Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148568 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 5306 viewsTheResurrection

Ryan Woods on 14:41 - Jul 31 by awayjack

Very positive at the type of players we're targeting - young, hungry with pace - and at decent values. Shows Potter not our Dopey DOF who targets expensive old, injury prone usually former players.

Woods is exactly what we need in MF and others linked add the pace, creativity and goals we need. Pretty late activity but that's not down to Potter but the mess Jenkins made of the cost base and squad in recent seasons. Still some deadwood to clear out but squad shaping well if these targets come off.

On the contrary, I'd say these targets are a nod to our old way of doing things and it's more than likely the Americans have listened, finally, to bringing back that approach.

Starting with the managerial appointment which was also, no doubt, Jenkins choice.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Ryan Woods on 15:59 - Jul 31 with 5263 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ryan Woods on 15:39 - Jul 31 by omarjack

Many people online are reporting he's going to either Leeds or Villa and now we're in the mix.

Brentford are hard to do business with. I don't think they'd sell for less than 7 m or so..and I don't think we'd want to pay it.

IF he's THAT good we shouldn't let him go to a rival. It a glaring deficiency in an otherwise very good squad. Get it done sharpish.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ryan Woods on 16:00 - Jul 31 with 5254 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 15:39 - Jul 31 by omarjack

Many people online are reporting he's going to either Leeds or Villa and now we're in the mix.

Brentford are hard to do business with. I don't think they'd sell for less than 7 m or so..and I don't think we'd want to pay it.

Someone on Brentford site reporting we had £5m bid turned down but were still in discussions because we want a quick deal.
Ryan Woods on 16:05 - Jul 31 with 5207 viewsjack247

Ryan Woods on 15:54 - Jul 31 by TheResurrection

On the contrary, I'd say these targets are a nod to our old way of doing things and it's more than likely the Americans have listened, finally, to bringing back that approach.

Starting with the managerial appointment which was also, no doubt, Jenkins choice.

That definitely looks the case. You never know how a signing is going to turn out, but these look like players brought in to suit a particular style, rather than bought then shoehorned into the team or sent out on loan when they struggle.

I’d have much less of a problem with Jenkins staying if he took a complete backseat in player recruitment. Selling these Americans aside, getting too involved in that is where he has really let himself down.
Ryan Woods on 16:09 - Jul 31 with 5168 viewsThornburyswan

Ryan Woods on 16:00 - Jul 31 by Jango

Someone on Brentford site reporting we had £5m bid turned down but were still in discussions because we want a quick deal.

Sounds like £6M + another £1M if we go back up.
Ryan Woods on 16:16 - Jul 31 with 5106 viewsforkbeard

Missing from their meet and greet with fans through "illness" tonight.

Ryan Woods on 16:17 - Jul 31 with 5099 viewsSwanjaxs

Interesting...🤔 the Brentford fans don't seem to happy with this ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ryan Woods on 16:20 - Jul 31 with 5067 viewsswitchingcode

Now talking to West Brom and Villa
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 16:22 - Jul 31 with 5043 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 16:05 - Jul 31 by jack247

That definitely looks the case. You never know how a signing is going to turn out, but these look like players brought in to suit a particular style, rather than bought then shoehorned into the team or sent out on loan when they struggle.

I’d have much less of a problem with Jenkins staying if he took a complete backseat in player recruitment. Selling these Americans aside, getting too involved in that is where he has really let himself down.

The frustrating thing is every fan down the stadium could see what type of players we’ve needed for the past few seasons but the recruitment team have just bought random crap.
Ryan Woods on 16:33 - Jul 31 with 4959 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 16:20 - Jul 31 by switchingcode

Hmmm shame.

May have been a story leaked by agent to get those two clubs moving. Hate to be pessimistic but I think he’d choose those above us, especially Villa.
Ryan Woods on 16:36 - Jul 31 with 4934 viewsSwansea93

Ryan Woods on 16:20 - Jul 31 by switchingcode

Can't see this? Got a link?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ryan Woods on 16:41 - Jul 31 with 4873 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 16:33 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

Hmmm shame.

May have been a story leaked by agent to get those two clubs moving. Hate to be pessimistic but I think he’d choose those above us, especially Villa.

He’s from Walsall apparently so I don’t think we’d stand much chance if it’s a choice between us and them.
Ryan Woods on 16:51 - Jul 31 with 4785 viewsMo_Wives

Ryan Woods on 16:16 - Jul 31 by forkbeard

Missing from their meet and greet with fans through "illness" tonight.

He's got a bad case of the 'transfer window shits'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Ryan Woods on 16:55 - Jul 31 with 4743 viewsjasper_T

Not had many minutes in their preseason. Apparently been doing the same thing a lot of our players have, moping around waiting for an offer to come in.
Ryan Woods on 17:00 - Jul 31 with 4698 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Read a couple of tweets from their fans saying he's on his way to us for £7m
Ryan Woods on 17:17 - Jul 31 with 4577 viewsjasper_T

"From what I understand he'd prefer a midlands club as it's closer to his family (him and his partner moved back to the midlands last summer after the loss of their child and he's been commuting in since then) so if they match that offer I could see him going to wither of them but from our end all I've heard is Swansea with Villa and West Brom interested but no bids from them. "
Ryan Woods on 17:47 - Jul 31 with 4348 viewssplJack

Ryan Woods on 16:33 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

Hmmm shame.

What does Alan Nixon reckon?
Ryan Woods on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 4270 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 17:17 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

"From what I understand he'd prefer a midlands club as it's closer to his family (him and his partner moved back to the midlands last summer after the loss of their child and he's been commuting in since then) so if they match that offer I could see him going to wither of them but from our end all I've heard is Swansea with Villa and West Brom interested but no bids from them. "

Where did those quotes come from?
Ryan Woods on 17:57 - Jul 31 with 4251 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 17:47 - Jul 31 by splJack

What does Alan Nixon reckon?

My good mate Al reckons we’re in for him. Hasn’t said whether we are favourites or not.
Ryan Woods on 18:46 - Jul 31 with 4029 viewsjasper_T

Ryan Woods on 17:55 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

Where did those quotes come from?

A Brentford fan.
Ryan Woods on 18:53 - Jul 31 with 3972 viewscentrestandswan

"the recruitment team have just bought random crap."

Facking better than some of the sh1t we have paid good money for, heard he is sh1t hot, random crap that is.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Ryan Woods on 19:04 - Jul 31 with 3871 viewssplJack

Ryan Woods on 17:57 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

My good mate Al reckons we’re in for him. Hasn’t said whether we are favourites or not.

Good stuff. Hopefully we manage to get him, sounds like he's just what we need in the midfield.
Ryan Woods on 19:09 - Jul 31 with 3820 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 18:53 - Jul 31 by centrestandswan

"the recruitment team have just bought random crap."

Facking better than some of the sh1t we have paid good money for, heard he is sh1t hot, random crap that is.

I was referring to seasons gone by, I’m more than happy with our signings so far this pre season.
Ryan Woods on 21:32 - Jul 31 with 3472 viewsswitchingcode

Now discussing terms with West Brom after Brentford rejectected this bid not today but 10 days ago
Ryan Woods on 21:34 - Jul 31 with 3435 viewsSwansea93

Ryan Woods on 21:32 - Jul 31 by switchingcode

Now discussing terms with West Brom after Brentford rejectected this bid not today but 10 days ago

Source?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024