Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala 06:58 - Jan 22 with 46476 views34dfgdf54

edit
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 7:01]
Sala on 18:23 - Jan 23 with 4128 viewsraynor94

Sala on 17:18 - Jan 23 by 1983

Short Memories on here by some
Vile fans vile club

No need, it's a thread about a tragic incident concerning a young man and a father of three, sadly missing looking like they'll never be found.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala on 18:30 - Jan 23 with 4088 viewsSTID2017

Sala on 18:23 - Jan 23 by raynor94

No need, it's a thread about a tragic incident concerning a young man and a father of three, sadly missing looking like they'll never be found.

Agreed

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sala on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 4022 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sala on 18:23 - Jan 23 by raynor94

Seconded

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sala on 18:47 - Jan 23 with 4008 viewsthornabyswan

Sala on 18:43 - Jan 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

Seconded

I agree no need at all

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sala on 19:05 - Jan 23 with 3926 viewsJackfath

It's very disappointing to read so many of our fans have resorted to bringing in old rivalries into this tragedy. Have some dignity.

All I can see is a young man at the pinnacle of his career starting an exciting adventure. Think of his family and friends and those who watched him play week in week out. Same goes for the pilot, my thoughts are with his friends and family at this dreadful point in their lives.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sala on 19:23 - Jan 23 with 3856 viewsLoyal

Sala on 19:05 - Jan 23 by Jackfath

It's very disappointing to read so many of our fans have resorted to bringing in old rivalries into this tragedy. Have some dignity.

All I can see is a young man at the pinnacle of his career starting an exciting adventure. Think of his family and friends and those who watched him play week in week out. Same goes for the pilot, my thoughts are with his friends and family at this dreadful point in their lives.

Which can only be said so many times.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sala on 20:13 - Jan 23 with 3711 viewsdjdancarter

Just listened to his WhatsApp audio clip which is totally mental. The clip is in the link below.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11615211/emiliano-salas-audio-mess

“Hello my brothers, how are you? Boy I'm tired," he says in his message. "I was here in Nantes taking care of things, things, things, things, things.

"And it never stops, it never stops. Anyway guys I'm up in this plane and it feels like its falling to pieces. and I'm going to Cardiff, crazy, and we start tomorrow.

"Training in the afternoon guys, with my new club. Let's see what happens.

"So how's it all going with you boys, all good? If in an hour and a half you haven't heard from me, I don't know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they won't find me, but you will know. Man, I'm scared!"
Sala on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 3659 viewsdickythorpe

It's hit me today to see his dad speaking to the media. Football isn't even in my head.

Let's not forget the pilot here , it's a disaster. Tragic beyond.

As for sporting rivalries we've always known it's a minority that spoil it and take it too far.
Login to get fewer ads

Sala on 20:50 - Jan 23 with 3593 viewsAnotherJohn

Sala on 20:23 - Jan 23 by dickythorpe

It's hit me today to see his dad speaking to the media. Football isn't even in my head.

As for sporting rivalries we've always known it's a minority that spoil it and take it too far.

Before the 1960s the rivalry was more friendly. Yes, things went downhill from there, but thankfully most on here can still show some empathy. Sala seems like an ordinary guy who was living his dream - I feel for him and his family.
Sala on 20:54 - Jan 23 with 3584 viewsKinsey

Sala on 20:13 - Jan 23 by djdancarter

Just listened to his WhatsApp audio clip which is totally mental. The clip is in the link below.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11615211/emiliano-salas-audio-mess

“Hello my brothers, how are you? Boy I'm tired," he says in his message. "I was here in Nantes taking care of things, things, things, things, things.

"And it never stops, it never stops. Anyway guys I'm up in this plane and it feels like its falling to pieces. and I'm going to Cardiff, crazy, and we start tomorrow.

"Training in the afternoon guys, with my new club. Let's see what happens.

"So how's it all going with you boys, all good? If in an hour and a half you haven't heard from me, I don't know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they won't find me, but you will know. Man, I'm scared!"

Although I can’t tell what stage of flight that recording was made, the pilot seems to be on and off the throttles a bit more than I’d expect.

Seems to be sat at circa 2400 RPM, drops off in the revs, then goes into a cruise climb, then retards the throttles.

The engine pitches were similar to someone one setting up for a landing, and being a little under the glide slope.

I know this type of aircraft well having done my complex training in a piper arrow turbo.

Heartbreaking hearing what he said. Almost as if he knew something was going to happen.
Sala on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 3556 viewsGaryjack

Sala on 20:23 - Jan 23 by dickythorpe

I'm sorry, but i may have inadvertently started this by making a post that while we we're all showing the utmost respect on this site, the webmaster of one of the main Cardiff City forums, calls as "sick Jacks". I certainly had no intention of starting an inter club rivalry, but i have history with that scumbag, and he is the lowest of the low. Pure filth. The last thing he should ever do, is abuse us after what we did for his friend who was killed at Wembley.
Sala on 22:34 - Jan 23 with 3375 viewsPorthcawlswan

"they won't find me" this is frightening
Sala on 23:06 - Jan 23 with 3307 viewsTNT

Hearing the news reminded me of the tragedies we've suffered as a football club.

But take away the football, and they are life's tragedies.

Horrific for those involved, and for loved ones left behind.

It's a time for respect.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Sala on 09:29 - Jan 24 with 2957 viewsLord_Bony

The authorities will decide this morning wether or not to proceed with the search.

After today that will be it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sala on 11:21 - Jan 24 with 2788 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Great post, now is certainly not the time for rivalries, there are two people missing at sea, who may never be seen again.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 14:51]
Sala on 15:19 - Jan 24 with 2602 viewsowainglyndwr

Sala on 11:21 - Jan 24 by AlfieMooresSon

Great post, now is certainly not the time for rivalries, there are two people missing at sea, who may never be seen again.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 14:51]

Cardiff have asked the premier league to extend the transfer deadline which has been declined.
It must be hard if you have trailed a player for so long only for this situation to occur.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 15:20]
Sala on 15:26 - Jan 24 with 2582 viewssainthelens

Correct JF, but not so long ago we lost big Kev. No less a tragedy in my eyes yet we now have an 8 page thread on one who isn't our own. Call me insensitive, far from it, just think a bit of perspective needed here.
Sala on 16:09 - Jan 24 with 2491 viewsSwansea93

The search has been ended by police unfortunately.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Sala on 16:12 - Jan 24 with 2484 viewsThornburyswan

Sala on 20:54 - Jan 23 by Kinsey

Although I can’t tell what stage of flight that recording was made, the pilot seems to be on and off the throttles a bit more than I’d expect.

Seems to be sat at circa 2400 RPM, drops off in the revs, then goes into a cruise climb, then retards the throttles.

The engine pitches were similar to someone one setting up for a landing, and being a little under the glide slope.

I know this type of aircraft well having done my complex training in a piper arrow turbo.

Heartbreaking hearing what he said. Almost as if he knew something was going to happen.

Apparently his agent arrange the flight.
Sala on 16:56 - Jan 24 with 2381 viewsJonathans_coat

Sala on 16:09 - Jan 24 by Swansea93

The search has been ended by police unfortunately.

Understandable decision at this point, but must be awful for the families.
Sala on 16:59 - Jan 24 with 2364 viewspencoedjack

Sala on 15:19 - Jan 24 by owainglyndwr

Cardiff have asked the premier league to extend the transfer deadline which has been declined.
It must be hard if you have trailed a player for so long only for this situation to occur.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 15:20]

& some called St Helens insensitive on this thread for asking about the insurance situation.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 20:46]
Sala on 17:20 - Jan 24 with 2297 viewsJackfath

Sala on 15:26 - Jan 24 by sainthelens

Correct JF, but not so long ago we lost big Kev. No less a tragedy in my eyes yet we now have an 8 page thread on one who isn't our own. Call me insensitive, far from it, just think a bit of perspective needed here.

I am able to separate the two issues here. I am speaking from a humanistic point of view, which, in this instance has absolutely nothing to do with football or petty club rivalries.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Sala on 17:31 - Jan 24 with 2260 viewsraynor94

Sala on 17:20 - Jan 24 by Jackfath

I am able to separate the two issues here. I am speaking from a humanistic point of view, which, in this instance has absolutely nothing to do with football or petty club rivalries.

100% agree JF, this has nothing to do with football, it's a tragic incident where almost certainly two human beings have perished.

No way in the world can this be compared with big Kev's passing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala on 17:37 - Jan 24 with 2244 viewssainthelens

Sala on 17:31 - Jan 24 by raynor94

100% agree JF, this has nothing to do with football, it's a tragic incident where almost certainly two human beings have perished.

No way in the world can this be compared with big Kev's passing

Totally gobsmacked. HTF can you make a statement like that? Wrong on every level.
Sala on 17:39 - Jan 24 with 2230 viewsJackfath

Sala on 17:37 - Jan 24 by sainthelens

Totally gobsmacked. HTF can you make a statement like that? Wrong on every level.

Can you elaborate?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024