Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is what happens with kids ... 17:01 - Nov 3 with 6357 viewsLoyal

And when your being restricted in the transfer market.
We have what we have, stay in with these kids, quit this nonsense slagging off players every week, be decisive in your criticism but why so hateful. Give them development in your feedback.

Direct it at the board, they are the reason. These local young kids and other cast offs are a credit to our shirt, leave it out.

Fck the board.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This is what happens with kids ... on 07:26 - Nov 4 with 947 viewsE20_

This is what happens with kids ... on 07:04 - Nov 4 by jackal

The youngsters are doing a great job, Better than I for one could have predicted.

But you must have some experienced ones to help them along.

Like Naughton, VDH, Olsson and Fer?

With Bony, Dyer and Routledge training with them everyday?
This is what happens with kids ... on 07:30 - Nov 4 with 953 viewsjackal

This is what happens with kids ... on 07:26 - Nov 4 by E20_

Like Naughton, VDH, Olsson and Fer?

With Bony, Dyer and Routledge training with them everyday?

Fer. Bony, Dyer Routledge aren't fit and are not playing.

Fer when he does play makes a massive difference when he comes on and proves it.

We've been through this before, but a couple more would make all the difference. That is not an insult to the kids who've done brilliantly.
This is what happens with kids ... on 07:37 - Nov 4 with 932 viewsE20_

This is what happens with kids ... on 07:30 - Nov 4 by jackal

Fer. Bony, Dyer Routledge aren't fit and are not playing.

Fer when he does play makes a massive difference when he comes on and proves it.

We've been through this before, but a couple more would make all the difference. That is not an insult to the kids who've done brilliantly.

If Bony was playing then it means McBurnie wouldnt be, McBurnie would learn far more being on the pitch. They learn from these players in training everyday.

Fer makes a difference because he is an excellent player, not solely because he is experienced. If you wanted to buy a Fer in today’s market you are probably looking north of £8m. We can’t afford to bring in your Leroy Fers of this world.

Any club in the world can always make a case for “a few more players” but we have what we felt we could afford. We weren’t going to be throwing money around on people just because they were old.

We have a talented squad with a good mix of youth and experience and a very limited budget thanks to them being very wise and not throwing away money in the hope we go up with all the risks that come with it not paying off.

As it stands we have a very good side, and exciting style of play and aren’t putting ourselves in the danger zone of going bust if we continue to cut our cloth accordingly. Still more cuts needed of course with income decreasing again next year.

Everybody deserves praise for this season, creating divides for the hell of it is just silly.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 7:40]
This is what happens with kids ... on 07:48 - Nov 4 with 930 viewsjackal

This is what happens with kids ... on 07:37 - Nov 4 by E20_

If Bony was playing then it means McBurnie wouldnt be, McBurnie would learn far more being on the pitch. They learn from these players in training everyday.

Fer makes a difference because he is an excellent player, not solely because he is experienced. If you wanted to buy a Fer in today’s market you are probably looking north of £8m. We can’t afford to bring in your Leroy Fers of this world.

Any club in the world can always make a case for “a few more players” but we have what we felt we could afford. We weren’t going to be throwing money around on people just because they were old.

We have a talented squad with a good mix of youth and experience and a very limited budget thanks to them being very wise and not throwing away money in the hope we go up with all the risks that come with it not paying off.

As it stands we have a very good side, and exciting style of play and aren’t putting ourselves in the danger zone of going bust if we continue to cut our cloth accordingly. Still more cuts needed of course with income decreasing again next year.

Everybody deserves praise for this season, creating divides for the hell of it is just silly.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 7:40]

You don't think that Bony is actually going to be playing for us regularly again?

We've already got Fer. So no need to get another.

Olsson and Naughton are excellent Championship players but not natural leaders.

Without raking over old ground there must be a way of bringing in 1 or 2 players to boost the squad. Even if they are near the end of their careers and only have a couple of seasons left. The Yanks are willing to back their other team by paying for Rooney. How much is he costing?
This is what happens with kids ... on 08:59 - Nov 4 with 873 viewsjack247

This is what happens with kids ... on 01:37 - Nov 4 by E20_

My question is why does there always have to be blame?

This is sport, teams lose. We will lose more games this season and will lose hundreds more in many of our lifetimes, why are people continuously surprised and outraged by the inevitable?

We played very well and got undone by 2 penalties.

That's life.

If we had played badly then fair enough, look for the problem.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 1:48]

There’s not really any blame for individuals for me, I know people are lambasting Nordfeldt and to a lesser extent Fer, but for me profligacy was the problem yesterday and that needs to be eradicated. Being the better team and playing the better football is the hard part and that was resoundingly done.

It was the opposite of the old adage ‘pick up points when you’re playing badly’. It happened at home to Ipswich as well, so it’s not something to ignore.

If we’d been genuinely unlucky, that would be one thing, but we weren’t, we just didn’t kill them off. The positive from my point of view, is I don’t think it’s anything more than game management, that should be something that can be sorted.

Graham Potter - ‘When it’s 1-0 and you’ve been dominant, if you don’t score the second anything can happen’.
This is what happens with kids ... on 09:09 - Nov 4 with 861 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is what happens with kids ... on 08:59 - Nov 4 by jack247

There’s not really any blame for individuals for me, I know people are lambasting Nordfeldt and to a lesser extent Fer, but for me profligacy was the problem yesterday and that needs to be eradicated. Being the better team and playing the better football is the hard part and that was resoundingly done.

It was the opposite of the old adage ‘pick up points when you’re playing badly’. It happened at home to Ipswich as well, so it’s not something to ignore.

If we’d been genuinely unlucky, that would be one thing, but we weren’t, we just didn’t kill them off. The positive from my point of view, is I don’t think it’s anything more than game management, that should be something that can be sorted.

Graham Potter - ‘When it’s 1-0 and you’ve been dominant, if you don’t score the second anything can happen’.

The youngsters played superbly yesterday but GP hit the nail on the head with that last sentence. If players are "blowing out of their arses" with 25 minutes to go they have to be replaced.

Otherwise you surrender the initiative and allow lesser teams to start lumping balls into your box, and the result was there for all to see yesterday. An accident just waiting to happen.

If DJ was on the bench he could have comfortably held left back whilst Grimes could have moved into midfield with the knackered Fer coming off. Same with Mackay for James and CBR for Ollie.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This is what happens with kids ... on 09:14 - Nov 4 with 855 viewsItchySphincter

This is what happens with kids ... on 17:20 - Nov 3 by trinityann

Showboating at 1-0, we had attacking situations to go for 2nd goal and choose to be clever playing the ball around with no purpose.

Not sure why this post has received down arrows?

Shot ourselves in the foot yesterday, just like Ipswich. It happens - gotta be blind not to see we’re building something with this team though.

As for Fer, not his greatest day but we’re a better side with him in it and he’s a good influnce on the youngsters.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is what happens with kids ... on 09:24 - Nov 4 with 843 viewsjack247

This is what happens with kids ... on 09:09 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

The youngsters played superbly yesterday but GP hit the nail on the head with that last sentence. If players are "blowing out of their arses" with 25 minutes to go they have to be replaced.

Otherwise you surrender the initiative and allow lesser teams to start lumping balls into your box, and the result was there for all to see yesterday. An accident just waiting to happen.

If DJ was on the bench he could have comfortably held left back whilst Grimes could have moved into midfield with the knackered Fer coming off. Same with Mackay for James and CBR for Ollie.

I’d agree he has to take his share of the blame for not making changes. At the same time, I can see why he thought he may get away with it at 1-0 with 10 minutes left and Rotherham not really threatening.

He had McKay and Asoro on the bench. James is probably more of a threat than those two even when he’s knackered, as we saw with his assist against Reading. Agree he could have used Olsson though.
Login to get fewer ads

This is what happens with kids ... on 09:33 - Nov 4 with 829 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is what happens with kids ... on 09:24 - Nov 4 by jack247

I’d agree he has to take his share of the blame for not making changes. At the same time, I can see why he thought he may get away with it at 1-0 with 10 minutes left and Rotherham not really threatening.

He had McKay and Asoro on the bench. James is probably more of a threat than those two even when he’s knackered, as we saw with his assist against Reading. Agree he could have used Olsson though.

Was Olsson on the bench ? I thought he was injured? I think the Rotherham attack would have struggled to worry Declan John so I'd have no qualms in getting him on at left back (if he was on the bench instead of Olsson).

Whilst Dan James could create more whilst knackered than Asoro and Mackay that's not the point. I think it's easier to keep possession with fresh legs and impetus. Mackay would probably have push the millers back more and we may not have scored but we could have prevented the Rotherham recovery somewhat.

This is what happens with kids ... on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 790 viewsicecoldjack

This game was one to file under "ffs mun, couldn't make it up"

The ref ripped us off, the players mugged themselves off not finishing off chances, the manager got his subs wrong by not making changes at the right time, the goal keeper was a joke.

Just how many of those calamities line up in the next few games remains to be seen but I doubt that many will as long as the manager is smart enough to not repeat basic selection errors like nordfelt.

We were so wasteful in front of goal yet again, the only thing working in our favour is that if we'd taken the stupid thrown away points it would be drawing even more attention towards our young players, who I thought were superb once again.

My only worry is that this team really should be sitting in the top 3 with the current squad but come January and the summer it will be yet another rip up and start again squad with the likes of James,Celina,Roberts,Rodon and mcburnie being offered serious money elsewhere if we don't capitalize on what we have and gain a promotion.

I said at the start of the season that a mid table finish would be great, having seen us constantly take teams apart with some great football the frustrating thing is that potter and his team are capable of anything if they can maintain a stronger focus and finish teams off .

Bloody frustrating but the great thing with this league is that your in it all the way to the end of the season.
This is what happens with kids ... on 11:32 - Nov 4 with 777 viewsvalleyboy

This is what happens with kids ... on 11:15 - Nov 4 by icecoldjack

This game was one to file under "ffs mun, couldn't make it up"

The ref ripped us off, the players mugged themselves off not finishing off chances, the manager got his subs wrong by not making changes at the right time, the goal keeper was a joke.

Just how many of those calamities line up in the next few games remains to be seen but I doubt that many will as long as the manager is smart enough to not repeat basic selection errors like nordfelt.

We were so wasteful in front of goal yet again, the only thing working in our favour is that if we'd taken the stupid thrown away points it would be drawing even more attention towards our young players, who I thought were superb once again.

My only worry is that this team really should be sitting in the top 3 with the current squad but come January and the summer it will be yet another rip up and start again squad with the likes of James,Celina,Roberts,Rodon and mcburnie being offered serious money elsewhere if we don't capitalize on what we have and gain a promotion.

I said at the start of the season that a mid table finish would be great, having seen us constantly take teams apart with some great football the frustrating thing is that potter and his team are capable of anything if they can maintain a stronger focus and finish teams off .

Bloody frustrating but the great thing with this league is that your in it all the way to the end of the season.

So where did the ref rip Swansea off then???

What I would say is that you are the typical supporter that if his team looses a game, then it’s the referee’s fault

Rather than pushing to get the second goal they just played football amongst themselves

Swansea had more than enough chances to win that game

No game is safe at 1-0 A’s was shown yesterday
This is what happens with kids ... on 11:39 - Nov 4 with 770 viewsDarran

This is what happens with kids ... on 11:32 - Nov 4 by valleyboy

What I would say is that you are the typical supporter that if his team looses a game, then it’s the referee’s fault

Rather than pushing to get the second goal they just played football amongst themselves

What does your boy think he’s unusually quiet?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:20 - Nov 4 with 750 viewsItchySphincter

True dat.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:28 - Nov 4 with 738 viewsicecoldjack

I can give you 1 of many, Fer gets put onto a yellow card on 19 mins for supporting his team mate that was hacked down, so that's him walking the tight rope for the rest of the match.

There were loads of rough house tactics not punished, the 2 nd penalty is IMO extremely unlucky too, you never see those being given, especially so soon after another penalty.

When our players arn't protected it then makes you wonder if half the reason for passing it is because they are fwd up with being clattered .

Typical I am not, I hardly ever mention the ref, and if you read my post correctly you'd see he was just one of many reasons for us not winning, not the main reason.

Bizzare post from you there IMO.
This is what happens with kids ... on 12:34 - Nov 4 with 728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:28 - Nov 4 by icecoldjack

I can give you 1 of many, Fer gets put onto a yellow card on 19 mins for supporting his team mate that was hacked down, so that's him walking the tight rope for the rest of the match.

There were loads of rough house tactics not punished, the 2 nd penalty is IMO extremely unlucky too, you never see those being given, especially so soon after another penalty.

When our players arn't protected it then makes you wonder if half the reason for passing it is because they are fwd up with being clattered .

Typical I am not, I hardly ever mention the ref, and if you read my post correctly you'd see he was just one of many reasons for us not winning, not the main reason.

No it wasn't. He's enthusiastically argumentative. If he had a son I bet he'd be just like him............

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:35 - Nov 4 with 724 viewsjasper_T

Two of their players got yellows when Fer did, didn't they? Ref needed to get control of the game as Dan was being kicked to bits after his dive (didn't stop them, right back left one of him after every touch second half).
This is what happens with kids ... on 12:43 - Nov 4 with 713 viewsWarwickHunt

Championship a bit rough shock horror!

Only ourselves to blame. We’d have been up in arms complaining we never get those penalties ‘coz we is Welsh innit’ if it had been the other way around.

We need someone in midfield to dictate the tempo and try to kill games off. A proper goalkeeper would be nice too.
This is what happens with kids ... on 12:46 - Nov 4 with 706 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yesterday will be a harsh lesson for the team. Gotta stick the ball in the onion bag, Brian, otherwise it’ll bite you on the arse. The referee shenanigans should have been meaningless yesterday as the game should have been dead and buried by then.

Poll: Tory leader

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:50 - Nov 4 with 697 viewsLoyal

The second penalty wasn't, that's the bit ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This is what happens with kids ... on 13:05 - Nov 4 with 684 viewsicecoldjack

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:43 - Nov 4 by WarwickHunt

Championship a bit rough shock horror!

Only ourselves to blame. We’d have been up in arms complaining we never get those penalties ‘coz we is Welsh innit’ if it had been the other way around.

We need someone in midfield to dictate the tempo and try to kill games off. A proper goalkeeper would be nice too.

It's no shock, as long as it's the same for both teams.

As I said it's a combination of things that led to losing this game, all parties played a part in throwing away points.

The players
The manager
The goal keeper
The referee

One of those games where we hope lessons are now finally learnt.
This is what happens with kids ... on 13:22 - Nov 4 with 665 viewsjackrmee

This is what happens with kids ... on 00:48 - Nov 4 by majorraglan

With a little more in midfield and a tidy cutting edge an automatic place isn’t beyond the realms of possibility, if they had won the Ipswich game and yesterday both of which should have been one they would have 29 points. Norwich are the current form team with 4wins on the bounce, Swansea are capable of that, they just need to be a bit more clinical.

Our inconsistent matches is what makes me fear promotion. I hope we don't go up this year. We need to gather our thoughts and players and perfect these very good performances and make them week in week out before thinking of going back up to the prem.
We clearly haven't learned the lessons we should have from Ipswich, but hopefully we have now.
GP is doing a great job and he can easily sort this. It's nothing major and people slagging him are idiots.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

This is what happens with kids ... on 13:28 - Nov 4 with 652 viewsjackrmee

This is what happens with kids ... on 07:48 - Nov 4 by jackal

You don't think that Bony is actually going to be playing for us regularly again?

We've already got Fer. So no need to get another.

Olsson and Naughton are excellent Championship players but not natural leaders.

Without raking over old ground there must be a way of bringing in 1 or 2 players to boost the squad. Even if they are near the end of their careers and only have a couple of seasons left. The Yanks are willing to back their other team by paying for Rooney. How much is he costing?

If we do sign any players I don't think it's going to be old heads. We have experienced players here and I think GP would be happy for some cheap, hungry youngsters to add a bit more depth. We just need to put games to bed.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

This is what happens with kids ... on 14:48 - Nov 4 with 598 viewsTWGL

Yesterday’s result was disappointing but your luck evens out over a season. Incredibly fortunate to get a point in Birmingham and very lucky to come away with a win in S London.

We are where we are but the real test In from now until February as the games come thick and fast.
This is what happens with kids ... on 15:21 - Nov 4 with 571 viewsSTID2017

This is what happens with kids ... on 06:47 - Nov 4 by E20_

Isn't that what you were saying in your OP?

If you are happy with our side and think they are a credit to our club, then why are you blaming the owners? They created that team.

The reason the board are to blame is that if they had backed Potter and allowed him to sign an experienced midfielder (from Brentford perhaps? ) and an experienced striker, then Potter would have had two players on the bench he could have introduced instead of say Fee and Naughton to kill the game off

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

This is what happens with kids ... on 21:30 - Nov 4 with 484 viewsvalleyboy

This is what happens with kids ... on 12:50 - Nov 4 by Loyal

The second penalty wasn't, that's the bit ...

If your hands are in the air and the ball strikes those hands, it’s a penalty full stop

Read on another forum in where posters said exactly what you have said. But when it was explained to them and they had another looked at it again they conceded that they were wrong

That ball was going wide and there was absolutly no need for Fer to put his hands in the air

Don’t tell me that he was trying to protect his face are you

Football his coming more and more a woman’s game in the true sence of the word

Before long there will be no such thing as a strong tackle and all physical contact will be disallowed

Thank God when I was playing, Football was a mans game in all attributes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024