Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begum 10:02 - Feb 26 with 7727 viewsonehunglow

Appeal dismissed then.

Great decision.

Off you go ,girl

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Begum on 19:40 - Feb 26 with 629 viewstrampie

Begum on 19:16 - Feb 26 by Boundy

At least she's still breathing , unlike many of ISIS's victims both here and abroad .
Lucky ( so far that is ) that we have a legal system which weighed the pros and cons of allowing her back into the UK and rejected her appeal and good on them for it .

How come they have apparently let hundreds of male Isis fighters back in this country ?
Why are they treating her differently to all those male Isis fighters that are apparently back in Blighty ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Begum on 19:42 - Feb 26 with 623 viewsLohengrin

Begum on 19:40 - Feb 26 by trampie

How come they have apparently let hundreds of male Isis fighters back in this country ?
Why are they treating her differently to all those male Isis fighters that are apparently back in Blighty ?

Good question. How many of them do you reckon were working for MI6?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Begum on 19:43 - Feb 26 with 622 viewsBoundy

Begum on 19:22 - Feb 26 by londonlisa2001

“ unlike many of ISIS's victims both here and abroad”

No one is disputing the abject horror of Isis.

The only question is whether as a British person she should be subject to British law and the right to a British trial.

It’s a slippery slope to start saying some people or crimes result in that basic right being denied. At the end of the day it’s those rights that make us better than Isis.

The question was answered today , no she has no right to return as she is no longer a UK citizen . This may shock you but showing ISIS that our system of "rights" will deter them from attacking the civilised world ain't going to happen , appeasement normally has the opposite effect.Strange that the focus is directed on one individual, can you without googling it name one of ISIS's many victims, probably not, and yet they're the ones who have had the right to justice denied them. she's had her day in court.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Begum on 19:51 - Feb 26 with 604 viewslondonlisa2001

Begum on 19:43 - Feb 26 by Boundy

The question was answered today , no she has no right to return as she is no longer a UK citizen . This may shock you but showing ISIS that our system of "rights" will deter them from attacking the civilised world ain't going to happen , appeasement normally has the opposite effect.Strange that the focus is directed on one individual, can you without googling it name one of ISIS's many victims, probably not, and yet they're the ones who have had the right to justice denied them. she's had her day in court.

I understand why the Court have ruled as they have. I disagree with her being stripped of her citizenship in the first place.

I didn’t mention showing Isis who is better or appeasing them. I’m saying it’s us having rights that makes us objectively better - I don’t give a toss what a bunch of murderous thugs think one way or the other.

Yes, I could. But it’s not a contest. Again, that’s my point. It’s what makes us better than them. And she hasn’t. She’s been denied it. Which is the problem in my opinion.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 19:52]
Begum on 19:53 - Feb 26 with 595 viewstrampie

Begum on 19:42 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

Good question. How many of them do you reckon were working for MI6?

Good question from you also Lohengrin, we were basically fighting on the same side as ISIS trying to achieve regime change to get our own puppet in charge no doubt and effectively opposing Iran and Russia, so I would not be surprised if MI6 was involved.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Begum on 20:06 - Feb 26 with 570 viewsFlashberryjack

Expect a lot of them may have come back by dinghy, or hitched a lift on the back of a lorry.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Begum on 20:17 - Feb 26 with 555 viewsBoundy

No idea if its "apparently" true .
I imagine that all decisions are based on individual cases and although other precedents may have taken place it doesn't necessarily follow that should be the basest of a defence teams argument and if it was then it obviously wasn't enough to win her appeal .

Begum on 20:33 - Feb 26 with 540 viewsBoundy

Begum on 19:51 - Feb 26 by londonlisa2001

I understand why the Court have ruled as they have. I disagree with her being stripped of her citizenship in the first place.

I didn’t mention showing Isis who is better or appeasing them. I’m saying it’s us having rights that makes us objectively better - I don’t give a toss what a bunch of murderous thugs think one way or the other.

Yes, I could. But it’s not a contest. Again, that’s my point. It’s what makes us better than them. And she hasn’t. She’s been denied it. Which is the problem in my opinion.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 19:52]

A holier than thou attitude or we're better than them no matter how warm and snuggly it may make one feel inside will not protect the citizens of any country from attacks by fanatics. We as citizens have very little opportunity to fight back against those who wish to do us harm therefore I can take comfort that it was the legal system which acted on our behalf to mete out a certain level of justice .

Login to get fewer ads

Begum on 20:55 - Feb 26 with 519 viewstrampie

Begum on 20:17 - Feb 26 by Boundy

No idea if its "apparently" true .
I imagine that all decisions are based on individual cases and although other precedents may have taken place it doesn't necessarily follow that should be the basest of a defence teams argument and if it was then it obviously wasn't enough to win her appeal .

janicehalldg (@janicehallDG) Tweeted: @MaggieOliverUK Approximately 400 former ISIS fighters have been permitted to return to the UK. You have to ask yourself, why is SHE different?

#female #WomenAreWatching
https://t.co/UUdazdtOJ8

Begum on 21:08 - Feb 26 with 502 viewsDr_Parnassus

Begum on 20:55 - Feb 26 by trampie

janicehalldg (@janicehallDG) Tweeted: @MaggieOliverUK Approximately 400 former ISIS fighters have been permitted to return to the UK. You have to ask yourself, why is SHE different?

#female #WomenAreWatching
https://t.co/UUdazdtOJ8

What a bonkers feminist.

They really are an incredible phenomenon, the modern feminist. They have about as much self awareness as Begum herself.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Begum on 21:11 - Feb 26 with 497 viewstrampie

400 odd Isis fighters let back in here but for some reason they won't let her in.

Begum on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 492 viewsDr_Parnassus

Begum on 21:11 - Feb 26 by trampie

400 odd Isis fighters let back in here but for some reason they won't let her in.

Britain must hate women I reckon... innit

Begum on 21:22 - Feb 26 with 476 viewstrampie

Begum on 21:14 - Feb 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Britain must hate women I reckon... innit

Do you mean England ?, a woman could divorce here husband if they had been married for 7 years and claim half his possessions in Wales in the 9th century, the English are known historically not to give women any rights, not sure about modern times do English women still walk 2 yards behind men over there ?

Begum on 21:22 - Feb 26 with 474 viewsDr_Parnassus

Of course however, the common sense view would be she is not being allowed back in because she is viewed as a significant threat and had her citizenship revoked when joining a terrorist organisation... As they did with nearly 1000 ISIS fighters and Brides that had duel nationality upon leaving. To make out she is the only one is silly, not even close to the truth.

Begum on 21:24 - Feb 26 with 464 viewscontroversial_jack

Begum on 21:11 - Feb 26 by trampie

Security services have deemed them not be a threat to the UK, but apparently she is. Very odd!
Begum on 21:25 - Feb 26 with 462 viewsDr_Parnassus

Begum on 21:22 - Feb 26 by trampie

Do you mean England ?, a woman could divorce here husband if they had been married for 7 years and claim half his possessions in Wales in the 9th century, the English are known historically not to give women any rights, not sure about modern times do English women still walk 2 yards behind men over there ?

What rights don’t woman have in England?

Or did you base the mused reasons behind the Begum decision on what you felt the view towards women was in the 9th Century?

Probably where you are going wrong.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 21:26]

Begum on 21:27 - Feb 26 with 460 viewstrampie

Begum on 21:22 - Feb 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course however, the common sense view would be she is not being allowed back in because she is viewed as a significant threat and had her citizenship revoked when joining a terrorist organisation... As they did with nearly 1000 ISIS fighters and Brides that had duel nationality upon leaving. To make out she is the only one is silly, not even close to the truth.

Who says she is the only one ?

There again she was a minor when she ran away, so I wonder if she is the only female, minor who only has a British passport not to be allowed back in ?

Begum on 21:29 - Feb 26 with 454 viewstrampie

Begum on 21:25 - Feb 26 by Dr_Parnassus

What rights don’t woman have in England?

Or did you base the mused reasons behind the Begum decision on what you felt the view towards women was in the 9th Century?

Probably where you are going wrong.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 21:26]

The Welsh love the ladies, Anglo Saxons apparently not so much.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 21:56]

Begum on 21:30 - Feb 26 with 453 viewsDr_Parnassus

Begum on 21:24 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

Security services have deemed them not be a threat to the UK, but apparently she is. Very odd!

You cannot strip someone of their nationality leaving them stateless.

How many ISIS fighters have come back is not remotely relevant. Britain could not stop many returning, the cases aren’t even remotely similar.

Begum is one of 800 that had their citizenship revoked as they already had duel nationality. This is the product of that. Nothing strange or sinister about it.

She doesn’t have British citizenship, she joined a terrorist organisation. They have decided not to take her in. I can obviously see why.

Begum on 21:31 - Feb 26 with 452 views1462jack

Begum on 21:27 - Feb 26 by trampie

Who says she is the only one ?

There again she was a minor when she ran away, so I wonder if she is the only female, minor who only has a British passport not to be allowed back in ?

As Darran would say f@ck her let me tell you when I was 15 I knew wright from wrong
Begum on 21:31 - Feb 26 with 451 viewsDr_Parnassus

Begum on 21:29 - Feb 26 by trampie

The Welsh love the ladies, Anglo Saxons apparently not so much.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 21:56]

Yeah you said that. What rights don’t women have in England?

Or are you just being silly again?

Begum on 21:35 - Feb 26 with 438 viewsBoundy

Begum on 21:24 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

If you feel that strongly about the poor dear start a petition.

Begum on 21:38 - Feb 26 with 436 viewsBoundy

Begum on 21:22 - Feb 26 by trampie

Perhaps you should travel out of the valleys butt to find out , there's a whole new world waiting to be discovered , just for me

Begum on 22:18 - Feb 26 with 408 viewstrampie

Begum on 21:38 - Feb 26 by Boundy

Perhaps you should travel out of the valleys butt to find out , there's a whole new world waiting to be discovered , just for me

I've done my fair share of travelling and come to the conclusion that the best place in the World is Wales.

Begum on 22:29 - Feb 26 with 394 viewsCatullus

Begum on 22:18 - Feb 26 by trampie

I've done my fair share of travelling and come to the conclusion that the best place in the World is Wales.

Rhodes for me, lovely people, lovely weather, lovely sea, a bit dry but better than too wet.

It's irrelevant though.

There are people everywhere who treat other people badly, because of their sex, gender, colour, religion or any other number of reasons.

It gets harder every day to say what is right, specilally when waht is legal often doesn't match our idea of what is right.

Honesty is such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024