Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 19:58 - Dec 26 with 20900 viewslatchford

what a joke. The worst centre forward the club has ever had
McBurnie on 23:00 - Dec 26 with 2234 viewsDewi1jack

McBurnie on 21:43 - Dec 26 by Kilkennyjack

Oli is not better than Tammy.

This is why Oli has a contract at Swansea, whilst Tammy has a contract at Chelsea.

I hope this helps.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 21:45]

If I remember rightly Chavski have the biggest academy numbers of any club.
Either 500 or 700ish.

All on contracts.
Most probably more than our players are on.

So imho that's a load of old bollox and totally irrelevant.
If Tammy was worth 50k he'd be playing in the prem.

Hope this helps

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

McBurnie on 23:29 - Dec 26 with 2202 viewsangryjack

Christian MacLean by far
McBurnie on 23:35 - Dec 26 with 2194 viewsvalleyboy

McBurnie on 21:23 - Dec 26 by builthjack

We do need a goalscorer though

Yes you are right the Swans need a better front player and not one that wants to fight opposing players

It would be better if he put all his energy in playing football rather than him thinking he’s the hard man of the team and wants to fight the opposition
McBurnie on 23:49 - Dec 26 with 2179 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He tries

Finish

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

McBurnie on 01:15 - Dec 27 with 2102 viewsAngelRangelQS

McBurnie on 22:56 - Dec 26 by mahoss

As we saw in the replay.
The ball came across perfectly for him and he couldn't hit it on the left foot,had he been able to do that he would have buried it,that's why he's in the championship !

“That’s why he’s in the championship”

We are also in the championship in case you hadn’t noticed

McBurnie is 22 years old and has scored 8 goals so far this season with 3 assists. Nothing wrong with that at all. If he finishes the season with a return of 14-15 goals and a couple more assists then imo it’s a good return for a first full season at this level.

If you’re going to point fingers perhaps they need to be aimed elsewhere. Then again, he does wear his socks down low...
McBurnie on 05:22 - Dec 27 with 2061 viewsCaptain_Sham

McBurnie on 23:49 - Dec 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

He tries

Finish

"and sometimes he manages to" can be inserted safely and factually between the two lines of your post.

Its just a ride.

McBurnie on 06:41 - Dec 27 with 2035 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie on 21:43 - Dec 26 by Kilkennyjack

Oli is not better than Tammy.

This is why Oli has a contract at Swansea, whilst Tammy has a contract at Chelsea.

I hope this helps.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 21:45]

Josh Maceachran had a contract at Chelsea.

Therefor your point is null and void.

Hope this helps.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie on 10:22 - Dec 27 with 1938 viewsProfessor

Newhouse,Stewart Phillips, Mutton, Abbott........ McBurnie is not a bad player. Reminds me a bit of Steve Watkin as a hard-working front player without the killer touch. Decent enough in Championship but not an out and out goal
Machine
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 10:27 - Dec 27 with 1926 viewsLoyal

McBurnie on 21:56 - Dec 26 by Kilkennyjack

Pawel Abbott and Darryl Duffy ? 😎
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 21:59]

It makes you wonder how we scored goals back then.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

McBurnie on 12:55 - Dec 27 with 1855 viewsWhiterockin

McBurnie scores his goals in the 6 yard box. This is where he needs play to be effective. Playing him wide or deep is a waste.
McBurnie on 13:35 - Dec 27 with 1825 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 12:55 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

McBurnie scores his goals in the 6 yard box. This is where he needs play to be effective. Playing him wide or deep is a waste.

Problem is he gets bullied by big centre halves when he stays high and central. No threat running in behind so defenders don't need to give him a yard and can stay as tight as they like.

His best game was against Leeds when they played Ayling (a right back) and Berardi (a right back) against him and he could play more like an old fashioned centre forward. Doesn't get that luxury most weeks.

Needs to put on a few kilos. Ditch the Fortnite and get in the gym.
McBurnie on 13:43 - Dec 27 with 1811 viewsYossarian

McBurnie on 12:55 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

I feel sorry for him, he’s having to drop deep because our midfield are shite...and they have been for a couple of seasons now. Grimes is the only chink of light...at least he looks to play forward and tries to open teams up with some incisive passing...but he’s still got a long way to go. We dont get enough into the box when someone gets free out wide....and that includes Ollie because he’s always having to show for the ball much deeper than he should be because we can’t hold it well enough in the middle. Everyone who plays in the hole isn’t getting close enough to him to offer him an outlet. He is trying to survive on scraps and if he misses the one or two chances he gets, people are too quick to slaughter him on here. His misses are being magnified because the midfield aren’t giving him anything like the quantity or quality of service he needs. He got criticised for missing the chance when Dan James put him in...but the pass was behind him and he got held back anyway. He needs to get stronger on the ball and work on getting quicker over 10 yards....but if everyone had his work ethic and guts we’d be higher up the table for sure.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

McBurnie on 14:10 - Dec 27 with 1791 viewsTaliesin

Oli needs to move a little more when he's in the box. He's always reacting to a pass / cross rather than rather than making a move and asking the midfielder to react to him. It may be that Grimes apart our midfield lacks the quality to do that

Where's CBR gone? If nothing else he seems more likely to get onto a ball fizzing across than either Oli or the fat crippled one.
McBurnie on 14:54 - Dec 27 with 1764 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie on 06:41 - Dec 27 by ItchySphincter

Josh Maceachran had a contract at Chelsea.

Therefor your point is null and void.

Hope this helps.

Ok got it now.

Due to Josh, Chelsea sign poor players ?
And Swans sign better players ?

Give your head a wobble.
Your point makes no sense at all.

If chelsea sign you on a long term contract it has to be an indicator - at least - that you are a good player.

Beware of the Risen People

McBurnie on 15:27 - Dec 27 with 1739 viewsDewi1jack

McBurnie on 10:27 - Dec 27 by Loyal

It makes you wonder how we scored goals back then.

Luck?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

McBurnie on 16:38 - Dec 27 with 1703 viewsLoyal

McBurnie on 15:27 - Dec 27 by Dewi1jack

Luck?

😂👍 probably mate, may be a bit of that on Saturday.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

McBurnie on 17:01 - Dec 27 with 1694 viewsA_Fans_Dad

McBurnie on 14:10 - Dec 27 by Taliesin

Oli needs to move a little more when he's in the box. He's always reacting to a pass / cross rather than rather than making a move and asking the midfielder to react to him. It may be that Grimes apart our midfield lacks the quality to do that

Where's CBR gone? If nothing else he seems more likely to get onto a ball fizzing across than either Oli or the fat crippled one.

I keep asking about CBR, I have seen just one report that he was injured, but nothing official.
It is not much of a reward to be dropped when you do actually score, I feel very sorry for him.
McBurnie on 17:50 - Dec 27 with 1676 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

McBurnie on 20:26 - Dec 26 by icecoldjack

Stuffed his big goal chance today, question is this, would you have Tammy here on 50k a week or Ollie mac on 10-12k a week?

One is an England international and did absolutely fook all for 90 mins and one is a jock international who worked himself into the ground for the team and left it all on the field.

I can't fault.his effort, but like most of the team he's a young player who's still a work In progress, give him a break I say, it won't help slagging him off just accept the days of Michu,DG,Bony MK1,Ayew MK1 and Llorente are long gone.

This is what it is, support the boys and stop slagging them, they are doing their best and I applaud them for that.

I only watched the first half but I remember Abraham winning an excellent header in our box which resulted in what was an incredible chance for his team mate. Only one of the best saves we'll see all season kept the ball out.

To say Abraham did "absolutely f all" for 90mins isn't true.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

McBurnie on 17:58 - Dec 27 with 1656 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie on 17:50 - Dec 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I only watched the first half but I remember Abraham winning an excellent header in our box which resulted in what was an incredible chance for his team mate. Only one of the best saves we'll see all season kept the ball out.

He sounds like he got an easy ride due to VDH not being competitive. If your centre half isn't making the opposition CF's life difficult then he would look half tidy. In truth though Abraham is a big time Charlie who flatters to deceive .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie on 18:22 - Dec 27 with 1639 viewsicecoldjack

McBurnie on 17:50 - Dec 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So you never even watched the game through but say it isnt true tammy did fook all for 90 mins,hmmm..

If you were there you'd notice the work rate between the 2 players was night and day. Just because Tammy headed the ball 2 times near the goal it don't make him worth his 50 k a week .

If you compared the 2 players, yes he did fook all for 90 mins .

Add in the fact Tammy is 6'5" and attacking the ball thus given him even more advantage, he should be dominating, yet you van only remember 1 header, I rest my case.
McBurnie on 18:50 - Dec 27 with 1623 viewsCooperman

Stuffed his big goal chance today, question is this, would you have Tammy here on 50k a week or Ollie mac on 10-12k a week?

One is an England international and did absolutely fook all for 90 mins and one is a jock international who worked himself into the ground for the team and left it all on the field.

I can't fault.his effort, but like most of the team he's a young player who's still a work In progress, give him a break I say, it won't help slagging him off just accept the days of Michu,DG,Bony MK1,Ayew MK1 and Llorente are long gone.

This is what it is, support the boys and stop slagging them, they are doing their best and I applaud them for that.

I’ll also add the fact that he regularly found the scoresheet in a mediocre Barnsley team.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

McBurnie on 18:53 - Dec 27 with 1620 viewsBluebird

I rate him he was a good striker last season.
McBurnie on 19:05 - Dec 27 with 1615 viewsmonmouth

McBurnie on 18:22 - Dec 27 by icecoldjack

So you never even watched the game through but say it isnt true tammy did fook all for 90 mins,hmmm..

If you were there you'd notice the work rate between the 2 players was night and day. Just because Tammy headed the ball 2 times near the goal it don't make him worth his 50 k a week .

Add in the fact Tammy is 6'5" and attacking the ball thus given him even more advantage, he should be dominating, yet you van only remember 1 header, I rest my case.

I think Abraham is a mediocre championship player at best, but he didn’t do nothing. He did two things. Both headers by our defence allowing him to target 3’4” Kyle NUghton. And to be fair that’s actually two more effective things than I remember McBraveheart doing. I do remember him being too slow or slow witted to get on the end of a couple of inviting balls in the box and him totally arsing up our second best chance of the game. Another bang average championship player at best. So I’d prefer the cheaper one.

Abraham was still utter shit yesterday though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

McBurnie on 19:11 - Dec 27 with 1605 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

McBurnie on 18:22 - Dec 27 by icecoldjack

You're exactly right, I didn't watch the whole game, I watched 45 minutes. In that time I saw him create his team's best chance of the match.

After watching their goal back, I can see he dragged our centre back forward and left a huge space for his team mate to score from the cross.

That's one glorious chance he created and one excellent bit of movement, which certainly amounts to more than 'f all' and was a hell of a lot more than our striker contributed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

McBurnie on 19:29 - Dec 27 with 1590 viewsLoyal

McBurnie on 18:50 - Dec 27 by Cooperman

I’ll also add the fact that he regularly found the scoresheet in a mediocre Barnsley team.

They had an aggressive midfield and a more direct approach, suited him more I think. We certainly do take more touches than necessary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024