Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? 07:06 - Jan 23 with 37352 viewsbelieveinmiracles

Credit where it`s due lads
1. Who would have picked Carlos ?
2. Who would have bought Mawson for £5m ( now worth £40M plus )

Better to keep Jenkins than leave the yanks in cha
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:38 - Jan 24 with 1558 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:33 - Jan 24 by dobjack2

We have bought poorly and made poor managerial decisions as well and that is why we are where we are.

A manager who gets the best out of the players and players that fit that style and we would be ok.

But our recruitment has not been good enough and for a stepping stone club - hoping to buy cheap and sell the odd one high - that is fatal.

What about the billionaires who owned clubs like Villa, Sunderland etc who also went down? They made mistakes too.....all clubs do.

The difference when we make mistakes is that we can't just throw another £50m at the problem to solve it.

If we get the perfect manager in, he'll be off to Liverpool, Everton or bigger clubs and we'll be HOPING to make the right appointment again. That's where the risk comes in as we can't afford to pay as much as other clubs.

What's the top player salary for us is small for other clubs, and the same with managers....that's how it is.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:44 - Jan 24 with 1544 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:30 - Jan 24 by jack247

All of this certainly implies these investors are out there. OK, Coates at Stoke and Bloom at Brighton, but I don’t think any of the others are local boys done good.

Which begs the question, what on earth were the devious toads doing selling to a hedge fund?

Totally agree.

There are potential owners out there but, for one reason or another, our old Board only had one actually option (ie one offer) when they sold up.

It was the season after ML nearly got us relegated and several of the Board (the ones with little to no money to speak of) got extremely twitchy. They then (eventually) sold to Yanks 2.0 for whatever they could get.

I also think we could have got more than the club was valued at, but some of the sellers really were desperate, especially as things weren't looking great for us that Christmas.

As I've said before, part of me doesn't blame them as the sum of money they put in the banks will change the lives of their whole family forever. Not just a little windfall, but a hugely life-changing sum for their kids, grandchildren etc etc etc. As a slightly extreme example, what would YOU do if someone offered you £5m to leave Swansea and never watch the Swans again? Would you take it???

I'm not saying what they did was right for the club, but I do understand it. It still makes some of them very sneaky sh!ts though!

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:45 - Jan 24 with 1541 viewsPawelAbbott

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:20 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

Stoke are owned by Peter Coates who owns BET365. He's a massive Stoke fan and my mate's godfather. If he sells Stoke, he'll sell it with no debt. He's personally put in about £100m since he bought the club but he's worth £1.2b so he can afford it.

Maxim Demin at Bournemouth put in £25m before they even had their promotion season! They bought their way up, although this hardly gets mentioned as it's overshadowed by the talk of their small stadium.

Leicester's owner is worth £1.5b so £100m is nothing to him and Southampton's majority owner, Gao Jisheng (80%), is worth about £1.5b whilst Katharina Liebherr (20%) is worth even more (about £2b).

Mike Ashley might not splash the cash too much, but he's worth around £4b.

West Brom's owner, Guochuan Lai, is worth about £2b, but that's not a lot compared to the owner of Wolves who's worth an estimated £5 billion!!!!

Even TOny Bloom at Brighton's worth almost £2b.

If we had got owners like most of those, who'll put money in pretty blindly (although not too recklessly) but won't build debt, I think we'd be in a totally different position now. I'm absolutely sure of it.

We're tiny fish swimming in a tank full of big fat sharks - it's just lucky that they're not hungry sharks as they'd eat us for breakfast. We've survived by selling the likes of Joe Allen, Bony, Ash, Ben/Vorm, Gylfi and Shelvey - that's a total of £120m to cover costs of wages, etc. We've NEEDED to do that but other clubs haven't.

John Jay Moores, yank no 1, has serious money, close to a billion. Deemed not good enough for Swansea.
Before anyone says 'oh but other teams have turned him down', how many teams would have rejected yanks no 2??? Plenty I would imagine
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:49 - Jan 24 with 1527 viewsLoyal

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:44 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

Totally agree.

There are potential owners out there but, for one reason or another, our old Board only had one actually option (ie one offer) when they sold up.

It was the season after ML nearly got us relegated and several of the Board (the ones with little to no money to speak of) got extremely twitchy. They then (eventually) sold to Yanks 2.0 for whatever they could get.

I also think we could have got more than the club was valued at, but some of the sellers really were desperate, especially as things weren't looking great for us that Christmas.

As I've said before, part of me doesn't blame them as the sum of money they put in the banks will change the lives of their whole family forever. Not just a little windfall, but a hugely life-changing sum for their kids, grandchildren etc etc etc. As a slightly extreme example, what would YOU do if someone offered you £5m to leave Swansea and never watch the Swans again? Would you take it???

I'm not saying what they did was right for the club, but I do understand it. It still makes some of them very sneaky sh!ts though!

They sold because the trust blocked the previous move.
As soon as this was on he table they sold under the trust's noses so they could bank millions.
Simple as.
But I know you knew that.

Edit.

Had a pretty long chat with Leigh dineen on Friday.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 21:42]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:51 - Jan 24 with 1521 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:49 - Jan 24 by Loyal

As soon as this was on he table they sold under the trust's noses so they could bank millions.
Simple as.

Edit.

Not quite - they sold because they desperately wanted their "lottery win" before the club got relegated.

They sold the way they did (secretively) because they didn't want the Yanks 2.0 deal to go the same way as the Yanks 1.0 deal.

That's how I see it.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:54 - Jan 24 with 1504 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:49 - Jan 24 by Loyal

Simple as.

Edit.

Please explain how exactly the Trust blocked that move?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:57 - Jan 24 with 1490 viewsLoyal

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:54 - Jan 24 by TheResurrection

Please explain how exactly the Trust blocked that move?

By making it perfectly clear the initial approach before this bunch was made by people deemed unsatisfactory to be at our club. As you know. Blocked, disagreed, not happy, whatever .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:00 - Jan 24 with 1474 viewspencoedjack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:44 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

Totally agree.

If I was a millionaire on a decent wedge (about 250k) & a custodian of SCFC I wouldn’t sell my stake for 5 million to an American hedge fund.

Most people on a normal wage would certainly take 5 million & never watch the Swans again
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 20:03]
Login to get fewer ads

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:06 - Jan 24 with 1451 viewstheloneranger

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:00 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

If I was a millionaire on a decent wedge (about 250k) & a custodian of SCFC I wouldn’t sell my stake for 5 million to an American hedge fund.

Most people on a normal wage would certainly take 5 million & never watch the Swans again
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 20:03]

His decent wedge is over £500K a year
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 20:07]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:15 - Jan 24 with 1425 viewspencoedjack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:06 - Jan 24 by theloneranger

I think pre sale it was 250 k anyway either one i wouldn’t of sold to an American hedge fund
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:15 - Jan 24 with 1422 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:06 - Jan 24 by theloneranger

But would have been cut drastically if we got relegated. Selling without cashing out would have been HJ's worst nightmare.

He would have lost his lottery win and his huge wage...as well as all the perks that come with it, I'm sure. The fact they did no due diligence on Yanks 1.0 proved that they were desperate.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:18 - Jan 24 with 1410 viewswaynekerr55

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:15 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

But would have been cut drastically if we got relegated. Selling without cashing out would have been HJ's worst nightmare.

He would have lost his lottery win and his huge wage...as well as all the perks that come with it, I'm sure. The fact they did no due diligence on Yanks 1.0 proved that they were desperate.

Im waryof jumping in late here Mr MJ, but surely someone could have been found to give a balance of shareholders rreward and security of the club?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:20 - Jan 24 with 1408 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:15 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

I think pre sale it was 250 k anyway either one i wouldn’t of sold to an American hedge fund

I don't believe you.

The Yanks 2.0 have more money than the old Board....that's for sure. Only one of our Board had reasonable money and that was about 1/50 of most of the other club owners. Tiny in comparison.

The Yanks 2.0 are a possibly an improvement....just.....as they COULD bail us out IF THEY HAD TO if we got relegation. Our old Board can't and the banks definitely won't help either. The banks would help the Yanks though, as they can back it up.

Saying you wouldn't have sold your share for £5m is ludicrous, unless you're a very wealthy man already.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:21 - Jan 24 with 1397 viewsDr_Winston

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:18 - Jan 24 by waynekerr55

Im waryof jumping in late here Mr MJ, but surely someone could have been found to give a balance of shareholders rreward and security of the club?

Someone could, but they wouldn't have paid as much for a club with a Supporter's Trust holding a blocking stake.

Nothing was going to stop them grabbing every last penny.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:23 - Jan 24 with 1390 viewsdobjack2

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:38 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

What about the billionaires who owned clubs like Villa, Sunderland etc who also went down? They made mistakes too.....all clubs do.

The difference when we make mistakes is that we can't just throw another £50m at the problem to solve it.

If we get the perfect manager in, he'll be off to Liverpool, Everton or bigger clubs and we'll be HOPING to make the right appointment again. That's where the risk comes in as we can't afford to pay as much as other clubs.

What's the top player salary for us is small for other clubs, and the same with managers....that's how it is.

Agree with you.

That is why smart recruitment is so important for a club like us. A bad signing at £10 million plus can set us way back, having a run of them can tip us over the point of no return.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:25 - Jan 24 with 1384 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:18 - Jan 24 by waynekerr55

I'm positive that we could have found someone eventually, but we were getting closer to relegation under Laudrup and then under Monk.

Some/most of the Board were sh!tting themsevles so took the first offers they got.

Swansea won't attract some of the bigger hitters for many reasons, but one is our location. It's great being by the sea (although not if it rains almost every day!) but we're not in the easiest place to get to either. The closest airport is Card**f and it's basically 1.5 hours door to door to get to Swansea (from the moment you land).

Other areas have the midlands/Brum airports, Manchester, London airports etc so are far more accessible and attractive to foreign investors. That's not a guess, that's a fact.

Nevertheless, I'm sure we eventually would have someone who gave our old board the pay-out they so desperately wanted AND would have INVESTED heavily into the club to ensure safety and security (on and off the pitch).

The problem was, some on the old board thought their time was about to run out.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:27 - Jan 24 with 1377 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:21 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

Someone could, but they wouldn't have paid as much for a club with a Supporter's Trust holding a blocking stake.

Nothing was going to stop them grabbing every last penny.

You're right - the Yanks 2.0 (or 1.0 actually) or any serious investor would NEVER have bought the club if the Trust had 25%.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:27 - Jan 24 with 1372 viewsperchrockjack

Which begs the question,why are they no rich people in South Wales ,rich enough to move us upwards .

Terry Matthews seems just the guy

If only ...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:32 - Jan 24 with 1353 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:23 - Jan 24 by dobjack2

Agree with you.

That is why smart recruitment is so important for a club like us. A bad signing at £10 million plus can set us way back, having a run of them can tip us over the point of no return.

Which pretty much is exactly what's happened.

Selling players and replacing them with better saw us sell the likes of Danny Graham and buy the likes of Michu.

Selling players like Gylfi and Llorente for incredible money but buying Sanches, Mesa, Clucas and Bony is why we're now struggling.

It's extremely difficult for Jenkins & Co to get it right as often as they used to (because we did have a good run of getting top players/managers for decent value) and now we're seeing the luck turn. It's easy for me to name those players (above) in hindsight but most of us were happy when they signed. It's just luck working against us, as it does at times.

Other clubs have owners who'll say "sh!t, let's go and buy a few players with £50m-70m to get us out of this mess" but we can't do that, and won't until we have owners who aren't looking for a return on their investment.

It makes every single mistake a hell of a lot more costly.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:43 - Jan 24 with 1331 viewspencoedjack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:20 - Jan 24 by MoscowJack

I don't believe you.

The Yanks 2.0 have more money than the old Board....that's for sure. Only one of our Board had reasonable money and that was about 1/50 of most of the other club owners. Tiny in comparison.

The Yanks 2.0 are a possibly an improvement....just.....as they COULD bail us out IF THEY HAD TO if we got relegation. Our old Board can't and the banks definitely won't help either. The banks would help the Yanks though, as they can back it up.

Saying you wouldn't have sold your share for £5m is ludicrous, unless you're a very wealthy man already.

I couldn’t care if you believe me or not

If I was a millionaire on a healthy wage I would not of sold my stake of SCFC for 5 million to a hedge fund.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:50 - Jan 24 with 1315 viewsMoscowJack

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 20:43 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

I couldn’t care if you believe me or not

If I was a millionaire on a healthy wage I would not of sold my stake of SCFC for 5 million to a hedge fund.

Even thought you could lose that healthy wage, and any chance of it ever again, at any time?

Nah....I still think 99% of people would have taken the money.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 21:45 - Jan 24 with 1263 viewsLoyal

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:37 - Jan 24 by jack247

Well yes, it’s pretty obvious why they sold. I don’t even begrudge it.

It’s why they couldn’t hold out for someone who would genuinely take the club to the next level that annoys me,

And ensured that no matter wherever they go they will hardly ever be comfortable.

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 22:33 - Jan 24 with 1224 viewsTheResurrection

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 19:57 - Jan 24 by Loyal

By making it perfectly clear the initial approach before this bunch was made by people deemed unsatisfactory to be at our club. As you know. Blocked, disagreed, not happy, whatever .....

But they didn't block it or publicly disagree or state they weren't happy with it. They held a meeting which outlined the heads of terms and also what they (the Trust) wanted from the deal, in terms of protection for itself.

They stated they had carried out their own due diligence but kept that private, so nothing to see there, and also said that by the time the Trust meeting had come around Moor's and Noel's interest had already cooled.

Now wind on til Americans part two and they had the exact same chance to block, well at least kick up a public fuss, or state they weren't happy and disagree with the takeover.

Just like with Part One, they didn't do that for Part Two.

I've asked the Trust why they didn't play holy hell in the April of last year when they say they first heard of the new deal, publicly stating....

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THIS DEAL BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN WITHOUT OUR FULL CONSULTATION AND AS 21% SHAREHOLDERS WHO HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FROM TALKS UNTIL THIS POINT, WE WILL BE SEEKING LEGAL ADVICE TO ENSURE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Now that would've meant blocking, disagreeing or showing unhappiness.

Not what they did, not at all....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:35 - Jan 24 with 1191 viewsJacket

He did do a lot of good for this club, but note the past tense. It's all in the past, and it was all undone by the betrayal of trust in the sale of this club. The damn lot! Imagine building something that once meant the world to you up, and throwing it all in the bin just to make a quick buck. I hope he's happy with his millions, hope he thinks it was worth going from hero to be the most hated man in town. A colossal thunderc*nting cockwomble.
JENKINS - Another master stroke ? on 23:39 - Jan 24 with 1180 viewsBobby_Fischer

Weren't we in 12th they sacked Laudrup by email? Nearly relegated my arse.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 23:42]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024