Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club announcement pending 20:58 - Jul 20 with 35688 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorry we can’t bring any more than this at the moment, but it’s only fair we place on record we are told the club are about to make an announcement. It would be wrong to speculate any further at this time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Club announcement pending on 22:51 - Jul 20 with 2165 viewsbuilthjack

Club announcement pending on 21:49 - Jul 20 by CrossJack

Fabulous shout did a phenomenal job at Granada

Wasn't he with the BBC ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Club announcement pending on 22:54 - Jul 20 with 2137 viewsmax936

Club announcement pending on 22:50 - Jul 20 by AndyCole

Innit. But with who in charge ? Who do the fans want ?

Cooper is in charge and until that changes one way or the other, he's in charge.
Who comes in if he does go, I've no idea.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Club announcement pending on 23:03 - Jul 20 with 2080 viewsCatullus

Club announcement pending on 22:50 - Jul 20 by AndyCole

Innit. But with who in charge ? Who do the fans want ?

Several names have been mentioned, again. It doesn't matter who the fans want though, the fans will not pick the next manager.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Club announcement pending on 23:05 - Jul 20 with 2061 viewsTreforys_Jack

Club announcement pending on 23:03 - Jul 20 by Catullus

Several names have been mentioned, again. It doesn't matter who the fans want though, the fans will not pick the next manager.

Exactly, just want rid of Cooperball.
Club announcement pending on 23:09 - Jul 20 with 2029 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper : The final days are here 20th Jul 2021 23:01
After a few weeks of speculation Steve Cooper spoke directly to the external media on Tuesday evening. Although the questions could have been far better framed, and more in depth, Coopers responses were not that of a man committed to his job or his club, he said nothing positive. And he gave no assurances. 1

Club announcement pending on 23:28 - Jul 20 with 1921 viewsKeithHaynes

Club announcement pending on 22:38 - Jul 20 by majorraglan

Indeed. If he was part of the National media scene and went from club to club every other day, he could afford to ask a few awkward questions and alienate a club or manager, but as he’s local and reliant on repeat conferences with the same people he can’t afford to “bite the hand that feeds him” and to be honest I don’t blame him. Ending up persona non grata for the sake of 1 story is rally going to endear him to the editor.

Our policy too 👍 But harsher.

Club announcement pending on 23:30 - Jul 20 with 1904 viewsTenbySwan

That's that then.

Must admit I switched off tonight with 10 min to go. I never leave early but it was very uninspiring and Curtis said in commentary that our squad this year is looking much weaker than last year.
Club announcement pending on 23:55 - Jul 20 with 1822 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 23:30 - Jul 20 by TenbySwan

That's that then.

Must admit I switched off tonight with 10 min to go. I never leave early but it was very uninspiring and Curtis said in commentary that our squad this year is looking much weaker than last year.

The squad has been weaker year on year since we were relegated.

The fact that finishing position has increased year on year is utterly jaw dropping in reality. It makes no logical sense at all.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Club announcement pending on 00:28 - Jul 21 with 1772 viewsNotLoyal

Definitely ripped twitter a new one tonight mate.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Club announcement pending on 00:48 - Jul 21 with 1748 viewsFireboy2

Club announcement pending on 22:08 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

Sounds like nothing has really changed all summer.

Club want Cooper gone but would rather have had compo than pay him off. Cooper wants out but won't sacrifice a payoff and can't find anyone else desperate enough to take him yet.

This ^ in a nutshell.
Club announcement pending on 01:25 - Jul 21 with 1706 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 00:48 - Jul 21 by Fireboy2

This ^ in a nutshell.

If the nutshell was extremely biased, then maybe.

Club announcement pending on 05:51 - Jul 21 with 1533 viewsWhiterockin

Club announcement pending on 01:25 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Maybe its not a rose tinted nutshell.
Club announcement pending on 06:40 - Jul 21 with 1470 viewsjack247

Club announcement pending on 01:25 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s exactly how it’s looking though. Still just speculation at this point, but it does look as if both he and the club want to go separate ways.
Club announcement pending on 08:12 - Jul 21 with 1279 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 06:40 - Jul 21 by jack247

That’s exactly how it’s looking though. Still just speculation at this point, but it does look as if both he and the club want to go separate ways.

Depends if that’s how you want to look at it. We know nothing at all, so anything is just pure speculation, usually depending on which way inclined you are.

I could quite as easily say that Cooper is unhappy that he was promised a budget to work with in order to continue his project here instead of going to Palace (or a mammoth pay rise), they were in deep negotiations to get him to stay and they aren’t coming through with it currently due to financial issues which is causing a stand off.

Once that speculation has been made aloud, then it equally looks like that too. It will look like anything anyone wants it to, in short.

Personally I think it makes absolutely zero sense that a club wants to get rid of a manager that has just achieved the joint record points tally in our history at this level and takes an ever reducing budget and turns it into ever increasing finishing positions.

I think it’s a contract wrangle personally. Cooper wants to be paid in line with what he is delivering, the club don’t want to tie themselves to such a large financial commitment. I think it’s equally likely we will be seeing a new contract emerging where they meet somewhere in the middle.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 8:15]

Club announcement pending on 08:33 - Jul 21 with 1218 viewsvetchonian

Club announcement pending on 08:12 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Depends if that’s how you want to look at it. We know nothing at all, so anything is just pure speculation, usually depending on which way inclined you are.

I could quite as easily say that Cooper is unhappy that he was promised a budget to work with in order to continue his project here instead of going to Palace (or a mammoth pay rise), they were in deep negotiations to get him to stay and they aren’t coming through with it currently due to financial issues which is causing a stand off.

Once that speculation has been made aloud, then it equally looks like that too. It will look like anything anyone wants it to, in short.

Personally I think it makes absolutely zero sense that a club wants to get rid of a manager that has just achieved the joint record points tally in our history at this level and takes an ever reducing budget and turns it into ever increasing finishing positions.

I think it’s a contract wrangle personally. Cooper wants to be paid in line with what he is delivering, the club don’t want to tie themselves to such a large financial commitment. I think it’s equally likely we will be seeing a new contract emerging where they meet somewhere in the middle.

I agree, it has been said that it is obvious the club want rid of Cooper.....taking a step back without my supporter hat on lets think logically

As you say what sense is there and why would a club want to get rid of a manager who for two consecutive seasons got the club into contention for promotion , each season with a "weaker" squad yet improving league position year on year. A manager who has links which has brought some good loan signings to the club and given us a raised profile when the likes of Brewster and Geuhi get permanent transfer deals to PL clubs
after spending time here.

I dont see how if Cooper is to depart without a job to go to because the club want hom out he is still at "work" as I have said before it would be easy for the club to put him on garden leave whilst the contractual issues are concluded....with a professional statement made and then it clears all confusion and does not hinder any potential recruitment which according to posts on this board it is now doing so the club need to get their act together....

I see there are two possible scenarios....maybe Cooper is going to be the new England U21 coach....there has still been no official unveiling or anouncement of Lee Carsley's appointment... then he leaves....
Or as you say there is a contract wrangle going on....BUT for me whichever it is it needs resolving ASAP we are two weeks from the seasons kick off...if Cooper is going get him gone and get teh repalcement in ....or sort the issue and put the rumours to bed ( mostly being perpuated on this and other fan boards and twitter but not the mainstream media outlets) so these potential signings do not get affected

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Club announcement pending on 08:33 - Jul 21 with 1218 viewsraynor94

All getting rather silly now, as if what Chief posted, Marsh is on compassionate leave.

Perhaps we need a new mole

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Club announcement pending on 08:39 - Jul 21 with 1184 viewsjack247

Club announcement pending on 08:12 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, you could put it out there that the club have led Cooper down the garden path in order to stop him going to a club that didn’t want him.

Let’s see how the next few days pan out. I’d rather he stay than bring someone in this close to the season, doesn’t look likely at the moment, but could all change quickly.
Club announcement pending on 08:45 - Jul 21 with 1157 viewsmagicdaps10

Think this needs sorting ASAP, clear to any sane person from that interview last night that all is not well and we have passed the point of no return.
Both sides are just hanging on wanting the other side to break and all boils down to money as it stands. We would all want Cooper to do the best thing for the club and walk off into the sunset but he has to do what is financially right for him and his family. I would be Suprised as days go on that there is just a parting of ways and monies discussed further down the line, either way it has to be done that Cooper is out of there ASAP and the new boss in place also in ASAP.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Club announcement pending on 08:46 - Jul 21 with 1142 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 08:39 - Jul 21 by jack247

Yes, you could put it out there that the club have led Cooper down the garden path in order to stop him going to a club that didn’t want him.

Let’s see how the next few days pan out. I’d rather he stay than bring someone in this close to the season, doesn’t look likely at the moment, but could all change quickly.

But again that speculation, we have no idea what the situation with Palace was and why he didn’t end up going there. That would again just be people making their own theories. They were split at board room 50:50, half wanted him to be the new manager, to say they didn’t want him would be false.

They didn’t want Neil Warnock, they didn’t want Tony Mowbray... they would be fairly accurate statements. But saying they didn’t want a a manager they approached and went out of their way to speak to (twice) doesn’t sound like a club that doesn’t want someone.

With Cooper there was a £4.5m release clause attached. That’s a pretty large deterrent should the club not want to budge.

When it comes to Cooper, people have this incessant need to paint the unknown in the most negative light they can “touting himself out”, “didn’t want him”, “club want him gone”, “Marsh left already”.

It’s just ridiculous really. When we know something we know something. Until that time people are guessing based on their like or dislike of him, the unknown is giving artistic licence and it is being used to its fullest (as it has been all summer).

Club announcement pending on 08:48 - Jul 21 with 1139 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Club announcement pending on 08:45 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

Think this needs sorting ASAP, clear to any sane person from that interview last night that all is not well and we have passed the point of no return.
Both sides are just hanging on wanting the other side to break and all boils down to money as it stands. We would all want Cooper to do the best thing for the club and walk off into the sunset but he has to do what is financially right for him and his family. I would be Suprised as days go on that there is just a parting of ways and monies discussed further down the line, either way it has to be done that Cooper is out of there ASAP and the new boss in place also in ASAP.

Hasn’t he only got until the end of this season left on his contract? Shouldn’t cost the earth to pay him off surely?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Club announcement pending on 08:48 - Jul 21 with 1136 viewsjack247

Club announcement pending on 08:46 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

But again that speculation, we have no idea what the situation with Palace was and why he didn’t end up going there. That would again just be people making their own theories. They were split at board room 50:50, half wanted him to be the new manager, to say they didn’t want him would be false.

They didn’t want Neil Warnock, they didn’t want Tony Mowbray... they would be fairly accurate statements. But saying they didn’t want a a manager they approached and went out of their way to speak to (twice) doesn’t sound like a club that doesn’t want someone.

With Cooper there was a £4.5m release clause attached. That’s a pretty large deterrent should the club not want to budge.

When it comes to Cooper, people have this incessant need to paint the unknown in the most negative light they can “touting himself out”, “didn’t want him”, “club want him gone”, “Marsh left already”.

It’s just ridiculous really. When we know something we know something. Until that time people are guessing based on their like or dislike of him, the unknown is giving artistic licence and it is being used to its fullest (as it has been all summer).

See how it goes the next few days, but if we end up parting by mutual consent, I think it’s safe to assume he wouldn’t have cost them £4.5m
Club announcement pending on 08:51 - Jul 21 with 1126 viewsDr_Winston

Club announcement pending on 08:48 - Jul 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Hasn’t he only got until the end of this season left on his contract? Shouldn’t cost the earth to pay him off surely?

Think the club are hoping to come to a "mutual consent" agreement which will be cheaper than paying him off, hence they're doing their very best to make it look like they're not pushing him out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Club announcement pending on 08:52 - Jul 21 with 1125 viewsraynor94

Club announcement pending on 08:46 - Jul 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Can't argue with anything in that post👏

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Club announcement pending on 08:56 - Jul 21 with 1103 viewsDr_Parnassus

Club announcement pending on 08:48 - Jul 21 by jack247

See how it goes the next few days, but if we end up parting by mutual consent, I think it’s safe to assume he wouldn’t have cost them £4.5m

Well it will depend what has gone on since then. Where we find ourselves today may not be where we were 4 weeks ago.

They may well have insisted his fee was £4.5m which scuppered his chance to manage it PL level and as a result of that has kicked up a fuss and started to make his position untenable.

We know absolutely nothing, and unless someone comes out and categorically lays it on the line, it’s unlikely anything that happens will tell us anything either.

The negativity is ridiculous. You aren’t blind to it, I’m sure you are well aware of what I’m talking about.

Club announcement pending on 09:02 - Jul 21 with 1088 viewsKeithHaynes

Club announcement pending on 08:48 - Jul 21 by Brynmill_Jack

180k are his earnings for the year if the rumours are to be believed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024