Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Allen out for ages 23:26 - Sep 19 with 4546 viewsKeithHaynes

I despair.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Allen out for ages on 07:48 - Sep 20 with 3333 viewsYossarian

He’s effectively finished. Terrible for us but time has caught up with Joey and his body can’t cope any longer. His fragility was probably key to his decision to retire from International football. If we wrap him in cotton wool and he breaks down in September what are we going to see of him in December and January?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Joe Allen out for ages on 07:50 - Sep 20 with 3331 viewssP7qupUf

Sorry, said at the time. Should never have signed him. Costing a shelfful of money now. People need to take their rose tinted glasses off. Football is a business. And please...... save the "Hindsight" comments.
Joe Allen out for ages on 07:52 - Sep 20 with 3326 viewsHeadmaster

Signed him 6 years too late.
Joe Allen out for ages on 07:53 - Sep 20 with 3326 viewsmagicdaps10

Any news on Liam Walsh? he has been on the grass for quite a while according to the Duff manager but absolutely no sign of him.

Hopefully Joe will be in the dugout on the weekend assisting O'Leary who will be caretaker manager for the Sheff Wed game.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joe Allen out for ages on 08:38 - Sep 20 with 3249 viewsonehunglow

Just who was it that decided to take him back.
We did not learn with Bony.
Joe is done
Great lad,terrific player

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Allen out for ages on 10:14 - Sep 20 with 3165 viewsOptimisticJack

Consider Joe as manager and appoint someone of experience as his No 2 - Osian Roberts?
We need to appoint from within. Someone who has the DNA of the club.

Optimisticjack

Joe Allen out for ages on 11:17 - Sep 20 with 3085 viewsnantywatcher

Joe Allen out for ages on 10:14 - Sep 20 by OptimisticJack

Consider Joe as manager and appoint someone of experience as his No 2 - Osian Roberts?

Not the worst shout of the day.
Joe Allen out for ages on 11:27 - Sep 20 with 3066 viewsmagicdaps10

Joe Allen out for ages on 10:14 - Sep 20 by OptimisticJack

I think Cameron Toshack has to be involved somehow, not necessarily as manager but in the coaching/backroom group.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Allen out for ages on 13:06 - Sep 20 with 2961 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why this obsession with Tosh Jr? He seems to pop up everytime the managers role is mentioned.
Joe Allen out for ages on 13:08 - Sep 20 with 2957 viewsOptimisticJack

Joe Allen out for ages on 11:27 - Sep 20 by magicdaps10

I think Cameron Toshack has to be involved somehow, not necessarily as manager but in the coaching/backroom group.

That would be a sound group of management.
I would be happy with just maintaining our league status as long as we return to our footballing philosophies.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 13:09]

Optimisticjack

Joe Allen out for ages on 13:38 - Sep 20 with 2892 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Allen out for ages on 13:08 - Sep 20 by OptimisticJack

That would be a sound group of management.
I would be happy with just maintaining our league status as long as we return to our footballing philosophies.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 13:09]

Currently I would be happy just to maintain our league status.
Joe Allen out for ages on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 2685 viewsReslovenSwan1

The footballing philosophies was resting on the shoulders on one man Huw Jenkins. He was actually the real man that would need to be carried out in a box. (not Martinez). He was forced out by the people who claim to love the club the most and resented the fact that he actually made a few highly deserved millions for himself.

Birch tried to recrate this by appointing Leon Britton but he was far too well healed to plough through scouting reports and spreadsheets.

HJ obviously made some horrible mistakes in the last season in the Premier league with Clemen not strong enough character to block Bony and Clucas.

Joe Allen was like John Harston and only offered himself to his hometown club when he was washed up. Martinez was offered Hartson but said no thank and went for a much better Jason Scotland if my memory serves me right. HJ was great when pair with a strong manager Martinez Brendan Laudrup and Guidolin and Calvalhal.

Now the US people call the shots and Watson is chief advisor not the "old School".

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Allen out for ages on 19:13 - Sep 20 with 2679 viewswaynekerr55

Joe Allen out for ages on 18:56 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

The footballing philosophies was resting on the shoulders on one man Huw Jenkins. He was actually the real man that would need to be carried out in a box. (not Martinez). He was forced out by the people who claim to love the club the most and resented the fact that he actually made a few highly deserved millions for himself.

Birch tried to recrate this by appointing Leon Britton but he was far too well healed to plough through scouting reports and spreadsheets.

HJ obviously made some horrible mistakes in the last season in the Premier league with Clemen not strong enough character to block Bony and Clucas.

Joe Allen was like John Harston and only offered himself to his hometown club when he was washed up. Martinez was offered Hartson but said no thank and went for a much better Jason Scotland if my memory serves me right. HJ was great when pair with a strong manager Martinez Brendan Laudrup and Guidolin and Calvalhal.

Now the US people call the shots and Watson is chief advisor not the "old School".

Yep, good ol' benevolent Huw that would never do anything bad for the club...

He was brilliant, he wanted to cash in, that was fine. He chose not to roll straight dice. That's on him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:09 - Sep 20 with 2621 viewsmax936

Joe Allen out for ages on 13:06 - Sep 20 by Treforys_Jack

Why this obsession with Tosh Jr? He seems to pop up everytime the managers role is mentioned.

I'm glad someone else has noticed

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:13 - Sep 20 with 2614 viewsmax936

Joe Allen out for ages on 19:13 - Sep 20 by waynekerr55

Yep, good ol' benevolent Huw that would never do anything bad for the club...

He was brilliant, he wanted to cash in, that was fine. He chose not to roll straight dice. That's on him

Legend mun, Should be a statue of the great man outside the Liberty, fme's

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:22 - Sep 20 with 2599 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:13 - Sep 20 by max936

Legend mun, Should be a statue of the great man outside the Liberty, fme's

It wouldn't last long without being defaced.
Joe Allen out for ages (n/t) on 20:30 - Sep 20 with 2577 viewsmax936

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:22 - Sep 20 by Whiterockin

It wouldn't last long without being defaced.

I don't think his nose would last long
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 20:31]

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:38 - Sep 20 with 2565 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Allen out for ages on 07:52 - Sep 20 by Headmaster

Signed him 6 years too late.

Spot on.

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Allen out for ages on 20:40 - Sep 20 with 2560 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Allen out for ages on 13:06 - Sep 20 by Treforys_Jack

Just thinking the same.

I would much prefer Joey, Ash, Rangel, or somebody similar.

Joe Allen out for ages (n/t) on 20:43 - Sep 20 with 2553 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Allen out for ages (n/t) on 20:30 - Sep 20 by max936

I don't think his nose would last long
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 20:31]

🤣🤣

Joe Allen out for ages on 22:17 - Sep 20 with 2488 viewsmajorraglan

Joe Allen out for ages on 18:56 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

You a relative of HJ?

“ HJ obviously made some horrible mistakes in the last season in the Premier league with Clemen not strong enough character to block Bony and Clucas.”

Since when is a manager in a position to block the Chairman/Chief Executive who also happens to be a part owner in the club? Maybe Ferguson could get away with it, but there wouldn’t be many others.
Joe Allen out for ages on 16:19 - Sep 21 with 2288 viewsWhiterockin

Duff comment on the OS today. Am I reading too much into this statement?

“The main worry is Joe Allen in terms of how long he will be out, we cannot put a timeline on it yet.

“He has two or three options and it’s up to him which path he chooses. There’s lots to weigh up for him.”

EDIT

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-wait-josh-key-and-liam-cullen-ahea
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 16:22]
Joe Allen out for ages on 05:48 - Sep 22 with 2121 viewsjack247

Joe Allen out for ages on 16:19 - Sep 21 by Whiterockin

Duff comment on the OS today. Am I reading too much into this statement?

“The main worry is Joe Allen in terms of how long he will be out, we cannot put a timeline on it yet.

“He has two or three options and it’s up to him which path he chooses. There’s lots to weigh up for him.”

EDIT

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-wait-josh-key-and-liam-cullen-ahea
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 16:22]

I read that the same way.

If he’s implying Joe could retire, having been due to start at Cardiff, it must be a bad one.
Joe Allen out for ages on 10:10 - Sep 22 with 2032 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Allen out for ages on 05:48 - Sep 22 by jack247

I read that the same way.

If he’s implying Joe could retire, having been due to start at Cardiff, it must be a bad one.

That’s the issue.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Allen out for ages on 10:13 - Sep 22 with 2025 viewsonehunglow

Joe will not play much part again on the pitch l
Maybe off the pitch but he’s short to pieces and people need to accept that.
Same with Walsh,an horrific purchase .
We are carrying Walsh Joe and Naughton and people go on about money and wages at the club !

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024