Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? 19:39 - Feb 3 with 4125 views34dfgdf54

Is anyone going to counter what Jenkins Mrs said earlier?

I know at the time they came out and said they agreed with it, or something along those lines, but were they front runners in the action being taken?
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:59 - Feb 3 with 1052 viewsglanmorjak

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:35 - Feb 3 by majorraglan

The performance against West Ham was abject, but I wanted him to stay.
Looking back it appears there were cliques amongst the players and that was enough, along with some patchy form to see him gone. Certainly looks like player power may have been a factor, but when you have a settled nucleus of players who’ve been at a club for a long time, unless you are someone like Alex Ferguson it may be a difficult situation. A new manager changing things may not always be appreciated. Look at Man U and the contrast between results under Mourhinio and Solskjaer.

Edit - clarification.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 21:36]

Results hadn't been very good during Laudrup's 2nd season but one of the main reasons that attributed to Laudrup being sacked was his association with his agent Tutumulu, somebody who had supplied almost all of the players the previous League Cup winning season and somebody who wanted to continue supplying players to the Swans.
This philosophy went against HJ's vision of recruitment, on the basis that should Laudrup move on, his agent would go as well, leaving the Swans with no recruitment policy.

With long serving Garry Monk having turned down a move to Bristol City and coming to an end to his playing career, and somebody in the dressing room quite happy to maintain a cosy relationship with Jenkins, Monk was in the right place at the right time to take on a caretaker role after Laudrup was sacked, and become the instigator of moving the club away from an identity forged via a style of playing.

After being installed as manager a best ever finish the following season in the PL saw Monk firmly establish himself with Jenkins but what was to envelop over the next 3/4 season as Jenkins immersed himself 100% in the player recruitment world would ultimately get the club to the position it currently holds.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:00 - Feb 3 with 1048 viewsmonmouth

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:54 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

From what I remember of the time there was no demanding he was to be sacked but Huw (Cooze) would have been involved in the discussions (indeed I remember him calling me on the night of the sacking to tell me the decision had been taken) and eps abreast of the decision

But to say he was sacked because the Trust demanded it is s stretch of the truth that I cannot see many believing

Is not as if Jenkins has stretched the truth, or made up anything, in the past though. Honest as the day is long, that boy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:07 - Feb 3 with 1007 viewshobo

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:41 - Feb 3 by Joe_bradshaw

The West Ham performance was indeed abject. We dispatched Fulham in the previous game with comfort and not long before that we won at Old Trafford.

I don’t believe for one second that we were “sleepwalking to relegation “ as appears to have become the accepted version of our situation at the time.

Laudrup was not sacked for the results on the pitch.

We had a spate of injuries at the time, and having to juggle domestic and European competitions. Our form would have improved drastically in the coming games, and I'm sure we would have dispatched Napoli too
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:08 - Feb 3 with 1007 viewsJonathans_coat

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:00 - Feb 3 by monmouth

Is not as if Jenkins has stretched the truth, or made up anything, in the past though. Honest as the day is long, that boy.

Well exactly.

Consider the source of this particular tidbit of information. Even disregarding the fact that it doesn’t make any sense, and has never even been hinted at in the years following the event, the source alone should render it unreliable information in the eyes of most sane individuals.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 22:10]
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:14 - Feb 3 with 970 viewsGaryjack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:59 - Feb 3 by glanmorjak

Results hadn't been very good during Laudrup's 2nd season but one of the main reasons that attributed to Laudrup being sacked was his association with his agent Tutumulu, somebody who had supplied almost all of the players the previous League Cup winning season and somebody who wanted to continue supplying players to the Swans.
This philosophy went against HJ's vision of recruitment, on the basis that should Laudrup move on, his agent would go as well, leaving the Swans with no recruitment policy.

With long serving Garry Monk having turned down a move to Bristol City and coming to an end to his playing career, and somebody in the dressing room quite happy to maintain a cosy relationship with Jenkins, Monk was in the right place at the right time to take on a caretaker role after Laudrup was sacked, and become the instigator of moving the club away from an identity forged via a style of playing.

After being installed as manager a best ever finish the following season in the PL saw Monk firmly establish himself with Jenkins but what was to envelop over the next 3/4 season as Jenkins immersed himself 100% in the player recruitment world would ultimately get the club to the position it currently holds.

That's how i've always seen it. Great post.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:21 - Feb 3 with 946 viewsSomethingRandom

It was a downward spiral after Laudrup got sacked. Monk didn't like the Spanish players he'd brought in and by getting rid of them and changing the style over the next 18 months ended up fighting relegation 3 years on the trot.

Jog on, Kitty...

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:21 - Feb 3 with 945 viewsDarran

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:14 - Feb 3 by Garyjack

That's how i've always seen it. Great post.

Did Monk turn down a move to Bristol City or did he get injured?

Serious question I can’t remember the timeline.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:26 - Feb 3 with 913 viewsPrivate_Partz

The West Ham performance was indeed abject. We dispatched Fulham in the previous game with comfort and not long before that we won at Old Trafford.

I don’t believe for one second that we were “sleepwalking to relegation “ as appears to have become the accepted version of our situation at the time.

100% spot on. ML did not lose interest. It boardered on constructive dismisal.
Had he stayed there would have been a clear out of players only they would have been entirely different to the lot that went and Monk would have been top of the list. Dare I say it but Leon could easily have been in that bunch as well.
I would love Curt to write a book. His version of the ML saga would be very different to the 'lost interest' theory imho. ML has always remained in contact with him and kept tabs on the club after his departure.
The undermining and eventual sacking of ML, plus the sheer arrogance and recklessness in appointing Monk, was the beginning of the end for us.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:26 - Feb 3 with 913 views34dfgdf54

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:21 - Feb 3 by Darran

I thought his back went on him.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:30 - Feb 3 with 882 viewsGaryjack

From what i remember, he was due to go the wurzels on loan but then got 'injured'.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 23:39 - Feb 3 with 798 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:59 - Feb 3 by glanmorjak

Let’s also not forget a punishing Europa League and PL schedule, a long injury list and a group of disgruntled ex players who should have been moved on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 00:50 - Feb 4 with 748 viewsUplandsJack

He faked an injury i think it was the day before he was supposed to sign for them on loan. Some story about slipping on one of his kids toys on the stairs. Actually told me himself he'd done it, as was afraid he'd never get back if he left.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 00:53 - Feb 4 with 742 viewsUplandsJack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:26 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Had he stayed there would have been a clear out of players only they would have been entirely different to the lot that went and Monk would have been top of the list. Dare I say it but Leon could easily have been in that bunch as well.
I would love Curt to write a book. His version of the ML saga would be very different to the 'lost interest' theory imho. ML has always remained in contact with him and kept tabs on the club after his departure.
The undermining and eventual sacking of ML, plus the sheer arrogance and recklessness in appointing Monk, was the beginning of the end for us.

Exactly how i hear it went / would have gone too.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 00:54 - Feb 4 with 741 viewsUplandsJack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:07 - Feb 3 by hobo

We had a spate of injuries at the time, and having to juggle domestic and European competitions. Our form would have improved drastically in the coming games, and I'm sure we would have dispatched Napoli too

This.....
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 05:30 - Feb 4 with 665 viewsicecoldjack

He officially got a back injury/spasms but allegedly told people he wasn't going anywhere and was not going to be pushed out the club he loves by Laudrup .
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 08:39 - Feb 4 with 571 viewsAnotherJohn

Agreed. Actually many of us opposed Laudrup's sacking and were worried about the way things were shaping up. One cause for concern was the negative leaks to the press from inside the camp that were appearing regularly just before the sacking. Another (which may or may not have been related) was the sense that a number of senior players whose position was under threat were actively seeking to undermine Laudrup's position. Those of us who said that got a lot of stick on this board. Some who joined in don't look so smart now.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 8:43]
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 08:51 - Feb 4 with 548 viewsWarwickHunt

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 08:39 - Feb 4 by AnotherJohn

Agreed. Actually many of us opposed Laudrup's sacking and were worried about the way things were shaping up. One cause for concern was the negative leaks to the press from inside the camp that were appearing regularly just before the sacking. Another (which may or may not have been related) was the sense that a number of senior players whose position was under threat were actively seeking to undermine Laudrup's position. Those of us who said that got a lot of stick on this board. Some who joined in don't look so smart now.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 8:43]

Spot on.

We had an “agenda” apparently, remember?
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 09:08 - Feb 4 with 523 viewsAnotherJohn

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 08:51 - Feb 4 by WarwickHunt

Spot on.

We had an “agenda” apparently, remember?

Yep, you were one of those who saw what was happening.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 09:20 - Feb 4 with 495 views34dfgdf54

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:26 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

I met Curt out in Mallorca and he had nothing but good things to say about Laudrup and how managed us and he was professionaly etc. That's why I take people who go on about the "Paris Trip" etc with a pinch of salt.

As you say, he still keeps in contact with Curt and the fella who chauffeurs the players about, can't think of his name.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 09:23 - Feb 4 with 488 viewstheloneranger

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 22:00 - Feb 3 by monmouth

Checking his nose, is proof enough!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024