Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread 19:11 - Sep 25 with 17934 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 23:20]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:36 - Sep 28 with 2531 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Very desperate.

Twaat

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:37 - Sep 28 with 2514 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 28 by longlostjack

Wasn’t their player who blatantly fouled on a yellow? Ref was crap.

Apparently so. Glad Cooper is making it known aswell
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:42 - Sep 28 with 2482 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 28 by longlostjack

Wasn’t their player who blatantly fouled on a yellow? Ref was crap.

The ref gave him his final, final warning right on half time, allowing Reading to substitute him at halftime.

Reading should have started the 2nd half with 10 men. P1ss poor ref.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Sep 28 with 2377 viewsDJack

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:06 - Sep 28 by LeonWasGod

Nope. Not even close.

Today was the first time i've seen Garrick and his touch was abysmal. Going by previous posts from others I can only assume he had an off day.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:02 - Sep 28 with 2305 viewsNotLoyal

Charlton on Weds. They beat Leeds today, who is up for a draw !

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:40 - Sep 28 with 2143 viewsDrGonzo

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:02 - Sep 28 by NotLoyal

Charlton on Weds. They beat Leeds today, who is up for a draw !

Hopefully Cooper mixes the team up a bit for Charlton. Looking a bit stale at the moment.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Sep 28 with 2108 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Sep 28 by DJack

Today was the first time i've seen Garrick and his touch was abysmal. Going by previous posts from others I can only assume he had an off day.

I’ve seen him in 3 games this season, and he’s been like that in each one. Hopefully he’ll get there, but he’s a way off a starting place. Highly rated though, so hopefully he’ll get there.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:59 - Sep 28 with 2082 viewsDJack

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Sep 28 by LeonWasGod

I’ve seen him in 3 games this season, and he’s been like that in each one. Hopefully he’ll get there, but he’s a way off a starting place. Highly rated though, so hopefully he’ll get there.

Ta.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:12 - Sep 28 with 2042 viewsmonmouth

That foul near half time was a yellow 100 times out of 100. There is no discretion for that. A clear professional foul. He should have walked.

We were our own worst enemies today though. Overplaying. Dull flicks and again far too many touches and slow passes. Give any team in the championship the ball all the time and they will hurt you. Reading looked like they'd blown it because they had no real threat at the sharp end and then...well, it was impossible to be surprised, and no one can say, second yellow, aside that they didn't deserve it. Without that second goal we were totally asking for it.

We simply must play crisper and faster football and stop taking so many touches. Celina was probably the worst at that today, but almost all of them are doing it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:12 - Sep 28 with 2042 viewsladyjack

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:53 - Sep 28 by DJack

He is a winger, a young one as well, that should tell you all you need to know.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:18 - Sep 28 with 2018 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:42 - Sep 28 by theloneranger

The ref gave him his final, final warning right on half time, allowing Reading to substitute him at halftime.

Reading should have started the 2nd half with 10 men. P1ss poor ref.

Bilbo Baggins (ref) was shite.

When their player wrapped his both hands around our player to pull him back the ref didn't have the option to give him yet another final warning, it was a professional foul, yellow card end of storey.

He should be severely reprimanded over this and not sent down a division to ref next week he should serve a ban.

That said, we only have our selves to blame for not turning Reading over today.
The first 20 mins we were all over them and scored a great goal when we actually gave Baston some service and he put it away.

But true to form we reverted to the negative side to side shite and went back into our shell.
The Reading number 14 was given the freedom of the park the second half and he ran the show.

4 games in a row now we have been the better team but not won any of the games, it's getting a concern and Cooper needs to sort it out.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:23 - Sep 28 with 1988 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:08 - Sep 28 by PozuelosSideys

Innit.. having deja vu with this fella.

Cross off his left foot today was pretty tho so maybe he can deliver it from a wide left position too. We lack pace tho. If we can get players to the byline then Borja and Surridge will clean up

Think Cooper is making the same mistake with Celina as most managers did with Gylfi by playing them in a wide position. They are ok there, but they are your most creative player. You should stick your most creative player where they get most of the ball in attacking positions. Given the likes of Ayew always comes inside, the linkup play there would be dangerous, especially as they can both thread a ball through the eye of the needle. Hopefully he works it out a bit earlier than Rodgers did with Dobbie

Celina needs to be in the no 10 slot really thought today Byers should have gone off for Garrick with Celina moving in to the middle. Beginning to wonder if Cooper doesn’t have it to spot what isn’t working
The midfield was weak today. We miss someone looking for the ball leonnalways nade himself available to the centre backs Burt Grimes doesn’t do that
Draw fair result we need work though if we want to be automatic promotion candidates

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:36 - Sep 28 with 1932 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:23 - Sep 28 by vetchonian

Celina needs to be in the no 10 slot really thought today Byers should have gone off for Garrick with Celina moving in to the middle. Beginning to wonder if Cooper doesn’t have it to spot what isn’t working
The midfield was weak today. We miss someone looking for the ball leonnalways nade himself available to the centre backs Burt Grimes doesn’t do that
Draw fair result we need work though if we want to be automatic promotion candidates

Totally agree, Celina is our Tin opener, he can't do it from out on the touchline thou.

Buyers was poor today, him and JF looked "DONALD DUCKED" in the second half, can't believe Cooper kept Buyers on when he was obviously contributing FA.

I'm also sure when we bought Ayew he was a striker. Why can't we chuck him up top with Baston, especially at home. I for one thought when Cooper decided he wanted to keep him he didn't see him out wide right.

Yes, he is quality as we all know, great assist again today but more goals required surely?
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:42 - Sep 28 with 1915 viewskarnataka

Gutted that their goal came so late but it had been coming for 15-20 minutes but it should have been a consolation not an equaliser as we really should have been at least 2 up at half time.

As for the comments about lack of width, I think Cooper likes his fullbacks to provide the width. Connor did that today and a much better & more positive game from him today than of late but although Naughton had a steady enough game, we missed Bidwell despite what some think of him. He always looks to overlap Celina and Celina always plays him in and we just didn't have that threat from the left today.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:50 - Sep 28 with 1889 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:42 - Sep 28 by karnataka

Gutted that their goal came so late but it had been coming for 15-20 minutes but it should have been a consolation not an equaliser as we really should have been at least 2 up at half time.

As for the comments about lack of width, I think Cooper likes his fullbacks to provide the width. Connor did that today and a much better & more positive game from him today than of late but although Naughton had a steady enough game, we missed Bidwell despite what some think of him. He always looks to overlap Celina and Celina always plays him in and we just didn't have that threat from the left today.

Regarding Bidwell's replacement.

I think Cooper got it wrong today by playing KN down the left, he dos;t start him ahead of CR because he can't get up and down so why did he put him in ahead of DC, he must of been injured maybe?

Another 2 valuable points thrown away, same as the 3 against Forrest and 2 Vrs Bristol City last week.

Tough one next up away to Charlton and then Stoke home next week. They were shite last night against Forrest but sods law they go and break their loosing streak against us??
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:59 - Sep 28 with 1853 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:42 - Sep 28 by karnataka

I hope Naughton isn't still on 40k a week for what he does.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 20:27 - Sep 28 with 1779 viewsmart6

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 17:24 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Nottingham Forest were quite clearly heads and shoulders above us. So were Leeds despite the result.

I's it a plane
I's it a bird
No its the return
OF the rancid turd.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 20:47 - Sep 28 with 1725 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:50 - Sep 28 by skettyparkherbert

I think Cooper got it wrong today by playing KN down the left, he dos;t start him ahead of CR because he can't get up and down so why did he put him in ahead of DC, he must of been injured maybe?

Another 2 valuable points thrown away, same as the 3 against Forrest and 2 Vrs Bristol City last week.

Tough one next up away to Charlton and then Stoke home next week. They were shite last night against Forrest but sods law they go and break their loosing streak against us??

Stoke weren’t shite last night, they could have scored a few, but florist were very clinical.

Leeds murdered Charlo today and lost. So these are two more tough games coming up. We need to get our act together now. Too patchy and lackadaisical today, but sometimes there was some breathtaking stuff and our work between the lines is getting there. Midfield balance needs work.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 20:53]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 21:23 - Sep 28 with 1644 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 20:47 - Sep 28 by monmouth

Stoke weren’t shite last night, they could have scored a few, but florist were very clinical.

Leeds murdered Charlo today and lost. So these are two more tough games coming up. We need to get our act together now. Too patchy and lackadaisical today, but sometimes there was some breathtaking stuff and our work between the lines is getting there. Midfield balance needs work.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 20:53]

Monmouth, agree with some of what you say but IMO stoke were shite against Forest last night as they were a goal up and capitulated after Forest got a goal back.

You can play all the breathtaking stuff you want and work really well between the lines but if you don't get the ball between the sticks it matters not one jot.

We need to get some proper service into Baston like we did only twice today and he scored one.
He's not going to create anything on his own, he's not got that in his locker.

Still not getting the best from Celina too.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 22:22 - Sep 28 with 1534 viewsLuther27

Think I would have given Declan John a go today tbh. Anyway....learn the lessons from today and get on with things.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 22:33 - Sep 28 with 1522 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 22:22 - Sep 28 by Luther27

Think I would have given Declan John a go today tbh. Anyway....learn the lessons from today and get on with things.

Injured I think.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 02:30 - Sep 29 with 1383 viewsdameedna

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Sep 28 by LeonWasGod

Garrick and Dyer keeping Peterson and McKay out of the squad. Peterson and Wilmot must be hoping to get a look in soon.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 09:01 - Sep 29 with 1229 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 22:33 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

Injured I think.

Correct. Cooper said so in his pre-match interview.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 09:20 - Sep 30 with 749 viewsLegend83

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 02:30 - Sep 29 by dameedna

Garrick and Dyer keeping Peterson and McKay out of the squad. Peterson and Wilmot must be hoping to get a look in soon.

Peterson disappointed me when I went to the Watford game - not because of his lack of ability, which he showed with a few nice runs down the left, but because he hid from the ball. You would think he would at least look like he wants to take his chances of game time but his attitude was a bit head-down for me.

I didn't see the Reading game but I am surprised with the comments about Grimes / Byers not showing for the ball as I thought they did that brilliantly in the cup last week.

Shame Declan John was injured as he looked good going forward too.
The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 15:10 - Sep 30 with 698 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City FC v Reading FC Match Thread on 19:50 - Sep 28 by skettyparkherbert

Didnt KN start before Roberts at Bristol City?

I wonder if you were at the game Naughton was often found in the opponents half contributing to some attackes .......check out the highlights on the club site

It wasnt the full back selections that undid us today it was the midfield and playing Clina out wide

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024