Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? 07:06 - Jan 23 with 37368 viewsbelieveinmiracles

Credit where it`s due lads
1. Who would have picked Carlos ?
2. Who would have bought Mawson for £5m ( now worth £40M plus )

Better to keep Jenkins than leave the yanks in cha
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 00:32 - Jan 24 with 1946 viewsperplex

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:29 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

There are plenty of fish of similar size to us in this league. Most of them are 6 points or less from being bottom of said league.

No there are not plenty, I`ll grant you Huddersfield, Burnley, and Bournemouth all the rest have bigger ground capacity and Bournemouth and Huddersfield have been no where near as long as us in the Prem, you need to take a look at the massive clubs that are languishing in the lower league`s and be thank full what we are achieving by staying in what is probably the worlds best and most competitive league.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 07:29 - Jan 24 with 1886 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 00:32 - Jan 24 by perplex

No there are not plenty, I`ll grant you Huddersfield, Burnley, and Bournemouth all the rest have bigger ground capacity and Bournemouth and Huddersfield have been no where near as long as us in the Prem, you need to take a look at the massive clubs that are languishing in the lower league`s and be thank full what we are achieving by staying in what is probably the worlds best and most competitive league.

I live in the here and now and I am talking about this League. You have already mentioned a few in the Premier League. How about Brighton, Palace, Stoke, West Brom of Southampton even? Many of these having to compete against other clubs in very close proximity. No such probkem here.
I really can't be doing with this 'poor little Swansea punching above their weight' attitude.
We have achieved our status by bloody hard work and Jenkins has massive credit for that.
It does not mean we should lie back and think of England.
A decent recruitment set up at the club, Marketing and a DOF that will stand up to the Yanks, and has a Scooby of what he is doing, would be an excellent start.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 7:32]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 08:07 - Jan 24 with 1864 viewsShaky

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:59 - Jan 23 by TheResurrection

Because of who told me.

Are you drunk mate?

So Jenkins briefed you personally on this?

He presumably also told you that he took the initiative on signing Bony?

And that his employers the American majority shareholders are so fcuking hopeless, that he must be allowed to continue otherwise the club is sunk.

This tells me one only thing with any certainty; Jenkins is desperate.

Is that because he loves the club much more than money and status? No doubt people will make up their own minds on that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 08:11 - Jan 24 with 1856 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 07:29 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

I live in the here and now and I am talking about this League. You have already mentioned a few in the Premier League. How about Brighton, Palace, Stoke, West Brom of Southampton even? Many of these having to compete against other clubs in very close proximity. No such probkem here.
I really can't be doing with this 'poor little Swansea punching above their weight' attitude.
We have achieved our status by bloody hard work and Jenkins has massive credit for that.
A decent recruitment set up at the club, Marketing and a DOF that will stand up to the Yanks, and has a Scooby of what he is doing, would be an excellent start.

If you're talking about the 'here and now' then you have to also understand that we're seriously under-funded compared to nearly every other team in the PL.

Yes, Jenkins & Co performed miracles for a few seasons, but you can't rely on miracles forever. Maybe we should be smarter, work harder, etc but the other clubs pay their recruitment teams a lot more to be even smarter and work even harder than ours!

I also agree that we shouldn't lie down and think of Wales. but at the same time we do have to stand back and accept that it's not equal competition.

Someone mentioned Bournemouth - they've got billionaire owners. Palace, West Brom now, Stoke, Watford, Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton all have owners SIGNIFICANTLY richer than ours.

The only two I'm unsure about are Huddersfield (I don't think Hoyle is extremely rich) and Burnley's co-owners.

Edit: Huddersfield's Chairman is worth £500m net! He's into the very rich category!!!

In fact, we're almost the only club without a "billion" next to the owner's wealth. All the others are reliant on hand-outs and budgets being topped up by sugar-daddies.

Apart from being the main reason we shouldn't have sold to Yanks 2.0, it does show that we're swimming against the tide and have been for a long time.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:24 - Jan 24 with 1719 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 08:11 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

If you're talking about the 'here and now' then you have to also understand that we're seriously under-funded compared to nearly every other team in the PL.

Yes, Jenkins & Co performed miracles for a few seasons, but you can't rely on miracles forever. Maybe we should be smarter, work harder, etc but the other clubs pay their recruitment teams a lot more to be even smarter and work even harder than ours!

I also agree that we shouldn't lie down and think of Wales. but at the same time we do have to stand back and accept that it's not equal competition.

Someone mentioned Bournemouth - they've got billionaire owners. Palace, West Brom now, Stoke, Watford, Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton all have owners SIGNIFICANTLY richer than ours.

The only two I'm unsure about are Huddersfield (I don't think Hoyle is extremely rich) and Burnley's co-owners.

Edit: Huddersfield's Chairman is worth £500m net! He's into the very rich category!!!

In fact, we're almost the only club without a "billion" next to the owner's wealth. All the others are reliant on hand-outs and budgets being topped up by sugar-daddies.

Apart from being the main reason we shouldn't have sold to Yanks 2.0, it does show that we're swimming against the tide and have been for a long time.

Sorry I can't buy that. Just because clubs have millionaire owners it does not mean they are going to pump endless amounts in to their club. Hiddersfield''s owner nay be rich but if you added up our Hedge funder's wealth I bet they would run him close. Man city and Chelsea are notable exceptions.
We would not be nearly so underfunded if we had not wasted 10 of millions on poor signing's.
One man's ego has caused our problems.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:31 - Jan 24 with 1707 viewsLeonWasGod

It's true. We're punching well above our weight, and HJ deserves a lot of credit for that. Even when he screws up (which has been happening increasingly often) he somehow manages to salvage things. Possibly those mistakes are coming home to roost, but it won't be a massive surprise as nobody gave us a chance 7 years ago. If and when we go down it will have been a great journey.

But the performance of our sellouts isn't really the problem is it? I can see why they are loathed after the way they've behaved.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 1686 viewsperchrockjack

Are there no rich Swansea people ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 15:15 - Jan 24 with 1672 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:24 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

Sorry I can't buy that. Just because clubs have millionaire owners it does not mean they are going to pump endless amounts in to their club. Hiddersfield''s owner nay be rich but if you added up our Hedge funder's wealth I bet they would run him close. Man city and Chelsea are notable exceptions.
We would not be nearly so underfunded if we had not wasted 10 of millions on poor signing's.

PP,

90% of the club's owners are pumping in millions upon millions every year to subsidise their clubs.

Others, like ManU's Yanks, are putting the club in huge amounts of debt, but it's debt that they can easily service because they're a massive club with huge profits.

You might be surprised how much the likes of Stoke's owner or Bournemouth's owner are adding to balance the books every season - it's incredible.

The question we have to ask ourselves is - do we want the club to be straddled with debt that would could only sustain if we were in the PL? If the answer's no, then we have to spend within our means or look for another owner who's got so much money that he/she doesn't mind losing £100m or so.

BUT, it would help a lot if Jenkins stopped blowing the bigger money on signings like Clucas, Baston, Sanches, Mesa, etc. It's one thing to take a punt on players that are worth £5m but we can't afford to spend the best part of £50m of signings that don't have a big impact.

Who's caused our problems? That's easy - we should only have sold to owners who genuinely could have taken us to the next level, without straddling us with debt.

Login to get fewer ads

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 15:15 - Jan 24 with 1670 viewsjack_lord

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:53 - Jan 24 by perchrockjack

There are some very rich people in Swansea Rich. They are very wealthy for a reason.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 16:18 - Jan 24 with 1633 viewsPawelAbbott

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 07:29 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

Sorry, meant to up arrow you not down. The train bounced as I was pressing it
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:24 - Jan 24 with 1581 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 08:07 - Jan 24 by Shaky

So Jenkins briefed you personally on this?

He presumably also told you that he took the initiative on signing Bony?

And that his employers the American majority shareholders are so fcuking hopeless, that he must be allowed to continue otherwise the club is sunk.

This tells me one only thing with any certainty; Jenkins is desperate.

Is that because he loves the club much more than money and status? No doubt people will make up their own minds on that.

No idea what you're on about or what point you're trying to make, sorry.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:26 - Jan 24 with 1577 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:24 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

Oh come on mate, you're trying to win a farcical argument saying we're on a par with Premier league club's.

Jesus. Have you completely lost sight of who we really are?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:36 - Jan 24 with 1547 viewsairedale

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 15:15 - Jan 24 by jack_lord

There are some very rich people in Swansea Rich. They are very wealthy for a reason.

I don’t know of any rich people in Swansea, unless Terry Matthews lives here now.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:39 - Jan 24 with 1542 viewsicecoldjack

Huw Jenkins ?

Martin Morgan ?

Leigh Dineen ?

Robert Davies ?

Maybe if those guys got together, it could be something really special? all local people who would become the darling of the fans with their passion for their home town club, at least if those people bought us they would protect us from the dodgy american hedge fund types of people .
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:48 - Jan 24 with 1530 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:26 - Jan 24 by TheResurrection

Oh come on mate, you're trying to win a farcical argument saying we're on a par with Premier league club's.

Jesus. Have you completely lost sight of who we really are?

5 years ago we were hailed, and hailed ourselves, as a model club.
We would bullishly claim we did not need to sell players as we were one of the few clubs who were solvent.
A recruitment team was pulling in players from all over the world. Be that team ML:'s, Rodgers, or even Martnez''s.
Now we rely on Falkirk youth and are apparently up sh@t creek financially. This despite selling to owners who were supposed to take us to the next level
We had the blueprint for sucess but lost it due to a hasty sellout and downright ego mania
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 18:45]

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:20 - Jan 24 with 1497 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 17:48 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

5 years ago we were hailed, and hailed ourselves, as a model club.
We would bullishly claim we did not need to sell players as we were one of the few clubs who were solvent.
A recruitment team was pulling in players from all over the world. Be that team ML:'s, Rodgers, or even Martnez''s.
Now we rely on Falkirk youth and are apparently up sh@t creek financially. This despite selling to owners who were supposed to take us to the next level
We had the blueprint for sucess but lost it due to a hasty sellout and downright ego mania
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 18:45]

We didn't mun, be realistic. We've always had to sell players or buy them cheap and get lucky.

You couldn't expect this luck to go on forever. Not for a club the miniscule size of us.

What we achieved was beyond belief and whilst we were run very well and within budget this was never going to be sustainable for many years in the big league. Every contract extension meant an extra £1m on the wage bill FFS.

I hate to say this as I like you as a poster, but it's attitudes like this that's all wrong with our fans. The sense of entitlement and arrogance we're showing is world's apart from our thoughts when we first made it to this league.

Our history is more on par with Northampton not Newcastle.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:25 - Jan 24 with 1487 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nope.WAG have seen to it that almost all big Private Sector, Public Sector, Health and Third Sector jobs are in Cardiff.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:28 - Jan 24 with 1484 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 14:31 - Jan 24 by LeonWasGod

It's true. We're punching well above our weight, and HJ deserves a lot of credit for that. Even when he screws up (which has been happening increasingly often) he somehow manages to salvage things. Possibly those mistakes are coming home to roost, but it won't be a massive surprise as nobody gave us a chance 7 years ago. If and when we go down it will have been a great journey.

But the performance of our sellouts isn't really the problem is it? I can see why they are loathed after the way they've behaved.

'Performances of the sell outs' IS 'really the problem'?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:42 - Jan 24 with 1465 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 15:15 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

PP,

90% of the club's owners are pumping in millions upon millions every year to subsidise their clubs.

Others, like ManU's Yanks, are putting the club in huge amounts of debt, but it's debt that they can easily service because they're a massive club with huge profits.

You might be surprised how much the likes of Stoke's owner or Bournemouth's owner are adding to balance the books every season - it's incredible.

The question we have to ask ourselves is - do we want the club to be straddled with debt that would could only sustain if we were in the PL? If the answer's no, then we have to spend within our means or look for another owner who's got so much money that he/she doesn't mind losing £100m or so.

BUT, it would help a lot if Jenkins stopped blowing the bigger money on signings like Clucas, Baston, Sanches, Mesa, etc. It's one thing to take a punt on players that are worth £5m but we can't afford to spend the best part of £50m of signings that don't have a big impact.

Who's caused our problems? That's easy - we should only have sold to owners who genuinely could have taken us to the next level, without straddling us with debt.

Man Utd are part of the 'big boy' group so comparisons there are irrelevant imho.
I would be very surprised however if the owners of Stoke and Bournemouth are going to pump millions in for no return. All clubs like ours can generally do is stand still in a league where the few have the lion's share of the wealth.
They could pump it in as loans and that will eventually leave them a shell of a club with massive debt when said owners buggers off.
We proved that was not the only way forward. Buying hungry unknown continental players who could become essential to the squad for years or be sold on for a profit was the way forward. Rangel led the way there.
That plan is out the window as we do not have a recruitment team or scouting network of any note. Jenkins was much better a picking managers than he was players. The money lost in transfer and paying off managers has gone a significant to adding to our problems, and possibly creating the financial problems that you and the Res are suggesting we have.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:55 - Jan 24 with 1456 viewsPrivate_Partz

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:20 - Jan 24 by TheResurrection

We didn't mun, be realistic. We've always had to sell players or buy them cheap and get lucky.

You couldn't expect this luck to go on forever. Not for a club the miniscule size of us.

What we achieved was beyond belief and whilst we were run very well and within budget this was never going to be sustainable for many years in the big league. Every contract extension meant an extra £1m on the wage bill FFS.

I hate to say this as I like you as a poster, but it's attitudes like this that's all wrong with our fans. The sense of entitlement and arrogance we're showing is world's apart from our thoughts when we first made it to this league.

Our history is more on par with Northampton not Newcastle.

I don't do dislike you either but people like you with your small town thinking is what is holding us back. Plus making exscuse for the complete clusterfeck that has gone on since ML was sacked.
A top notch scouting network pulling players can work. Why not? Much better than just chucking money at players who played well against us in one game, bringing back players who have left the club, or relying on Falkirk Youth.
There is no sense of entitlement here. I just feel we can compete with teams in 'our league' . Btw Jenkins did not like that term and called ML out in the press for using it.
If we had a manger with worldwide contacts, and said top notch scouting network supporting him,then you would not hear a peep from me if we ran out if luck and the conveyor belt went wrong.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:20 - Jan 24 with 1425 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 18:42 - Jan 24 by Private_Partz

Man Utd are part of the 'big boy' group so comparisons there are irrelevant imho.
I would be very surprised however if the owners of Stoke and Bournemouth are going to pump millions in for no return. All clubs like ours can generally do is stand still in a league where the few have the lion's share of the wealth.
They could pump it in as loans and that will eventually leave them a shell of a club with massive debt when said owners buggers off.
We proved that was not the only way forward. Buying hungry unknown continental players who could become essential to the squad for years or be sold on for a profit was the way forward. Rangel led the way there.
That plan is out the window as we do not have a recruitment team or scouting network of any note. Jenkins was much better a picking managers than he was players. The money lost in transfer and paying off managers has gone a significant to adding to our problems, and possibly creating the financial problems that you and the Res are suggesting we have.

Stoke are owned by Peter Coates who owns BET365. He's a massive Stoke fan and my mate's godfather. If he sells Stoke, he'll sell it with no debt. He's personally put in about £100m since he bought the club but he's worth £1.2b so he can afford it.

Maxim Demin at Bournemouth put in £25m before they even had their promotion season! They bought their way up, although this hardly gets mentioned as it's overshadowed by the talk of their small stadium.

Leicester's owner is worth £1.5b so £100m is nothing to him and Southampton's majority owner, Gao Jisheng (80%), is worth about £1.5b whilst Katharina Liebherr (20%) is worth even more (about £2b).

Mike Ashley might not splash the cash too much, but he's worth around £4b.

West Brom's owner, Guochuan Lai, is worth about £2b, but that's not a lot compared to the owner of Wolves who's worth an estimated £5 billion!!!!

Even TOny Bloom at Brighton's worth almost £2b.

If we had got owners like most of those, who'll put money in pretty blindly (although not too recklessly) but won't build debt, I think we'd be in a totally different position now. I'm absolutely sure of it.

We're tiny fish swimming in a tank full of big fat sharks - it's just lucky that they're not hungry sharks as they'd eat us for breakfast. We've survived by selling the likes of Joe Allen, Bony, Ash, Ben/Vorm, Gylfi and Shelvey - that's a total of £120m to cover costs of wages, etc. We've NEEDED to do that but other clubs haven't.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:30 - Jan 24 with 1408 viewsjack247

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:20 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

Stoke are owned by Peter Coates who owns BET365. He's a massive Stoke fan and my mate's godfather. If he sells Stoke, he'll sell it with no debt. He's personally put in about £100m since he bought the club but he's worth £1.2b so he can afford it.

Maxim Demin at Bournemouth put in £25m before they even had their promotion season! They bought their way up, although this hardly gets mentioned as it's overshadowed by the talk of their small stadium.

Leicester's owner is worth £1.5b so £100m is nothing to him and Southampton's majority owner, Gao Jisheng (80%), is worth about £1.5b whilst Katharina Liebherr (20%) is worth even more (about £2b).

West Brom's owner, Guochuan Lai, is worth about £2b, but that's not a lot compared to the owner of Wolves who's worth an estimated £5 billion!!!!

If we had got owners like most of those, who'll put money in pretty blindly (although not too recklessly) but won't build debt, I think we'd be in a totally different position now. I'm absolutely sure of it.

We're tiny fish swimming in a tank full of big fat sharks - it's just lucky that they're not hungry sharks as they'd eat us for breakfast. We've survived by selling the likes of Joe Allen, Bony, Ash, Ben/Vorm, Gylfi and Shelvey - that's a total of £120m to cover costs of wages, etc. We've NEEDED to do that but other clubs haven't.

All of this certainly implies these investors are out there. OK, Coates at Stoke and Bloom at Brighton, but I don’t think any of the others are local boys done good.

Which begs the question, what on earth were the devious toads doing selling to a hedge fund?
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:33 - Jan 24 with 1399 viewsdobjack2

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:20 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

We have bought poorly and made poor managerial decisions as well and that is why we are where we are.

A manager who gets the best out of the players and players that fit that style and we would be ok.

But our recruitment has not been good enough and for a stepping stone club - hoping to buy cheap and sell the odd one high - that is fatal.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:34 - Jan 24 with 1397 viewsLoyal

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:30 - Jan 24 by jack247

All of this certainly implies these investors are out there. OK, Coates at Stoke and Bloom at Brighton, but I don’t think any of the others are local boys done good.

Which begs the question, what on earth were the devious toads doing selling to a hedge fund?

7 million reasons forthcoming.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:37 - Jan 24 with 1384 viewsjack247

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:34 - Jan 24 by Loyal

7 million reasons forthcoming.

Well yes, it’s pretty obvious why they sold. I don’t even begrudge it.

It’s why they couldn’t hold out for someone who would genuinely take the club to the next level that annoys me,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024