Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425060 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:31 - May 11 with 1307 viewsMrSwerve

Blimey, were a few shandies had in here last night?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Corona Virus on 12:32 - May 11 with 1298 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:30 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

Waterloo station at 5 to 9 this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXuMGknXkAEGs1r?format=jpg&name=large

Stratford tube station rush hour.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXuBewYXQAE-dLd?format=jpg&name=large
[Post edited 11 May 2020 12:32]
Corona Virus on 12:32 - May 11 with 1302 viewsTreforys_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:29 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

And another one. Rush hour on the Jubilee line.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXuAVCgX0AQ35CO?format=jpg&name=large

Fair enough, more reassuring
Corona Virus on 12:36 - May 11 with 1288 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 12:32 - May 11 by Treforys_Jack

I know everyone is really anxious, but honestly, the amount of misinformation being put round on social media is dreadful.

And even worse, some of the mainstream media outlets are publishing stuff that’s made up.

Looking at what people are wearing is an easy check. It’s warm and sunny here. Cooler than on Saturday, when it was really hot, but don’t need any coat warm. A padded jacket being worn by everyone means it’s not today!
Corona Virus on 12:51 - May 11 with 1258 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 12:21 - May 11 by SoberBaker

Where is this "cure" going to come from?

Father Christmas going to make one with some magic beans is he?

don't be a div all your life sonny, you know exactly what I mean ,stay lucky !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 12:56 - May 11 with 1248 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 12:36 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

I know everyone is really anxious, but honestly, the amount of misinformation being put round on social media is dreadful.

And even worse, some of the mainstream media outlets are publishing stuff that’s made up.

Looking at what people are wearing is an easy check. It’s warm and sunny here. Cooler than on Saturday, when it was really hot, but don’t need any coat warm. A padded jacket being worn by everyone means it’s not today!

You mean Piers Morgan lied and this wasn't the 07:40 from Reading this morning?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 12:59 - May 11 with 1237 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 12:56 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

You mean Piers Morgan lied and this wasn't the 07:40 from Reading this morning?

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 11 with 1183 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 11:31 - May 11 by Pegojack

Labour proposed the following five point plan on renting on Friday:

1. An extension to the ban on evictions to allow further protections to be introduced
2. A change to the law on arrears to protect people who have got into difficulty due to the coronavirus outbreak
3. A two-year period to pay back any arrears
4. A protection from bankruptcy as a result of arrears
5. Increased generosity in the benefits system to help reduce arrears and prevent tenants falling into them in the first place.

They love their 5, 6 and 7 point plans, don't they.

It's a good list to help make sure property investors don't lose a penny long term, while renters fall deeper into debt because they can't work. Wealth inequality continues to grow. Starmer's Labour looks like it's firmly in the corner of capital rather than the working class so far. But what else would you expect from a millionaire whose father owned a factory?

More Tories with a red ribbon.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:35 - May 11 with 1152 viewsploppy

You're so lucky in London. It's feckin freezing here in South Wales today. Padded jackets are the order of the day. And the bloody dog is insisting on going out more than once a day since he heard Drakeford last week. Nightmare.
Corona Virus on 13:44 - May 11 with 1118 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:35 - May 11 by ploppy

You're so lucky in London. It's feckin freezing here in South Wales today. Padded jackets are the order of the day. And the bloody dog is insisting on going out more than once a day since he heard Drakeford last week. Nightmare.

It tends to be warmer and sunnier here with less rain. Good at the moment, but in July and August it’s horrific and I’d far rather be somewhere where it’s a bit cooler.

I was out with the dog this morning and it was pleasant. Cooler breeze today though. It was roasting on Friday and Saturday. Definitely not padded jacket weather though.
Corona Virus on 13:47 - May 11 with 1109 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 11 by jasper_T

It's a good list to help make sure property investors don't lose a penny long term, while renters fall deeper into debt because they can't work. Wealth inequality continues to grow. Starmer's Labour looks like it's firmly in the corner of capital rather than the working class so far. But what else would you expect from a millionaire whose father owned a factory?

Not everyone can come from the hood like Jeremy and Piers Corbyn.

Bloody Starmer and his state school education, tool maker Dad and nurse Mum (until she became too ill of course).

Unlike Jezza, he’s a millionaire (if he is) because he made it himself. Not inherited it.
Corona Virus on 13:59 - May 11 with 1081 viewsPegojack

Corona Virus on 13:21 - May 11 by jasper_T

Presumably, then, you're all in favour of supermarkets waiving payment if you put your goods through the checkout and then say "sorry, can't pay, I've lost my job because of coronavirus"? No, didn't think so. So what's your solution then? At least Labour are making practical suggestions.
We either continue to obey the everyday rules of capitalism or we don't. Perhaps Britain could turn into a Soviet collective, eh?
Corona Virus on 14:00 - May 11 with 1079 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 12:32 - May 11 by Treforys_Jack

This one isn't too reassuring...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-commuters-pack-london-tube-platforms-afte
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:02]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 14:10 - May 11 with 1041 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 14:00 - May 11 by Swanjaxs

This one isn't too reassuring...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-commuters-pack-london-tube-platforms-afte
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:02]

Look how they are dressed?

Saying that, there are a lot of people wearing face masks!
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:14]
Corona Virus on 14:11 - May 11 with 1038 viewschad

Corona Virus on 14:53 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Everyone is being arsey at the moment - it’s only to be expected given everyone’s stress levels are through the roof. It’s fine.

Thanks Lisa. Probably irrelevant now, (a BH weekend a long time in politics) but anyway, to explain my thinking as promised, my question was...

Wasn’t Keir, pushing for plans to end lockdown, 3 weeks ago?
(I never meant to suggest he was pushing its implementation timetable)

From your reply I thought I may have misunderstood and he was just requesting sight of an existing plan, rather than pushing for one to be developed, but read the Guardian article of over 3 weeks previous again, ( https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/15/keir-starmer-calls-for-ministers-t ) and that certainly does not seem to be their opinion, nor only, what his own words reflect...

’Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, is pushing for a government strategy on the return of schools and getting businesses back to work after the lockdown’

‘His requests for an exit strategy were set out in a letter to Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary, who is deputising for Boris Johnson’

‘A government source dismissed the idea of setting out a plan this week before the death rate has come down, saying: “Our strategy is focused on saving lives. We have been clear that all decisions will be guided by the scientific advice and data. Talk of an exit strategy before we have reached the peak risks confusing the critical message that people need to stay at home in order to protect our NHS and save lives.” ‘

‘Scientific advisers including Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, have said it is too early to talk about lifting the lockdown.

There are splits in the cabinet about when to end the lockdown but an exit plan is unlikely to emerge until Johnson is back at work and the tide has begun to turn on the UK’s high death rate in hospitals and care homes.’

kier’s own words...
”What I want to know is what’s the plan for the next phase? Because we need to plan for it, decisions need to be taken now so I’ve made that clear to the Prime Minister.”

––––

Certainly sounds more than look at existing plan, when he is talking about decisions being made now. But regardless, the point being that people were ready to jump down Boris’s throat with mention of a plan to move out of lockdown. That seemed prejudiced, when not showing concern when Keir was publicly pushing for a plan to be published over 3 weeks ago, at the height of the outbreak.

I thought it wrong to publicly put pressure on, to publish plans to come out of lockdown at the height of the deaths, it was premature, as well as giving the wrong message. It also detracted from the immediate things that absolutely needed the full focus of attention at that time.

I have no doubt the government would be kicking around ideas at that time, but they would be based on various scenarios and certainly not a firm existing plan. As said, if, at the height of infection, plans had been made that did not track the viruses course (not just speaking time wise here) or did not take account of lessons learned from other broadly comparative countries lockdown withdrawals, it would be another thing for people to squeal about. Whereas now the government have had chance to come up with that spiffing new slogan ;)

But seriously, look at the reaction here, when largely tinkering around the edges, which we have actually already done in Wales to some extent with our own lockdown rules.

I imagine many in the UK are already meeting up with family members whilst social distancing, when ‘exercising’ or maybe meeting up at Dobbies garden centre, that is open today. And no different I suppose from people chatting to neighbours in their garden or whilst walking past friends gardens as can be regularly seen. Or even strangers chatting to each other from 2 metres or so away, when out walking.

The danger is more in the concept of moving out of lockdown and the people who think that is an excuse for a free for all. Although I think there would be few who would deny that the current situation is not tenable long term, however cautious we prefer to be.

I certainly don’t disagree that a coordinated approach is desirable, although the pace is different in different areas as it swept from east to west and south to north, and conditions are of course also markedly different between larger cities / conurbations and more rural areas.
Corona Virus on 14:13 - May 11 with 1029 viewsgadgetuk

Corona Virus on 14:10 - May 11 by Garyjack

Look how they are dressed?

Saying that, there are a lot of people wearing face masks!
[Post edited 11 May 2020 14:14]

It is incredible windy in the south east today, temperature currently 7c in street. If I was going into london today I would be well wrapped up.
Corona Virus on 14:17 - May 11 with 1013 viewsJinxy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52620556
Corona Virus on 14:23 - May 11 with 994 viewsGaryjack

Corona Virus on 14:13 - May 11 by gadgetuk

It is incredible windy in the south east today, temperature currently 7c in street. If I was going into london today I would be well wrapped up.

I did edit my post, but the weather there is no different to here. In saying that, i don't know what people are wearing out and about in Swansea as i haven't been out.
Corona Virus on 14:30 - May 11 with 967 viewsgadgetuk

Corona Virus on 14:23 - May 11 by Garyjack

I did edit my post, but the weather there is no different to here. In saying that, i don't know what people are wearing out and about in Swansea as i haven't been out.

I did spot that :-)

Fortunately I don't have to travel into London for work - social distancing will be an impossibility if numbers increase by even a small margin.
Corona Virus on 14:44 - May 11 with 932 viewshobo

It's actually quite cold and very, very windy! That was at midday too so I'm sure the morning would have felt a lot colder
Corona Virus on 14:46 - May 11 with 916 viewsHighjack

It’s bastard freezing here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 15:07 - May 11 with 862 viewsPegojack

Corona Virus on 14:46 - May 11 by Highjack

It’s bastard freezing here.

It's bluddy lovely here, 27C and sunny, but then it is Spain.
It's day one of Phase One, when some of the lockdown restrictions are being eased, so we're planning to go down to the village bar later (outside terrace only, 50% capacity) to meet friends. The toilets are closed, which will be interesting for those of us with aging bladders. Maybe take a wide mouthed plastic bottle and lay off the lager. Happy days.
Corona Virus on 15:13 - May 11 with 849 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 14:44 - May 11 by hobo

It's actually quite cold and very, very windy! That was at midday too so I'm sure the morning would have felt a lot colder

Not here it’s not.

Anyway, the pictures that were circulating on social media have now been shown to be March so it’s not worth debating any longer. It’s 13 degrees here at the moment and sunny. If you need a padded North Face type jacket as was in the fake picture God knows how you survive in January.
Corona Virus on 15:13 - May 11 with 850 viewspencoedjack

Corona Virus on 11:31 - May 11 by Pegojack

Labour proposed the following five point plan on renting on Friday:

1. An extension to the ban on evictions to allow further protections to be introduced
2. A change to the law on arrears to protect people who have got into difficulty due to the coronavirus outbreak
3. A two-year period to pay back any arrears
4. A protection from bankruptcy as a result of arrears
5. Increased generosity in the benefits system to help reduce arrears and prevent tenants falling into them in the first place.

What if the rent you are receiving from you tenants pays the mortgage on the property you rent them?

You lose your house & the non paying tenant gets to stay there?
Corona Virus on 15:14 - May 11 with 849 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 13:59 - May 11 by Pegojack

Presumably, then, you're all in favour of supermarkets waiving payment if you put your goods through the checkout and then say "sorry, can't pay, I've lost my job because of coronavirus"? No, didn't think so. So what's your solution then? At least Labour are making practical suggestions.
We either continue to obey the everyday rules of capitalism or we don't. Perhaps Britain could turn into a Soviet collective, eh?

I actually am in favour of people not having to go without food because a global pandemic has left them with no means of making an income. Why should the burden fall on the poorest who can no longer work through no fault of their own, while the richest expect to be paid in full regardless of circumstance?

Practical suggestions for how the working class can bear the weight of yet more responsibility for generating profits for their social betters. Tories in all but name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024