Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers 18:19 - Feb 23 with 6633 viewspencoedjack

What gives them the right to think they should jump the queue on a vaccine?

Whilst they have been sat on their arse's for a 12 month getting full pay, a lot of us have been out working, others have lost their jobs or have been on 80% pay..

How about the volunteered to work some Saturday mornings or gave up some of their holidays to help kids catch up on their education.

Teachers on 08:50 - Feb 24 with 641 viewsScotia

My tuppence worth.

My Mother was a teacher. Seeing what she had to do put me off being a teacher for life. It's a route I could have taken, but to be honest it's too much like hard work and too rigid for me.

Teaching isn't a closed shop - if you think it's an easy life become one.
Teachers on 09:00 - Feb 24 with 633 viewsKeithHaynes

Teachers on 20:13 - Feb 23 by Fireboy2

Just wondering if anyone on this forum is a teacher and will raise their head above the parapet and tell penc exactly what they have been doing.

I know a few teachers and I can tell you that none of them have been sat on their @rses and none on them are lefties.

Something tells me he may have made his mind up 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Teachers on 09:02 - Feb 24 with 624 viewsKeithHaynes

Teachers on 21:22 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

I wouldn't actually have a problem with teachers getting the vaccine.

What has been done to children and their education during this pandemic has been a national scandal and one which will have repercussions for decades. Anything that eases the path of getting every child back into full time education needs to be seized upon.

I would have thought that teachers who will be coming in to contact with kids from all backgrounds and cultures in two weeks time would have been on a list of professions that would be considered a priority ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Teachers on 09:18 - Feb 24 with 619 viewsDr_Winston

Teachers on 09:02 - Feb 24 by KeithHaynes

I would have thought that teachers who will be coming in to contact with kids from all backgrounds and cultures in two weeks time would have been on a list of professions that would be considered a priority ?

Especially given the importance of what they do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Teachers on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 597 viewsScotia

Thinking of it now. My daughter is back in on Friday, her old teacher has quit teaching to go back to nursing. In a global pandemic.

She's either a hero or it's a better job.
Teachers on 09:59 - Feb 24 with 590 viewsProfessor

Teachers on 09:18 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Especially given the importance of what they do.

Keith/Dr W

This is the whole point. The ignorance or regurgitation of Mail/Telegraph opinion pieces (usually written by somebody in their garden room in the Home Counties) on here is perhaps one of the most offensive things I have seen.

Most schools are running 25-50% capacity already with key worker and vulnerable kids. The latter are the main SEN groups. My wife works in a primary. At present it is around 15 teaching assistants looking after around 100-150 kids on a daily basis. This has been the case for my wife since late April in either providing this support or in class-support for the SEN kids when fully open. At present the kids in school follow the same online learning as those at home with the TA support.

In the last year of around 35 staff, about half have had Covid, Some from other contacts but others from school. There have been four periods of self-isolation for my wife's year group bubble. They have to supply any PPE themselves. This is a well-managed school rated as outstanding by Ofsted.

It beggars belief that these staff in contact with far more potential asymptomatic carriers that almost anyone else outside healthcare, without the benefit of screens are not being vaccinated now. It makes no sense from an epidemiological standpoint. As for lefty teachers- for christ sake it's not the 1970s-the unions may be left wing, because that's where the activists are. Most teachers are just doing their best and want the same as everyone else.

The question I leave with are the likes of Pencoed and Pikey up for volunteering in schools to clean up kids who have defecated themselves. Deal with parents who fail to grasp concepts of social distancing-the tales of parties and trips during lockdown from the kids as an eye opener.

Of course those dealing with kids should be vaccinated. For their benefit and in helping control future surges of infection.
Teachers on 10:02 - Feb 24 with 586 viewspencoedjack

Teachers on 08:14 - Feb 24 by felixstowe_jack

They should wait there turn. There are many more deserving groups than teachers. Supermarket workers, transport workers, utility workers all these have kept the rest us fed , warm at home and able to do a lot of our work online.

Exactly I have worked all through the pandemic supplying the NHS, my wife who was offered furlough (due to history of cancer) continued to work in Boots throughout as she is not work shy like some.

Both of us are in our early 50's should some 20 something teacher be prioritized over me & my wife (& 1000's in the same situation).

All this bullshite about teachers working harder & longer throughout the pandemic I'm not buying it ...... Schools were totally shut last March (with the exception of key workers kids) this lasted up until their 6 week summer holiday.

Setting up on line learning? I'm not having the majority of PS posters believe this is a full working day for teachers especially looking at the content of what they have done in Bridgend.
Teachers on 10:17 - Feb 24 with 579 viewsFireboy2

You would like to think so K
Login to get fewer ads

Teachers on 10:29 - Feb 24 with 573 viewspencoedjack

Over 50's & above are deemed most venerable so who should give way to teachers?

Everyone who says they should be prioritized haven't said at whose expense.
Teachers on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 562 viewsonehunglow

Why would anyone ascertain which political party one belonged to before engaging in conversation.

I speak to people and must be going wrong as I don't know whether they are left,right or centre . Incredible .

With your and builthy's posting history,I cannot imagine either of you engaging with a rightie/Tory . Teachers Union not left wing then.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Teachers on 10:56 - Feb 24 with 556 viewsCatullus

Teachers on 10:29 - Feb 24 by pencoedjack

Over 50's & above are deemed most venerable so who should give way to teachers?

Everyone who says they should be prioritized haven't said at whose expense.

Over 50's with a pre-existing health condition are in group 6, my group, that actually covers 16-64 year olds.
50 plus who are fit and healthy are in group 9 of 10 groups.

It's not about it being at anyones expense, everyone can have the vaccine, it's just a matter of giving it to the most appropriate people first, in an order. Key workers should get the jabs first but key workers covers a lot of people, as many other people have now realised. Teachers are very much key workers. Not just because they have our kids in school so NHS, police, refuse collection etc can actually go to work but also because it's so important for our chidens futures.
If too many teachers are off sick or die (because many are older and/or with health problems) then kids cannot go to school. The knock on effect is other key workers not being able to go to work.
My son has had lessons every school day, even PE, his PE tacher comes online on zoom and they do exercises, or, there's a youtube video to follow and the teacher joins in. This morning he's fdone history, it was about the tussle for power after Edward the Confessor died. Now he's doing maths with the teacher online to answer questions.

What your local school is doing I don't know but my sons school is doing it's best.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Teachers on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 553 viewscontroversial_jack

It's been determined that teachers are not at any particularly high risk compared to other occupations or vulnerable age groups etc
Teachers on 11:21 - Feb 24 with 548 viewsNotLoyal

Teachers on 11:09 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

It's been determined that teachers are not at any particularly high risk compared to other occupations or vulnerable age groups etc

So why are they getting a jab then ?

As has been mentioned in a few weeks they are in close contact with classrooms with kids from everywhere in them. Different standards of hygiene, from families who still pathetically dismiss the virus etc. You can't tell me they aren't more susceptible to the virus than someone who doesn't.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Teachers on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 532 viewsmax936

Teachers on 11:09 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

Determined by who, ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Teachers on 11:57 - Feb 24 with 515 viewsonehunglow

Teachers on 11:21 - Feb 24 by NotLoyal

So why are they getting a jab then ?

As has been mentioned in a few weeks they are in close contact with classrooms with kids from everywhere in them. Different standards of hygiene, from families who still pathetically dismiss the virus etc. You can't tell me they aren't more susceptible to the virus than someone who doesn't.

Let's cut to the chase here.Forget the bollox.

Teachers often have to deal with the dregs of society who see any authority as a target to abuse. They face an uphill ,if hopeless task trying to instill some structure into many kids lives ,kids who've been abandoned by feckless fathers long since for society -U- to look after. Regardless of their politics-I really feel for them ;a job from hell as far as I am concerned.

Teachers are seen as a virtual social service where the kids are taken care of while mum gets on with her normal day or texting feckless friends from the comfort of her won pyjamas.

And schools stopping smoking from outside schools now" The utter swines.

Teachers need support and should absolutely be seen as key workers-few are more key than those who seek to educate our young for the future.

Teachers on 12:38 - Feb 24 with 506 viewspencoedjack

Teachers on 10:56 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Over 50's with a pre-existing health condition are in group 6, my group, that actually covers 16-64 year olds.
50 plus who are fit and healthy are in group 9 of 10 groups.

It's not about it being at anyones expense, everyone can have the vaccine, it's just a matter of giving it to the most appropriate people first, in an order. Key workers should get the jabs first but key workers covers a lot of people, as many other people have now realised. Teachers are very much key workers. Not just because they have our kids in school so NHS, police, refuse collection etc can actually go to work but also because it's so important for our chidens futures.
If too many teachers are off sick or die (because many are older and/or with health problems) then kids cannot go to school. The knock on effect is other key workers not being able to go to work.
My son has had lessons every school day, even PE, his PE tacher comes online on zoom and they do exercises, or, there's a youtube video to follow and the teacher joins in. This morning he's fdone history, it was about the tussle for power after Edward the Confessor died. Now he's doing maths with the teacher online to answer questions.

What your local school is doing I don't know but my sons school is doing it's best.

So I work for a company who supplies the NHS I am in group 9 or 10, should a teacher be prioritized above me?

If I didn't go to work & there was a requirement for a trauma case it wouldn't happen.

I can imagine doctors loving the thought of trying to sort out who between 50-65 are regarded as key workers & should be prioritised with teachers.

Why not shut schools for an additional 4 weeks, make teachers take it as holidays & work through the summer months?

I tell you why it wont work as they are civil servants who get the best of both worlds pay & time off.
Teachers on 12:40 - Feb 24 with 505 viewsProfessor

Teachers on 11:57 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

Let's cut to the chase here.Forget the bollox.

Teachers often have to deal with the dregs of society who see any authority as a target to abuse. They face an uphill ,if hopeless task trying to instill some structure into many kids lives ,kids who've been abandoned by feckless fathers long since for society -U- to look after. Regardless of their politics-I really feel for them ;a job from hell as far as I am concerned.

Teachers are seen as a virtual social service where the kids are taken care of while mum gets on with her normal day or texting feckless friends from the comfort of her won pyjamas.

And schools stopping smoking from outside schools now" The utter swines.

Teachers need support and should absolutely be seen as key workers-few are more key than those who seek to educate our young for the future.

I'm pretty liberal, and you know where I live-it's a decent small town. Yet what I hear from my wife echoes that, albeit a small but significant proportion.

I went and did an afternoon (about animals-I have a box of bones and skulls which kids love) with the husband of once of wife's then NHS colleagues in a Toxteth Primary -a good few years ago. That was an eye opener.
Teachers on 12:47 - Feb 24 with 500 viewsTreforys_Jack

Penc, Felix , I tried bringing a little light heartedness last night initially, but you've carried on today without pausing to recognise there are decent hard working teachers out there. I'm actually (and this is 100% serious) quite hurt and offended at some of the comments made at the whole profession. Feel quite sorry for Mrs TF, (and Gwyn)who care so much and put so much in only to be slurred this way from behind a keyboard.
The fact you called them "lazy left wing tossers" is an absolute disgrace.
You must have had a really bad experience or as the Prof says taken in by the daily mail and the like.
Teachers on 12:50 - Feb 24 with 488 viewsonehunglow

Teachers on 12:40 - Feb 24 by Professor

I'm pretty liberal, and you know where I live-it's a decent small town. Yet what I hear from my wife echoes that, albeit a small but significant proportion.

I went and did an afternoon (about animals-I have a box of bones and skulls which kids love) with the husband of once of wife's then NHS colleagues in a Toxteth Primary -a good few years ago. That was an eye opener.

Tocky!

Im still on a facebook group of my old troops whilst stationed at Admiral Street.

Ive discussed writing a book of my experiences there with Keith and he' given me guidance .

Shamefully,I haven't found the perseverance but it has led me to admire authors-of anything,whether it be your estimable offerings or junk novels .

btw,I shall be racing up Grammar School Lane today as part of my fitness regime. Going down is scary though

Teachers on 13:02 - Feb 24 with 487 viewspencoedjack

Teachers on 12:47 - Feb 24 by Treforys_Jack

Penc, Felix , I tried bringing a little light heartedness last night initially, but you've carried on today without pausing to recognise there are decent hard working teachers out there. I'm actually (and this is 100% serious) quite hurt and offended at some of the comments made at the whole profession. Feel quite sorry for Mrs TF, (and Gwyn)who care so much and put so much in only to be slurred this way from behind a keyboard.
The fact you called them "lazy left wing tossers" is an absolute disgrace.
You must have had a really bad experience or as the Prof says taken in by the daily mail and the like.

My 2nd post I corrected myself & said there was a small % of teachers who have done their job in going to school & teaching key workers kids (a lot of other professions have continued to go to work).

It seems both Mrs TF & Gwyn fall into that category & rightfully you should be proud.

For the record I don't read the mail but I do have very strong principles on doing what's right for everyone.
Teachers on 13:53 - Feb 24 with 464 viewsCatullus

Teachers on 11:36 - Feb 24 by max936

Determined by who, ?

Probably the same people who decide that kids weren't catching and spreading it, that it wasn't being spread in shops.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Teachers on 13:59 - Feb 24 with 454 viewsonehunglow

Politics at the very core of our being,clearly.
To be independent of their dogma is the greatest gift any parent could give to their kids instead of imbuing them with class hatred

Teachers on 15:27 - Feb 24 with 439 viewscontroversial_jack

Teachers on 13:53 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Probably the same people who decide that kids weren't catching and spreading it, that it wasn't being spread in shops.

Determined that teachers are not priority
Teachers on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 435 viewsmagicdaps10

It baffles me on how people knock teachers.... Knock what they do, how many holidays they get, what they get paid etc etc!
It sounds like a free ride and on a good wage.... The perfect job to go in for BUT yet those people who moan are not In that line of work or not even close to being educated enough for that line of work.

The majority of teachers have carried on working albeit from home like many other people in other lines of work who still get paid their full wage, many are still going in a day or so a week to look after key workers kids and yet still have to produce online work for the other children for that day....trust me when I say this and its from experience that the job is more intense and with more pressure as it stands today.

I could go on even more but I will throw in that alot of teachers are doing what I have mentioned whilst home schooling their own children.

As for the answer, surely teachers have to be vaccinated... But let's get something right, choice of being vaccinated sooner will not be in their hands!
If someone walked into your workplace and said "do you want to be vaccinated this week?" and you then take that offer up.... How would you react if someone then had a go at you for having the vaccination?

If I was offered the vaccination tommorow then I would have it but I like teachers are not in control of when we can have it or if we can have it before anyone else.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Teachers on 15:52 - Feb 24 with 433 viewsmagicdaps10

Teachers on 11:36 - Feb 24 by max936

Determined by who, ?

Probably by the same clowns who originally said that the virus wasn't being spread in schools..... We all knew how that ended.

What hope do teachers have when parents send their kids to school with opinions like the OP, respect is lost Right from the start.

Vaccinate the teachers I say, teaching in a shool with over 1k children, those children coming into contact with just 4 different people in their household then takes that total of 5k people.... That number will likely be more when you thrown grandparents, aunties, uncles,cousins and friends.

Tell me another occupation where you could be affected by those sorts of numbers?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024