Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest unbeaten run since 16:37 - Feb 11 with 7368 viewsswancity

When?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Longest unbeaten run since on 10:16 - Feb 12 with 1620 viewsPrivate_Partz

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:54 - Feb 11 by TheResurrection

But why? What do you mean exactly?

The team is 14 points from 21. Apart from half hour or so, it's the same team!!

Late window meant nothing to Carlos, not one iota. If Clement had anything about him he wouldn't have played Clucas at DM, ruined Mesa, instructed every player to be caution first and be afraid of their own shadow.

You may want to hush all that up and dress it as inexperience, but that doesn't matter. The same team is on a run of results that has proved the window, late, early, on time, never ever, meant absolutely fack all.

We always had the same back 5, we had Ki, Clucas, Carroll, Dyer, Ayew, we had them all last season apart from Clucas, never mind in August of this year.

We had the tools mate, the window, forget about it. Means zero. Carlos wasn't overly bothered if we brought anyone in in January.

You're going out of your way to make excuses for the idiot Clement and to apportion blame on Jenkins. Stop lashing out, embrace our football club.

I have already said Clem was inexperienced. I am certainly not lashing out. Also I have been as big a supporter of the managers and players as anyone.
So what you are saying now us continuous poor and late windows, changing managers and great escapes are good practice?
Also Carlos looks the biz but I think you are counting your chickens a tad too early.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 10:28]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Longest unbeaten run since on 10:23 - Feb 12 with 1611 viewsJJJack

Longest unbeaten run since on 03:29 - Feb 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

If Carvalhal had been a terrible choice, Jenkins would have received just criticism for making a bad football decision.

Conversely, calling it simply "throwing the dice" and "gambling" to avoid giving him credit for a good decision just makes it clear there is no way he can win at this point with most of our supporters, no matter what his football decisions are going forward.

Like Res said, if he shat on the trust, the supporters, or anyone else, that's a separate issue.

Excellent post. If you ask any neutral what they think of Jenkins most scratch their heads at the criticism of him. Of course it can be argued "what do they know?".
Well, what they know is - what Jenkins' performance has been like over 16yrs compared with their own Chairmen.

Unsurprisingly, when you consider the whole thing he's highly rated.

This doesn't condone his actions in whoring out our club. But as has been said - that's a completely different point.
Longest unbeaten run since on 10:28 - Feb 12 with 1596 viewsJJJack

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:54 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

And you can dress it up anyway you like to make Jenkins look great. The uncomfortable truth for you to man up to and swallow is that he picked bad managers (Monk, Clement, Bradley ) and didn't back Guidolin who was a decent enough manager with the tools to do the job.

He's got lucky this time and Carlos is providing a great environment for the players to train and work in, good psychological man management skills and great game management during matches.

We've lost ground to newly promoted clubs such as Burnley in those three to four years too. I'm not saying we'd ever consistently be top eight, top ten or top twelve but we'd have been in significantly better health than we are now if be hadn't made some calamitous managerial appointments during that period.

Absolute nonsense. You can't prove any of that. Monk had a great 1st season - 8th place. Clement - did superbly when backed in the Jan transfer window. Bradley - yeah, I'll give you that but the Americans have publicly admitted they wanted him.
I do agree Guido is/was a good manager.

But frankly the rest of your post is unbalanced subjective nonsense.
Longest unbeaten run since on 10:55 - Feb 12 with 1568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Longest unbeaten run since on 10:28 - Feb 12 by JJJack

Absolute nonsense. You can't prove any of that. Monk had a great 1st season - 8th place. Clement - did superbly when backed in the Jan transfer window. Bradley - yeah, I'll give you that but the Americans have publicly admitted they wanted him.
I do agree Guido is/was a good manager.

But frankly the rest of your post is unbalanced subjective nonsense.

In Monk Jenkins chose a manager who as a player had been a troublemaker and antagonist. Just because he was fading out as a player. He then chose to dismantle all that made us good regarding our style of play and gave us turgid hoofball in its place. 8th place papered over the cracks but when he started losing the remains of Lauudrups squad we found out his real level of ability. Subsequently so have Leeds and Boro - that is lower to mid table championship standard.

Clement did well due to a new manager bounce but even he had a very dodgy spell and apart from a very good recovery towards the end of the season would have taken us down.

Is that incorrect mate?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Longest unbeaten run since on 11:34 - Feb 12 with 1547 viewsJJJack

Longest unbeaten run since on 10:55 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

In Monk Jenkins chose a manager who as a player had been a troublemaker and antagonist. Just because he was fading out as a player. He then chose to dismantle all that made us good regarding our style of play and gave us turgid hoofball in its place. 8th place papered over the cracks but when he started losing the remains of Lauudrups squad we found out his real level of ability. Subsequently so have Leeds and Boro - that is lower to mid table championship standard.

Clement did well due to a new manager bounce but even he had a very dodgy spell and apart from a very good recovery towards the end of the season would have taken us down.

Is that incorrect mate?

In my opinion? Yes.

Why - Laudrup had obtained 38pts from his previous 38 games. He'd lost the plot to be honest. Monk galvanised the squad and then obtained our highest Prem position and gave us another way of playing (the diamond) - not as pretty on the eye but pretty effective. he then got sacked after a bad run. Bit harsh in my opinion.
He left Leeds after leading them to their best season in years (note they're doing worse this season). He brought in the likes of the that Scandavian CB, Bartley, Hernandez and Roofe. Everyone knows how difficult a job he faced - something like a dozen Managers had been punted in previous 10yrs.

Middlesboro - yep, he wasn't doing particularly well. But he did win away in his final game and was in touching distance of the play/off places.

My point is mate that Jenkins gets called "lucky" when he gets it right and useless when he makes mistakes. I think this is because of the sale of the club. There are posts on here that suggest he's "never" been a good Chairman/DoF - and that's plainly incorrect.

Frankly , Jenkins has been heroic up until 2 or 3 yrs ago and outperformed virtually every single Chairman in the U.K. Everyone in football knows this (bar many of our fans). I'd be happy to see him replaced but only if we can be assured we can get a high calibre replacement in. Do you seriously want the Yanks to be left to their own devices because that prospect terrifies me a lot more than having someone is experienced and predominantly competent (but admittedly greedy) in charge??

One final thing I'd say is - I think we're being a little unrealistic in where, as a club we can actually expect to go after 7yrs in the Prem. The only similar club that's survived as long as us currently is Stoke. And look where they are now.....
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 11:36]
Longest unbeaten run since on 12:08 - Feb 12 with 1519 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 11:34 - Feb 12 by JJJack

In my opinion? Yes.

Why - Laudrup had obtained 38pts from his previous 38 games. He'd lost the plot to be honest. Monk galvanised the squad and then obtained our highest Prem position and gave us another way of playing (the diamond) - not as pretty on the eye but pretty effective. he then got sacked after a bad run. Bit harsh in my opinion.
He left Leeds after leading them to their best season in years (note they're doing worse this season). He brought in the likes of the that Scandavian CB, Bartley, Hernandez and Roofe. Everyone knows how difficult a job he faced - something like a dozen Managers had been punted in previous 10yrs.

Middlesboro - yep, he wasn't doing particularly well. But he did win away in his final game and was in touching distance of the play/off places.

My point is mate that Jenkins gets called "lucky" when he gets it right and useless when he makes mistakes. I think this is because of the sale of the club. There are posts on here that suggest he's "never" been a good Chairman/DoF - and that's plainly incorrect.

Frankly , Jenkins has been heroic up until 2 or 3 yrs ago and outperformed virtually every single Chairman in the U.K. Everyone in football knows this (bar many of our fans). I'd be happy to see him replaced but only if we can be assured we can get a high calibre replacement in. Do you seriously want the Yanks to be left to their own devices because that prospect terrifies me a lot more than having someone is experienced and predominantly competent (but admittedly greedy) in charge??

One final thing I'd say is - I think we're being a little unrealistic in where, as a club we can actually expect to go after 7yrs in the Prem. The only similar club that's survived as long as us currently is Stoke. And look where they are now.....

A great thread, there's more and more of them now, thankfully and some excellent posts from JJJ and Tummer in particular.

Also a shame we've got to read the drunken drivel of Steve from Brynmill but every forum has its complete cocks

Also, finally we're seeing balance to the debate and its becoming more and more recognised that Jenkins can never win in some people's eyes. I mean it's so easy to make out a negative case for every single decision made.

This one I'm particularly liking though and once again the Irony police come knocking on thickos doors more often than they'll ever attempt a post that makes sense....

Monk is criticised, Clement is criticised..... Both had success..... But both only lasted a year and a half they say before getting the boot...... So a massive failure in the eyes of some.

Pray, remind me how long Laudrup lasted....???!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:23 - Feb 12 with 1504 viewsJackFish

In my opinion? Yes.

West Brom are a similar club and have been up for one season more than us, and they're bottom.
Longest unbeaten run since on 12:25 - Feb 12 with 1504 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In my opinion? Yes.

Up until three or so years ago he was fantastic. A great chairman. Then he tried to be a director of football which he's been utter f*cking garbage at. And has pulled the club from mid table to bouncing along the bottom.

If football writers in the broadsheets have noticed this why haven't you?

Oh, and by the way didn't he get the nod from Marcelino that he was available, and Koeman but interviewed neither in favour of Garry Monk?

Edit - I don't know why you're bringing Laudrups record into this but let's get things into context - 38 points from 38 games in which he had to contend with a Europa league campaign and an horrific injury list.
You have to be fair to him.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 12:43]

Login to get fewer ads

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:36 - Feb 12 with 1489 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:25 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Up until three or so years ago he was fantastic. A great chairman. Then he tried to be a director of football which he's been utter f*cking garbage at. And has pulled the club from mid table to bouncing along the bottom.

Oh, and by the way didn't he get the nod from Marcelino that he was available, and Koeman but interviewed neither in favour of Garry Monk?

Edit - I don't know why you're bringing Laudrups record into this but let's get things into context - 38 points from 38 games in which he had to contend with a Europa league campaign and an horrific injury list.

Laughable reply from someone with nothing.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 1469 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:08 - Feb 12 by TheResurrection

A great thread, there's more and more of them now, thankfully and some excellent posts from JJJ and Tummer in particular.

Also a shame we've got to read the drunken drivel of Steve from Brynmill but every forum has its complete cocks

Also, finally we're seeing balance to the debate and its becoming more and more recognised that Jenkins can never win in some people's eyes. I mean it's so easy to make out a negative case for every single decision made.

This one I'm particularly liking though and once again the Irony police come knocking on thickos doors more often than they'll ever attempt a post that makes sense....

Monk is criticised, Clement is criticised..... Both had success..... But both only lasted a year and a half they say before getting the boot...... So a massive failure in the eyes of some.

Pray, remind me how long Laudrup lasted....???!

If you're resorting to name calling and personal slurs it's you who has been drinking, not me. It also shows you've lost the argument. It's all been about me, me and more me and it's getting worse with every self congratulating thread that you make on this site.

It's clear that you are the new "Gwyn Valley Ram" and Mr Jenkins hired help. Go away.

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:49 - Feb 12 with 1467 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:36 - Feb 12 by TheResurrection

Laughable reply from someone with nothing.

I refer you to my last post. Don't bother communicating with me again.

Longest unbeaten run since on 13:15 - Feb 12 with 1439 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:48 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

If you're resorting to name calling and personal slurs it's you who has been drinking, not me. It also shows you've lost the argument. It's all been about me, me and more me and it's getting worse with every self congratulating thread that you make on this site.

It's clear that you are the new "Gwyn Valley Ram" and Mr Jenkins hired help. Go away.

It's clear you've got fack all going on in that tiny head of yours as well

You've been ruined here. Proper embarrassed for you old bean.

Longest unbeaten run since on 13:17 - Feb 12 with 1437 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 12:25 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Haha haha Laudrup is the only manager to ever have to deal with injuries.

Oh. And the Europa games, most of them were league 2 standard.

He got sacked after 18 months. How come you're not criticising Jenkins for that appointment???

Come on son...... Tell us, explain that one away........

Haha haha haha facking laughable.......!!!!!!

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:41 - Feb 12 with 1317 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Laudrup sacked
Monk sacked
Guidolin sacked
Clement sacked
Calvahal

In 5 years

Consistent stuff

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:52 - Feb 12 with 1302 viewsA_Fans_Dad

In my opinion? Yes.

He was lucky, because no one wanted to come here until CC left his club, so timing was everything.
If that hadn't happened where would be now?
Just like he was lucky with Guido who came to him and offered his services, Jenkins had never even heard of him until then, along with most of us Fans.
Longest unbeaten run since on 19:16 - Feb 12 with 1284 viewsMattG

Setting aside the share sale, my issue with Jenkins on the recruitment side, both players and managers, is that it has been (or at least appeared) so disjointed and reactive over the last few years. We were probably spoiled by the whole "Swansea Way" mantra where the decision-making was much more joined up but, for better or worse, that has shown up our more recent business in a less than positive light.

Hopefully Carvalhal will prove more than just another stop gap appointment although his employment history doesn't bode well if we're looking for stability and the start of the Swansea Way 2.0
Longest unbeaten run since on 19:41 - Feb 12 with 1266 viewsplasjack

Unbeaten runs eventually end, but if we are lucky enough to extend it for our next 4 home games we have a fighting chance of survival, and continue our P/L journey in 2018/2019.
Longest unbeaten run since on 20:09 - Feb 12 with 1244 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:52 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

He was lucky, because no one wanted to come here until CC left his club, so timing was everything.
If that hadn't happened where would be now?
Just like he was lucky with Guido who came to him and offered his services, Jenkins had never even heard of him until then, along with most of us Fans.

YES OF COURSE.

THE most EMBARRASSING rationale of ALL.

Jenkins is LUCKY when he does something right

And a disaster when he does something wrong.

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:15 - Feb 12 with 1237 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:41 - Feb 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Laudrup sacked
Monk sacked
Guidolin sacked
Clement sacked
Calvahal

In 5 years

Consistent stuff

Don't forget Bobley.

Not sure the point though; after each one was sacked, we immediately improved significantly and saved our PL status. Only exception was when BB replaced FG, and the consequence of that was that BB had the 2nd shortest reign of any permanent manager in PL history.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:17 - Feb 12 with 1231 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Longest unbeaten run since on 20:15 - Feb 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Don't forget Bobley.

Not sure the point though; after each one was sacked, we immediately improved significantly and saved our PL status. Only exception was when BB replaced FG, and the consequence of that was that BB had the 2nd shortest reign of any permanent manager in PL history.

So short I forgot him

The point being

We are a basket case of a club

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

N/A. on 01:24 - Feb 13 with 1173 viewsHuw57

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:54 - Feb 12 by Brynmill_Jack

And you can dress it up anyway you like to make Jenkins look great. The uncomfortable truth for you to man up to and swallow is that he picked bad managers (Monk, Clement, Bradley ) and didn't back Guidolin who was a decent enough manager with the tools to do the job.

He's got lucky this time and Carlos is providing a great environment for the players to train and work in, good psychological man management skills and great game management during matches.

We've lost ground to newly promoted clubs such as Burnley in those three to four years too. I'm not saying we'd ever consistently be top eight, top ten or top twelve but we'd have been in significantly better health than we are now if be hadn't made some calamitous managerial appointments during that period.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:07]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:46 - Feb 13 with 1147 viewsE20Jack

Longest unbeaten run since on 18:41 - Feb 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Laudrup sacked
Monk sacked
Guidolin sacked
Clement sacked
Calvahal

In 5 years

Consistent stuff

That is the state of play for almost all clubs. Real Madrid, Liverpool, Chelsea - take your pick. Just change the managers names obviously, and probably over a longer period - but the result and premise is the same.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Longest unbeaten run since on 07:19 - Feb 13 with 1139 viewsMattG

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:46 - Feb 13 by E20Jack

That is the state of play for almost all clubs. Real Madrid, Liverpool, Chelsea - take your pick. Just change the managers names obviously, and probably over a longer period - but the result and premise is the same.

By changing the timescale, you immediately change the premise. Changing your manager 5 times in 10 years is very different to doing it 5 times in 4 years as we have done (not counting caretakers).

The clubs you mention also work with a slightly larger budget than we do which means they can better afford to make mistakes in terms of managers without any significant impact on their player budget so a different premise again.
Longest unbeaten run since on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 1112 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 06:46 - Feb 13 by E20Jack

Exactly mate and I'm ashamed of Swans fans turning on their own football club like Tommy has here and others do regularly.

Longest unbeaten run since on 09:49 - Feb 13 with 1111 viewsTheResurrection

Longest unbeaten run since on 07:19 - Feb 13 by MattG

By changing the timescale, you immediately change the premise. Changing your manager 5 times in 10 years is very different to doing it 5 times in 4 years as we have done (not counting caretakers).

The clubs you mention also work with a slightly larger budget than we do which means they can better afford to make mistakes in terms of managers without any significant impact on their player budget so a different premise again.

There is no magic formula for managerial success FFS.

Football isn't like any other business you buzzard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024