Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread 12:55 - Apr 25 with 32409 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:40 - Apr 28 with 3435 viewsAmbergambler

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:35 - Apr 28 by legoman

Agree there is no doubt that Cahill milked the incident for all it was worth, but equally, Ayew's challenge was a bad foul and he was lucky not to have been carded imo. I believe Moss was aware of what happened but chose not to book Ayew and hence I would expect there will not be any retrospective action. But it was a foul, Lisa, of that I am sure.

I've seen much worse, fouls that cause terrible damage, this was just a badly judged bump.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:41 - Apr 28 with 3427 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:26 - Apr 28 by swan65split

The Southampton game is going to be the decider I feel.

No shit sherlock!!

But who goes into in the bottom 3 will be another decider in the relegation battle.....if its us then we go into it needing a win, not a good scenario.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:11 - Apr 28 with 3300 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:57 - Apr 28 by swan65split

whoever made that comment the other day about Moss was correct........dia ..a bloody ...bolical.

There’s only two ‘a’s In diabollical. Just saying.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:21 - Apr 28 with 3268 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:11 - Apr 28 by airedale

I was sneezing at the time
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:24 - Apr 28 with 3256 viewsswanforthemoney

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:40 - Apr 28 by theloneranger

It's a contact sport FFS.

Ki should have given Hazard a knock before they scored.

I bet you screamed for Roy Keane to be booked everytime he fouled someone??

Football isn't a contact sport. There's a lot of situations where making contact is foul play.

I stand in the North Stand

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:24 - Apr 28 with 3255 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 19:49 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

We played well and had a real go.

One win against either Bournemouth or Soton and we're probably safe. Win against Soton and Stoke and we're mathematically safe.

At Christmas we had very little chance. We now have every chance.

Oh, and ignore the silly trolls. Genuinely pathetic.

Thank God someone else appreciates what happened out there. I'll even go as far as saying I thoroughly enjoyed that. Nice to watch us believe that we belong in the PL even if ultimately we lacked the quality to hurt Chelsea. A damn sight better than watching them rip us apart and put 4 past us before half time, as has happened before.

If we go down now it won't be through a lack of effort in this match. But play like that for the next 3 games and we'll be unlucky to go down.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:28 - Apr 28 with 3241 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 18:38 - Apr 28 by RevJames

Just look towards the West Stand.

Nobody should really be at all surprised at where we are now.

Don’t involve me mate, nothing to do with me.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 3171 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:28 - Apr 28 by airedale

Don’t involve me mate, nothing to do with me.

Quite, can't be your fault as you all sleep through the games
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Apr 28 with 3148 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:24 - Apr 28 by swanforthemoney

Football isn't a contact sport. There's a lot of situations where making contact is foul play.

Definition of a contact sport...

"Contact sport, any sport in which physical contact between players is an accepted part of play, as football, boxing, or hockey. Football is a contact sport, and people are irreparably hurt while playing it."

I would say the way players are protected nowadays, football could be classed as a...

"Limited Contact Sport"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 23:38 - Apr 28 with 2951 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 20:16 - Apr 28 by londonlisa2001

The challenge on Cahill wasn't one of them.

Watch it back.

Are you saying this isn't a naughty challenge? It is in my opinion a red card.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 23:46 - Apr 28 with 2942 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 23:38 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thats not a red card. Cahill runs into him and Ayew gives him a flick off. The reason Cahill goes flying is because Ayew is running at speed and Cahill is slowing his run.

Looks worse than it was.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 00:36 - Apr 29 with 2895 viewsKerouac

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 23:38 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's a "coming together" for me.

Ayew is running after the ball, Cahill is trying to block Ayew's run for the ball, Cahill comes off worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 08:55 - Apr 29 with 2766 viewsbarry_island

I feel strangely optimistic after yesterday's performance.

Three more like that and we'll be fine. We cannot afford another Man City level performance. Let's hope we don't let Bournemouth have 80% plus possession next week.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:19 - Apr 29 with 2743 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Apr 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Some on here were happy for us to keep King permanently. It's hilarious. He'd be playing U23 football until a bottom half Championship team picked him up in the Summer if we hadn't of stepped in, yet here here is starting for us.

Not often I agree with you but this is spot on. We should most certainly not be looking to sign King permanently this summer. Simply not good enough, not even if we go down.

Huw could be thinking Ki out for free and king in for free though. We’d even save the 5m.

I know we’ve kind of been unlucky with injuries but our squad is less than paper thin anyway and severely lacking in quality. That’s not CC fault, nor was it PC or FG before. If you continually fail to adequately replace (key word is adequately) your better places after selling them you’ll edge closer to the drop. And, if you continuously offer ridiculous contract extensions to players that are clearly past then of course you’ll end up messing your wage budget up. The change management and succession planning at the club has either been completely ignored or totally ph cked up by the club. Either way it’s gross negligence and complete incompetence.

When you looked at our bench yesterday it was quite sad. Would some of those players be on the bench in the championship! As much as a legends they maybe... I’m not so sure routs, Brit’s, or even Rangel would be anywhere near a top half side in that league. Nothing against anyone of them of course they’ve all been brilliant in the past...the past.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:18 - Apr 29 with 2674 viewsShaky

Agree completely.

For me not only a straight red, but also very, very stupid. WTF is he doing having just come off the suspension for the straight red against Huddersfield?

The guy needs a good slap.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:28 - Apr 29 with 2654 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:18 - Apr 29 by Shaky

Agree completely.

For me not only a straight red, but also very, very stupid. WTF is he doing having just come off the suspension for the straight red against Huddersfield?

People seem to think you have to make the classic "two feet off he ground lunge" or punch or kick someone to get sent off.

Jordan used excessive force and endangered the safety of his opponent. That is a red card offence. It doesn't matter whether it was intentional (which I think it was) or accidental.

His saving grace will be that Moss was looking directly at it and did nothing. If he hadn't seen it we'd likely be looking at a retrospective ban.

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:32 - Apr 29 with 2652 viewsAmbergambler

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:28 - Apr 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

People seem to think you have to make the classic "two feet off he ground lunge" or punch or kick someone to get sent off.

Jordan used excessive force and endangered the safety of his opponent. That is a red card offence. It doesn't matter whether it was intentional (which I think it was) or accidental.

His saving grace will be that Moss was looking directly at it and did nothing. If he hadn't seen it we'd likely be looking at a retrospective ban.

Move on ffs.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:34 - Apr 29 with 2647 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:32 - Apr 29 by Ambergambler

Move on ffs.

If Moss says he never saw the arm we are in trouble.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:41 - Apr 29 with 2638 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:32 - Apr 29 by Ambergambler

Move on ffs.

Why? He derailed our good run of form with a hideous challenge not long ago which earned him a three game ban, now just a couple of games after coming back and makes another stupid challenge that warrants a red card and him missing the final three games of the season.

He's our only half decent attacking threat yet he may miss the three most important league matches we've ever had in this league because he can't control his temper.

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:43 - Apr 29 with 2640 viewsAmbergambler

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:34 - Apr 29 by thornabyswan

If Moss says he never saw the arm we are in trouble.

You can guarantee if it was a Chelsea player barging a Swans player, on their forum you would never see this criticism.

Get your priorities right. It's the opponent's job to be discussing whether or not Jordan deserves a retrospective ban.

With friends like Dwight and Shaky who needs enemies!
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:52 - Apr 29 with 2629 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:43 - Apr 29 by Ambergambler

You can guarantee if it was a Chelsea player barging a Swans player, on their forum you would never see this criticism.

Get your priorities right. It's the opponent's job to be discussing whether or not Jordan deserves a retrospective ban.

With friends like Dwight and Shaky who needs enemies!

I get that but the PL will look at things tomorrow hopefully no action.
But would not surprise me at all if it goes against us.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 12:47 - Apr 29 with 2594 viewscostalotta

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 11:18 - Apr 29 by Shaky

Agree completely.

his head is looking straight ahead and it looks liked His eyes are on te ball. There nothing to suggest otherwise. He glances back after the coming together. Get a grip.
The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 13:18 - Apr 29 with 2572 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 09:19 - Apr 29 by costalotta

Not often I agree with you but this is spot on. We should most certainly not be looking to sign King permanently this summer. Simply not good enough, not even if we go down.

Huw could be thinking Ki out for free and king in for free though. We’d even save the 5m.

I know we’ve kind of been unlucky with injuries but our squad is less than paper thin anyway and severely lacking in quality. That’s not CC fault, nor was it PC or FG before. If you continually fail to adequately replace (key word is adequately) your better places after selling them you’ll edge closer to the drop. And, if you continuously offer ridiculous contract extensions to players that are clearly past then of course you’ll end up messing your wage budget up. The change management and succession planning at the club has either been completely ignored or totally ph cked up by the club. Either way it’s gross negligence and complete incompetence.

When you looked at our bench yesterday it was quite sad. Would some of those players be on the bench in the championship! As much as a legends they maybe... I’m not so sure routs, Brit’s, or even Rangel would be anywhere near a top half side in that league. Nothing against anyone of them of course they’ve all been brilliant in the past...the past.

Best post I've read in a long time.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 13:34 - Apr 29 with 2563 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City FC Vs Chelsea FC Match Thread on 21:11 - Apr 28 by airedale

And only two “l”s...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024