Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread 19:00 - Aug 28 with 15528 viewsSirjohnalot

Don’t Neil for Alex on Wednesday night.
Its yet another new manager facing the Swans.

Speed merchant in town and ready to flex his muscle against Stoke City 30th Aug 2022 12:49
Armstrong Oko-Flex the West Ham starlet who is finishing off the basics of his deal today at Swansea is in a race against time to be included in tomorrows match day squad for the swans against Stoke City. FAW paperwork always holds up transfers to Welsh clubs. 0

Swansea City would like to advise supporters heading to tonight’s game against Stoke City at the bet365 Stadium to please collect their pre-paid match tickets as early as possible to avoid queues.

Supporters who are not yet in possession of their match ticket can collect these from turnstile 55 at the bet365 Stadium which is located next to the away entrance.

Collections will be available 90 minutes before kick-off and supporters are advised to collect tickets as early as possible.

Swansea City earn a point when really it should have been three ( again ) 31st Aug 2022 22:19
Regardless of what anyone says about yet another late late goal which deprived the swans of the honours it was a much better performance all round for Russell Martin’s Swansea City. However, yet again it signifies a lack of character in the Swansea defence which concedes goals late on as if it’s a given part of their game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:17 - Sep 1 with 1142 viewscadleigh

Question for those who saw the full 90 minutes last night: how did Fisher do?

Obviously the short passing is doing everyone’s heads in, but as a shot stopper it sounded like he had a decent game? I’d still prefer Benda to be our number one ‘keeper, but maybe Fisher’s not as bad as I thought?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:35 - Sep 1 with 1112 viewsWhiterockin

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:17 - Sep 1 by cadleigh

Question for those who saw the full 90 minutes last night: how did Fisher do?

Obviously the short passing is doing everyone’s heads in, but as a shot stopper it sounded like he had a decent game? I’d still prefer Benda to be our number one ‘keeper, but maybe Fisher’s not as bad as I thought?

A couple of decent saves, a couple of decent long balls out to our players, a couple went straight out of play, still fannying around at the back and always has a rick in him.
Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:20 - Sep 1 with 1057 viewsPlankton

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:52 - Sep 1 by STID2017

Do the math.
5 is more than 4, they can create as many as they like off target.
It is the one(s) on target that potentially hurt

MATHS!
Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:30 - Sep 1 with 1038 viewsunion_jack

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:35 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

A couple of decent saves, a couple of decent long balls out to our players, a couple went straight out of play, still fannying around at the back and always has a rick in him.

I’m no fan of Fisher, he has too many fundamental flaws to be a top level keeper imo but the playing out from the back is clearly dictated by Martin who needs to take full blame for that tactic. He’s flogging a dead horse there.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:50 - Sep 1 with 1019 viewsbuilthjack

I was there last night. Another good away day atmosphere.
Fantastic support yet again.
We almost came away with the 3 points.
Anybody before the game would have taken a point.
We played well, plenty of movement off the ball, which you don't see on the TV.
Decision making needs to be a bit sharper, it will come.
A leader needed at the back, nobody is doing the commanding bit. Silly free kick to give away by Naughton, just no need.
Got home at close on 1am and read a few comments on here. If I hadn't known the score I would have thought that we had been zonked 6-0 like Forest.
Crazy.
Looking forward to Saturday.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 16:25]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 14:01 - Sep 1 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:05 - Sep 1 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not the way to look at it at all, let alone the only way.

You don’t “create a chance on target”, you create a chance. What their strikers do with it is up to them, not us.

Goals scored are the only stats that count towards the actual result if you want to strip it back to such a basic level.

That was 1-1. Hardly something to be dancing in the streets about is it?

It’s another last minute capitulation. You should be furious.

The very fact some are looking to PRAISE anyone for that shows we are in deep trouble.If these fans are serious,and they may not,then they really do not mind us sinking down the leagues and we could well do so. It aint enough to offer PRAISE on a bluddy football forum .

They are paid to do a job and they are not. They are merely passing through wearing the shirt. Passing through means they dont give a monkeys-as is obvious.

We have no desire

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Sep 1 with 851 viewsKeithHaynes

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 14:01 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

The very fact some are looking to PRAISE anyone for that shows we are in deep trouble.If these fans are serious,and they may not,then they really do not mind us sinking down the leagues and we could well do so. It aint enough to offer PRAISE on a bluddy football forum .

They are paid to do a job and they are not. They are merely passing through wearing the shirt. Passing through means they dont give a monkeys-as is obvious.

We have no desire

Enjoyable game to watch, decent first half, usual ending.
But hardly as you say it was.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Sep 1 with 771 viewsKerouac

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:07 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

Nope.

They had 20 shots, only 5 were on target.

That means that 15 were not on goal and were off target.

When Michael Obafemi missed against Rotherham, people claimed it was the chance that should have won us the game, it was off target though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 1 with 757 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Sep 1 by Kerouac

When Michael Obafemi missed against Rotherham, people claimed it was the chance that should have won us the game, it was off target though.

They had two attempts in the first 5 mins, the first hit the crossbar with Foster getting a hand to the headed rebound .....the first attempt stemmed from our crazy kick out routine...had one of those efforts gone in it could have been very different....ifs and buts eh

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Sep 1 with 718 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 1 by vetchonian

They had two attempts in the first 5 mins, the first hit the crossbar with Foster getting a hand to the headed rebound .....the first attempt stemmed from our crazy kick out routine...had one of those efforts gone in it could have been very different....ifs and buts eh

Had to chortle listening to Mike Pejic on radio Stoke, he knew a thing or two about defending.
He was gobsmacked,virtually speechless at how we “defend”

Stoke are dire btw.

It is lemmings over the Cliff stuff

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Sep 1 with 646 viewscadleigh

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Had to chortle listening to Mike Pejic on radio Stoke, he knew a thing or two about defending.
He was gobsmacked,virtually speechless at how we “defend”

Stoke are dire btw.

It is lemmings over the Cliff stuff

The lemmings were pushed.

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&article

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Sep 1 with 610 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Aug 31 by Boundy

We now appear to be the team to mock , watching it on a stream with Stoke commentators , sound now off

This was roundly booed at the Millwall game - is he (Martin) just taking the p*ss out of us?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 07:24 - Sep 3 with 539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

I'm a Grimes fan (relative to most) but he needs a slap tonight. Keeps playing first time short passes back to players in trouble.

Is it only now you’re noticing this?

If you want any proper gauge of Grimes’ ability to run a game then look at the transfer interest in him - zero. Other managers aren’t idiots like the three we’ve seen make and then keep Grimes captain and therefore rendering him as undropabble.

Downes generated a 13 million transfer - there’s absolutely NO INTEREST in Gromes and we should strip him of the captaincy and bench him at the very least. Look at the effect Cooper has had tonight, a mere youngster but with real heart and guts in his play - he is doing everything he can to retain his place. Grimes is the complete opposite.

Most overrated Swans player in my lifetime.

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 07:28 - Sep 3 with 539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Need Martin to come out and explain these goal kicks again as it looks like they're really bad but obviously we must be wrong.

You can’t ever convince a narcissist that he’s wrong. It’s just that the lads aren’t using the correct angle or the ball is slightly overrunning by five and a half centimetres that is causing g it to fail ever single time. I’m sure the lads will buck up and get it right one day.

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 07:32 - Sep 3 with 538 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke City v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Playing a striker as a striker is pure genius from the manager 😉

Best centre forward we’ve had in years , could turn out to be one of our best ever.

If he’s allowed to play where he should he’ll start banging then in.

Whoever turned down £8 million (rumoured) for Obafemi needs slapping. Would have cured our biggest problem (Russell Martin could be sacked and paid off) and brought in a player or two for the real proper manager who takes over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024