Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homeless 13:37 - Dec 19 with 6711 viewsladyjack

1 in every 200 people in England are homeless.

Shocking figures and the English still voted Conservative.
Homeless on 13:40 - Dec 19 with 2524 viewsFlashberryjack

Build more houses, welcome more migrants, save the planet.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Homeless on 13:43 - Dec 19 with 2514 viewsLeonWasGod

It's about 1 in 120 in Wales

(if you take Shelter's figures that "at least 25,937 people experienced homeless across Wales in 2017/18", which is not the same as the number homeless at a single point in time, of course).
Homeless on 13:54 - Dec 19 with 2490 viewsladyjack

Homeless on 13:43 - Dec 19 by LeonWasGod

It's about 1 in 120 in Wales

(if you take Shelter's figures that "at least 25,937 people experienced homeless across Wales in 2017/18", which is not the same as the number homeless at a single point in time, of course).

Its disgraceful LeonWasGod.
Homeless on 14:11 - Dec 19 with 2459 viewsCountyJim

These figures are disgusting a real shame on our society.

I have to say mind a good proportion are voluntary homeless been offered accommodation but turned it down
Homeless on 15:16 - Dec 19 with 2416 viewsblackswan

We are heading back to the Victorian times homelessness food banks zero hour contracts
Homeless on 15:18 - Dec 19 with 2408 viewsmonmouth

Homeless on 15:16 - Dec 19 by blackswan

We are heading back to the Victorian times homelessness food banks zero hour contracts

Workhouses next. It would in Patel's manifesto.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Homeless on 15:20 - Dec 19 with 2398 viewsHighjack

Homeless on 14:11 - Dec 19 by CountyJim

These figures are disgusting a real shame on our society.

I have to say mind a good proportion are voluntary homeless been offered accommodation but turned it down

Being off their tits on spice doesn’t help either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Homeless on 15:25 - Dec 19 with 2384 viewsLohengrin

It would be quite instructive to see the figures broken down properly to see precisely who and what we’re talking about.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Homeless on 15:37 - Dec 19 with 2363 viewsFlashberryjack

Homeless on 15:25 - Dec 19 by Lohengrin

It would be quite instructive to see the figures broken down properly to see precisely who and what we’re talking about.

It would be.

Hello

Homeless on 15:45 - Dec 19 with 2348 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If only 300,000 less EU immigrants had not come to the UK no one would be homeless.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Homeless on 16:15 - Dec 19 with 2323 viewssainthelens

Homeless on 15:45 - Dec 19 by felixstowe_jack

If only 300,000 less EU immigrants had not come to the UK no one would be homeless.

This.
End of discussion.
Homeless on 16:29 - Dec 19 with 2294 viewsdickythorpe

Too many druggies having kids.
Homeless on 16:45 - Dec 19 with 2278 viewsCatullus

At the same time we have...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/11/empty-homes-england-rises-proper

isn't it disgusting that so many homes are empty while so many people are homeless.

There around 1000 homeless in Swansea (834 in November 2018 so I added a few on) and apparently 1,400 long term empty houses (again Nov 18) so we have homes available. Obviously the problem isn't a simple one with a simple answer but we have enough homes so a cure to the problem must be there somewhere.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Homeless on 16:50 - Dec 19 with 2272 viewsWhiterockin

Homeless on 16:45 - Dec 19 by Catullus

At the same time we have...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/11/empty-homes-england-rises-proper

isn't it disgusting that so many homes are empty while so many people are homeless.

There around 1000 homeless in Swansea (834 in November 2018 so I added a few on) and apparently 1,400 long term empty houses (again Nov 18) so we have homes available. Obviously the problem isn't a simple one with a simple answer but we have enough homes so a cure to the problem must be there somewhere.

I agree, but how many of the homeless actually choose to live that way and don't want a home. I'm not being insensitive, I just believe that some of the homeless would turn down a home if it were offered.
Homeless on 17:03 - Dec 19 with 2250 viewsCatullus

Homeless on 16:50 - Dec 19 by Whiterockin

I agree, but how many of the homeless actually choose to live that way and don't want a home. I'm not being insensitive, I just believe that some of the homeless would turn down a home if it were offered.

I agree with you entirely and that means there are more than enough homes for us to put people in, if they want them. From that perspective, doesn't that make the figures look even worse though?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Homeless on 17:10 - Dec 19 with 2245 viewsDarran

Homeless on 17:03 - Dec 19 by Catullus

I agree with you entirely and that means there are more than enough homes for us to put people in, if they want them. From that perspective, doesn't that make the figures look even worse though?

I was talking to someone about this earlier.
I’m not having a go at anyone or anything but in the news yesterday it was saying that they’d picked 60 immigrants/refugees up in the Channel.
Where are they going to live?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Homeless on 17:26 - Dec 19 with 2229 viewsJackfath

Boris and his cabinet will sort it all out. No doubt this situation will improve with him in charge.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Homeless on 17:36 - Dec 19 with 2214 viewsKilkennyjack

Homeless on 15:45 - Dec 19 by felixstowe_jack

Spot on mate.

Keith down the pub ,with his two GCSEs, was telling us all last night, how Roberto the neuro surgeon from Portugal had taken his job.

Don't be a moron all your life.

Beware of the Risen People

Homeless on 17:42 - Dec 19 with 2207 viewsCatullus

Homeless on 17:10 - Dec 19 by Darran

I was talking to someone about this earlier.
I’m not having a go at anyone or anything but in the news yesterday it was saying that they’d picked 60 immigrants/refugees up in the Channel.
Where are they going to live?

It's a good question, Darran. It's not just a Uk question either but complain about the EU's open border policy and you're branded a racist, yet,

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/18/europe-humanitarian-crisis

People think if they can just get here they'll be in the land of milk and honey but the reality is very much different. People with already very hard lives are risking their lives for next to nothing.

Homeless on 17:46 - Dec 19 with 2202 viewskrunchykarrot

I was told most of the asylum seekers are housed in Swansea and surrounding areas and work in Amazon. You've therefore got to ask if they can get jobs in some cases risking everything why cant local homeless do the same?
Homeless on 17:47 - Dec 19 with 2197 viewsJackfath

Homeless on 17:46 - Dec 19 by krunchykarrot

I was told most of the asylum seekers are housed in Swansea and surrounding areas and work in Amazon. You've therefore got to ask if they can get jobs in some cases risking everything why cant local homeless do the same?

Some aren't prepared to engage with agencies to help their situation.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Homeless on 17:49 - Dec 19 with 2194 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The national figure including those in temporary accommodation is according to shelter around 300,000 of a population of 67 million.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Homeless on 17:50 - Dec 19 with 2192 viewsHighjack

Homeless on 17:36 - Dec 19 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on mate.

Keith down the pub ,with his two GCSEs, was telling us all last night, how Roberto the neuro surgeon from Portugal had taken his job.

It’s not rocket science.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Homeless on 17:57 - Dec 19 with 2176 viewskrunchykarrot

So are we saying they are lazy junked up no hopers? does anyone know someone who is homeless that hasn't been helped? And while i think of it how are nurses going to food banks which is what Jez the red was spouting.
Homeless on 18:01 - Dec 19 with 2170 viewsFlashberryjack

Homeless on 17:36 - Dec 19 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on mate.

Last week a boat full of immigrant scientists, surgeons and Doctors landed in Dover, where are they going to live?

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024