Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place 01:19 - Jan 1 with 26323 viewsMyFinalHeaven

1. DC United, which Levien owns and is the managing director of. They recently finished tied for last place in the 22 team MLS and scored the fewest number of goals. Last place, least amount of goals--talk about a parallel to us.

2. Memphis Grizzlies, which Kaplan owns and is the Vice Chairman of. Currently dead last in the Western Conference of the NBA.

3. And of course, us. Dead last in the EPL and like DC United, also dead last when it comes to goals scored.

This is a new low in sports ownership history. Never before has an individual or a group of individuals who owned 2 or more clubs ever had them all in last place like this. And these blokes own 3. Congrats on the accomplishment you stupid cvnts. It takes a special kind of incompetence and uselessness to achieve such a task, and somehow you two managed it.

What sticks out for me most is with the other football team they own besides ours, DC United, which has gone down a very similar path to SCFC since Levien took them over back in 2012. It's eerie almost in the similarities. In his first full season as owner in 2013 DC United finished dead last, and in every year of his ownership they've been in the bottom 4 of the league in terms of wage bills. And just like us, Levien has not put a cent into the club. Looking at DC United fans talk about their ownership on social media and on their message board, it's strikingly reminiscent of ours, with their supporters expressing utter hopelessness and frustration about how club brass don't give two fvcks about the club, how they only care about making money, and how even the bare minimum isn't being put in. Have a look at DC United's transfer spending sheet year by year, it's one of the most depressing things I have ever seen. In 6 years of ownership Levien has spent just £4.6m on players, and they had THREE SEASONS WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN SPEND A SINGLE DOLLAR ON PLAYERS:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/d-c-united/alletransfers/verein/2440

Levien has ran to the press and postured about how desperate he is to spend and win though. Check out what he said back in April 2013. The team would end up spending £0 on players that season:

“We are willing to spend what it takes to be competitive at the upper echelons of the league,” he said. “The revenue streams are still not there, but while we are mindful of that, we want to win. And we owe it to our fans and our own competitive nature to assemble a roster that can compete with anyone in the league.”

From: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2013/04/29/few-minutes-wit

Sound familiar? That's because it is. Remember what Levien said in his first conference after the takeover about how willing he was to spend, bragging endlessly about his "financial resources," how he wanted to "make a splash," and how we were no longer going to be a selling club or a club that players used as a stepping stone?:

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive...perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

But wait, it gets even worse. Let's not forget Levien also said the following:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

"The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously. While we plan on being long-term owners we know the team belongs to the community. In essence, we see ourselves as guardians of the club but it belongs to the fans of Swansea City. One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world. We know there is always a sense of fear and trepidation when new owners arrive on the scene but we will do everything in our power to win your trust and ensure there is a long and bright future for Swansea City.

Given all this, and with Kaplan and Levien's utterly horrendous track record when it comes to sports ownership, it is absolutely appalling why Jenkins would sell to these two, especially when he's babbled so much over the years about how he wants to ensure Swansea City is in the right hands and continues to move forward when he eventually leaves. It's especially perplexing when you take into account that he had turned down John Jay Moores' attempt to purchase us, someone who actually has a somewhat successful history of owning a team with the San Diego Padres, which he owned from 1994 to 2008. How he could turn down Moores, or anyone really, for these two con men is absolutely incredible. My only guess is that Moores' offer did not include a guarantee he would stay on as chairman and remain in power like K&L's offer, and that Moores was looking to replace him with a proper DoF should he have taken over.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:06]

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:57 - Jan 1 with 2860 viewsYossarian

Wake up Wathan ffs!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:58 - Jan 1 with 2858 viewsmonmouth

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:55 - Jan 1 by wobbly

The only thing I would say is you’re letting the other sc*mbags off the hook. Katzen, Morgan, Dineen, Van Zweden and the rest are equally as bad as Jenkins and shouldn’t be let off the hook.

Definitely.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:59 - Jan 1 with 2855 viewsFireboy2

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:31 - Jan 1 by awayjack

It's called due diligence to make sure you know who you're selling out to. Jenkins and co so blinded by payday they did very little DD. Greedy bxstards.

This

I knew exactly what these cvnts were about before they bought the sellouts shares

So if i and hundreds of others knew im sure the sellouts knew

And thats why the situation s so disgusting

They were only bothered about their bank balances and NOT the future of SCFC

Yeah they didnt know EXACTLY how it would turn out but the proof is stamped in history,they sold to people who only buy sports clubs to make money and the people they sold to have a CV that would put 99% of people off them

But no they sold our future,thanks huw and co
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:02 - Jan 1 with 2848 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:56 - Jan 1 by Yossarian

It also makes you wonder how the Yanks could ever pass the ‘fit and proper person’ test for the Premier League. What a total feckin joke that is!

The fit and proper test is seriously the biggest joke in the world. The requirement for passing is literally to just have a pulse. Owen Oyston (Blackpool) is a convicted rapist and he passed it, as did lifelong conman and convicted fraudster Russell King (Notts). The FA would deem even John Cooper as fit and proper.

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:02 - Jan 1 with 2845 viewsderijack

We should be contacting the premier league to see what they knew of the consortium and a breakdown of the results of the test.

It does get reviewed each season according to the premier league site.

“The test is applied to prospective owners and directors, who are then subject to a review on a seasonal basis. You can read the criteria of the Test in full at Section F of the Premier League Handbook.”

So the more awareness there is the better.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:02 - Jan 1 with 2845 viewsPawelAbbott

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:50 - Jan 1 by Private_Partz

A good point and that was my reading of it as well.
This is the very reason the Trust were excluded from any involvement and due diligence when Yank 2 came acalling.
Also why the Chinese were giving short thrift. It was a mad rush to sell the shares, forgetting about the SHA as well in the process .
All this regardless of who they were selling to. Imho they didn't know or didn't care as long as the cash flowed in.

Yes, wasn't it the trust who pulled the plug on the first deal which is why they were avoided the second time around. The sellouts darent involve them in case they did the same again and that all missed their pay day.
They have since been squirming to make out this wasn't the case.
It certainly appeared that way.
In hindsight the trust may as well have done the deal with Moore's as he couldn't have been any worse. I know he has failed in bids for other clubs since, but, how many other clubs would have rejected Levein and Kaplan?
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:05 - Jan 1 with 2832 viewsDewi1jack

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:11 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

People can say that Jenkins knew for certain who he was selling to and the trouble the club would get in.

I don't agree with that though..
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 4:12]

Beaky admitted himself that HE HAD NO IDEA WHO HE WAS SELLING TO.
That doesn't really sound like the plan of someone who had the best interests of the club at heart does it?
In fact we only found out a couple of weeks ago there were 27 shareholders- Beaky, Dimwit (the worst of the sellers BTW) Morgan etc found out at the same time give or take

It does sound like the actions of someone who only gave a fug about his payday though.
Especially when you think that a 10 minute Google search brought up so much bad publicity on the buyers when they first took over.
For those able to do deep internet searches, I'm going to guess it's even more shocking than Google.

Beaky and the rest of the sellers DID ZERO DUE DILIGENCE on the buyers. Therefore didn't give a flying fuk about the club, its fans or the City (relegation will cost a lot of businesses money)
End of

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:08 - Jan 1 with 2818 viewsicecoldjack

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:27 - Jan 1 by Humpty

We knew that the moment they sold the club to them. It was obvious. This was the worst type of owner you can have. Small time chancers hoping to make a quick buck. It really was obvious. And the sellers really didn't care. That's why they kept it all secret and did it on the sly.

I'm not having a go at you mate. Honestly. It just frustrates me when I see people saying Jenkins was duped. Just like it frustrates me when I heard people on the radio talking about 100M£ investment and taking us to the next level. It was never going to happen with people like this.

And the people who sold the club didn't care.

100 % correct.

The only surprise here is why people are surprised about the current situation !!

Many many fans saw this red flag straight away . As said above all you needed to know was in the fookin Internet !!

Jenkins and Co just wanted money out the club by hook or by crook . They didn't give a fook who they sold it to as long as they got money out fast .

People are idiots for thinking anything else.
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:10 - Jan 1 with 2810 viewsConcerned_Parent

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:52 - Jan 1 by lifelong

It makes for grim reading regarding the future of the club, it highlights the fact that the slightest bit of research by the sell outs would have told them exactly who they were selling to and the type of people they were.
Disgraceful.

Yep. It's infuriating how OF ALL the people who wanted to buy our club, we somehow ended with these con artists. By Jenkins' own admission we had proposals from buyers in South Africa, Monaco, China, multiple ones from America, and somehow we ended up with the worst freaking one. It's inconceivable to think that anyone could possibly do a poorer job than these Yanks have done since they took over. Sometimes I think they're secret Cardiff supporters looking to sabotage us. They've been that poor.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:13 - Jan 1 with 2798 viewsSmellyplumz

Happy new year 🤤

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:45 - Jan 1 with 2729 viewscostalotta

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:51 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

And I think that you can try and get people to believe (and a lot will) your bullshit that Jenkins knew this and knew that.

But it is so obvious, at a matter of fact nothing has ever been so obvious, that he didn't know how bad they would turn out to be, you will never convince me of your bullshit.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 4:52]

Fella, you're a fool if you really believe what you're saying. Firstly, it's his job to know. DUE DILIGENCE!!!

Now if he didn't he's incompetent and should be no near running anything and if he did, which of course he did, he is as currently described. Wake up!
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:48 - Jan 1 with 2725 viewsthereisnospoon

i get it now lads, it all makes sense.

when levien talked about spending and investing to make us successful he was talking in regards to when we play in the conference. once we slip down the ladder and when his hedge fund have sucked us and the parachute payments dry, we'll definitely be able to "compete with anyone in the league" like he said. in regards to spending, he was referring to spending money (club money of course) on travel and lodging costs to bring over his dc united players to sign with us. the mls is a very mediocre league, somewhere in between league one and the championship in terms of quality, but they should be able to play conference national clubs off the park with relative ease.

and when he talks about swansea city no longer being a selling and stepping stone club, he's right. by the time we've dropped down the divisions no one is going to even want to play for us, much less use us as a stepping stone. just look at what happened with blackpool, portsmouth, and coventry. they all went through multiple seasons where they hardly had the minimum number of players in their squad. there was a time back in 2014 when blackpool only had 8 players on their books

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:50]
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:04 - Jan 1 with 2698 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:56 - Jan 1 by Yossarian

It also makes you wonder how the Yanks could ever pass the ‘fit and proper person’ test for the Premier League. What a total feckin joke that is!

This!
With their record in the States and also as representives of a hedge fund how could they possibly meet the FA Standards.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:07 - Jan 1 with 2688 viewsQJumpingJack

Probably best to make this a sticky.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:14 - Jan 1 with 2678 viewsDewi1jack

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:48 - Jan 1 by thereisnospoon

i get it now lads, it all makes sense.

when levien talked about spending and investing to make us successful he was talking in regards to when we play in the conference. once we slip down the ladder and when his hedge fund have sucked us and the parachute payments dry, we'll definitely be able to "compete with anyone in the league" like he said. in regards to spending, he was referring to spending money (club money of course) on travel and lodging costs to bring over his dc united players to sign with us. the mls is a very mediocre league, somewhere in between league one and the championship in terms of quality, but they should be able to play conference national clubs off the park with relative ease.

and when he talks about swansea city no longer being a selling and stepping stone club, he's right. by the time we've dropped down the divisions no one is going to even want to play for us, much less use us as a stepping stone. just look at what happened with blackpool, portsmouth, and coventry. they all went through multiple seasons where they hardly had the minimum number of players in their squad. there was a time back in 2014 when blackpool only had 8 players on their books

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:50]

Thanks for that.

Can't work out if you're a happy pessimist or an unhappy optimist

Happy and a peaceful New Year one and all.
Beaky and the rest can't sell that from under us!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:18 - Jan 1 with 2666 viewsQJumpingJack

The night before the West Ham 4-1 game in April 2016, Huw Jenkins confirmed at a London Trust event that due diligence had taken place.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:23 - Jan 1 with 2653 viewsthereisnospoon

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:18 - Jan 1 by QJumpingJack

The night before the West Ham 4-1 game in April 2016, Huw Jenkins confirmed at a London Trust event that due diligence had taken place.

the due diligence jenkins did was the following:

1) making sure kaplan and levien were sentient human beings who had functional hands, ones which were capable of putting a pen to paper

2) checking his bank account to see if k&l's money was deposited safely into it and that nothing bounced

but in all seriousness, if jenkins did any sort of due diligence and looked these two con men up he would have known how dodgy they are and told them to f uck off. all he cared about unfortunately was cashing out as quickly and effortlessly as possible
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 12:21 - Jan 1 with 2587 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:07 - Jan 1 by QJumpingJack

Probably best to make this a sticky.

Agree, all the posts on the Trust, SCSA,Jenkins & Davies should be stickies.
This is probably one of the most important times in the clubs history (again).
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 12:22 - Jan 1 with 2585 viewsPentyrchJack

Shame there is not a reverse Financial Fair Play for owners who underinvest.....

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 12:24 - Jan 1 with 2584 viewsHighjack

Is it worth trying to organise a joint protest between all three shyt sports clubs that are being shafted for the sake of a few cents?

I know we've probably got the highest profile as a (at the moment) Premier League club with a global audience, but it would be more of a story if all of the customers of their 'business ventures' made a stand together all around the world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 12:52 - Jan 1 with 2542 viewsYossarian

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 12:24 - Jan 1 by Highjack

Is it worth trying to organise a joint protest between all three shyt sports clubs that are being shafted for the sake of a few cents?

I know we've probably got the highest profile as a (at the moment) Premier League club with a global audience, but it would be more of a story if all of the customers of their 'business ventures' made a stand together all around the world.

Excellent idea. This would certainly mobilise the press pigs.

It might even wake the City of Swansea Council up and get them to pull the plug on the sale of the stadium lease. Wake up mun!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 13:06 - Jan 1 with 2531 viewsHighjack

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 12:52 - Jan 1 by Yossarian

Excellent idea. This would certainly mobilise the press pigs.

It might even wake the City of Swansea Council up and get them to pull the plug on the sale of the stadium lease. Wake up mun!

Yes I tried searching for DC forums but all I can find so far is nerdy virgins talking about Wonderwoman.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 14:12 - Jan 1 with 2474 viewsSwanseaman

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:53 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Listen dull c*nt, there were two types of owners who had any stake in Swansea City prior to this sale. One was the trust, who for all their mistakes, did have the future of SCFC at their heart. The other were people who wanted to make money for themselves. That's why the latter group kept the former group out of the equation.

Why would the sellers who wanted money for themselves want to keep out the largest shareholder? Because the largest shareholder was the one who's only concern was SCFC. It's that's f*cking simple.

Sorry if you don't get it. And sorry I called you a dull c*nt.But you're either a very dull c*nt or someone who's working for the real c*nts.

And if you are you should just f*ck off now. We don't believe your poor old Huw bullshit anymore.

That's about it.

Is that the best you can do? You argue like a child, your need to call me thick or a dull c*nt shows where your at. It's amusing to see you so annoyed when you can't even undertand that you have agreed with me..

You have said: 'I'm sure he would have wanted it to go better than it has, for his own sake at least'.

And I say: 'I don't think Jenkins thought they would be as bad as they have turned out to be.

But just go ahead and continue to name call me, that's what your best at :)

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 14:38 - Jan 1 with 2442 viewsSwanseaman

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:53 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Listen dull c*nt, there were two types of owners who had any stake in Swansea City prior to this sale. One was the trust, who for all their mistakes, did have the future of SCFC at their heart. The other were people who wanted to make money for themselves. That's why the latter group kept the former group out of the equation.

Why would the sellers who wanted money for themselves want to keep out the largest shareholder? Because the largest shareholder was the one who's only concern was SCFC. It's that's f*cking simple.

Sorry if you don't get it. And sorry I called you a dull c*nt.But you're either a very dull c*nt or someone who's working for the real c*nts.

And if you are you should just f*ck off now. We don't believe your poor old Huw bullshit anymore.

That's about it.

All you do is post here slagging down and calling people thick or an c*nt, instead of tying to get everyone together and work out exactly what can be done, your only answer is to post aggressive posts to people and take it out on them. That's your enjoyment.

You want everyone to think that Jenkins knew beforehand they were as bad as they have turned out to be... Can't have anyone think that he might have believed they would actually be OK, no.

Don't try and brainwash me into thinking that he knew they would turn out to be this bad.

I think Jenkins went about the sale knowing there was a risk involved. And he didn't want to involve the trust because he knew they may not agree with the sale (may have thought the Americans may not be good enough).

I don't think Jenkins knew they would turn out this bad though, he's now having problems with them which he's felt the need to come out and make public..

If you want to believe that he really knew they would be like this, that's up to you. I can clearly see the way they are is now getting to him. There looks to be an ever increasing breakdown of communication between them both...
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 15:01]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 15:10 - Jan 1 with 2403 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 14:38 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

All you do is post here slagging down and calling people thick or an c*nt, instead of tying to get everyone together and work out exactly what can be done, your only answer is to post aggressive posts to people and take it out on them. That's your enjoyment.

You want everyone to think that Jenkins knew beforehand they were as bad as they have turned out to be... Can't have anyone think that he might have believed they would actually be OK, no.

Don't try and brainwash me into thinking that he knew they would turn out to be this bad.

I think Jenkins went about the sale knowing there was a risk involved. And he didn't want to involve the trust because he knew they may not agree with the sale (may have thought the Americans may not be good enough).

I don't think Jenkins knew they would turn out this bad though, he's now having problems with them which he's felt the need to come out and make public..

If you want to believe that he really knew they would be like this, that's up to you. I can clearly see the way they are is now getting to him. There looks to be an ever increasing breakdown of communication between them both...
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 15:01]

What don't you understand about whether he knew or not, it is immaterial as he obviously does not give a Sh!t.
Add to that the fact that his Ego is far too big to let him think he could possibly be wrong, when he obviously has been many times in the recent past and you have a recipy for disaster and the longer he is here the larger the disaster could get.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024