Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45722 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:59 - Nov 14 with 2477 viewsPegojack

Phil, a sincere thank you for all your sterling efforts over the years, which have been nothing short of 'oytstandin'!

And thank you for your principled resignation.

I reluctantly voted for the deal when it was put to Trust members, thinking it was about as good as we're going to get, but my blood is boiling now that I hear those feckers are even trying to renege on that.

If they try to change one punctuation mark, I say the deal's off, let's get those feckers into court and OUT OF OUR CLUB.

I hope the appeasers on the Trust Board are reading this, you have absolutely NO MANDATE to proceed on a changed deal.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:11 - Nov 14 with 2364 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:53 - Nov 14 by Neath_Jack

New generation? Do you mean the posters that were not happy with the way things were happening at the club and the Trust?

Were you/Are you happy?

No the ones that said they’d get involved if there were changes.

Snigger.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:12 - Nov 14 with 2352 viewsMattG

I don't believe there is anyone on the Board that would suggest proceeding with a different deal and not consulting again with members.

I also don't believe there is any intention to pursue a deal "at any cost" as someone suggested.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:19 - Nov 14 with 2276 viewsWatchman

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:12 - Nov 14 by MattG

I don't believe there is anyone on the Board that would suggest proceeding with a different deal and not consulting again with members.

I also don't believe there is any intention to pursue a deal "at any cost" as someone suggested.

Apologies as I asked the question on another thread but can a Board member or trust individual member bring about an injunction to stop any deal without agreement by the membership given the new information released by the former Chair this evening

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:20 - Nov 14 with 2259 viewsJack_Kass

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 20:53 - Nov 14 by Neath_Jack

New generation? Do you mean the posters that were not happy with the way things were happening at the club and the Trust?

Were you/Are you happy?

I'll let you know in a years time.

The race to the bottom, on and off the field, is underway.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:21 - Nov 14 with 2244 viewsdonkonky

Well it will be more than interesting to hear what issues caused such a divide for you all to step down. I take it that most people on here will be pretty pissed off at events when they surface.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:24 - Nov 14 with 2222 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:20 - Nov 14 by Jack_Kass

I'll let you know in a years time.

The race to the bottom, on and off the field, is underway.

Apathy rules ok with you then, tidy.

Fiddling whilst Rome burns.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:27 - Nov 14 with 2176 viewsPhil_S

Tonight I am overwhelmed by the messages, the words of kindness and the support shown to what has been a very difficult decision to reach.

I will add a few things.

The Trust board will come back to the members with any terms to the deal that are different to what was outlined back in the consultation period. For me the proposed change in terms were enough for me to believe the deal should not be proceeded with, for others they did not think it was significant enough but ultimately it will be the members that decide that in the end.

As I said in the statement I have never had an issue with people criticising the Trust and at times it was difficult to distinguish between personal criticism and criticism of the organisation. And there were times when the line was crossed in what was said (including some very strong accusations that were simply untrue) but thats in the past now.

My 'retirement' is planned ahead of me. More time with the family is a must but I want to get this site back to where it was. Simon wrote some articles back in the summer (by the way he isn't swansnews - as I alluded to back in the summer, every article that appears on here generates a forum post that remains a sticky for 3 hours unless it is deleted) but what used to make this site different was the opinions in the articles and not a regurgitation of the same news all the time. I can be a fan writing articles again now, looking forward to it.

For the avoidance of doubt though I have always had a spine, a pair of b@ll@cks and have never been paid for what I did. And I'm not a great lover of prawn sandwiches although I do like prawns

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:28 - Nov 14 with 2145 viewsGaryjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:21 - Nov 14 by donkonky

Well it will be more than interesting to hear what issues caused such a divide for you all to step down. I take it that most people on here will be pretty pissed off at events when they surface.

As i stated here earlier. Uxbridge needs to be a man, take a deep breath and come out with it before someone else does! Has he not even got the balls to do that?
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 21:34]
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:28 - Nov 14 with 2140 viewsJack_Kass

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:24 - Nov 14 by Neath_Jack

Apathy rules ok with you then, tidy.

Fiddling whilst Rome burns.

Get your bucket of water and get to f**king work then.

Chop chop.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:30 - Nov 14 with 2113 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:27 - Nov 14 by Phil_S

Tonight I am overwhelmed by the messages, the words of kindness and the support shown to what has been a very difficult decision to reach.

I will add a few things.

The Trust board will come back to the members with any terms to the deal that are different to what was outlined back in the consultation period. For me the proposed change in terms were enough for me to believe the deal should not be proceeded with, for others they did not think it was significant enough but ultimately it will be the members that decide that in the end.

As I said in the statement I have never had an issue with people criticising the Trust and at times it was difficult to distinguish between personal criticism and criticism of the organisation. And there were times when the line was crossed in what was said (including some very strong accusations that were simply untrue) but thats in the past now.

My 'retirement' is planned ahead of me. More time with the family is a must but I want to get this site back to where it was. Simon wrote some articles back in the summer (by the way he isn't swansnews - as I alluded to back in the summer, every article that appears on here generates a forum post that remains a sticky for 3 hours unless it is deleted) but what used to make this site different was the opinions in the articles and not a regurgitation of the same news all the time. I can be a fan writing articles again now, looking forward to it.

For the avoidance of doubt though I have always had a spine, a pair of b@ll@cks and have never been paid for what I did. And I'm not a great lover of prawn sandwiches although I do like prawns

Yay Big Jack Brother is making a return.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:32 - Nov 14 with 2074 viewsswanseajack4eva

Can anyone clarify the governance of the Trust board - specifically how many board members are needed to agree a deal with the majority shareholders? Simple majority? Of minimum of X members? Does the Trust need to hold elections to fill the resignations before agreeing a deal?

PS - Thank you Phil for your tireless work over many many years, without which we would not have a club at all.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:33 - Nov 14 with 2066 viewswaynekerr55

ALthough Matt the major worry isn't that yourself and phil have stepped down says a lot; there are too many Trust board members who are costing up to the new and old regime. It's time to get our club back before we end up in league 2 like Blackpool.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:33 - Nov 14 with 2063 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wonder whether Jenkins is reluctant to cough up the money to buy the Trust’s shares now. I wonder what they’ll be worth next May?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:34 - Nov 14 with 2045 viewsIAN05

I for one am glad that Phil has resigned In some ways. The class he has always shown, his integrity, professionalism and the passion he has for the football club means that he is way too good for the people involved in our football club.

We are a club that has lost all its heart and Phil should never be tarnished with that brush.

Thanks for your leadership, passion and the always honest endeavours Phil.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:34 - Nov 14 with 2043 viewsWatchman

I will add a few things.

Phil are you happy that the owners will always make you feel welcome as 'our guest'! Do they know you have held an ST for more than a year

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:39 - Nov 14 with 1974 viewsbarry_island

Sorry to see you finish Phil, I couldn't do it.

One question, if all of the Trust Board resigned, what then happens to the deal?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:39 - Nov 14 with 1974 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:34 - Nov 14 by Watchman

Phil are you happy that the owners will always make you feel welcome as 'our guest'! Do they know you have held an ST for more than a year

I'm going to see if Andy Gurney wants to come to games with me :D
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:42 - Nov 14 with 1932 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:30 - Nov 14 by Darran

Yay Big Jack Brother is making a return.

Um.....no!

I'm a jack b@stard, get me out of here may be a new one though.... (NOT!)
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:42 - Nov 14 with 1913 viewsOldjack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:39 - Nov 14 by barry_island

Sorry to see you finish Phil, I couldn't do it.

One question, if all of the Trust Board resigned, what then happens to the deal?

there'll be no one left to take the sell-outs to court ,the bastards !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:43 - Nov 14 with 1903 viewsWatchman

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:39 - Nov 14 by Phil_S

I'm going to see if Andy Gurney wants to come to games with me :D

He watches over us ALWAYS ssssssssshh

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:45 - Nov 14 with 1868 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:32 - Nov 14 by swanseajack4eva

Can anyone clarify the governance of the Trust board - specifically how many board members are needed to agree a deal with the majority shareholders? Simple majority? Of minimum of X members? Does the Trust need to hold elections to fill the resignations before agreeing a deal?

PS - Thank you Phil for your tireless work over many many years, without which we would not have a club at all.

If the deal was as presented to the members then the vote has been carried - if it changes for the better then I guess it wouldn't need referring back, if it changed for thew worse then it needs to be referred back to the members for a vote again

In terms of the elections, I'm honestly not sure - there is no obligation to immediately fill any vacancies although with four of them now available I would take an assumption that the organisation would look for new blood to replace them. I would guess that all will become clearer after the next board meeting which I read earlier has been called for tomorrow
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:45 - Nov 14 with 1866 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I will add a few things.

Thanks Phil.

I saw the pain you were feeling when you outlined the treachery of the sell outs at that meeting of the Trust at the Liberty. It was final confirmation of something that we already knew - that our club was no longer entitled to call itself “NOT JUST ANOTHER FOOTBALL CLUB “. Something they still have the brass neck to put on the season tickets to this day.

Good luck and make sure you do spend more time with your family. You never get those days back and if you don’t you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.

YJB

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:47 - Nov 14 with 1824 viewsmax936

I will add a few things.

Prawns are lovely not very good for fighting the old Cholesterol though

Anyway good luck on your retirement and Thanks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 1774 viewsjack2jack

Phil,
I would also like to add my very best wishes to you for the future.
J2J
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024