Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST update 11:09 - May 21 with 29502 viewspencoedjack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chairmans-update-season-tickets?_ccCt=eF8vuTSlM
ST update on 12:15 - Jun 3 with 2498 viewsChief

ST update on 10:27 - Jun 3 by jack247

Yes, absolutely.

The way they (and their predecessors during the latter years) ran the club, it was just about sustaining itself in the PL. We were wholly ill equipped for relegation, hence the fire sale and selling off the silver.

That doesn’t mean we can’t bring the odd free, loan or cheap player in. I’m sure we’ll get reasonable money for Rodon and maybe spend 10% of it in the summer.

The way I see it, they aren’t criminals, they are just speculators. Their gamble failed and they have distanced themselves accordingly.

Agree with this mainly. It was probably a speculative punt from some fairly wealthy people split 27ish ways to reduce the risk and they were probably naive by looking at Huws past record in thinking he could continue to replicate that&get dividends. They surely can't have realised how delicate our premier league status was at the time either&the plan was probably to sell us on.
Currently it's just a toy, yes they'll want a return but for the 27 what they put in isn't much for them. It probably provides a nice anecdote when they are networking at parties that they 'own' a football club. Also probably provides opportunities for jollies from across the pond and of course jobs for their mates and the odd 'consultancy' fee too.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

ST update on 12:38 - Jun 3 with 2470 viewsNeath_Jack

ST update on 10:34 - Jun 3 by Phil_S

We were indeed ill equipped for relegation and hampered totally by crazy contracts given to the likes of the returning Ayew and Bony to start with amongst many others.

The problems of the club started when the desire to sell became higher than the desire to protect and whilst eyes were off the ball bad decisions were taken without thought for the long term security of the football club.

Nobody could have predicted a global pandemic doing the damage that it has done but at the same time we were facing a financial disaster this summer anyway and would have been gambling on the sale of certain key players to keep us afloat

When you say financial disaster, what are you saying? Receivers being called in if we didn't sell, for example Joe Rodon for big bucks?

Those two words have jumped out at me tbh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

ST update on 12:42 - Jun 3 with 2463 viewsmonmouth

ST update on 12:38 - Jun 3 by Neath_Jack

When you say financial disaster, what are you saying? Receivers being called in if we didn't sell, for example Joe Rodon for big bucks?

Yes, the last paragraph woke me up too. I thought with all the contracts ending, this summer would be manageable in transition to self sufficiency rather than facing financial disaster without selling.

Edit - before pandemic I mean
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 12:52]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ST update on 12:46 - Jun 3 with 2453 viewsSwanjaxs

Let's face it, we basically didn't have a pot to pìss in before the pandemic.

With no prospect of any income for many months (except for new kit sales) the sale of Rodon will become crucial in the short term.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

ST update on 15:43 - Jun 3 with 2340 viewsthornabyswan

ST update on 12:46 - Jun 3 by Swanjaxs

With no prospect of any income for many months (except for new kit sales) the sale of Rodon will become crucial in the short term.

And the buying clubs will know this just hope we can get a reasonable price 15 minimum hopefully nearer 20m but I have my doubts we will get anywhere near that.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

ST update on 17:24 - Jun 3 with 2295 viewsSwansea93

Sunderland have told season ticket holders they will not be entitled to a refund for the remainder of games and will get a live stream instead.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

ST update on 17:42 - Jun 3 with 2282 viewsNeath_Jack

ST update on 12:42 - Jun 3 by monmouth

Yes, the last paragraph woke me up too. I thought with all the contracts ending, this summer would be manageable in transition to self sufficiency rather than facing financial disaster without selling.

Edit - before pandemic I mean
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 12:52]

Yeah that was what i was thinking, or maybe naively hoping.

Obviously i Didn't think we were going to be splashing money about, but I thought we had staved off any potential of going tits up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

ST update on 17:44 - Jun 3 with 2280 viewsNeath_Jack

ST update on 12:46 - Jun 3 by Swanjaxs

Aye I know we are on the bones of our arse, but financial disaster to me screams receivers being called in. Different ball game, and worrying to read that from a senior Trust bod.

Login to get fewer ads

ST update on 18:00 - Jun 3 with 2261 viewsPhil_S

Taking a step back the statement is possibly not the correct wording but I think it would be fair to say that the sale of a Joe Rodon would have been in the plans this summer and without that sale the pressure for next season would be tough

Not to the stage of the receivers being called in but the fall out of Premier League contracts with Championship wages is still being felt strong.
ST update on 18:17 - Jun 3 with 2242 viewsQJumpingJack

ST update on 17:24 - Jun 3 by Swansea93

Sunderland have told season ticket holders they will not be entitled to a refund for the remainder of games and will get a live stream instead.

there will be a small group (mainly elderly) who do not have access to the internet etc.
Lets hope clubs consider/help those who do not have the ability to stream.
ST update on 18:26 - Jun 3 with 2232 viewsperplex

Then these fans can take them if they wish on for not receiving what they payed for, if they want some of there money back then they will certainly be entitled to it.
ST update on 18:34 - Jun 3 with 2212 viewsNeath_Jack

ST update on 18:00 - Jun 3 by Phil_S

Taking a step back the statement is possibly not the correct wording but I think it would be fair to say that the sale of a Joe Rodon would have been in the plans this summer and without that sale the pressure for next season would be tough

Not to the stage of the receivers being called in but the fall out of Premier League contracts with Championship wages is still being felt strong.

Thanks for the clarification.

ST update on 18:35 - Jun 3 with 2211 viewsTreforys_Jack

There can be multiple season ticket holders living at the same address, so would be paying approximately £60 for a live stream. Not good customer relations.
ST update on 08:10 - Jun 4 with 2043 viewsWhiterockin

ST update on 18:35 - Jun 3 by Treforys_Jack

There can be multiple season ticket holders living at the same address, so would be paying approximately £60 for a live stream. Not good customer relations.

"Not good customer relations."

Its a load of bollux. You can't buy something then be given something else without your agreement.
ST update on 11:24 - Jun 4 with 1947 viewsNotLoyal

ST update on 18:00 - Jun 3 by Phil_S

So we are struggling even with parachute payments ?
That’s a worry.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

ST update on 13:56 - Jun 4 with 1884 viewsUplandsJack

ST update on 18:35 - Jun 3 by Treforys_Jack

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? Would you rather everyone get what £80 back and then see the club possibly go to the wall as a result? Well I for one certainly wouldn't.

Look the money was spent long ago by us season ticket holders. And before anyone spouts off, I do appreciate that some peoples circumstance may have changed due to the on-going pandemic. But in my opinion the club should just offer free links/access to the remaining games online, end of.
Im almost certain most, if not all would say watching the Swans in any form right now would be a welcome distraction.....

As for next season, well now that's another story.
ST update on 14:29 - Jun 4 with 1859 viewsQJumpingJack

It should be about choice for the season ticket holders.

The club should allow fans to decide if they want their season ticket money to go towards a live stream service or have a refund on the remaining games.

I would be amazed if a virtual season ticket can run smoothly for all fans with the season set to return in under 3 weeks. Quite a technological challenge especially when the streaming service has had problems when 13,000 fans have been inside the stadium.
ST update on 15:57 - Jun 4 with 1809 viewssainthelens

With me and my lad in same house/both season ticket holders....then I'd expect a refund as ..A. if they offer a streaming of games then we'd be outa pocket and B. As I've sky sports and the likelihood of at least 4 games televised anyway .
I await their announcement.

ST update on 16:04 - Jun 4 with 1801 viewsGaryjack

ST update on 16:09 - May 24 by monmouth

You can forget that.

In their eyes, they invested in units of a Hedge fund packaged asset, not in a football club. They risked the capital and volatility of returns on that investment. Surely no one in their right mind would buy more units in that fund, even if it were feasible.

What you are suggesting would be like shareholders of M&S refunding customers for returning their knickers.

The club could try and raise more capital, which (I think) is now allowed by the articles. If anyone was dull enough to stump up then that would dilute the trust, or be a high interest loan, given the perilous state of all clubs bar a dozen or so.

" they invested in units of a Hedge fund packaged asset, not in a football club."

LIES LIES LIES!

Mindy said on the telly that she's a Swans fan, and Oprah's going to invest as well!

ST update on 16:17 - Jun 4 with 1776 viewsTreforys_Jack

ST update on 13:56 - Jun 4 by UplandsJack

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? Would you rather everyone get what £80 back and then see the club possibly go to the wall as a result? Well I for one certainly wouldn't.

Look the money was spent long ago by us season ticket holders. And before anyone spouts off, I do appreciate that some peoples circumstance may have changed due to the on-going pandemic. But in my opinion the club should just offer free links/access to the remaining games online, end of.
Im almost certain most, if not all would say watching the Swans in any form right now would be a welcome distraction.....

We are in a far better position than many clubs, do you really think that refunding season ticket holders what they are entitled to will bankrupt the club. Don't fall for Birch's scaremongering, playing on our loyalty and guilt, shocking really. If it was 5yrs ago with the old board or even another local consortium then, they could keep my money without a doubt. A hedge fund, nah !!!!
ST update on 17:10 - Jun 4 with 1745 viewsmonmouth

£80 for people that would prefer to have it than have live streams will send the club to the wall, but Ayew taking £80,000 a week won't?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ST update on 22:31 - Jun 4 with 1612 viewsTreforys_Jack

If we did go to the wall, maybe a local business consortium could buy us and manage us accordingly, we'd be the envy of the football world, run by local people with the clubs best interest at heart. Imagine that !!!!!!!!
ST update on 22:55 - Jun 4 with 1590 viewsGowerjack

ST update on 22:31 - Jun 4 by Treforys_Jack

If we did go to the wall, maybe a local business consortium could buy us and manage us accordingly, we'd be the envy of the football world, run by local people with the clubs best interest at heart. Imagine that !!!!!!!!

Imagine if the trust had had the balls to have taken the sell outs to court when it was 1st put to the vote.

Imagine being so naive as to trust the snake oil salesmen who own our football club..

Could be sitting on £20 million now.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

ST update on 23:47 - Jun 4 with 1567 viewsTreforys_Jack

ST update on 22:55 - Jun 4 by Gowerjack

Imagine if the trust had had the balls to have taken the sell outs to court when it was 1st put to the vote.

Imagine being so naive as to trust the snake oil salesmen who own our football club..

Could be sitting on £20 million now.

Hi leigh
ST update on 03:14 - Jun 5 with 1533 viewsNotLoyal

If the club went to the wall due to 14000 season ticket holders x 100 (tops) all wanting refunds I would be looking elsewhere for the real cause.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024