Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 12:23 - Jul 31 with 148574 viewsMagic_Michu

Brentford’s local newspaper saying we’re in talks with the club over Ryan Woods. He’d be a superb signing for centre mid in my opinion.

Can you imagine him and Clucas in the centre of midfield tho!? Ginger central! 😂

Nicknamed ‘the Ginger Pirlo’ ... ‘Possessing an extensive passing range, gifting him his Pirlo nickname, Woods is constantly looking to dictate the game’s tempo.’

‘But the 24-year-old is more than just a cultured footballer. He has a steeliness that sees him dominate the middle of the park and endears him to fans.

Vocal throughout a game, Woods carries leadership qualities out on the pitch and possesses a clear vision of what he expects from his team-mates, making him the archetypal ‘captain without the armband’.

With the ability to both drive forward with the ball and battle for possession, it’s this dynamism that makes him the lynchpin of Smith’s side.

Woods’ all-round game also lends itself to versatility, too, having played in both full-back positions, as well as out wide on occasion.’
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:27]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 12:27 - Jul 31 with 30722 viewsEU5Makaveli

Sky sports now reporting it too
Ryan Woods on 12:28 - Jul 31 with 30704 viewsMagic_Michu

Sound like the holding midfielder we’re desperate for.. he won’t be cheap tho. They’re talking around £6 million... I guess with the Mason money this would be a good reinvestment.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Ryan Woods on 12:30 - Jul 31 with 30685 viewsandypitt56

Mr Potter wants Ron weasly to join him at swansea

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/11455244/swansea-interested-in-deal
Ryan Woods on 12:32 - Jul 31 with 30662 viewsdjdancarter

Great pass and shot on him..
Ryan Woods on 12:41 - Jul 31 with 30525 viewsKGriz16

Here we go, here comes the feel good factor! Bring on Saturday
Ryan Woods on 12:42 - Jul 31 with 30497 viewsandypitt56

Bids been rejected apparently just on transfer centre on sky sports
Ryan Woods on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 30454 viewsKGriz16

Ryan Woods on 12:42 - Jul 31 by andypitt56

It's our initial bid, we'll get our man. Just testing the waters with an opening bid to proceed negotiations. Would posters finally be happy with our rumored transfers all coming in?

McKay, McKenna, Nmecha, Cellina, Osoro and Gavea.

Would be more than happy and so positive for the season ahead! Brilliant window, and the club would deserve praise for the window too, despite business being completed late...

Bring on the Championship!
Ryan Woods on 12:48 - Jul 31 with 30379 viewspencoedjack

Now this signing would be a great one
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 30140 viewsjack247

I don’t know anything about Ryan Woods myself, but reading the OP, he sounds exactly the type of player we need.

If he can dictate tempo and is a battler with a bit of steel about him, he could just be what we need to bring out the best in the flair players we have signed/are signing. Anything else, like passing range and ability to drive forward is a bonus.

I’d be happy if we just signed a dog in midfield, if this happens and he lives up to his write up, he could be the most important signing we make.
Ryan Woods on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 30022 viewsjasper_T

Are they under any pressure to sell one of their best players to a league rival this close to the start of the season?
Ryan Woods on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 30018 viewsherbie

He sounds an ideal signing for us to take Leon's old role.

I beelive WBA also interested him and he is from the West Midlands so might be tempted. We need to get this done,

Here is a short report on his qualities:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5068083/THE-SECRET-SCOUT-Brent
Ryan Woods on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 29984 viewsKrisP

Ryan Woods on 12:45 - Jul 31 by KGriz16

It's our initial bid, we'll get our man. Just testing the waters with an opening bid to proceed negotiations. Would posters finally be happy with our rumored transfers all coming in?

Would be more than happy and so positive for the season ahead! Brilliant window, and the club would deserve praise for the window too, despite business being completed late...

Happy? Here?
Ryan Woods on 13:15 - Jul 31 with 29888 viewsandypitt56

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118159&page=175

majority of brentford fans seem to be gutted he is leaving, others are hoping that they get a decent fee for him. Sounds like he has been their best player for the last couple of seasons.
Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 29888 viewsdobjack2

Seems to be exactly what we need in front of the back 4 from all write ups.

This could be an indication of how far we can go.
Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 29880 viewsTom1912

Not familiar with this lad but from what I've read he sounds exactly what we need.

If we can add him and McKenna to Celina, McKay and Nmacha I'd be relatively happy.
Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 29871 viewsSWANSEYE

Bid turned down flat !!!
Ryan Woods on 13:35 - Jul 31 with 29666 viewsWarwickHunt

Ginger is the new dreadlocks.
Ryan Woods on 14:01 - Jul 31 with 29374 viewsSwanjaxs

Ryan Woods on 13:16 - Jul 31 by SWANSEYE

Bid turned down flat !!!

First offers usually are though in fairness

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ryan Woods on 14:41 - Jul 31 with 29111 viewsawayjack

Ryan Woods on 12:45 - Jul 31 by KGriz16

Very positive at the type of players we're targeting - young, hungry with pace - and at decent values. Shows Potter not our Dopey DOF who targets expensive old, injury prone usually former players.

Woods is exactly what we need in MF and others linked add the pace, creativity and goals we need. Pretty late activity but that's not down to Potter but the mess Jenkins made of the cost base and squad in recent seasons. Still some deadwood to clear out but squad shaping well if these targets come off.
Ryan Woods on 14:43 - Jul 31 with 29069 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 13:08 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

Are they under any pressure to sell one of their best players to a league rival this close to the start of the season?

Nope. Couple of yers left to run on his contract. As you say, one of their best players if not the best. Considered one of the better CMs in the division. He won't be cheap.
Ryan Woods on 14:52 - Jul 31 with 28990 viewskarnataka

Ryan Woods on 12:42 - Jul 31 by andypitt56

Who were the bids they rejected from?
Ryan Woods on 15:04 - Jul 31 with 28893 viewsbluey_the_blue

Been a few rumours we may be in for him if Grujic loan falls flat.

I'd prefer Woods to Grujic anyday personally.
Ryan Woods on 15:10 - Jul 31 with 28812 views34dfgdf54

This one could down to the line on deadline day.

Exciting stuff.
Ryan Woods on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 28652 viewsJango

Ryan Woods on 15:04 - Jul 31 by bluey_the_blue

Been a few rumours we may be in for him if Grujic loan falls flat.

I'd prefer Woods to Grujic anyday personally.

No point in him signing for a team that Bypass’s the midfield.
Ryan Woods on 15:39 - Jul 31 with 28576 viewsomarjack

Many people online are reporting he's going to either Leeds or Villa and now we're in the mix.

Brentford are hard to do business with. I don't think they'd sell for less than 7 m or so..and I don't think we'd want to pay it.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024