Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH 11:23 - Feb 25 with 15636 viewsNotLoyal

English Football Championship
Swansea City v Bristol City
Saturday 27th February 2021
Kick off 3pm
Liberty Stadium

TV : SWANS TV
RADIO : BBC RADIO WALES & TALK SPORT 2

Match officials
KEITH STROUD
Jonathan Hunt and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official : Scott Tallis

It’s good to see Keith from Stroud in charge of this game, he hasn’t got that far to drive and can get a lift back on the Bristol City team coach if he parks up on the M4/M5 junction. Lovely kebab van near there too, think about it Keith, it’s definitely an option pal.

Keith from Stroud will probably park up near the kebab van next to the M4/M5 and jump on the Wurzel bus to the Liberty

Stroud last officiated a swans game on December 2nd 2020 when Middlesbrough beat the swans 2-1. He booked Grimes and Dhanda that day because he was scared of Neil Warnock. Steve Cooper didn’t bother him that much, but that was before Andy Woolmer went looking for it. We do have information that Stroud is now a bit concerned about this game because he doesn’t like Cooper either. We think, it might not be true, but if it is then it’s almost certainly correct. Stroud was also the ref for the first leg play off against Brentford last year, that night he went a bit nuts, but recovered well enough to drive home.

Stroud always kisses the ball and has avoided Covid all season by drinking a litre of turpentine before and after each match

Obviously all of us here at Swansea Independent urge you not to drink turpentine, unless you are in Newcastle with Hoddle and Waddle singing their number one classic tune about cleaning paint brushes in the fog.

Matches against Bristol City generally close affairs except the 2005 game which the swans won 7-1. The robins manager, Brian Tinnion, sat on the away bench after the game for three days, he was eventually removed by court order.

Brian Tin Tin Tinnion no relation to Stephen Tin Tin Duffy, but equally as shit

Cardiff City’s main rivals, Bristol City visit the Liberty and will have to drive past Cardiff on the M4 which will of course terrify them, what with this big rivalry between the two clubs that isn’t. This game would have been ear marked for an easy three points a few weeks ago, but much has changed. Nigel Pearson, that throat grabbing box of fun is the newly appointed manager and the Robins as they are known have new orange chests and feathers.

New robins manager Nigel ‘the strangler get a grip on yourself ‘ Pearson

Bristol City are commonly known as the fans who don’t turn up alongside Cardiff who are the fans who make things up, and East Stirlingshire who are in Scotland. Incredibly the dialect in Bristol is known as Wurzel, we had a look at typical sayings in Wurzel Bristol, and they basically were the same as everywhere else, which almost places them in the ‘making things up’ bracket with Cardiff.

They played for both sides

Lee Trundle

Steve Torpey

There are others but I can’t be bothered.

Early team news

Swansea City
Kyle Naughton suffered an injury during the second half against Coventry City. Wayne Routledge is still out as is Liam Cullen. It’s looking like Ryan Bennett won’t make this game either which is a huge blow again for the swans.

The swans ( as we know them ) have won eight of their last eleven league games, drawing two and losing only one. The club by all accounts is in crisis.

Burzle City
The tractor will be somewhat empty as Angela Lansbury is out, as is Alfie Mawson. Weimann is also out and a bloke called O’Dowda. And another bloke called Martin and Dasilva too. Oh, and that Watkins fella.

Bristol City won last time out 3-1 at Middlesbrough. They lost the previous seven matches on the bounce. The last time they won was 2-1 against Huddersfield Town in January, yes them.

Current League Table

More to follow most likely.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:08 - Feb 27 with 1434 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Feb 27 by LittleEnglandJack

Cooper not at fault today. Should have ran away with the game first half. Got a bit lucky with the pen but deserved it after the first half if not the start to the 2nd.

The goals were poor individual errors- concerning that we've conceded 7 in a week now, and only scored 3.

But we didn’t run away with it, they changed it, and Cooper didn’t react again.

He’s a poor manager with a cracking coach in Margetson. That Bristol city team were down to bare bones.

That’s all I’ll say about it I can’t be bothered to get in rows with clueless Man Utd fans on here.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:11 - Feb 27 with 1387 viewsBadlands

I'm waiting for the posts blaming Cabango for Guehi and Woodman's screw ups.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1364 viewsswancity

Brilliant first half but sadly we were awful in the second half.

But anyone trying to suggest that it was the managers fault are living on cloud cuckoo land or with an ongoing agenda.

Very disappointed tonight that second half takes some believing doesn’t it. 😩

Onwards to Stoke now

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1358 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:08 - Feb 27 by 34dfgdf54

But we didn’t run away with it, they changed it, and Cooper didn’t react again.

He’s a poor manager with a cracking coach in Margetson. That Bristol city team were down to bare bones.

That’s all I’ll say about it I can’t be bothered to get in rows with clueless Man Utd fans on here.

I'm more than happy to criticise Cooper but he isn't the reason we lost that game today. He could have changed things quicker after the equaliser but he can't legislate for Grimes, Hourihane and Guehi making a right effing meal of it between them and gifting them a game changing goal.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:16 - Feb 27 with 1339 viewsraynor94

I've backed Freddie on here all season, but no excuse for him at all today.

How on earth did we lose that after that first half performance.

7 goals in a week not good!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:19 - Feb 27 with 1310 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:54 - Feb 27 by Highjack

Missing chances cost us. Game management (whatever the hell that is) wouldn’t have mattered if we’d gone in three up like we should have.

For me 3 things cost us today :-

1. Missed chances & weak refereeing decisions in the first half.
2. Poor individual mistakes on all 3 of their goals - Woodman in particular at fault.
3. Once they equalised against the run of play it gave them a lift (as goals tend to) & we did not react either on the pitch or from the touch line - for me players at fault yes but so was Cooper.

We got lucky with the peno but almost looked like we were embarrassed about it & stood back to see what Bristol would/could do.

Whilst I fully expect Cooper to stay true to his first choice players for next week - & I get that - but I’d be suggesting Woodman, Hourihane, Dhanda, Lowe & possibly Bidders all need a bench seat to give us some fresh impetus (or prove the fringe/squad players are not good enough) & see what Hamer, Smith, Fulton, Whittaker & Manning can do.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:22 - Feb 27 with 1267 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:14 - Feb 27 by LittleEnglandJack

I'm more than happy to criticise Cooper but he isn't the reason we lost that game today. He could have changed things quicker after the equaliser but he can't legislate for Grimes, Hourihane and Guehi making a right effing meal of it between them and gifting them a game changing goal.

You talk far too much sense for some of our less informed, miserably twp posters to grasp. Some are unable to think (or speak) clearly under pressure. It all becomes hot heated irrational speak.

1st half was like the good old days, and glimpses of us bettering Cardiff this term. As you say, 2nd half errors cost us. Yet some twps are now shouting "Game Management" when the only 'game management' they shouted real time was the most obvious change of hooking the ineffective Dhanda. Some posters should find another hobby.

When the going gets tough our most miserable posters show their true colours.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:32 - Feb 27 with 1179 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:22 - Feb 27 by AndyCole

You talk far too much sense for some of our less informed, miserably twp posters to grasp. Some are unable to think (or speak) clearly under pressure. It all becomes hot heated irrational speak.

1st half was like the good old days, and glimpses of us bettering Cardiff this term. As you say, 2nd half errors cost us. Yet some twps are now shouting "Game Management" when the only 'game management' they shouted real time was the most obvious change of hooking the ineffective Dhanda. Some posters should find another hobby.

When the going gets tough our most miserable posters show their true colours.

Like so many of Cooper's games since being with us.
Good / excellent 1st half ... he gets them in at half time and pooooof .... dire second half.
A quick call to SE25 needed IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:34 - Feb 27 with 1156 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:16 - Feb 27 by raynor94

I agree about Woody

Hope Dhanda never pulls on a Swans jersey again he’s gash
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:36 - Feb 27 with 1140 viewsChief

Yea this is it now.

Play games and defend well without creating many chances, nick a goal and win = Cooper's a clown.

Play games, dominate, play more openly, without regular CB partnership, against team with new manager, MoM keeper, 3 cleared off line, 3 sitters missed by us, 2 penalty appeals turned down, ref declining to send off their player, a corner going straight in, lucky bounce for their first = Cooper's a clown.

Stop defaulting to your default position and evaluate the game fairly.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:37 - Feb 27 with 1129 viewsCatullus

I see people saying if this or of that....never mind what didn't happen look at what did happen.

People saying we can't blame so and so or we can't blame Cooper....they are all to blame, they carry collective responsibility, win as a team, lose as a team.

We couldn't score from open play, we conceded 3 goals, we stopped pushing after we scored and let Bristol back into it. Woodman had a mare, Cooper didn't use subs to try and change the game (part of game management that by the way) until late on, individual errors....people won't like this but Hourihane has upset the balance of the team. I thought his quality would be good for us but it hasn't turned out like that.

The biggest problem has to be when you dominate a half as much as we did but fail to score. You have to score when you're on top otherwise, well, today....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:38 - Feb 27 with 1127 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:34 - Feb 27 by pencoedjack

I agree about Woody

He was a disgrace today, his attitude stinks
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:39 - Feb 27 with 1123 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:32 - Feb 27 by Badlands

Like so many of Cooper's games since being with us.
Good / excellent 1st half ... he gets them in at half time and pooooof .... dire second half.
A quick call to SE25 needed IMO.

Pathetic, who you going to replace him with?

Be careful what you wish for.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:41 - Feb 27 with 1116 viewsChief

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:37 - Feb 27 by Catullus

I see people saying if this or of that....never mind what didn't happen look at what did happen.

People saying we can't blame so and so or we can't blame Cooper....they are all to blame, they carry collective responsibility, win as a team, lose as a team.

We couldn't score from open play, we conceded 3 goals, we stopped pushing after we scored and let Bristol back into it. Woodman had a mare, Cooper didn't use subs to try and change the game (part of game management that by the way) until late on, individual errors....people won't like this but Hourihane has upset the balance of the team. I thought his quality would be good for us but it hasn't turned out like that.

The biggest problem has to be when you dominate a half as much as we did but fail to score. You have to score when you're on top otherwise, well, today....

Cooper did make subs. And one missed a sitter from dead central with time though!

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 1097 viewsFlashberryjack

Well that was frustratingly disappointing, I know there's a long way to go before the seasons end, but I think automatic promotion has gone.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:43 - Feb 27 with 1086 viewsChief

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:34 - Feb 27 by pencoedjack

I agree about Woody

I know it's hurting but grow up.

Was it Dhanda who missed open goals, didn't send their player off or kicked the ball against their striker so it deflected in?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:43 - Feb 27 with 1085 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:16 - Feb 27 by raynor94

He has been poor compared to last season
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:47 - Feb 27 with 1066 viewsChief

Have a deep breath some of you ffs. That's 2 losses in 11 and we obviously had dollops of horrible luck today.

Some of the comments here are tantamount to what we accuse others team's fans of 'melting down'. With great glee.

Come on its embarrassing.

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 1038 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Feb 27 by theloneranger

The ref made that decision for Pearson to change to a back 4 by not giving the red card to their wing back, and allowing the substitution.

Cooper took too long with his subs and any change in formation to counter Bristol, but the team on the pitch sat back with No captaincy.

Freddie won't sleep tonight!!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 17:09]

Yep, Ref should have sent the WB off, 2nd yellow clear as day.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 1034 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:42 - Feb 27 by Flashberryjack

Well that was frustratingly disappointing, I know there's a long way to go before the seasons end, but I think automatic promotion has gone.

Cardiff were looking at relegation four weeks back.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 18:08 - Feb 27 with 963 viewsChief

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:51 - Feb 27 by NotLoyal

Cardiff were looking at relegation four weeks back.

Exactly. We could be outside the play offs in a month

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 18:12 - Feb 27 with 948 viewsDr_Winston

Need to show we can do more than nick a goal or two then hold on for grim death. If we start leaking more goals then that's going to get very ugly very quickly.

Still a frustrating lack of proactivity from Cooper, whether it be selecting the basic same XI game in, game out or largely ignoring the subs bench until it's too late in games for them to make a difference.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 18:14 - Feb 27 with 933 viewsangryjack

I agree about Woody

Dhanda good player...Lowe needs pack football in
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 18:16 - Feb 27 with 919 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 18:14 - Feb 27 by angryjack

Dhanda good player...Lowe needs pack football in

Lol here we go 😂😂
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 18:17 - Feb 27 with 916 viewsshingle

Personally i think the position we are in is a bit of a false dawn, i have never been convinced that we are good enough for a top two finish, it just seems we have been having the rub of the green for a while now, it seems reality is starting to take its course, the best we can hope for is a play off place but i suspect that will be touch and go, hope i am wrong mind you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024