Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437860 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 12:04 - May 13 with 1899 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 09:49 - May 13 by Neath_Jack

👀👀 F*ck that! Coats or no coats, I ain’t getting on there.

And yes, I realise they are on there to get to work, but it’s a no from me.

Those poor people.

Back in total lockdown within 3 weeks.

Bookmark this 👍🏻

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 12:25 - May 13 with 1861 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 12:04 - May 13 by Swanjaxs

Bookmark this 👍🏻

Agree, but...itll be in about 2 months. Give time that the 2nd spike to reach a peak.
Corona Virus on 12:26 - May 13 with 1845 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:04 - May 13 by Swanjaxs

Bookmark this 👍🏻

Other countries that eased restrictions have had another rise in cases, London will be no different, I expect. If this picture is genuine it does make you wonder.

Westminster is trying to restart the economy, bit by bit but may well regret doing it too soon.

Good news though, there is an antibody test (98% accurate) made by a Welsh company coming onto the market,

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/18441478.first-to-market-covid-19-antibod

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:44 - May 13 with 1824 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 12:26 - May 13 by Catullus

Other countries that eased restrictions have had another rise in cases, London will be no different, I expect. If this picture is genuine it does make you wonder.

Westminster is trying to restart the economy, bit by bit but may well regret doing it too soon.

Good news though, there is an antibody test (98% accurate) made by a Welsh company coming onto the market,

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/18441478.first-to-market-covid-19-antibod

It's a video butt.

The unions are already threatening to pull their drivers out on strike, due to the risk to their members.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:45 - May 13 with 1824 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 07:02 - May 13 by Glyn1

So how are we doing then? - better than Spain / Italy / Germany / France or worse?

We're currently at about 31,000 deaths and I'm predicting 150,000 by next New Year's Day, so put your own predictions here. [Will be bookmarking this.]

We're doing the worst of the lot in terms of deaths and are opening out more and faster than all of them (except maybe Germany who had a very successful "first wave").

People will find a way to call it a win, though. It's going to be a rough 12 months, but the cheerleaders will soldier on.
Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 13 with 1811 viewsNeath_Jack

Starmer toying with Boris again today.

It's like a genuine heavy weight champion, going up against a pub brawler.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 12:51 - May 13 with 1806 viewssP7qupUf

Corona Virus on 12:48 - May 13 by Neath_Jack

Old Boris failed to respond to the question asked about the explanation for the extra 10,000 deaths in care homes in April.
Corona Virus on 12:53 - May 13 with 1792 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 07:31 - May 13 by sP7qupUf

This.

A perfect example of a person, supported by his parents, who has worked hard, taken the opportunities available to him and made a good life for himself and his family. in other words a self made man. Too many people with petty jealousies having a go. Whilst not being anywhere near as talented as Mr Starmer, I was brought up with similar values. My father was a coalminer and my mother was a dinner lady. We didn't have much but they worked hard and I went to university and recently retired after a successful career at a pretty senior level. I have been able to pass on similar values to my children. My old dad use to tell me..."i'm doing this boy, so you don't have to". Strong traditional Labour Party values, passed on to me and from me to my children.

Perhaps those who don't go to work, sponge off the state and expect everything to be given to them should try taking a bit of responsibility for themselves. Hopefully, under Mr Starmer the Labour Party will be able to rediscover those values that have been lost under the previous shower.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince the working class that the moochers who enjoy being poor are the enemy that is holding them down, and not the super rich who exploit their labour and shape society to their benefit.

Just pull yourselves up by your bootstraps, innit. Common sense.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 13:02 - May 13 with 1782 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Laura Kuenssberg:
“The lawyer beating the showman hands down this week”

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Corona Virus on 13:06 - May 13 with 1763 viewstheloneranger

Corona Virus on 12:26 - May 13 by Catullus

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said, when asked if he would travel on a packed bus or tube, replied, "NO"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tubes-trains-crowded-first-day-22018176
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:11]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Corona Virus on 13:32 - May 13 with 1720 viewsWarwickHunt

Throw in the towel FFS and end the cûnt’s misery! 😂😂😂

“Starmer asks Johnson to return to Commons to correct care home guidance error

Sir Keir Starmer written to Boris Johnson asking him to return to the Commons to correct the record about the coronavirus advice issued to care homes. (See 12.47pm.) In a letter Starmer said:

At this time of national crisis, it is more important than ever that government ministers are accurate in the information they give.

Given this, I expect you to come to the House of Commons at the earliest opportunity to correct the record and to recognise that this was official government guidance regarding care homes”.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:33]
Corona Virus on 13:43 - May 13 with 1693 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 09:49 - May 13 by Neath_Jack

👀👀 F*ck that! Coats or no coats, I ain’t getting on there.

And yes, I realise they are on there to get to work, but it’s a no from me.

Those poor people.

All anecdotal evidence here suggests that today saw a very definite upwards tick in public transport usage in London. On buses and also on the tube.

There have been reports of a particular issue on the Victoria line this morning as some capacity was lost due to an incident of some description (hopefully not what that sometimes means).
Corona Virus on 14:54 - May 13 with 1624 viewsAce_Jack

Not that PMQs is massively relevant to the discourse of the country as a whole, it is nice to have an opposition team that is capable of setting a political trap and following it up with some sustained pressure.

He wasn't my choice for leader but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed.

For those out of the loop, it looks like Mr Johnson might've told a fib at the dispatch box today which is very bad form.

Corona Virus on 15:17 - May 13 with 1596 viewsJack_Kass

Starmer simply needs to get dressed, to turn the favour for Labour in 5 years time.

Although it will take a historic and unprecedented swing for them to get the majority, at that time of asking.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Corona Virus on 15:31 - May 13 with 1570 viewscontroversial_jack

It's the usual British mentality of let's muddle through without any plan. " crack on lads, it will be alright!"

Sometimes it works , usually by luck, but most often it doesn't; Iraq and Afghanistan being examples of where it didn't.
Corona Virus on 15:40 - May 13 with 1559 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 12:44 - May 13 by Neath_Jack

It's a video butt.

The unions are already threatening to pull their drivers out on strike, due to the risk to their members.

Picture, video, it shows a crowded bus all the same.

Hasn't there been several deaths among TFL workers? It's a poor state of affairs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 18:03 - May 13 with 1449 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 14:54 - May 13 by Ace_Jack

Not that PMQs is massively relevant to the discourse of the country as a whole, it is nice to have an opposition team that is capable of setting a political trap and following it up with some sustained pressure.

He wasn't my choice for leader but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed.

For those out of the loop, it looks like Mr Johnson might've told a fib at the dispatch box today which is very bad form.

Downing Street have doubled down on that now. Said that Starmer was lying (he wasn't) and Boris has hit back saying he expects Starmer to work with him, not against him. BoJo's cuckoo if the thinks there can't be an Opposition in Parliament.

It's so nice to see this bunch of chunts being challenged for once. I'm not a party man in any way, and certainly not for Labour, but it's great to see someone actually challenging this excuse of a government. And doing very well at it. Men v boys so far since Starmer took over (shows how useless Corbyn was, in case anyone needed convincing).

Meanwhile Wales has played a blinder for once. We've got clearer guidance and I feel a lot safer here than I would in England, even if our NHS has less capacity if the worse happens. Prevention better than cure and all that.
Corona Virus on 18:04 - May 13 with 1448 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 10:11 - May 13 by waynekerr55

On a YouTube link from Guido Forks, probably

Yeah, I think it's bollox. Can't find anything to back up the rant.
Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 13 with 1413 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 13:06 - May 13 by theloneranger

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said, when asked if he would travel on a packed bus or tube, replied, "NO"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tubes-trains-crowded-first-day-22018176
[Post edited 13 May 2020 13:11]

But this is how its going to be once the lockdown is lifted, no cure or vaccine see guys, and I would imagine the lockdown will be eventually lifted or the country goes down the pan, not only will the virus take lives but all the other types of illness will flourish due to lack of funds for diagnosis and treatment meaning many more deaths, probably more than the deaths caused by the virus.
Corona Virus on 18:48 - May 13 with 1396 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 13 by perplex

But this is how its going to be once the lockdown is lifted, no cure or vaccine see guys, and I would imagine the lockdown will be eventually lifted or the country goes down the pan, not only will the virus take lives but all the other types of illness will flourish due to lack of funds for diagnosis and treatment meaning many more deaths, probably more than the deaths caused by the virus.

So lift it “eventually”, not when we’re still getting 500 deaths a day and thousands of new infections. And don’t tell people to get back to work and then wonder why public transport is busier than it has been. Don’t tell people they can drive for exercise and then not expect them all to converge on national parks or cross the border into a neighbouring country despite it still being against the rules there. Don’t drop the stay two metres away message and append it with “if you can”. The last week has sewn the seeds of an increase in infections and deaths in the coming weeks. It was madness to ease any restrictions at this point and even worse to do it in such a cack handed way.

None of that aimed at you by the way, Perplex.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:56 - May 13 with 1323 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 18:48 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

So lift it “eventually”, not when we’re still getting 500 deaths a day and thousands of new infections. And don’t tell people to get back to work and then wonder why public transport is busier than it has been. Don’t tell people they can drive for exercise and then not expect them all to converge on national parks or cross the border into a neighbouring country despite it still being against the rules there. Don’t drop the stay two metres away message and append it with “if you can”. The last week has sewn the seeds of an increase in infections and deaths in the coming weeks. It was madness to ease any restrictions at this point and even worse to do it in such a cack handed way.

Can’t begin to imagine who it is aimed at...

It’s truly unbelievable when you start trying to summarise it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 20:13 - May 13 with 1295 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 18:48 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

One problem is numbers in the community being fudged to cover up the horror or care homes.

And awful reporting. Deaths by the day they happen is below - we are at nowhere near 500 deaths a day. And it’s even lower for community transmission.

People will criticise the lifting of lockdown unless they show what happening in the community. But yo do that, they’ll have to come clean about care homes. I wouldn't hold my breath.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EX5p_j0WsAARGvj?format=jpg&name=large

Edited to add - also look at the infections compared to tests. We’re now lower than at any point since March.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EX5ySliWoAELXgR?format=jpg&name=large
[Post edited 13 May 2020 20:16]
Corona Virus on 20:57 - May 13 with 1247 viewswaynekerr55

Corona Virus on 18:03 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Downing Street have doubled down on that now. Said that Starmer was lying (he wasn't) and Boris has hit back saying he expects Starmer to work with him, not against him. BoJo's cuckoo if the thinks there can't be an Opposition in Parliament.

It's so nice to see this bunch of chunts being challenged for once. I'm not a party man in any way, and certainly not for Labour, but it's great to see someone actually challenging this excuse of a government. And doing very well at it. Men v boys so far since Starmer took over (shows how useless Corbyn was, in case anyone needed convincing).

Meanwhile Wales has played a blinder for once. We've got clearer guidance and I feel a lot safer here than I would in England, even if our NHS has less capacity if the worse happens. Prevention better than cure and all that.

The replies to full fact on Twitter are a joy. They genuinely believe the lard - filled condom is telling the truth and the toff Starmer is lying...!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Corona Virus on 22:19 - May 13 with 1175 viewsrockj

I keep going back to my point

When will we “all” go back to work?

This virus could be with us for years

People can’t sit on their arse on furlough forever, we will have 5m unemployed

When guys when?
Corona Virus on 22:26 - May 13 with 1146 viewslifelong

Boris reckons that the number of deaths are coming down when 1100 deaths have been recorded in the past two days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024