Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 23:00 - Aug 8 with 18592 viewsNotLoyal

This is the official matchday thread.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:30 - Aug 13 with 1717 views73__73

Blackpool is a tough place to go. 3 pts happy days

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:33 - Aug 13 with 1718 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:11 - Aug 13 by STID2017

Exactly.
This may be the stepping stone he needs

He did win some games last season, then slipped and fell back into the swamp again.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:36 - Aug 13 with 1698 viewsjasper_T

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

First game of the season . Its a bit early to say Rotherham United are going to be a tour de force in the Championship.

Do you think a mid table finish this season with the players we've got is acceptable? We've got a striker up front who's capable of finishing 4 chances out of every six or seven created. Trouble is we don't create anything for him and worse still we don't LOOK like creating anything for him.

One minute we have a team full of internationals and players worth £20m+, the next we've done really well to get a point away at Rotherham.

First win in 10 competitive games. Important but changes nothing on its own.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:38 - Aug 13 with 1687 viewsSTID2017

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:28 - Aug 13 by union_jack

If that’s a reference to the Martin out clan, for the umpteenth time it’s not just 3 games for us. It was the great part of last season especially the last 8 games. But you know that.

I am guessing it is tongue in cheek.
He is aware that we have a lot to fix.
Hopefully today is the first step

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:53 - Aug 13 with 1639 viewsSirjohnalot

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:38 - Aug 13 by STID2017

I am guessing it is tongue in cheek.
He is aware that we have a lot to fix.
Hopefully today is the first step

Just got back, absolutely loved it. One of the best atmospheres I seen in years, once again our incredible fans didn’t stop singing from start to finish. The nasty atmosphere from last year was no where to be seen, and the celebration after the penalty save was brilliant.

We could easily have been out of sight by half time, but they had at least one very clear chance, so could have gone tits up.

I’ve been to Rotherham and Blackpool now, should’ve won both, this was a big improvement, lot quicker, much more direct, but still occasionally fannnying around at the back, when it just needs a boot on it.

Also great to meet and watch the match with with OHL. He’s a man who deeply loves the swans and wants us to win. Always good to agreeably disagree.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 1592 viewsFireboy2

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

First game of the season . Its a bit early to say Rotherham United are going to be a tour de force in the Championship.

Do you think a mid table finish this season with the players we've got is acceptable? We've got a striker up front who's capable of finishing 4 chances out of every six or seven created. Trouble is we don't create anything for him and worse still we don't LOOK like creating anything for him.

Rotherham probably won't trouble the top half BUT we played them first game and should have won, they have beaten a decent team by 4 goals in their third game of the season.

I think the blackburn game has muddled alot of people's heads, I totally agree with people who aren't happy with the inconsistency but it's early days yet.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:04 - Aug 13 with 1582 viewsBadlands

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:36 - Aug 13 by jasper_T

One minute we have a team full of internationals and players worth £20m+, the next we've done really well to get a point away at Rotherham.

First win in 10 competitive games. Important but changes nothing on its own.

Rotherham 4 Reading 0
Just saying.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:06 - Aug 13 with 1580 viewsbuilthjack

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:28 - Aug 13 by union_jack

If that’s a reference to the Martin out clan, for the umpteenth time it’s not just 3 games for us. It was the great part of last season especially the last 8 games. But you know that.

When he came.in I said he would.need 2 seasons to get rid of the dead wood and have the squad that HE wants. We are halfway there
I stand by that.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 19:26]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:12 - Aug 13 with 1566 viewsjasper_T

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:01 - Aug 13 by Fireboy2

Rotherham probably won't trouble the top half BUT we played them first game and should have won, they have beaten a decent team by 4 goals in their third game of the season.

I think the blackburn game has muddled alot of people's heads, I totally agree with people who aren't happy with the inconsistency but it's early days yet.

That's the problem with Russell Martin teams, they play well and *should* win but too often draw or lose those games. It makes the genuinely poor performances all the more dispiriting because we drop points even when things "click".
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:13 - Aug 13 with 1556 viewsjasper_T

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:04 - Aug 13 by Badlands

Rotherham 4 Reading 0
Just saying.

Have you seen the goals? Joe Lumley had a shocker of a day.

[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 19:14]
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:14 - Aug 13 with 1549 viewsSirjohnalot

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:12 - Aug 13 by jasper_T

That's the problem with Russell Martin teams, they play well and *should* win but too often draw or lose those games. It makes the genuinely poor performances all the more dispiriting because we drop points even when things "click".

Also it was so hot today, and that was just standing there. Added bonus there was an air display with the Red Arrows
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:25 - Aug 13 with 1477 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:13 - Aug 13 by jasper_T

Have you seen the goals? Joe Lumley had a shocker of a day.

[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 19:14]

Think I’d prefer Joanna Lumley in goals

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:36 - Aug 13 with 1437 viewsDr_Winston

The major difference in the Blackburn game is that they took their chances. We didn't, and should have created more given the possession that we had. They didn't outplay us, but they did have a tactical plan which they executed with perfection and we had no answer to on the day.

There are two main problems with how we've developed under RM. Defensively, we're simply not good enough. When we're not gifting chances we're wide open to a quick counter attack.

The second is how inconsistent we are. When we're on our game and flying then we're a joy to watch. When we start to wobble, or don't get going at all, then aided by problem #1 it can be catastrophic. The Bournemouth game last season neatly encapsulated both sides of us.

These are preventable issues in the main. Down to Martin to sort them out.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 9:56]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 1422 viewsSirjohnalot

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:36 - Aug 13 by Dr_Winston

The major difference in the Blackburn game is that they took their chances. We didn't, and should have created more given the possession that we had. They didn't outplay us, but they did have a tactical plan which they executed with perfection and we had no answer to on the day.

There are two main problems with how we've developed under RM. Defensively, we're simply not good enough. When we're not gifting chances we're wide open to a quick counter attack.

The second is how inconsistent we are. When we're on our game and flying then we're a joy to watch. When we start to wobble, or don't get going at all, then aided by problem #1 it can be catastrophic. The Bournemouth game last season neatly encapsulated both sides of us.

These are preventable issues in the main. Down to Martin to sort them out.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 9:56]

You’re right, but playing like we did today is flipping exciting. Either trying to,score or screaming to smack it into the stand. Great stuff
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:00 - Aug 13 with 1368 viewsswan65split

Well Patos happy.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:18 - Aug 13 with 1295 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:05 - Aug 13 by ploppy

Because they're sat in the Liberty (whatever) commentating off-screen. If the director doesn't show the board going up they have no idea. You'd think they could find out somehow though.

I've finally learned to expect it when we are on SwansTV, so I refresh @SwansOfficial on Twitter right at 45:00 and 90:00 where they always announce it.

It could be as simple as that for them, too.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:20 - Aug 13 with 1284 viewsunion_jack

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:18 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I've finally learned to expect it when we are on SwansTV, so I refresh @SwansOfficial on Twitter right at 45:00 and 90:00 where they always announce it.

It could be as simple as that for them, too.

Absolutely.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:32 - Aug 13 with 1252 viewsDJack

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:54 - Aug 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Jesus wept , this wipes clean the two results last week ???

We won away via a late goal and that's cured everything? Its not negative to complain about this managers' ridiculous tactics when he shows no sign of learning or adapting.

Brynnie, you would bemoan a late goal if it was against us so feel some positivity when it is for us. As you say nothing has been cured but nothing is set in stone either as it is early days...but I do wonder about Russ's rigidity.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:33 - Aug 13 with 1242 viewsGwyn737

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:20 - Aug 13 by PatchesOHoulihan

Blatant dive for the penalty?? Or is it just me

Looks like it from this:

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:34 - Aug 13 with 1238 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool were not that good.
Realism needs.
Three points welcome

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:39 - Aug 13 with 1216 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:34 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Blackpool were not that good.
Realism needs.
Three points welcome

Lucky we had a keeper then 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:40 - Aug 13 with 1209 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:39 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

Lucky we had a keeper then 😉

Yes Keith.
It’s good to be neutral isn’t it.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:58 - Aug 13 with 1146 viewslifelong

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:40 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Yes Keith.
It’s good to be neutral isn’t it.

Have a meal on me.👍
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:05 - Aug 13 with 1123 viewsBadlands

Andy Robinson thought it was 100% penalty.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:19 - Aug 13 with 1082 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:58 - Aug 13 by lifelong

Have a meal on me.👍

Had a vegan lunch with a mod.
Thoroughly interesting young man.

It was very uncomfortable ,intensely hot . We won but we make it hard for ourselves.

We could have lost another game.

That s all

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024