Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City 12:20 - Jul 31 with 7189 viewsSwansIndependent

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City 31st Jul 2021 12:19
It seems no matter the way you go these days, the way you go will be wrong. As we know the swans approached MK Dons a few days ago, but the Dons kept it quiet and felt the timing was inappropriate. Based on that it’s pretty much never a good time to approach a club for their successful manager. 0

Click above for the story
Click below to subscribe to us on Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:10 - Jul 31 with 2473 viewsWhiterockin

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:06 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

You must look at Swansea's dismal history. It was an attractive proposition for crooks, fraudsters liars and cheats. The club did have a few good administrations over the decades but generally not.

Jenkins and Morgan ended all that and made Swansea city a properly run club. They did their best for he club and the city and it was more than good enough. 20 years of stability and success.

The first paragraph perfectly sums up the previous board for me.
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:12 - Jul 31 with 2462 viewsdobjack2

You must look at Swansea's dismal history. It was an attractive proposition for crooks, fraudsters liars and cheats. The club did have a few good administrations over the decades but generally not.

Jenkins and Morgan ended all that and made Swansea city a properly run club. They did their best for he club and the city and it was more than good enough. 20 years of stability and success.

The second paragraph is superfluous
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:45 - Jul 31 with 2385 viewsKeithHaynes

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 18:33 - Jul 31 by jackrmee

It's quotes from the players though

It is, so he is rubbishing his own “scoop”,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 21:26 - Jul 31 with 2313 viewsmax936

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 18:26 - Jul 31 by Whiterockin

It's been on for a couple of weeks. All he has to do now is learn how to make the tea.

Useless tit can't find the tap to fill it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 23:27 - Jul 31 with 2162 viewsCatullus

Well I could argue it wasn't 20 years but why quibble over 3 years. I will argue though that all the good work was spolied by the nonsense that happened when he and the others sold the club ( enriching themselves) after a string of very bad decisions that saw us relegated and plunged into debt again. Debt the new owners had to sort out and seem to have done so quite well.

All that good work ruined.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:23 - Aug 1 with 1914 viewsReslovenSwan1

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 23:27 - Jul 31 by Catullus

Well I could argue it wasn't 20 years but why quibble over 3 years. I will argue though that all the good work was spolied by the nonsense that happened when he and the others sold the club ( enriching themselves) after a string of very bad decisions that saw us relegated and plunged into debt again. Debt the new owners had to sort out and seem to have done so quite well.

All that good work ruined.

To compare the 2002 -2016 owners to the rabble that came before shows a massive lack of judgement. I can guarantee you history will treat Jenkins and Morgan generously. This is because history recorders are a lot more sophisticated than fans and particularly more sophisticated than fans with a political bias.

This is a political bias that equates profit and success as immoral. This is the morality of a Sunday school teacher from up the valley that talks "pieces of silver" and compares it with biblical references to "Judas" and "betrayal".

These sub conscience teaching persist in the middle aged fan Welsh Valleys psyche. These words still resonate to some who struggle to figure things out for themselves and need the security of similarly thinking "soul mates".

Selling Swansea city to US owners was good. US investment in the form of a CLN is good. Cash for the club to spend is good. It could not compete without the CLN. Huw Jenkins the "failed roofer" made it look easy. It is anything but as Mr Winter is finding out.

Wise sage since Toshack era

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:35 - Aug 1 with 1889 viewsdobjack2

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:23 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

To compare the 2002 -2016 owners to the rabble that came before shows a massive lack of judgement. I can guarantee you history will treat Jenkins and Morgan generously. This is because history recorders are a lot more sophisticated than fans and particularly more sophisticated than fans with a political bias.

This is a political bias that equates profit and success as immoral. This is the morality of a Sunday school teacher from up the valley that talks "pieces of silver" and compares it with biblical references to "Judas" and "betrayal".

These sub conscience teaching persist in the middle aged fan Welsh Valleys psyche. These words still resonate to some who struggle to figure things out for themselves and need the security of similarly thinking "soul mates".

Selling Swansea city to US owners was good. US investment in the form of a CLN is good. Cash for the club to spend is good. It could not compete without the CLN. Huw Jenkins the "failed roofer" made it look easy. It is anything but as Mr Winter is finding out.

In your opinion Jenkins and Morgan will be treated generously in the future. Depends who’s writing the book and who has paid for it I suppose. Perhaps we need to see what comes out in the Court case.

In my opinion they won’t be treated generously by a lot of people. The good work that they did at the start will be forgotten and they will be remembered for bad financial decisions, who they sold the club to and the way that they sold it.
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:53 - Aug 1 with 1859 viewsReslovenSwan1

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:35 - Aug 1 by dobjack2

In your opinion Jenkins and Morgan will be treated generously in the future. Depends who’s writing the book and who has paid for it I suppose. Perhaps we need to see what comes out in the Court case.

In my opinion they won’t be treated generously by a lot of people. The good work that they did at the start will be forgotten and they will be remembered for bad financial decisions, who they sold the club to and the way that they sold it.

If it Stuart James of the Guardian they will not be well treated. However no one really reads the Guardian any more, certainly very few Swansea fans. They are looking for their readership to pay their excessive 'luvvie' journalists and commentators bills for them. I do like some of their work it has to be said. .

Stuart would probably love Swansea to be community owned. In my judgement that equates to Exeter city. This would be a good result for Vincent Tan who wants Swansea to be the "little club out west" leaving Cardiff the only club willing to invest heavily in South West Wales's talent pool.

Login to get fewer ads

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 15:01 - Aug 1 with 1757 viewsBillyChong

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:53 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

If it Stuart James of the Guardian they will not be well treated. However no one really reads the Guardian any more, certainly very few Swansea fans. They are looking for their readership to pay their excessive 'luvvie' journalists and commentators bills for them. I do like some of their work it has to be said. .

Stuart would probably love Swansea to be community owned. In my judgement that equates to Exeter city. This would be a good result for Vincent Tan who wants Swansea to be the "little club out west" leaving Cardiff the only club willing to invest heavily in South West Wales's talent pool.

It wasn’t Vincent Tan that downgraded the Swansea academy
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 15:23 - Aug 1 with 1713 viewsReslovenSwan1

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 15:01 - Aug 1 by BillyChong

It wasn’t Vincent Tan that downgraded the Swansea academy

Swansea's academy supported by US cash is the same level of Cardiff's if I am not mistaken. Morgan and Jenkins set up a top level academy which has regrettably been downgraded. Tan has realised the benefits late in the game by watching Swansea and is still trying to catch up.

Swansea is edging back to the philosophy of Martinez, Brendan and Laudrup. The competition for the best Welsh players will be fierce. Parents will have to judge whether Martin or McCarthy is best for "little Johny".

The 'Blue satanists' still has a way to go but Tan has put his Tank on the lawn at Junction 33.

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 15:42 - Aug 1 with 1661 viewsGVJack

I actually think HJ and Co did a marvelous job for the club. Saved us from non-league/extinction when we needed it the most.

Got us promoted through the leagues, managed to secure us a shared new facility with the Liberty.

Enjoyed a number of glorious years playing excellent football in the premiership. Won a league Cup and competed in the Europa League. Fantastic achievement from where they started to where they took us.

If they sold the club and made a profit for it for the work they put in over the years then good for them, I'd have done the same.

They sold the club to American Investors who talked a good game, it's up to the yanks to back that up, not the previous regime.
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 16:46 - Aug 1 with 1563 viewsvetchonian

trying to derail the court case....with every post he gives himself away....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 17:23 - Aug 1 with 1504 viewsmax936

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 16:46 - Aug 1 by vetchonian

trying to derail the court case....with every post he gives himself away....

Yep, its that word again, Agenda.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 18:17 - Aug 1 with 1388 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Resolven haw haw. Without the laughs obviously

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 19:55 - Aug 1 with 1277 viewsReslovenSwan1

I thought your were better than this Chief, but its Sunday and a rest day. A lapse on your part for sure. I am sure you will be back on form once you body is rested.

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:13 - Aug 1 with 1232 viewsTreforys_Jack

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 19:55 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I thought your were better than this Chief, but its Sunday and a rest day. A lapse on your part for sure. I am sure you will be back on form once you body is rested.

He's right though.
MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:23 - Aug 1 with 1208 viewsCatullus

Sorry but I'm not at all religious so the Sunday school stuff is nonsense to me. I don't think profit is immoral in of itself. Taken in conjunction with the lies though, the ( in my opinion ) devious, underhand exclusion of the trust from the original sale, then it becomes immoral.

As to history, it has a funny way of remembering your later actions more than what went before. Look at Churchill, he has many bad things in his story but...WW2, the nations hero, the best leader we ever had according to some. It does depend who writes or tells the story of course. Then there's James Watson, won a Nobel in 1962 and what went before was largely forgotten but he was a well known racist and sexit apparently. He said something like of course wome should be allowed in science because they are fun for men.

All Jenkins good work often gets ignored these days by people talking about his last year, the sale, the sidelining of the trust and the court case. If the trust win the case, that is what will probably be remembered most.

The MK fans, will they remember what good Russell did there or that he walked away when a bigger club came knocking? Think about what many fans said about Martinez. Your last actions count for a lot.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:27 - Aug 1 with 1192 viewsReslovenSwan1

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:13 - Aug 1 by Treforys_Jack

He's right though.

I take the brickbats and the smears in my stride. I am entitled to voice my gratitude to Jenkins and Morgan and comment on the unfair criticism of US people who loaned the club at least £5m in a time of crisis. The money to be promised to Martin must be in part paid for by the loan I would imagine. Silverstein at least seemed like a perfectly decent chap. He is on youtube clearly articulating his beliefs.

Being compared to someone who was hanged for his crimes seems very odd to me. You seem to have lost all sense of perspective. I think it may be linked to a toxic political dogma but am not sure about this. Its for Keith to determine if it is reasonable. I will go with his judgement.

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:45 - Aug 1 with 1139 viewsonehunglow

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:23 - Aug 1 by Catullus

Sorry but I'm not at all religious so the Sunday school stuff is nonsense to me. I don't think profit is immoral in of itself. Taken in conjunction with the lies though, the ( in my opinion ) devious, underhand exclusion of the trust from the original sale, then it becomes immoral.

As to history, it has a funny way of remembering your later actions more than what went before. Look at Churchill, he has many bad things in his story but...WW2, the nations hero, the best leader we ever had according to some. It does depend who writes or tells the story of course. Then there's James Watson, won a Nobel in 1962 and what went before was largely forgotten but he was a well known racist and sexit apparently. He said something like of course wome should be allowed in science because they are fun for men.

All Jenkins good work often gets ignored these days by people talking about his last year, the sale, the sidelining of the trust and the court case. If the trust win the case, that is what will probably be remembered most.

The MK fans, will they remember what good Russell did there or that he walked away when a bigger club came knocking? Think about what many fans said about Martinez. Your last actions count for a lot.

You have to bear in mind the Great 1904 religious revival was started in by Evan Roberts of Loughor.
Looking at the forums and life in south Wales,I'd say Wales has pretty much dumped Jesus,the Cross and Calvary.

How many of our fanbase could recite the Lords Prayer in Welsh or quote scripture texts off pat. How many would know any hymns at all. They don't even know the words of Men of Harlech. The dum dum dum them.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 22:55 - Aug 1 with 914 viewsChief

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 20:27 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I take the brickbats and the smears in my stride. I am entitled to voice my gratitude to Jenkins and Morgan and comment on the unfair criticism of US people who loaned the club at least £5m in a time of crisis. The money to be promised to Martin must be in part paid for by the loan I would imagine. Silverstein at least seemed like a perfectly decent chap. He is on youtube clearly articulating his beliefs.

Being compared to someone who was hanged for his crimes seems very odd to me. You seem to have lost all sense of perspective. I think it may be linked to a toxic political dogma but am not sure about this. Its for Keith to determine if it is reasonable. I will go with his judgement.

Ah right so the loan was to get us through a crisis.....

But now you're saying it hasn't even been spent yet. And this is despite us being so close to promotion and yet we spent very little in January to bolster the squad and not getting what the manager patently wanted.

You're tripping yourself up over your fantastical theories once again.

It's ok though, Silverstein is on YouTube self proclaiming what a great guy he is
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 23:29]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 00:19 - Aug 2 with 838 viewsReslovenSwan1

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 22:55 - Aug 1 by Chief

Ah right so the loan was to get us through a crisis.....

But now you're saying it hasn't even been spent yet. And this is despite us being so close to promotion and yet we spent very little in January to bolster the squad and not getting what the manager patently wanted.

You're tripping yourself up over your fantastical theories once again.

It's ok though, Silverstein is on YouTube self proclaiming what a great guy he is
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 23:29]

Yes that all very interesting Chief. Some logic at least well done. A little bit nit picking of course but not an unreasonable stance given the weakness of your argument. The 'fantastical theories' bit is a bit crude and annoying but there you are. Now lets get back to comparing me the Lord Haw Haw a Nazi propagandist. Do you regret that?

My 'crime' is supporting Jenkins and Morgan not the third Reich and unspeakable crimes . I am a very reasonable fellow shall we just together draw a line under it and accept have a right to defend Jenkins and the US owners without these sort of slurs? Its unfair.

I admit Jenkins did resign Wilfried Bony but he did not invade Czechozlovakia with a drawn Stukka 'blitzkeig' attack.

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 01:22 - Aug 2 with 810 viewsChief

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 00:19 - Aug 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes that all very interesting Chief. Some logic at least well done. A little bit nit picking of course but not an unreasonable stance given the weakness of your argument. The 'fantastical theories' bit is a bit crude and annoying but there you are. Now lets get back to comparing me the Lord Haw Haw a Nazi propagandist. Do you regret that?

My 'crime' is supporting Jenkins and Morgan not the third Reich and unspeakable crimes . I am a very reasonable fellow shall we just together draw a line under it and accept have a right to defend Jenkins and the US owners without these sort of slurs? Its unfair.

I admit Jenkins did resign Wilfried Bony but he did not invade Czechozlovakia with a drawn Stukka 'blitzkeig' attack.

All very interesting that.

But no substance and content pertaining to the actual post I wrote and you quoted. But there we are, we'll have to assume you accept it's words without comment. Fair enough.

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:07 - Aug 2 with 643 viewsReslovenSwan1

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 01:22 - Aug 2 by Chief

All very interesting that.

But no substance and content pertaining to the actual post I wrote and you quoted. But there we are, we'll have to assume you accept it's words without comment. Fair enough.

Not good enough Chief. Obviously I do not accept being compared to a Nazi propagandist. I will enquire with Keith if labelling posters you disagree with as Nazi sympathisers fits in with his Forum's ethos.

I thought you ere brighter than this. Is it your plan to call me a Nazi every time i put up a pro Club management post?

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:36 - Aug 2 with 605 viewsKeithHaynes

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:07 - Aug 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Not good enough Chief. Obviously I do not accept being compared to a Nazi propagandist. I will enquire with Keith if labelling posters you disagree with as Nazi sympathisers fits in with his Forum's ethos.

I thought you ere brighter than this. Is it your plan to call me a Nazi every time i put up a pro Club management post?

The post was removed, you two have some good debates, don’t spoilt it.

We have some Swansea Independent podcasts coming up, you two should be on it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:36 - Aug 2 with 604 viewsChief

MK Dons not at all happy with Swansea City on 13:07 - Aug 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Yet more deflections and waffle presumably because you know you've been caught out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024