Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's going to be a fun season 22:43 - Jun 11 with 4769 viewsthornabyswan

We will be competitive again.
Cardiff will finish bottom.
Really looking forward to it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

It's going to be a fun season on 23:50 - Jun 11 with 2905 viewsCroftyjack

Here here...I'm hoping for a fun season, some cracking away games as was an awful experience in the main last season.
be nice to renew some rivalries we created before being in the PL...for the first time In 2 seasons I'm looking forward to it.
It's going to be a fun season on 03:28 - Jun 12 with 2795 viewsGlyn1

Is it true that we got more money in last season's Premier League payment than all the teams in the Championship ... and League 1 ... and League 2 ... combined?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

It's going to be a fun season on 06:00 - Jun 12 with 2735 viewsjohnlangy

Being competitive in every game is one huge positive.
It's going to be a fun season on 06:50 - Jun 12 with 2682 viewsdobjack2

It's going to be a fun season on 06:00 - Jun 12 by johnlangy

Being competitive in every game is one huge positive.

That should be the case but let’s see the squad first before getting carried away.
It's going to be a fun season on 07:33 - Jun 12 with 2596 viewsMrSwerve

It's going to be a fun season on 03:28 - Jun 12 by Glyn1

Is it true that we got more money in last season's Premier League payment than all the teams in the Championship ... and League 1 ... and League 2 ... combined?

Can anyone confirm that?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

It's going to be a fun season on 07:37 - Jun 12 with 2585 viewsSmellyplumz

It's going to be a fun season on 06:50 - Jun 12 by dobjack2

That should be the case but let’s see the squad first before getting carried away.

Innit fking hell

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

It's going to be a fun season on 07:53 - Jun 12 with 2544 viewsmonmouth

All relegated clubs fans say this. Mostly it doesn’t exactly deliver on the golden vision.

It may be ok. PL would have been better if we’d been brave enough to reinvent ourselves the season after finishing eighth, or after Guidolin and Curtis rescued us.

I’m far more interested in this sustainable longer term vision Potter talks of, and how that and he will be supported by the club. On that basis my expectations for next year are modest.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

It's going to be a fun season on 08:21 - Jun 12 with 2459 viewsCaptain_Sham

It's going to be a fun season on 03:28 - Jun 12 by Glyn1

And look where it got us.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

It's going to be a fun season on 08:23 - Jun 12 with 2452 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its usually the people making posts like the OP that are the ones moaning when all it turns to pish.

Its just a ride.

It's going to be a fun season on 08:38 - Jun 12 with 2411 viewspencoedjack

It's going to be a fun season on 07:53 - Jun 12 by monmouth

All relegated clubs fans say this. Mostly it doesn’t exactly deliver on the golden vision.

It may be ok. PL would have been better if we’d been brave enough to reinvent ourselves the season after finishing eighth, or after Guidolin and Curtis rescued us.

I’m far more interested in this sustainable longer term vision Potter talks of, and how that and he will be supported by the club. On that basis my expectations for next year are modest.

This ^

Mid-table (maybe close to playoffs) getting back to playing some decent stuff will do me.
It's going to be a fun season on 08:43 - Jun 12 with 2390 viewsjeza739

It's going to be a fun season on 08:38 - Jun 12 by pencoedjack

This ^

Mid-table (maybe close to playoffs) getting back to playing some decent stuff will do me.

Concur
It's going to be a fun season on 08:45 - Jun 12 with 2382 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ever the optimists on here.
Can't say I am looking forward to playing in a lower league and certainly don't assume we are going to rip it up.
Also look at the three promoted teams last season. All stayed up. Cardiff are no worse than any of them. They could very well hang in there.
It is actually easier to stay in the PL now the gap has widened with the top 6 as it means you are in a very large mix of clubs fighting relegation. Not 3 or 4 as it used to be.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

It's going to be a fun season on 08:46 - Jun 12 with 2375 viewsbyron

After last seasons complete humiliation I’d leave the predictions out for a while. Look at Sunderland

Benny

It's going to be a fun season on 08:57 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewscostalotta

pfffft.

They all say it. And Potter hasn’t said anything that has not been said before. If it’s a sustainable model, which should be a given! Is what we’re after, then how realistic is it? Especially with the structure of the club and those “you know who’s” still in position?

Also, I don’t this stuff about reinventing ourselves and thinking we will be mid table, or just outside playoffs or whatever. If we’re good enough we’ll challenge. Reinventing does not guarantee anything.

Potters right about one thing though. A connection between the club, the community and fans etc is important. And if strong can help immeasurably but HJ has ran out of good will so again, how realistic is this connection at the moment?

If Potter can stir up some groundswell and is supported by a competent and willing TD /DOF we have a chance of doing something good next season. Here’s hoping!
It's going to be a fun season on 09:07 - Jun 12 with 2310 viewsTailGunner

It's going to be a fun season on 08:46 - Jun 12 by byron

After last seasons complete humiliation I’d leave the predictions out for a while. Look at Sunderland

The Splott Consise
'Complete Humiliation'
Meaning;
To be CRUISING towards safety in March, with an easy run in, only for manager to completely bottle it ending in relegation confirmed on final whistle of last game.
It's going to be a fun season on 11:20 - Jun 12 with 2180 viewsMrSwerve

I guess being in the Championship will allow him to tinker with less pressure from the board. I.e. there wont be talk of him being sacked such as when we were around the relegation zone in the PL.

If Potter gets us playing a bit nicer and we're floating around 10th then I think most would be happy. Personally I'm hoping for a playoff spot but it's far too early to tell. I think the playoffs would be our maximum this season, I'd be delighted if we could pull it off.

I think far too many are still looking at us as a big PL club, we're in a bit of a lottery of a division now. Buy well and we can succeed.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

It's going to be a fun season on 11:30 - Jun 12 with 2153 viewsLoyal

WBA and Stoke will walk through this league, the rest will be fighting for scraps.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

It's going to be a fun season on 11:34 - Jun 12 with 2128 viewsomarjack

It's going to be a fun season on 11:30 - Jun 12 by Loyal

WBA and Stoke will walk through this league, the rest will be fighting for scraps.

Stoke yes..WBA not so much.

Add to that Leeds who seem like they're willing to invest big for a push. Add to that Boro who always seem like a wild card.

Aston Villa and Derby likely to struggle a bit this time around.

Hull,Norwich,Nottingham,Reading,Sheffield Wed etc to be irrelevant as last season.

Some teams might surprise like this season. Bristol,Brentford,Preston etc..

Swansea? close to the top 6 would be my guess.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

It's going to be a fun season on 11:58 - Jun 12 with 2080 viewsAlfieMooresSon

It's going to be a fun season on 11:30 - Jun 12 by Loyal

Boro will be up there, close last year with a few additions from Pullis in the window.

Derby could go either way, they had a good squad last year, Lampard and Jody Morris can add Chelsea loans, but can they manage, all they really need to do is add a few and they should be close.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 11:59]
It's going to be a fun season on 12:01 - Jun 12 with 2067 viewsAlfieMooresSon

It's going to be a fun season on 11:34 - Jun 12 by omarjack

Add to that Leeds who seem like they're willing to invest big for a push. Add to that Boro who always seem like a wild card.

Hull,Norwich,Nottingham,Reading,Sheffield Wed etc to be irrelevant as last season.

We are in for a surprise, it's a tough division unless Potter works some magic quickly and tries to build some team spirit, we will find it hard!

Bottom half I would say, as it stands but it might look rosier by the start of the season?
It's going to be a fun season on 13:19 - Jun 12 with 1958 viewsRevJames

It's going to be a fun season on 11:34 - Jun 12 by omarjack

Considering we have no midfield, no proven goalscorers and our recruitment is abysmal, on what basis is so much optimism based?
It's going to be a fun season on 13:23 - Jun 12 with 1934 viewspencoedjack

It's going to be a fun season on 11:58 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

Boro will be up there, close last year with a few additions from Pullis in the window.

Derby could go either way, they had a good squad last year, Lampard and Jody Morris can add Chelsea loans, but can they manage, all they really need to do is add a few and they should be close.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 11:59]

If Pulis was Boro's boss at the start of the season they would have been promoted.
It's going to be a fun season on 13:24 - Jun 12 with 1918 viewsomarjack

It's going to be a fun season on 13:19 - Jun 12 by RevJames

Considering we have no midfield, no proven goalscorers and our recruitment is abysmal, on what basis is so much optimism based?

We have a midfield. They were just a bit out of their depth in the PL..Fer,Clucas,Carroll with an addition or 2 and should be a decent midfield line-up (I could be wrong though but I'm somehow hopeful)..

As for not having proven goal-scorers..It's hard to predict the future here as we all know the squad will go through a major overhaul (2 Ayews,Bony,Borja will probably all go)..But I really don't think Potter would agree to come here if he wasn't provided with a decent budget and a big say when it comes to signings.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

It's going to be a fun season on 13:24 - Jun 12 with 1927 viewsMattG

It's going to be a fun season on 08:46 - Jun 12 by byron

Shouldn't you be learning your new club song rather than wasting time on here?
It's going to be a fun season on 13:39 - Jun 12 with 1882 viewsmoonie

Plenty away matches in the north Thornaby ,for us .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024