Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437913 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 10:57 - Mar 30 with 2279 viewsEbo

Thoughts?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Mar 30 with 2269 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 22:20 - Mar 29 by Catullus

You seriously think a week is enough time? Just take Royal Mail, because that's what I know about. They would have to move delivery fittings and sorting fittings to be 2 metres apart, they would need people to do it who would by necessity be less than 2 metres apart but, more pertinently, they would need at least 50% more space. They have to source that space, move equipment, organise the extra transport and that also means 100% extra delivery vans so 2 people didn't have to be in one van as the current arrangements are OR arranging new insurance so people can use their own cars.

Just finding a building they can use and arranging the lease, moving equipment etc would take more than a week. Being told to stay home and doing that, it was the easy part. My wife is NHS, in her office there isn't room for everyone to be 2 metres apart and they can't work from home, what do they do, where do they go?

To put that in context, they all know the risk involved (lower than being on the wards but staff from their office are back and fore to the wards) and they all keep turning up except the one who reported symptoms and is waiting for Occy health. So what do they do? Maybe all NHS staff iun the same position should refuse to go to work?

Shall I go on? Yes lets, what about supermarket staff, those tills probably aren't 2 metres apart and customers are moving between them, where do they find the extra space from? Maybe supermarket staff should stay home?

Nobody could have been prepared for this pandemic and nobody could have sorted out everything that desperatley needs sorting in a month let alone a week.

My wife is also an NHS worker, they're not even trying to help staff ,and yes a week is ample time to get this ball rolling ,but not if they don't even try which it seems a lot are not

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 11:16 - Mar 30 with 2238 viewsOldjack

Corona Virus on 10:57 - Mar 30 by Ebo

Thoughts?

totally agree, and he's paying the price now albeit mildly with the mentality ''it'll not happen to me or us ''

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Mar 30 with 2224 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

My wife is also an NHS worker, they're not even trying to help staff ,and yes a week is ample time to get this ball rolling ,but not if they don't even try which it seems a lot are not

My wife is a nurse and has had f*ck all, and neither have the doctors with her. She has had to try and source her own 'scrubs' which offer no protection but at least are easier to wash and dry than a uniform. She has daily patient contact but is not on a ward. I hope the poor buggers on the wards at least are getting what they need.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Mar 30 with 2224 viewsLeonWasGod

Thoughts?

Not a fan of the conspiracy theory style opening, but there's an increasing amount of verifiable evidence and personal experiences that supports what he says. I don't think he's fundamentally wrong with any of that.

When you read stories like the BBC one around PPE (added to many other similar ones around all aspects of response), it makes you woder what the feck is going on:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52082248

And we're still diverging from WHO advice of course on even the basics like quarantine periods. Again, makes you wonder why when it's well know that the incubation period can easily be 10+ days. 🤷‍♂️
Corona Virus on 11:48 - Mar 30 with 2187 viewsjasper_T

There's a British bloke in South Korea running around infecting people either deliberately or because he's a fcking idiot not taking things seriously. Broke quarantine, later tested positive, then broke quarantine again. Lucky he's not the other side of the border or he'd have been shot already.

Their testing and tracking is good enough that they've identified the 23 people he was in contact with the first time he went wandering. If any of them dies he's in real trouble.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 11:49]
Corona Virus on 12:34 - Mar 30 with 2116 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 11:00 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

Getting the ball rolling is one thing but still a week wouldn't be long enough to get it done.

What we needed badly, as this proves, was an action plan just in case, maybe next time there will be a plan.

Even with a plan you can't mitigate for stupid people, they are very unpredictable. Out for their exercise yesterday my wife and son saw 2 other dog walkers get into an argument (no idea over what) but she said they walked up to each other and were shouting in each others faces, inches apart.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 12:38 - Mar 30 with 2121 viewschad

Thoughts?

Disappointing, thought it was going to suggest that the letters were deliberately infected to further herd immunity.

WHO were not particularly impressive with their no human to human infection info in mid Jan and their comment that restrictions / checks on travellers to and from Wuhan not necessary, a few days before that.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 12:41 - Mar 30 with 2102 viewsThebus

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Mar 30 by LeonWasGod

Not a fan of the conspiracy theory style opening, but there's an increasing amount of verifiable evidence and personal experiences that supports what he says. I don't think he's fundamentally wrong with any of that.

When you read stories like the BBC one around PPE (added to many other similar ones around all aspects of response), it makes you woder what the feck is going on:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52082248

And we're still diverging from WHO advice of course on even the basics like quarantine periods. Again, makes you wonder why when it's well know that the incubation period can easily be 10+ days. 🤷‍♂️

Just seems like another anti - Tory.
Corona Virus on 15:05 - Mar 30 with 2012 viewsJack_Kass

Corona Virus on 11:28 - Mar 30 by monmouth

My wife is a nurse and has had f*ck all, and neither have the doctors with her. She has had to try and source her own 'scrubs' which offer no protection but at least are easier to wash and dry than a uniform. She has daily patient contact but is not on a ward. I hope the poor buggers on the wards at least are getting what they need.

Yep, a close family member is, to say the least, upset and angry that they have been given nothing to protect themselves

She found a stock of masks on the ward, and senior management said they were not to be used, and they had been counted.

What the actual f**k?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Corona Virus on 15:20 - Mar 30 with 1977 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 15:05 - Mar 30 by Jack_Kass

Yep, a close family member is, to say the least, upset and angry that they have been given nothing to protect themselves

She found a stock of masks on the ward, and senior management said they were not to be used, and they had been counted.

What the actual f**k?

Lions led by donkeys.

And that's a disservice to donkeys.
Corona Virus on 15:22 - Mar 30 with 1978 viewsjasper_T

Corona Virus on 16:19 - Mar 30 with 1910 viewslonglostjack

Here’s one for your inner nerd. A bit technical but informative nonetheless.

https://medium.com/data-for-science/epidemic-modeling-101-or-why-your-covid19-ex

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 16:45 - Mar 30 with 1868 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 16:19 - Mar 30 by longlostjack

Here’s one for your inner nerd. A bit technical but informative nonetheless.

https://medium.com/data-for-science/epidemic-modeling-101-or-why-your-covid19-ex

That is excellent, although misses a few points, the major one is the intervention with drugs that control the infection and/or cure the patient.
The lowering of the curve not only allows health services to cope, but also provides time to test and use those drugs and other methods that help.
That would make it even harder to model though.

One thing every country needs to learn is from the experiences of the countries that have had the infection the longest and had most success at contolling it.
Corona Virus on 17:58 - Mar 30 with 1767 viewsCaptain_Sham

I haven't seen this but I have a good many of the more unhinged posters on ignore so apologies if already posted.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-he

Its just a ride.

Corona Virus on 18:21 - Mar 30 with 1736 viewsFireboy2

Corona Virus on 17:58 - Mar 30 by Captain_Sham

I haven't seen this but I have a good many of the more unhinged posters on ignore so apologies if already posted.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-he

Fake news
Corona Virus on 18:32 - Mar 30 with 1712 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 17:58 - Mar 30 by Captain_Sham

Trump has been is usual idiotic self, but there is a wider question starting in China about how this has been handled internationally.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 19:16 - Mar 30 with 1655 viewsWarwickHunt

Cummings is the latest to be tested positive.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. And then gets run over by a combine harvester.
Corona Virus on 19:28 - Mar 30 with 1634 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:16 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Cummings is the latest to be tested positive.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. And then gets run over by a combine harvester.

Chances are you'll get spotted driving a John Deere T670 down Whitehall, but worth a go.

Corona Virus on 19:41 - Mar 30 with 1599 viewsWarwickHunt

Corona Virus on 19:28 - Mar 30 by JACKMANANDBOY

Chances are you'll get spotted driving a John Deere T670 down Whitehall, but worth a go.

I have a cunning plan...
Corona Virus on 19:45 - Mar 30 with 1589 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 19:41 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

I have a cunning plan...

Paint it black and put a taxi sign on the roof?

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Mar 30 with 1551 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 18:32 - Mar 30 by JACKMANANDBOY

Trump has been is usual idiotic self, but there is a wider question starting in China about how this has been handled internationally.

Yes a typical hit piece by the Guardian.
Trump banned non US nationals from flying in to the USA from China on the 31st January.
Remind us again when any country did so before him.
Remind us when the UK did so, whoops they still haven't?
He did not ban US citizens from flying back on the 31st but put them in to 14 days quarantine, both actions against WHO guidelines.
He banned flights from Iran on the 29th of February, again when did the UK do so, nope still haven't?
He established the COVID White House Task Force led by Alex Azar on the 29th of January.
Boris Johnson held the first Cobra meeting on the 2nd March.

And the Guardian has the cheek to slam Trump, talk about double standards.

Only Asian countries that had been through previous epidemics did what South Korea did.
The rest of the world sat back and treated it like the Flu.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:00]
Corona Virus on 20:03 - Mar 30 with 1531 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 19:57 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes a typical hit piece by the Guardian.
Trump banned non US nationals from flying in to the USA from China on the 31st January.
Remind us again when any country did so before him.
Remind us when the UK did so, whoops they still haven't?
He did not ban US citizens from flying back on the 31st but put them in to 14 days quarantine, both actions against WHO guidelines.
He banned flights from Iran on the 29th of February, again when did the UK do so, nope still haven't?
He established the COVID White House Task Force led by Alex Azar on the 29th of January.
Boris Johnson held the first Cobra meeting on the 2nd March.

And the Guardian has the cheek to slam Trump, talk about double standards.

Only Asian countries that had been through previous epidemics did what South Korea did.
The rest of the world sat back and treated it like the Flu.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:00]

Italy. In answer to your question.
Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 30 with 1526 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The good news is that both Italy & Spain appear to be getting new cases under control with their Lockdowns.
Corona Virus on 20:26 - Mar 30 with 1920 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 20:04 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

The good news is that both Italy & Spain appear to be getting new cases under control with their Lockdowns.

I have stopped paying attention to the confirmed cases numbers as it’s all dependant on testing strategy within that particular country. Mortality numbers are a better metric IMO but even these are not 100% robust.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024