Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala 06:58 - Jan 22 with 46481 views34dfgdf54

edit
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 7:01]
Sala on 17:46 - Jan 24 with 3654 viewssainthelens

Sala on 17:39 - Jan 24 by Jackfath

Can you elaborate?

I wanna know how Raynor cannot compare Kevs death to Salas? Both terribly tragic. Im sure anyone who's lost a loved one to cancer will find his comment disrespectful.
Sala on 18:06 - Jan 24 with 3562 viewsraynor94

Sala on 17:46 - Jan 24 by sainthelens

I wanna know how Raynor cannot compare Kevs death to Salas? Both terribly tragic. Im sure anyone who's lost a loved one to cancer will find his comment disrespectful.

I lost my wife to cancer 12 years ago, and sadly the passing of Kevin was a very sad thing.

But in the case of Sala and the pilot it was a tragic incident where the families had no forwarning.

Sorry if you were gobsmacked, and think I was being disrespectful to cancer sufferers, but believe me I know what a cruel disease it is

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala on 18:10 - Jan 24 with 3549 viewsMrSwerve

Tragic. Absolutely the correct decision to not extend Cardiff’s transfer deadline though, and I’m surprised (well, maybe not) reading on Annis’ forum at how many of them think it’s terrible. You can’t start giving clubs dispensation like that, as shocking as the events have been.

Seems pretty likely now that both have sadly drowned.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sala on 18:15 - Jan 24 with 3527 viewssainthelens

Sala on 18:06 - Jan 24 by raynor94

I lost my wife to cancer 12 years ago, and sadly the passing of Kevin was a very sad thing.

But in the case of Sala and the pilot it was a tragic incident where the families had no forwarning.

Sorry if you were gobsmacked, and think I was being disrespectful to cancer sufferers, but believe me I know what a cruel disease it is

So sorry to hear what must have been horrendous for you. I'll end this by saying we'll agree to disagree.
Sala on 18:25 - Jan 24 with 3490 viewsraynor94

Sala on 18:15 - Jan 24 by sainthelens

So sorry to hear what must have been horrendous for you. I'll end this by saying we'll agree to disagree.

Fine by me, no problem

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala on 19:54 - Jan 24 with 3320 viewsItchySphincter

Sala on 16:59 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

& some called St Helens insensitive on this thread for asking about the insurance situation.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 20:46]

Well it's not insensitive is it, really? Lots of people will be wondering.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sala on 20:22 - Jan 24 with 3237 viewsTNT

Sala on 17:31 - Jan 24 by raynor94

100% agree JF, this has nothing to do with football, it's a tragic incident where almost certainly two human beings have perished.

No way in the world can this be compared with big Kev's passing

I think there's a lack of respect for Kev there.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Sala on 07:17 - Jan 25 with 2827 viewsbonymine

Sala on 20:54 - Jan 23 by Kinsey

Although I can’t tell what stage of flight that recording was made, the pilot seems to be on and off the throttles a bit more than I’d expect.

Seems to be sat at circa 2400 RPM, drops off in the revs, then goes into a cruise climb, then retards the throttles.

The engine pitches were similar to someone one setting up for a landing, and being a little under the glide slope.

I know this type of aircraft well having done my complex training in a piper arrow turbo.

Heartbreaking hearing what he said. Almost as if he knew something was going to happen.

Have a read of some of the posts on here by professional pilots it seems that the ‘McKay connection’ have a lot of questions to answer about this tragic but preventable accident ......

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-close-calls/617514-cardiff-city-footballer-fear

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

Sala on 07:20 - Jan 25 with 2824 viewssainthelens

Does seem unfair to call the search off after 3 days, when they are still looking for Madeleine Mcann.
Sala on 07:31 - Jan 25 with 2814 viewsbonymine

Sala on 07:17 - Jan 25 by bonymine

Have a read of some of the posts on here by professional pilots it seems that the ‘McKay connection’ have a lot of questions to answer about this tragic but preventable accident ......

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-close-calls/617514-cardiff-city-footballer-fear

This just posted on BBC as well ;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46998548

Sala on 08:18 - Jan 25 with 2754 viewsbonymine

Can’t believe the CCFC official website is still showing this on it’s Club News ....

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/five-facts-about-emiliano-sala

Sala on 09:02 - Jan 25 with 2690 viewsLord_Bony

Interesting.

The general opinion among the pilots seems to be it was a foolish undertaking to be flying a single engine aircraft over that long stretch of English Channel at night. It should have been postponed.

Seems they were flying into a snow front which caused icing on the wings. The pilot asked for permission to descend to a lower altitude. Shortly after, they disappeared off the radar 40 miles nw of Guernsey.

Could well have been icing caused loss of control of the aircraft.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sala on 09:08 - Jan 25 with 2674 viewsLord_Bony

There is now an enquiry into wether or not the pilot was properly licensed.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Sala on 09:51 - Jan 25 with 2600 viewsdickythorpe

Sala on 09:08 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

There is now an enquiry into wether or not the pilot was properly licensed.

Manslaughter ?
Sala on 10:59 - Jan 25 with 2519 viewsLord_Bony

Sala on 09:51 - Jan 25 by dickythorpe

Manslaughter ?

By whom?

Sala on 12:20 - Jan 25 with 2412 viewsdickythorpe

Sala on 10:59 - Jan 25 by Lord_Bony

By whom?

Someone has to be accountable if a pilot flew a plane without correct licence.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 12:22]
Sala on 12:34 - Jan 25 with 2383 viewssherpajacob

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46999649

Cardiff applied for an extension to the transfer window.

Correctly turned down imho. Its obviously a sensitive issue and first thoughts must be with the friends and family of the two missing men, but Cardiff have a squad to build and matches to play and their season will go on. So were they right to ask? If a newly signed player broke a leg the first morning in training or was diagnosed with cancer a week after arriving no extension would be granted. If the accident had happened outside the window they wouldn't have been granted any dispensation to sign an extra player.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 12:41]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sala on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 2293 viewsBadlands

Wholly appropriate for Nantes and Cardiff to mourn and acknowledge his death if and when it is declared.
Until then there is an uneasy limbo.
But for the rest of us?
I honestly do not see any reason for mourning on a national scale.
There is, was no connection with Swansea nor across the world of football and if we are to be involved where does It stop?
Tragedies happen many times every day and I am truly upset for those affected but I'm not going to intrude on their grief.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sala on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 2240 viewsJonathans_coat

Sala on 07:20 - Jan 25 by sainthelens

Does seem unfair to call the search off after 3 days, when they are still looking for Madeleine Mcann.

Difference being, this search ties up vital Search and Rescue assets that could potentially save lives.

Not that is any crumb of comfort to family or friends at what must be an incredibly difficult time.
Sala on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 2224 viewsFlashberryjack

Sala on 07:20 - Jan 25 by sainthelens

That's a pretty crass comparison.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sala on 14:41 - Jan 25 with 2224 viewssainthelens

Sala on 14:39 - Jan 25 by Flashberryjack

That's a pretty crass comparison.

Wasn't meant to be. Be interested in why you think so.
Sala on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 2174 viewsLeonWasGod

Sala on 13:47 - Jan 25 by Badlands

Wholly appropriate for Nantes and Cardiff to mourn and acknowledge his death if and when it is declared.
Until then there is an uneasy limbo.
But for the rest of us?
I honestly do not see any reason for mourning on a national scale.
There is, was no connection with Swansea nor across the world of football and if we are to be involved where does It stop?
Tragedies happen many times every day and I am truly upset for those affected but I'm not going to intrude on their grief.

I kind of a agree. It's a tragic event that captures the imagination because it involves a high profile (ish - I'd never heard of him before) sportsperson and because the story is a little bit different.

But on the day announced, there was also a headline on the BBC pages about a woman and two young kids found dead in a house (I can't remember where and I didn't open the link). Equally as tragic, possibly more so as two young kids were denied life. I haven't heard a single thing about that or any follow-up.

So yes, definitely double standards (probably the wrong word, ut you know what i mean).

I don't mean any disrespect by that of course, Still a tragic event for all those involved.
Sala on 15:20 - Jan 25 with 2159 viewsLeonWasGod

That's a really interesting thread. A lot of speculation of course, but very interesting hearing pilos' views. They're right - none of us non flyers would probably have the first clue what we were getting ourselves into. Although having said that, my first thought was what the heck is he doing on a little plane like that, at night and in bad weather when he could have caught a scheduled commercial flight pretty easily.
Sala on 18:06 - Jan 25 with 1980 viewsGlyn1

Sala on 20:22 - Jan 24 by TNT

I think there's a lack of respect for Kev there.

You'd be wrong.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sala on 18:10 - Jan 25 with 1971 viewsGlyn1

Sala on 14:41 - Jan 25 by sainthelens

Wasn't meant to be. Be interested in why you think so.

How about Madelaine McCann was kidnapped and is probably still alive. But nobody survives in the sea in winter for more than a couple of hours before dying of hypothermia. If they were on a liferaft it would have been located by now.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024