Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper out 13:36 - Dec 8 with 18647 views34dfgdf54

Awful substitutions at half time.

Losing is fine but we are pathetic. Grimes captain, Peterson off half time for Dyer, no excuses.

Back to watching Cardiff fella
Cooper out on 14:21 - Dec 11 with 1626 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper out on 13:53 - Dec 11 by TimTtam

Who would you replace Cooper with? Keep in mind that it would have to be a cheap option, as the club are still cutting costs.

Chris Hughton if we were serious about getting back up
But 2nd choice would be Gareth Ainsworth working miracles at Wycome.

But they recently rejected an approach from Barnsley.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper out on 14:37 - Dec 11 with 1598 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cooper out on 14:21 - Dec 11 by thornabyswan

Chris Hughton if we were serious about getting back up
But 2nd choice would be Gareth Ainsworth working miracles at Wycome.

But they recently rejected an approach from Barnsley.

I doubt that we would offer either a big enough salary to attract them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper out on 14:41 - Dec 11 with 1589 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper out on 14:37 - Dec 11 by Joe_bradshaw

I doubt that we would offer either a big enough salary to attract them.

Wycome cant be paying much he was recently given permission to talk to Sunderland but they appointed Phil Parkinson.

But Wycombe are fan owned have no reserve team and bought their nets on E.bay.

Good for them though good luck to them.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper out on 14:58 - Dec 11 with 1558 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper out on 15:19 - Dec 10 by vetchonian

NO NO nO no no

Britton was a disaster last time remember, Curtis will not do it again

This would be worse than leaving Cooper and Marsh in charge.

what should be happening if Cooper is the problem is Curtis and Leon giving him some coaching where with the benefit of their experience they point out things that are gong wrong and what could be changed..there is a manager in Cooper but he is stlll raw ....

Problems he has are 1 coming form an International coaching background the process there is often to concnetrate on analysing the opposition and playing a team and tactics to contain /beat that team unlike club football or the Martinez view build a side to play a certain way ( he had no plan B either but his plan A was effective as it was a shock in the lower leagues at the time) concentrate on keeping the ball and scoring goals....then maybe analyse the opposition.
He is also "under pressure" to restore the "Swansea Way" but there never was a definitive Swansea Way as under Martinnez it was entertaining I will score more goals than you football ....possesion based...SOusa tightened us defensively then Brendan mixed that blend introducing the pressing off the ball and sideways/back passing whihc rarely happened under Roberto. Laudrup came along and with the addtion of Michu and Hernandez gave us that cuo winning season ans that 45 mins......and remeber it was only 45 minutes of that football against WBA.......we never quite managed it again.
Cooper is also trying to do all of this whilst the majority of his squad know their contracts are up at the end of this season..not a great environment in which to work.

As I keep saying we are 4 points better off than this time last year Potter encountered as similar run of results this time last year too...even with all his experience..and a more rounded squad....we do miss Dan and Oli, most teams doubled up on Dan freeing space for Celina and others whilst Oli was often to be found back in midfield huinting the ball which neither Borja or Ayew do.

I am also not saying that everything is rosy in the garden but to suggest replacing Cooper with Curt and Leon would be fraught with disaster.......better first use Curt nd Leon to coachj the coach......thats what happens with rookie managers in other walks of life
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 17:49]

"As I keep saying we are 4 points better off than this time last year Potter encountered as similar run of results this time last year too...even with all his experience..and a more rounded squad....we do miss Dan and Oli, most teams doubled up on Dan freeing space for Celina and others whilst Oli was often to be found back in midfield huinting the ball which neither Borja or Ayew do. "

Except of course Dan James was not playing at the beginning of the season last year.
He didn't get a start until the 6th game and then only another 3 starts until the 23rd Oct when he became more established.

Ayew doesn't hunt the ball, are you sure about that?
Cooper out on 14:59 - Dec 11 with 1562 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 14:18 - Dec 11 by 34dfgdf54

I could see what Potter was trying to do here, I can't with Cooper that's the difference.

The same Routs who wasn't allowed to be played for a big chunk of the season due to appearance bonuses he had to waive to carry on his career?

You're right, all was not rosy last year, but it was nothing to do with the manager.

SO having read the thread I put up please explain what you could see Potter was doing (by the way I was a Potter fan and spoke up for him on that thread where i put forward the budget theory regarding a selection policy which seemed to have been right! )

He picked Routs at RB left Naughton out Ollie on the wing Carthorse Vickers leading the line,
I supported potter then but his selections a times baffled me as well as his tactics...dont forget he was always being critisced for his late substitutions or th "predictable " subs...

I m not knockin ghim here I am just trying to point out that even Potter with his experience got things wrong...so Cooper who will all know has less experience than Potter but to date has a better record to date as compared with Potter this time last year is getting pilloried...with the rose tinted view Potter this time last year had all control!!
We have 4 more points and lost less games than the same period last year.

Wehad a better performance against Fulham,Sunday was always going to be a wrecking ball and maybe Cooper had his eyes on the home games lets see what tonight and Saturday bring....remember that thread I reposted was after a shocker to Wigan at home!!! We wnt on a great run after maybe we can still do the same

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper out on 16:20 - Dec 11 with 1490 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 14:58 - Dec 11 by A_Fans_Dad

"As I keep saying we are 4 points better off than this time last year Potter encountered as similar run of results this time last year too...even with all his experience..and a more rounded squad....we do miss Dan and Oli, most teams doubled up on Dan freeing space for Celina and others whilst Oli was often to be found back in midfield huinting the ball which neither Borja or Ayew do. "

Except of course Dan James was not playing at the beginning of the season last year.
He didn't get a start until the 6th game and then only another 3 starts until the 23rd Oct when he became more established.

Ayew doesn't hunt the ball, are you sure about that?

And exactly that Dan made the difference second half of the season....game for game we are points better this season compared to last .During this period actually Dan made his first appearance in game 3 as a sub in Birmingham and Potter also had the likes of Fer, Olssen and Montero at his disposal and did use them...Olssen on his day had PL experience Fer was a seasoned pro and well Montero we all know frustrating injury prone but still a handful on his day
Ayew does work hard but in a different way to Ollie....

Cooper out on 16:53 - Dec 11 with 1453 viewskrunchykarrot

Ayew hunts lost causes taking himself out of the game, as ive said on other posts before. I will watch him again tonight as we need a win badly for team moral so i expect a big performance at home from him. So far this season he has been poor in my opinion, only playing well v Cardiff.
Cooper out on 17:27 - Dec 11 with 1426 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 14:59 - Dec 11 by vetchonian

SO having read the thread I put up please explain what you could see Potter was doing (by the way I was a Potter fan and spoke up for him on that thread where i put forward the budget theory regarding a selection policy which seemed to have been right! )

He picked Routs at RB left Naughton out Ollie on the wing Carthorse Vickers leading the line,
I supported potter then but his selections a times baffled me as well as his tactics...dont forget he was always being critisced for his late substitutions or th "predictable " subs...

I m not knockin ghim here I am just trying to point out that even Potter with his experience got things wrong...so Cooper who will all know has less experience than Potter but to date has a better record to date as compared with Potter this time last year is getting pilloried...with the rose tinted view Potter this time last year had all control!!

Wehad a better performance against Fulham,Sunday was always going to be a wrecking ball and maybe Cooper had his eyes on the home games lets see what tonight and Saturday bring....remember that thread I reposted was after a shocker to Wigan at home!!! We wnt on a great run after maybe we can still do the same

Potter made it pretty clear last season was about rebuilding.

He used different combinations, he wanted to play a possession based game which meant right and left backs were important as they are quite often the players which moves begin with. He thought it was important we had a left footed player out there who was comfortable on the ball, it worked well to start but then tailed off so he changed it up again. Last season was simply about building foundations for this year but he found out quickly him and the clubs ambitions were different so he left.

Rodon got injured and CCV kept his place, from what I recall he warranted his place aswell. Like you say results on the whole have been decent for Cooper but the performances have not and there is frightening similarities to Monk’s first full season.

Potter was far from perfect, he completely f*cked over Harries and the game against Wigan was an absolute shocker, but I had full confidence in him, I currently don’t with Cooper.

I fully want him to turn it around, my comment of “back to watching Cardiff” was a comment made when I was absolutely fuming about travelling up there to watch that sh*tshow. But at this moment I have my doubts whether he has the tools to be able to fix things, tonight will say a lot imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper out on 18:59 - Dec 11 with 1351 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Byers starting . Cooper out

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper out on 15:44 - Dec 12 with 1221 viewskrunchykarrot

Made a point of watching Ayew closely last night and he was very good, he didnt chase lost causes and his movement was excellent. We need this everytime he plays please.
Cooper out on 17:17 - Dec 12 with 1143 viewsFireboy2

Cooper out on 15:44 - Dec 12 by krunchykarrot

Made a point of watching Ayew closely last night and he was very good, he didnt chase lost causes and his movement was excellent. We need this everytime he plays please.

And thats why cooper has mentioned that he will be a target for PL clubs next month.

Bye bye andre
Cooper out on 18:12 - Dec 12 with 1097 viewsNortbankboy

Cooper out on 17:17 - Dec 12 by Fireboy2

And thats why cooper has mentioned that he will be a target for PL clubs next month.

Bye bye andre

Aye w has always been a good player and his brother and shelvey.
Is how you use them is the problem.

Cooper teams are starting to bore me.by destroying flair players
Confidence and not picking a settled team and formation.

Cooper = Clement = boring football
Cooper out on 19:34 - Dec 12 with 1052 viewsBadlands

Another Monk.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper out on 00:27 - Dec 13 with 997 viewsbonymine

Cooper out on 15:44 - Dec 12 by krunchykarrot

Ayew was a class above last night and although his efforts are highly commendable this season remember he is playing ‘in the shop window’ knowing that a PL team or another European team could come in for him in January with a decent signing on fee & wages etc or the flip side is that he’s still playing for us earning c£80k a week until his contract ends in 2021 when he can move on as a free agent !!

Win/Win !! Happy Days !!

Not a bad job if you can get it .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Cooper out on 00:45 - Dec 13 with 990 viewsPentyrchJack

Cooper out on 13:53 - Dec 11 by TimTtam

Who would you replace Cooper with? Keep in mind that it would have to be a cheap option, as the club are still cutting costs.

Corbyn

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Cooper out on 09:30 - Dec 13 with 924 viewsBadlands

Cooper out on 14:59 - Dec 11 by vetchonian

Potter worked towards us playing football again.
Now we are back to Monk style goofball because it's easier to coach - knock it around the back a bit then hoof it up to ... well someone should get close.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper out on 12:26 - Dec 13 with 868 viewsAngelRangelQS

Can anyone name one area that Cooper has improved us in?

What about one player who has improved under him?

Is there anything positive to say about him?
Cooper out on 13:13 - Dec 13 with 840 viewsjack247

Cooper out on 12:26 - Dec 13 by AngelRangelQS

Can anyone name one area that Cooper has improved us in?

What about one player who has improved under him?

Is there anything positive to say about him?

Defending set pieces.

Other than that I’m struggling.
Cooper out on 13:34 - Dec 13 with 825 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 09:30 - Dec 13 by Badlands

Potter worked towards us playing football again.
Now we are back to Monk style goofball because it's easier to coach - knock it around the back a bit then hoof it up to ... well someone should get close.

I dont get this goof ball....most of those who sit around me moan that we keep passing the ball acrsoo the back 4, or insist on playing it out form the keeper instead of a long kick.

I wasnt there on Wednesday night but of what I have seen I saw more of a passing game?

Cooper out on 18:56 - Dec 13 with 761 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 13:13 - Dec 13 by jack247

Defending set pieces.

Other than that I’m struggling.

Well done to Margetson on that.

But we wouldn’t be getting him without Cooper so fair enough.
Cooper out on 19:14 - Dec 13 with 735 viewsmonmouth

Cooper out on 13:34 - Dec 13 by vetchonian

I dont get this goof ball....most of those who sit around me moan that we keep passing the ball acrsoo the back 4, or insist on playing it out form the keeper instead of a long kick.

I wasnt there on Wednesday night but of what I have seen I saw more of a passing game?

We normally play it around until the oppo pressure us then pass it back to Woodman who hoofs the cover off it. Sometimes he’ll try and pass it to the wings but normally we are in panic bobble mode by the time it gets to him. You must have noticed? It is what every shite ‘shape’, play the percentages, ‘got his badges’, coach has done with us. Apply a shit recipe that serves up shit. I’m still hoping for more than that but I’m really not seeing it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024