prior to it being closing in on completion and held all discussions with the majority shareholders with professionalism and dignity that probably goes beyond the treatment that we got. >>

I have heard no one, or read any posts which accuse Phil of knowing about the sale personally.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:55]
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 08:03 - Nov 15 with 2583 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 06:40 - Nov 15 by Uxbridge

The one thing this absolutely is not, is that.

It doesn't make you think though. I can't believe how the rest of the board have failed us Uxy. Why allow them the chance to change a deal that was about version 6 if my sauce was correct
? There can be no positives now, time to air the dirty linen in public via the courts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 08:44 - Nov 15 with 2481 viewstrampie

Excellent post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 08:59 - Nov 15 with 2435 viewsSPboy

You say the Trust board were warned countless times. Are you talking about 10-20 posters on this website or some bigger picture? The majority of Trust members voted with the Trust recommendation. Clearly the silent majority seem to be far greater in number than the ‘told you so’ vocal minority

It is very frustrating that the Trust seem to be so passive in this whole process and the lack of communication is quite appalling from all sides. Perhaps you could expand on what you mean by what legal advice has been ignored for us fans not in the know?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:07 - Nov 15 with 2408 viewsjacktar

It's a shame it's come to this but thanks for all your efforts Phil and good luck for the future.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:24 - Nov 15 with 2353 viewsAngelRangelQS

Firstly, thank you to Phil for all his hard work throughout the years. What a pity it has come to this.

Secondly, this highlights exactly how pathetic and ridiculous the last Trust elections were - each candidate talking about whether they spoke f*cking Welsh or not, how long they'd watched the Swans for or what they usually have for tea.

I said at the time that what was important was the way they'd want to take the Trust, their views on Jenkins/the Americans, etc. and how they'd represent the fans... you elect people on policy, not their backstory. Now we are paying for it with seemingly a bunch of yank/sell out supporting divs on the board.

Final nail in the coffin for the club as we all thought it was.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:42 - Nov 15 with 2311 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:24 - Nov 15 by AngelRangelQS

Firstly, thank you to Phil for all his hard work throughout the years. What a pity it has come to this.

Secondly, this highlights exactly how pathetic and ridiculous the last Trust elections were - each candidate talking about whether they spoke f*cking Welsh or not, how long they'd watched the Swans for or what they usually have for tea.

I said at the time that what was important was the way they'd want to take the Trust, their views on Jenkins/the Americans, etc. and how they'd represent the fans... you elect people on policy, not their backstory. Now we are paying for it with seemingly a bunch of yank/sell out supporting divs on the board.

This. The Trust has become the very thing it was set up to fight.

RIP #justanotherclub

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:52 - Nov 15 with 2295 viewsE20Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 08:59 - Nov 15 by SPboy

You say the Trust board were warned countless times. Are you talking about 10-20 posters on this website or some bigger picture? The majority of Trust members voted with the Trust recommendation. Clearly the silent majority seem to be far greater in number than the ‘told you so’ vocal minority

It is very frustrating that the Trust seem to be so passive in this whole process and the lack of communication is quite appalling from all sides. Perhaps you could expand on what you mean by what legal advice has been ignored for us fans not in the know?

I am talking about the Trust board not the Trust membership.

The Trust board were warned by many professionals regarding this deal. Continually. We had a chance to get enough money to break the chain of venture capitalist owners and become majority share holders again at so,e point in the future.

The legal council they spent thousands on also told them of the strength of the case. Not to mention their moral obligation to fight for the club and its supporters. They ignored it and decided to put a recommendation forward that the opposite be voted for in order to get into bed with people clearly showing contempt to both whose aims were not aligned with the Trust, thr club nor its fans.

That has now clearly and obviously backfired as all the above warned. And the individuals pushing through the deal have now in the main, changed their minds.

The remedy? Seems like its leaving it in the hands of the ones that still want to go ahead after the rest realised what an error they made.

I cant celebrate that. It is a catastrophic failure.

But your post goes to show (and The Trust know this) that any recommendation they make, will end up being the result of any vote - which was also noted at the time. This curent scenario is the doing of the Trust board (ones just resigned also). Thye have left it in one hell of a mess.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 9:59]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:52 - Nov 15 with 2293 viewswhoflungdung

Folk me . It gets worse

What this club needs is leadership both on and off the field of play

Meanwhile, I'm wondering how our super paid athletic under performing heroes are felling about all this .

Right now, what happens on the pitch is just as important

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:18 - Nov 15 with 2244 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:52 - Nov 15 by whoflungdung

Folk me . It gets worse

What this club needs is leadership both on and off the field of play

Meanwhile, I'm wondering how our super paid athletic under performing heroes are felling about all this .

Right now, what happens on the pitch is just as important

We're f*cked Mr Dung. The elected people to fight for our rights appear to want to suck up to Gonzo and his incompetent band of men...

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:33 - Nov 15 with 2219 viewsShaky

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 09:24 - Nov 15 by AngelRangelQS

Bingo.

Phil has personally made some bad errors of judgment, and has presided over an organisation that has made some very serious mistakes, but his enduring legacy after 11 years in charge will be to leave the Trust as a body totally lacking any real accountability.

What is the point of personally electing board members when the public at large has no fcuking clue what decisions they make or what they stand for? It is completely nonsensical.

Certainly his resignation now sends some sort of signal, but i would have vastly preferred him to have led some sort of reform from the inside, rather than abandon this to luuck and randomness.

BTW where does it state that the Trust board must be bound by collective responsibility? And even if that is stated in the constitution somewhere why not change it?

There is a widespread belief going back to Plato, that ideals are tarnished and diminished over time, and the best way to conduct affairs is to stick to original principles as first set out.

A lot of Americans view their constitution in this way and it is bollocks.

As time progresses we gain knowledge and have the invaluable opportunity to learn from our mistakes and reform and improve.

Notwithstanding his record to the contrary I am willing to accept that Phil may have seen the light and that his instincts now lean towards reform. And no doubt that reform is urgently needed; so where does it come from in the medium term?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:54 - Nov 15 with 2172 viewsItchySphincter

So much of that is true - all except the bit about taking professional advice from anonymous lunatics on a fans' message board.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:00 - Nov 15 with 2155 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 10:54 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

So much of that is true - all except the bit about taking professional advice from anonymous lunatics on a fans' message board.

Ironically the Trust would have been in a better position if they had listened to the "anonymous lunatics" on Planet Swans.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 11:04 - Nov 15 with 2145 viewsBobby_Fischer

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 07:54 - Nov 15 by SoberBaker

That's a really interesting first post you've made there.

Hmmm...

Thank you :)

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024