Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona 23:43 - Aug 16 with 5603 viewsGeoffThom

Over a billion in debt, wtf how can you allow that crazy figure
Barcelona on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 1626 viewsKeithHaynes

Barcelona on 16:54 - Aug 17 by pencoedjack

Chill fella you are making yourself look a bit of knob here.

Its a football forum people have different views, if you think posters are talking nonsense then just don't respond (although my not responding to Killy is somewhat more understandable than anyone not replying to Keith).
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 16:55]

I agree wholeheartedly and of course It’s how it’s done mate, that’s the whole idea of this website, but I guess if the intelligence isn’t there to understand the basics, that’s just how it goes. 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barcelona on 17:13 - Aug 17 with 1610 viewsTreforys_Jack

Barcelona on 16:58 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

I think 73_73 has sailed very close to the wind on many occasions, as have a couple of posters on this site. Its a free world and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But its the way it is put forward. TBH I don't see what benefit he brings to the site now, he has crossed the line too often.

Leave him here, he's comedy gold. #footballs coming home pmsl.
Barcelona on 17:57 - Aug 17 with 1553 viewsmax936

Barcelona on 17:13 - Aug 17 by Treforys_Jack

Leave him here, he's comedy gold. #footballs coming home pmsl.

I agree with that, l ignore most of his stuff, but there’s other on here that really do irritate me, l can be irritating myself in fairness, but some go beyond the pale, l’ll leave this decision to Keith to issue a final warning to moderate his replies/posts etc and go from there.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 18:03]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barcelona on 18:08 - Aug 17 with 1541 viewsjack_lord

Barcelona on 16:47 - Aug 17 by Professor

"Mas que un club" (More than a club) is Barca's motto. It is fundamentally rooted into Catalan culture in a way no other club is related to its environs or fanbase. A visit to the Camp Nou will tell you that. That debt could disappear easily and quickly. It's a wealthy region. To think otherwise shows a naivety and lack of understanding of Barca and Real's role in Spain.

It's a lot of money, but they have a huge support and ownership in a way no other club has. I would suggest reading the book "Morbo' to have an understanding.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morbo-Spanish-Football-Phil-Ball/dp/0956101127

I was going to suggest how wealthy Catalonia is, especially the Barcelona region. The fact they have 140000 supporters again illustrates the size of the club. Their merchandising is phenomenal and maybe 73 is suggesting that the debt can't be wiped out by this time tomorrow but Keith is right that it could be cleared in a day it they set out to.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Barcelona on 18:17 - Aug 17 with 1530 viewsmax936

Regarding the thread itself, lm sure if it had been that easy to clear their debt their President wouldn’t have said keeping Messi would have set Barca back 50 yrs, the revenue he must bring in must be enormous so without that revenue lm not sure clearing the debt would have been that easy without him.

On another note regarding football finance’s, it surely can’t go on the way it’s going, Citeh spending 100 mil on Grealish and happy to spend another 150 mil on Kane, the top echelons of the game is gonna implode on itself at some point, surely it’s killing the game, same clubs winning things over and over, it’ll become massively Boring
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 23:19]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barcelona on 21:01 - Aug 17 with 1474 viewsKilkennyjack

Barcelona on 16:54 - Aug 17 by pencoedjack

Chill fella you are making yourself look a bit of knob here.

Its a football forum people have different views, if you think posters are talking nonsense then just don't respond (although my not responding to Killy is somewhat more understandable than anyone not replying to Keith).
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 16:55]

Its because you always lose the discussion with me.
Its obvious.

I never judge mate.
One day you might pluck up the courage you need … and try to make your point.

I cant wait …. 🤡😂 ….

Beware of the Risen People

Barcelona on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 1447 viewsCatullus

Barcelona on 16:11 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Thank you for phrasing the response fairly mate.

Barca could raise that cash in an instant if they had to, it’s long been under discussion here in all the main sports papers that the strength of the club is the ownership. The reference to the president of Barcelona and his finances by 73 shows a complete lack of understanding of how the club works. The president of the club is only there by virtue of the socio. Barcelona's structural organisation ensures that the club cannot be run by the same board for a long period of time. The club's board can be changed when the fans feel that a new group can take the club to new heights.

**Bloomberg : Barcelona isn’t just the richest team in soccer, it’s the richest team in sports, period. At least, by revenue. In 2019 it became the first sports club ever to make more than $1 billion in annual revenue. The NFL’s Dallas Cowboys make a comparatively paltry $800 million.

The club has the capacity to reduce any debt they have by virtue of the fact it is fan owned and therefore the current 140,000 supporters can at any time input finances in to the club as they have in the past. If any debt threatened the existence of the club the allocated board and the supporters could wipe the current debt out in a day. They also have the capacity to reduce debt, as they have with Messi leaving on paper. They will take some more pain this season to reduce the debt further.

Easily.

To honestly believe that the president of the club is actually in control financially or in any other way other than organisationally comes from a complete lack of knowledge as I have suggested. But then I think most on here would agree.

Sorry Keith but I still don't see it being easy or maybe it would happen? Those 140,000 supporters would have to input around 9000 each to cover the debt.

I know they have a massive income but still they are spending more than they have coming in, they are hardly alone in that but has any other club got such a large debt?

https://www.euronews.com/2021/08/16/1-35-billion-barcelona-president-reveals-ext

Their wage bill is 103% of their income, that is absurd.

As it goes I quite liked what Barca were, it was a massive complement when we were called Swansealona and it seems like our football likeness to that club is about the same size as our debt is compared to theirs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Barcelona on 22:56 - Aug 17 with 1445 viewsAndyCole

Barcelona on 13:35 - Aug 17 by 73__73

Debt could be wiped out within a day ? What do you know that the president of Barcelona doesn’t ?

Or are you just talking rubbish ?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 13:35]

Provocative posting to stimulate healthy discussion has it's limits. Recognising those limits is the key.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Barcelona on 22:57 - Aug 17 with 1442 viewsNotLoyal

Barcelona on 22:56 - Aug 17 by AndyCole

Provocative posting to stimulate healthy discussion has it's limits. Recognising those limits is the key.

Taking on the Prof and Keith, hilarious.
He's lucky he's hiding behind his screen, as always.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Barcelona on 23:33 - Aug 17 with 1419 viewsDJack

Barcelona on 22:57 - Aug 17 by NotLoyal

Taking on the Prof and Keith, hilarious.
He's lucky he's hiding behind his screen, as always.

And to think that you offered him some therapy.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Barcelona on 00:00 - Aug 18 with 1415 viewsCatullus

Barcelona on 18:08 - Aug 17 by jack_lord

I was going to suggest how wealthy Catalonia is, especially the Barcelona region. The fact they have 140000 supporters again illustrates the size of the club. Their merchandising is phenomenal and maybe 73 is suggesting that the debt can't be wiped out by this time tomorrow but Keith is right that it could be cleared in a day it they set out to.

I still don't see it. 140,000 registered supporters but how many will put their hands deep into their own pockets? Bear in mind we are coming out of a pandemic and very many people have struggled financially, how many of the 140k are rich?

For some perspective on that, 3 years ago we visited Spain, went to Barcelona, visited the Camp Nou. My son became a closet Barca supporter. When we got home he we registered on their website, we are down as supporters. What we learned form that Barca trip was that every home game there are thousands of football tourists at every home game. Their average attendance for 19/20 was 82000 so 16000 short of capacity. Where are those 58000 other supporters? And as that is an average and for big games, El Clasico, champions league etc the place is pretty much full, how mnay are there for the 'small'games, smallest crowd was 43000. That's a massive swing.

If that debt can be cleared so easily then why don't they? After all, depending on who they owe money to, isn't there interest accruing too? On over one BILLION pounds that interest will be quite hefty. If their outgoings are still more than their incomings the problem isn't going away.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Barcelona on 05:32 - Aug 18 with 1375 views73__73

Explain how they can wipe out that debt in the short term ? Irrelevant how much money they make from merchandise, because they are spending more money than they are earning.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Barcelona on 05:41 - Aug 18 with 1371 views73__73

140,000 supporters that is not a huge amount in real terms.
Where are those 140,000 when Barcelona play at home, because plenty of empty seats and you can just turn up on the day of a match and purchase a ticket.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Barcelona on 06:20 - Aug 18 with 1365 viewsbuilthjack

A keyboard warrior. Hiding behind a screen. Putting shite on to stir thing up.
Very big of them.
There has always been a few. On this and the other site.
Some posters have a few names, they post things just to get a bite.
Hell, there's one who pretends to be a teacher, mainly on the other site now, but sometimes on this one. Pathetic
Personally I would ban anyone posting constant drivel in order to get bites.
Hiding behind a keyboard is absolutely pathetic, scum posters.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Barcelona on 09:50 - Aug 18 with 1340 viewsProfessor

Barcelona on 00:00 - Aug 18 by Catullus

I still don't see it. 140,000 registered supporters but how many will put their hands deep into their own pockets? Bear in mind we are coming out of a pandemic and very many people have struggled financially, how many of the 140k are rich?

For some perspective on that, 3 years ago we visited Spain, went to Barcelona, visited the Camp Nou. My son became a closet Barca supporter. When we got home he we registered on their website, we are down as supporters. What we learned form that Barca trip was that every home game there are thousands of football tourists at every home game. Their average attendance for 19/20 was 82000 so 16000 short of capacity. Where are those 58000 other supporters? And as that is an average and for big games, El Clasico, champions league etc the place is pretty much full, how mnay are there for the 'small'games, smallest crowd was 43000. That's a massive swing.

If that debt can be cleared so easily then why don't they? After all, depending on who they owe money to, isn't there interest accruing too? On over one BILLION pounds that interest will be quite hefty. If their outgoings are still more than their incomings the problem isn't going away.

Both Barca and Real have big corporate backing too Cat-the plug will never be pulled. No so long ago Real were in huge debt but kept buying Galacticos. Most uneven playing field in sport
Barcelona on 10:10 - Aug 18 with 1324 viewsonehunglow

So who are you on t'other sign then Champ.
Time to be honest

You got the guts or not?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barcelona on 11:03 - Aug 18 with 1301 viewsKeithHaynes

Having spoken to Phil and one or two others it seems this guy has been a fixture here for a while. Looking back on his posting history it is clear he has had issues with numerous posters and caused a lot of issues. He has been banned from here many times in different guises and from Phil’s website. As much as I didn’t want to, he is now banned, his pattern of destroying threads and attacking posters is relentless and cowardly. Taking into consideration the reasons why I run this site, and the effect he has been having on it it he is banned. His name, posting location and associated details have been retained so he doesn’t return.

I hope he seeks help for his condition.

Barcelona on 11:54 - Aug 18 with 1274 viewsCatullus

Barcelona on 09:50 - Aug 18 by Professor

Both Barca and Real have big corporate backing too Cat-the plug will never be pulled. No so long ago Real were in huge debt but kept buying Galacticos. Most uneven playing field in sport

Real were bailed out by their local authority thought and that raised mnay an eyebrow. Some people considered it state aid and the training ground was bought (allegedly) at much more than it's valuation and later Real were ordered to pay money back, as were other Spanish clubs found to have breached state aid rules at the time,

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

We also can't ignore the size of the debts, Real owed around 250 million, roughly 20% of Barca's debt. Are the corporate friends going to shell out over a billion? Even if they could legally do so?
Barca and Real are drivers behind the Euro Super league because of their debts (despite the council help Real are reportedly in big debt again) with Florentino Perez sayin the ESL is not dead, just on standby, they want the 'grant' money JP Morgan are offering tohelp with debt and also the bigger income they think they'll get from worldwide tv audiences. Perez seems to think young fans no longer have such interest in going to football but will pay to watch on tv.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/04/22/real-madrid-barcelona-debts/

Barca may not be allowed to fall into bankruptcy but they may fall from the top table in attempts to del with their debts. I don't think anybody nor any group of people are going to be sorting those out quickly.

Football worldwide needs to stop being so greedy and so spendthrift.

Barcelona on 13:08 - Aug 18 with 1246 viewsjack_lord

Barcelona on 11:54 - Aug 18 by Catullus

Real were bailed out by their local authority thought and that raised mnay an eyebrow. Some people considered it state aid and the training ground was bought (allegedly) at much more than it's valuation and later Real were ordered to pay money back, as were other Spanish clubs found to have breached state aid rules at the time,

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

We also can't ignore the size of the debts, Real owed around 250 million, roughly 20% of Barca's debt. Are the corporate friends going to shell out over a billion? Even if they could legally do so?
Barca and Real are drivers behind the Euro Super league because of their debts (despite the council help Real are reportedly in big debt again) with Florentino Perez sayin the ESL is not dead, just on standby, they want the 'grant' money JP Morgan are offering tohelp with debt and also the bigger income they think they'll get from worldwide tv audiences. Perez seems to think young fans no longer have such interest in going to football but will pay to watch on tv.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/04/22/real-madrid-barcelona-debts/

Barca may not be allowed to fall into bankruptcy but they may fall from the top table in attempts to del with their debts. I don't think anybody nor any group of people are going to be sorting those out quickly.

Football worldwide needs to stop being so greedy and so spendthrift.

I certainly agree with that last sentence but greed will come back time and again because all of the established clubs want to stay there.

I feel that the whole system is creating an "Idiocracy" in the long term and the film represents what footballers think they are becoming.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Barcelona on 13:10 - Aug 18 with 1243 viewsWhiterockin

Barcelona on 13:08 - Aug 18 by jack_lord

I certainly agree with that last sentence but greed will come back time and again because all of the established clubs want to stay there.

I feel that the whole system is creating an "Idiocracy" in the long term and the film represents what footballers think they are becoming.

This is why they wanted the super league.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 13:10]
Barcelona on 13:55 - Aug 18 with 1221 viewsProfessor

Barcelona on 13:08 - Aug 18 by jack_lord

Good points there both. Breaking what is an increasingly closed shop is becoming more difficult. Even for big clubs like Everton and Villa who, unlike Spurs, have won the league in my lifetime. In Spain it's remarkable that Atheletico can be so competitive .
Barcelona on 20:23 - Aug 18 with 1153 viewstrampie

The thing that people need to understand about DGT is he is a massive England supporter and the English failed to win the Euros in their own backyard, apparently he had to take a holiday after that one such was his disappointment then he was giving it large about the British and Irish Lions, a strange concept with Welsh players having to play with the Rupert's, Paddies and Jocks and they lost to a bunch of Africans, I imagine that must have been a big blow to him and then to top it all off England cricket team lost a home test match against India, that must have shaken him big time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Barcelona on 20:27 - Aug 18 with 1146 viewsonehunglow

Barcelona on 11:03 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

Having spoken to Phil and one or two others it seems this guy has been a fixture here for a while. Looking back on his posting history it is clear he has had issues with numerous posters and caused a lot of issues. He has been banned from here many times in different guises and from Phil’s website. As much as I didn’t want to, he is now banned, his pattern of destroying threads and attacking posters is relentless and cowardly. Taking into consideration the reasons why I run this site, and the effect he has been having on it it he is banned. His name, posting location and associated details have been retained so he doesn’t return.

I hope he seeks help for his condition.

Good but could you ak Phil while he still allow hate speech.I thought you had both agreed ot must stop.

73-73 is by far not the worst culprit for this,reprehenible though he was.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barcelona on 21:32 - Aug 18 with 1104 viewstrampie

Banter is good, sport used to be good for banter, not so much banter around these days, although I did see a video of a ref issuing a card to the crowd that was singing at him, lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Barcelona on 10:34 - Aug 19 with 1053 viewsKeithHaynes

Barcelona on 20:27 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Good but could you ak Phil while he still allow hate speech.I thought you had both agreed ot must stop.

73-73 is by far not the worst culprit for this,reprehenible though he was.

The way he runs his site isn’t for me to discuss.. When we talk which is often it may well surround these things but a poster on there using hate speech isn’t for me to discuss with him unless that person includes this website in their diatribe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024