Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? 16:03 - Feb 13 with 7556 viewsPacemaker

The last two games have been disappointing to say the least however you cannot fault the effort of the players even if their confidence is obviously low.

I have noticed in recent weeks a lot of negativity from some people in the stands and also on this forum. The pundits seem to think that the Swans are punching well above their weight and are 3 points better off than this time late year despite having an inferior squad.

Is the negativity on here and in some sections of the stands uncalled for?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 21:27 - Feb 13 with 1467 viewsWAFU

COOPER OUT
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 21:38 - Feb 13 with 1443 viewsFireboy2

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 19:58 - Feb 13 by blackpooljack

He wasn't wrong my friend. What made it worse for me was I didn't watch it live I was watching my daugther at the theatre and had to avoid the score til i got round to my bro's house to watch it " as live " at 10 o'clock my nephew must have been pìssing himself leaving me to enjoy 90 mins of that 'kin dross its 2 hrs of my life i'll never get back.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 20:06]

Fool you, you should have known the script
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 22:03 - Feb 13 with 1428 viewsunion_jack

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:06 - Feb 13 by Darran

If you think Planetswans is negative you want to see Twitter.

Or indeed any other football forum anywhere in the world.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 04:45 - Feb 14 with 1320 viewsWhiterockin

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:54 - Feb 13 by Dewi1jack

Trouble is our squad has a very young average age just over 25 yrs old.
It only gets that high because of the 5 players over 30 we have
Yes, if they're old enough they're good enough stands, but I'm sure at one point in the QPR game our average age hit about 20-21 yrs old on the pitch.
Really not enough experience alongside of the young 'uns.

If Cooper can only bring in kids through his contacts in the game, then we're royally screwed.
Needs a couple of older heads in.
Plenty of free agents out there. Surely the board could approach some and see if they're willing to come on a pay as you play.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Fatty Tabanou is on a free
So is Martin Ohlsen and Ki
See.
I mention these as I know this forum has a penchant for previous players

Fatty Tabanou is on a free
So is Martin Ohlsen and Ki

Proof that posters on this board are not negative, just posting the obvious. The supporters can see what management/board don't and will no longer stand for it.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 06:22 - Feb 14 with 1298 viewsTimTtam

Sometimes people on here (myself included) overreact after a loss. But after performances like QPR, the negativity is justified.

Like others say, all football forums are bound to be negative atm apart from teams near the top overperforming eg Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, West Brom etc.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 07:03 - Feb 14 with 1289 viewsDr_Winston

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 21:14 - Feb 13 by westside

It's not just the last two games.

It's hard to figure out what cooper is trying to do

Either the players are responding to him and we're playing exactly the way he wants us to play, or they're not responding to him and doing their own thing.

Neither option reflects well on him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 08:15 - Feb 14 with 1248 viewsswan65split

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 06:22 - Feb 14 by TimTtam

Sometimes people on here (myself included) overreact after a loss. But after performances like QPR, the negativity is justified.

Like others say, all football forums are bound to be negative atm apart from teams near the top overperforming eg Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, West Brom etc.

its the performances. even the loanees, despite having bright starts, have slipped.

I said months ago, the sign of a good Manager is responding to a poor patch, we havent , and Coops is starting to look like a dead man sleeping.awaiting the inevitable.

I feel sorry for the youngsters.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 8:55]
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 09:19 - Feb 14 with 1217 viewsJacket

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 08:15 - Feb 14 by swan65split

its the performances. even the loanees, despite having bright starts, have slipped.

I said months ago, the sign of a good Manager is responding to a poor patch, we havent , and Coops is starting to look like a dead man sleeping.awaiting the inevitable.

I feel sorry for the youngsters.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 8:55]

I'd imagine all Championship messageboards are negative at the moment because no one is finding any consistency and the majority of the football being served up is pretty dire. I'd imagine that the only positive messageboards in the PL are Liverpool's and Sheffield United' as well as probably Leicester.

The negativity of a football forum is merely a reflection of the way the club is doing. We're holding up a mirror to the club, and what we're seeing in the glass ain't that pretty.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 12:22 - Feb 14 with 1148 viewsOneill_77

It does seem overly negative as some have pointed out. Maybe there's a correlation with older age and over inflated expectations.

Some negativity is justified at times, and helps to galvanise. Excessive negativity towards a young squad isn't helpful.

The last thing young players need (no matter how bullish and confident, even Rhian B) is the home fans booing. Booing is indiscernible - young players assume its them being booed, not the manager, owners, chairman etc.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 12:38 - Feb 14 with 1127 viewsBadlands

Last two games???????
The last five months.
Pundits always think the Swans are punching above our weight because, in general the pundits either think Swansea is a village or they are Cardiff supporting scum.
How is our squad weaker than last season?
The only players we lost who were appearing anywhere near regularly were James and McBurnie.
In come Ayew and Bona. Before Surridge was given he no1 spot Bona was matching MBurnies's scoring performances.
Potter promoted our under 23s and gave them between a season and half a season of fist team football - Cooper inhetrited a well seasoned group of young players but hasn't been able to get performances from them and has brought in his World Cup babes who are o better or worse than the payers they replaced.
Potter's sides were o the whole enjoyable to watch and any fans said they enjoyed last season for that reason.
We have no style and Cooper and worse is he keeps saying he'll keep on doing what we are doing.
In all honesty the stands have been incredibly kind to Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 12:54 - Feb 14 with 1115 viewsdobjack2

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 12:22 - Feb 14 by Oneill_77

It does seem overly negative as some have pointed out. Maybe there's a correlation with older age and over inflated expectations.

Some negativity is justified at times, and helps to galvanise. Excessive negativity towards a young squad isn't helpful.

The last thing young players need (no matter how bullish and confident, even Rhian B) is the home fans booing. Booing is indiscernible - young players assume its them being booed, not the manager, owners, chairman etc.

I would argue that there is a correlation with poor quality football as a consequence of a manager who seems unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Of the players that played for both Potter and Cooper, I would say that they performed better under Potter.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 13:43 - Feb 14 with 1085 viewsjack247

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 12:38 - Feb 14 by Badlands

Last two games???????
The last five months.
Pundits always think the Swans are punching above our weight because, in general the pundits either think Swansea is a village or they are Cardiff supporting scum.
How is our squad weaker than last season?
The only players we lost who were appearing anywhere near regularly were James and McBurnie.
In come Ayew and Bona. Before Surridge was given he no1 spot Bona was matching MBurnies's scoring performances.
Potter promoted our under 23s and gave them between a season and half a season of fist team football - Cooper inhetrited a well seasoned group of young players but hasn't been able to get performances from them and has brought in his World Cup babes who are o better or worse than the payers they replaced.
Potter's sides were o the whole enjoyable to watch and any fans said they enjoyed last season for that reason.
We have no style and Cooper and worse is he keeps saying he'll keep on doing what we are doing.
In all honesty the stands have been incredibly kind to Cooper.

I’m not going to disagree with you about Cooper at all, but Ayew and Borja for James and McBurnie, as they were at the end of the season though McBurnie was good throughout, is certainly weakening the squad.

Borja had a great goal scoring run at the start of the season, but did very little else. Once the goals dried up, he was a virtual passenger and quite rightly dropped. When McBurnie wasn’t scoring, he was creating chances, dropping back into midfield or out wide to get involved with play. Borja didn’t do any of that.

Ayew is going through a bit of a dip, but has generally been outstanding for us and one of the best players in the division. He never has been and never will be Man Utd quality though.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 13:58 - Feb 14 with 1073 viewsSwanjaxs

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 13:43 - Feb 14 by jack247

I’m not going to disagree with you about Cooper at all, but Ayew and Borja for James and McBurnie, as they were at the end of the season though McBurnie was good throughout, is certainly weakening the squad.

Borja had a great goal scoring run at the start of the season, but did very little else. Once the goals dried up, he was a virtual passenger and quite rightly dropped. When McBurnie wasn’t scoring, he was creating chances, dropping back into midfield or out wide to get involved with play. Borja didn’t do any of that.

Ayew is going through a bit of a dip, but has generally been outstanding for us and one of the best players in the division. He never has been and never will be Man Utd quality though.

Man Utd quality 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 14:24 - Feb 14 with 1062 viewsjack247

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 13:58 - Feb 14 by Swanjaxs

Man Utd quality 😂

Well that’s kind of the point. Badlands reckons losing McBurnie and James at the time we did, with Borja and Ayew coming back from loan didn’t weaken our squad, despite Borja being useless after 6 games and James becoming a Man Utd regular.

He’s right on Cooper and he was right from early on. Not weakening the squad last summer is just nonsense though.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:12 - Feb 14 with 1041 viewsBadlands

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 13:43 - Feb 14 by jack247

Borja was dropped after failing to score in 4 games in September
McBunie continued to play despite going 8 consecutive games without scoring in September / Ocober.
By the time the transfer window opened 2020 Borja's goal per minute record was - 216
By the time the transfer window opened 2019 Olli's goal per minute record was - 272
Borja did track back and was one of our better defenders at set pieces ... McBurnie did his bit too.

Many Man U fans question wether James will be Man U quality either.
But, as exciting as James was he scored 4 gaols and provided 9 assists all season
Ayew has 12 goals and 4 assists already.
Dropped off? Absolutely - but how much of that is down to inept management. The bloke has carried this team or months.
I watched the whole Man U v Burnley game a couple of weeks ago and James is still doing exactly the same as he was when he was an 18 year old. Indecisive, loses the ball, beats everyone for pace then fails to deliver a good cross. Last season his fans claimed players weren't getting into the box but it has been the same at academy level, for Wales and Man U.
He's exciting and I'd have him back with a decent coach but if had to play Ayew or James Andre would get the nod.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:29 - Feb 14 with 1030 viewsjack247

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:12 - Feb 14 by Badlands

Borja was dropped after failing to score in 4 games in September
McBunie continued to play despite going 8 consecutive games without scoring in September / Ocober.
By the time the transfer window opened 2020 Borja's goal per minute record was - 216
By the time the transfer window opened 2019 Olli's goal per minute record was - 272
Borja did track back and was one of our better defenders at set pieces ... McBurnie did his bit too.

Many Man U fans question wether James will be Man U quality either.
But, as exciting as James was he scored 4 gaols and provided 9 assists all season
Ayew has 12 goals and 4 assists already.
Dropped off? Absolutely - but how much of that is down to inept management. The bloke has carried this team or months.
I watched the whole Man U v Burnley game a couple of weeks ago and James is still doing exactly the same as he was when he was an 18 year old. Indecisive, loses the ball, beats everyone for pace then fails to deliver a good cross. Last season his fans claimed players weren't getting into the box but it has been the same at academy level, for Wales and Man U.
He's exciting and I'd have him back with a decent coach but if had to play Ayew or James Andre would get the nod.

Because when McBurnie wasn’t scoring he was still contributing offensively. Heading corners away is great, but if that’s all your striker is doing, he doesn’t merit his place.

You’re looking at it through a purely statistical viewpoint. Grimes was a better player with James making the right runs and creating spaces in midfield, Celina was much better. I don’t know what the stat is or if you can get it, but I’d bet McBurnie figured in the build up to more goals than Borja over the equivalent period.

Dropped off wasn’t a knock at Ayew btw, you’re right, he had been carrying us for months, runs himself into the ground every time and plays every game.

Would you play Borja ahead of McBurnie as well?

In fairness the one thing I would say that supports your view is I’m judging McBurnie and James under a better manager.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:52 - Feb 14 with 1012 viewsjasper_T

It's disingenuous to judge squad strength based on that 2v2 comparison alone. Cooper had a group of players that were one year older, and brought in half a dozen new faces, while Fer, Olsson, CCV left. Potter didn't have Dyer and Routs available for regular selection until December.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:59 - Feb 14 with 1009 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chimp brain takes over after a loss and they react, same after a win, people don't use their human brain until a day or two after.

So in answer to your question, when we win people are over optimistic, when we lose very negative!
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:59 - Feb 14 with 1009 viewsjack247

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:52 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

It's disingenuous to judge squad strength based on that 2v2 comparison alone. Cooper had a group of players that were one year older, and brought in half a dozen new faces, while Fer, Olsson, CCV left. Potter didn't have Dyer and Routs available for regular selection until December.

Of course it is, that’s not what we were doing.

We are disagreeing on whether replacing McBurnie and James with Baston and Ayew weakens the squad.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:12 - Feb 14 with 999 viewsjasper_T

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 15:59 - Feb 14 by jack247

Of course it is, that’s not what we were doing.

We are disagreeing on whether replacing McBurnie and James with Baston and Ayew weakens the squad.

That's what you are doing. The post you responded to was taking a lot more into account.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:16 - Feb 14 with 992 viewsjack247

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:12 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

That's what you are doing. The post you responded to was taking a lot more into account.

Are we not allowed to pick up particular points we disagree with in posts then? Badlands didn’t seem to have an issue with it and responded with his view on that point alone.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:29 - Feb 14 with 983 viewsCatullus

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 12:22 - Feb 14 by Oneill_77

That first bit I'd disagree with. Us older fans have seen us in much worse times, isn't it the younger fans who expect more?
The football this season has often been poor to watch but it's still a step up from what I have watched many times over the years, in the lower leagues. There's not much joy in getting beaten and a soaking on an open terrace at Notts County on a tuesday night but those memories still temper my expectations.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:36 - Feb 14 with 978 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:29 - Feb 14 by Catullus

That first bit I'd disagree with. Us older fans have seen us in much worse times, isn't it the younger fans who expect more?
The football this season has often been poor to watch but it's still a step up from what I have watched many times over the years, in the lower leagues. There's not much joy in getting beaten and a soaking on an open terrace at Notts County on a tuesday night but those memories still temper my expectations.

Obviously the Premier League years have spoilt young and old fans, but it's the newer fans that only started when we were promoted that are the worst, they have no experience of the normal shit football we've seen for most of the last forty years!
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:40 - Feb 14 with 979 viewsjack247

Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 16:29 - Feb 14 by Catullus

I think it’s the fact that although the squad is young and lacking in central midfield, Cooper should be getting more out of the players he has got.

Playing the same way every game, seldom making tactical changes during games and being utterly predictable is frustrating, no matter how long you’ve been going.
Is Planet Swans generally a negative forum? on 17:45 - Feb 14 with 943 viewsmonmouth

F*** a duck. This thread. It’s a football fans forum. Is the Pope a Catholic?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024