Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437722 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Mar 10 with 2820 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 21:39 - Mar 10 by Darran

I wasn’t banned I got hacked. I’ve send you a follow request mun.

Hacked.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Mar 10 with 2820 viewslegoman

Corona Virus on 21:37 - Mar 10 by Neath_Jack

You tell him Legs.

I'm not trying to score points. I mentioned in other posts that my son is a PhD virologist and he has been following this thing ever since the first reports came out of China.

He predicted almost exactly what would happen and we have gradually been building up stock in preparation for a possible escalation of infection rate.

I can understand why folks think some of the behaviour in shops is "selfish" but given the impact this virus can have on the elderly and those with underlying health problems my personal view is that it is selfish not to take responsibility for your own hygiene to ensure you are not the one to pass the virus on.

I think it is right to some extent to scare the bejesus out of Joe Public so they get the message. My hope is the infection won't be as bad and if that's the case any supplies I have that I might regard as surplus I will be donating to the local food bank.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Corona Virus on 21:57 - Mar 10 with 2818 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 21:45 - Mar 10 by Neath_Jack

Oh i don't look at them ffs.

I'll have a look in the morning, I'm off out burgling now.

Nice waterproof jacket please, mens size small, don't worry about the colour.

Many thanks.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 22:39 - Mar 10 with 2710 viewsBest_loser

Nadine dorries has it now

Don't get well soon
Corona Virus on 22:42 - Mar 10 with 2696 viewsDarran

Corona Virus on 21:56 - Mar 10 by exiledclaseboy

Hacked.

Yes and stupidly I’d posted a couple of photos on there of my grandson that I hadn’t saved and lost everything.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Corona Virus on 22:44 - Mar 10 with 2696 viewsHighjack

Corona Virus on 21:24 - Mar 10 by Neath_Jack

Another 9 cases in Wales today, 5 of them in Neath Port Talbot.

5? Bloody hell I’d better start washing my hands at some point.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Corona Virus on 23:00 - Mar 10 with 2656 viewscentrestandswan

Health Minister contracts coronavirus .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1253514/coronavirus-uk-first-mp-tests-positive

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Corona Virus on 01:10 - Mar 11 with 2541 viewsJack123

Man city v Arsenal off due to fears of Arsenal players being in contact with infected.

Edit due to couldn't think of his name,

Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis was at Arsenal for a Europa League game 13 days ago. #AFC say “a number of players met the Olympiacos owner following the game.”
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 1:14]

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 01:21 - Mar 11 with 2531 viewshobo

Corona Virus on 01:10 - Mar 11 by Jack123

Man city v Arsenal off due to fears of Arsenal players being in contact with infected.

Edit due to couldn't think of his name,

Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis was at Arsenal for a Europa League game 13 days ago. #AFC say “a number of players met the Olympiacos owner following the game.”
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 1:14]

Surely Sheffield Weds v Notts Forest has to be postponed this weekend also?
Corona Virus on 06:00 - Mar 11 with 2452 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 13:15 - Mar 10 by Ebo

All the footage I have seen meets the demographic.

What a fooking clown you are 😂
Stop making shite up.
You need to come to terms with the fact that the U.K. has left the Frankenstein project and Wales is happy to remain in the U.K. 🇬🇧
Corona Virus on 10:17 - Mar 11 with 2304 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 16:08 - Mar 9 by Professor

corticosteroids such as those taken by asthmatics or people with chronic inflammation e.g prednisolone. . Not all steroids are immunosuppressive, there are many with different functions.

But the point is very well made

My son uses Clenil Modulite, a preventer steroid inhaler.Is that immunosuppresive? When I say uses, he says he does but this one has been there nearly 2 months and feels pretty full, he's supposed to use it twice a day.

Isn't the point here that we should take sensible precautions? You don't have to fill trollies up with pasta and bog roll, panicking is as bad as ignoring what's happening.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 10:24 - Mar 11 with 2292 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 10:17 - Mar 11 by Catullus

My son uses Clenil Modulite, a preventer steroid inhaler.Is that immunosuppresive? When I say uses, he says he does but this one has been there nearly 2 months and feels pretty full, he's supposed to use it twice a day.

Isn't the point here that we should take sensible precautions? You don't have to fill trollies up with pasta and bog roll, panicking is as bad as ignoring what's happening.

The inhaler acts locally to reduce inflammation and hence immune activation in the lungs. Difficult to think it would increase susceptibility to infection but may be a double-edged sword if infected. I am using mine
Corona Virus on 10:29 - Mar 11 with 2288 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 10:24 - Mar 11 by Professor

The inhaler acts locally to reduce inflammation and hence immune activation in the lungs. Difficult to think it would increase susceptibility to infection but may be a double-edged sword if infected. I am using mine

Thank you

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 15:52 - Mar 11 with 2186 viewscontroversial_jack

Mrs CJ and I both had an illness before xmas with exactly the same symptoms as this virus.It wasn't a cold or wasn't like anything I had had before. I know the experts say it appeared in China in January, but is that true and could it have been around before that?
Corona Virus on 16:43 - Mar 11 with 2131 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 15:52 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

Mrs CJ and I both had an illness before xmas with exactly the same symptoms as this virus.It wasn't a cold or wasn't like anything I had had before. I know the experts say it appeared in China in January, but is that true and could it have been around before that?

Most likely seasonal flu. Can be quite variable in symptoms. That said I have pretty much had an upper respiratory tract infection since August. Broken rib do not help either
Corona Virus on 16:51 - Mar 11 with 2122 viewsBytholWyn

I would hesitate to offer any sort of medical advice, but it's worth noting that flu and the coronavirus have a considerable overlap in symptoms:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/11/health/coronavirus-cold-allergies-flu-differe

This article highlights the differences between flu and the coronavirus: https://www.technologyreview.com/f/615341/flu-vs-coronavirus-6-differences/
Corona Virus on 17:53 - Mar 11 with 2040 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 10:29 - Mar 11 by Catullus

Thank you

The steroid element of Clenil will take weeks to build up to a therapeutic level, so if he uses it now and then it's not actually doing anything.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 18:11 - Mar 11 with 2018 viewsBytholWyn

It's worth noting that the government's list of "Countries and areas with a higher risk of coronavirus" is clearly out-of-date: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-travellers/

This website gives daily updated figures for the virus around the world: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ You will note from the latest stats that amongst the worst countries right now, in terms of disease incidence per head of population are the Scandinavian countries, especially Norway. Its 105 cases per 1 Million population is about half of Italy's 206. Denmark, Sweden and Iceland also have high incidence. With a population of just 364,000, its 85 cases to date gives it a higher per capita infection rate than Norway. Spain and Switzerland are two other countries with particularly high incidence rates.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 18:13]
Corona Virus on 18:36 - Mar 11 with 1983 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 17:53 - Mar 11 by Banosswan

The steroid element of Clenil will take weeks to build up to a therapeutic level, so if he uses it now and then it's not actually doing anything.

Needs to be used regularly, but much more local in action than oral steroids so faster acting. But as you say needs to be used regularly
Corona Virus on 18:55 - Mar 11 with 1955 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 17:53 - Mar 11 by Banosswan

Yeah we know thanks but he's 11, kids don't always do as they're told! I've become a bit scptical about it anyway because he hasn't had a bad chest, any wheezing or other signs of asthma since he was diagnosed.
I was misdiagnosed myself at 17, put on inhalers and other meds that did nothing and I was a wreck for the next 5 years. Maybe I'm just too cyncial about it.

Corona Virus on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 1941 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 21:53 - Mar 10 by Darran

Get me a nice pair of jeans off someone’s line. 34 waist.

34 by f*ck. You wish.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Corona Virus on 19:04 - Mar 11 with 1936 viewsBanosswan

Corona Virus on 18:36 - Mar 11 by Professor

Needs to be used regularly, but much more local in action than oral steroids so faster acting. But as you say needs to be used regularly

If it's eosinophilic asthma, one puff would do nothing. Tbh, Clenil is a pretty rubbish inhaler anyway.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Corona Virus on 19:05 - Mar 11 with 1934 viewsexiledclaseboy

Weekends are gonna be shit when all the sport is cancelled as we continue our descent into mass hysteria.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:08 - Mar 11 with 1927 viewsItchySphincter

I was in Japan from September to November last year, all around the country ending with a couple of weeks in Yokohama. During the month I spent in Oita I had all the mild symptoms - dry cough, headache, fluey type aches in the bones, it lasted a couple of weeks and then went. People I was with had come from a sporting event in Wuhan the previous month. I have no doubt in my mind that I have previously experienced this type of virus, as have many others.

Corona Virus on 19:10 - Mar 11 with 1924 viewsItchySphincter

Corona Virus on 18:55 - Mar 11 by Catullus

Yeah we know thanks but he's 11, kids don't always do as they're told! I've become a bit scptical about it anyway because he hasn't had a bad chest, any wheezing or other signs of asthma since he was diagnosed.
I was misdiagnosed myself at 17, put on inhalers and other meds that did nothing and I was a wreck for the next 5 years. Maybe I'm just too cyncial about it.

I’ve let my son stop using his.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024