Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ 13:58 - Jan 22 with 5376 viewsRhonddaSwans

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 14:00 - Jan 22 with 2732 viewsRhonddaSwans

This one is for you res we can have a vote on it.

Please can you state your case for it here bro?

And not on the Kasey Palmer thread

Thank you butty

RJ

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:07 - Jan 22 with 2595 views1983

One person saying it in a very vindictive way rather than several hundred football fans laughing singing it can have a very different reaction from myself.

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:20 - Jan 22 with 2573 viewsjackrmee

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:07 - Jan 22 by 1983

One person saying it in a very vindictive way rather than several hundred football fans laughing singing it can have a very different reaction from myself.

I agree, but even then, in an argument, whoever is arguing will instinctively pick on things they can use as an insult.
Fat, four eyes, ginger, scruffy (me), ugly (also me), sheepshagger (again me), etc etc.
People should not take insults personally, whatever they may be. Unless the insult is particularly uncalled for or in a different context

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:30 - Jan 22 with 2547 viewsjack247

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 14:00 - Jan 22 by RhonddaSwans

Thank you butty

RJ

I’m amazed that Resolven can get offended by something that is clearly nonsensical, but practically gloat about the situation at Tata, on the day of the announcement, despite the very real impact it has on thousands of local people.

Nobody actually thinks Welsh people shag sheep.
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:35 - Jan 22 with 2527 viewsWhiterockin

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:30 - Jan 22 by jack247

I’m amazed that Resolven can get offended by something that is clearly nonsensical, but practically gloat about the situation at Tata, on the day of the announcement, despite the very real impact it has on thousands of local people.

Possible it touches a nerve in the upper valley
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:45 - Jan 22 with 2494 viewsswan_si

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 14:00 - Jan 22 by RhonddaSwans

Thank you butty

RJ

Surely to register a vote you need to be Welsh, or is it an anti- Res poll?πŸ€”
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 2489 viewstheloneranger

... And then there's Goats!!

A man was fined Β£250 last week in Swansea Magistrates Court - for making love to a Goat!!

The next man in the dock was find Β£1000 ...

FOR ...

Acting the Goat. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:16 - Jan 22 with 2392 viewsSullutaCreturned

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:46 - Jan 22 by theloneranger

... And then there's Goats!!

A man was fined Β£250 last week in Swansea Magistrates Court - for making love to a Goat!!

The next man in the dock was find Β£1000 ...

FOR ...

Acting the Goat. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Have you paid up yet?
Login to get fewer ads

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:33 - Jan 22 with 2361 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:20 - Jan 22 by jackrmee

I agree, but even then, in an argument, whoever is arguing will instinctively pick on things they can use as an insult.
Fat, four eyes, ginger, scruffy (me), ugly (also me), sheepshagger (again me), etc etc.
People should not take insults personally, whatever they may be. Unless the insult is particularly uncalled for or in a different context

Tell that to Casey Palmer.

Swansea had 4 instances 2 seasons back

Whittaker - Pretty upset
Danhda - Very upset indeed.
Rhys Willaims - Extremely upset
Ben Cabango - Brushed it off.

Perhaps players from Swansea are used to it. ?

Wise sage since Toshack era

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:46 - Jan 22 with 2346 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:30 - Jan 22 by jack247

I did not gloat over anything. The world can be a tough place. I have been laid off twice with minimal pay offs and no benefits.

Who said I was offended? Sheep slurs are illegal. I do not get offended that right wing thickos from England sing slurs based on the fact I am Welsh. They are racist filth that taunt Black people as well . I just get very sad the Welsh thicko wimps repeat them.

No one actually thinks Black people are monkeys.

Are Swansea / Wales fans are intrinsically racist and sing racist slurs against decent Welsh people who do not like football?. An embarrassment to the nation.
[Post edited 22 Jan 18:55]

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:04 - Jan 22 with 2293 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 16:07 - Jan 22 by 1983

We’re talking about the chant here πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:40 - Jan 22 with 2233 viewstheloneranger

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:16 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

Have you paid up yet?

I won't admit which one is me, but I've already paid off Β£600 of my fine.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:07 - Jan 22 with 2182 viewsjack247

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 18:46 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I did not gloat over anything. The world can be a tough place. I have been laid off twice with minimal pay offs and no benefits.

Who said I was offended? Sheep slurs are illegal. I do not get offended that right wing thickos from England sing slurs based on the fact I am Welsh. They are racist filth that taunt Black people as well . I just get very sad the Welsh thicko wimps repeat them.

No one actually thinks Black people are monkeys.

Are Swansea / Wales fans are intrinsically racist and sing racist slurs against decent Welsh people who do not like football?. An embarrassment to the nation.
[Post edited 22 Jan 18:55]

If you honestly think one set of supporters chanting β€˜sheepshaggers’ to another is on par with people making monkey noises/gestures at individuals, then to be honest, I can see why you can’t see anything wrong with your steelworks posts last week.

Just to clarify then, you don’t find sheep chants offensive?
To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:14 - Jan 22 with 2168 views1983

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 19:04 - Jan 22 by PatchesOHoulihan

We’re talking about the chant here πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Ok then

Nah its just a laugh in it 🀷🏻

But like I said come up into my face and call me that directly the then outcome will be different.
[Post edited 22 Jan 20:15]

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:18 - Jan 22 with 2142 viewsunion_jack

There’s been a flurry of votes against it even though only one obvious one on here has expressed having a problem with it.

It’s got the hallmarks of the POTY vote all over againπŸ˜‰

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:23 - Jan 22 with 2139 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I always get really offended when someone calls me a sheep shagger. I can never find one that even remotely fancies me.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:27 - Jan 22 with 2134 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:07 - Jan 22 by jack247

If you honestly think one set of supporters chanting β€˜sheepshaggers’ to another is on par with people making monkey noises/gestures at individuals, then to be honest, I can see why you can’t see anything wrong with your steelworks posts last week.

Just to clarify then, you don’t find sheep chants offensive?

The two issues are separate. I feel for the people of my district NPT.

The chants are offensive but do not make me angry from the English lower classes. It is what I expect from them to a certain extent.

They are now, by social pressures under pressure from TV cameras, threats of action, peer pressure, relentless media coverage, and disdain from their own black players encouraged away from Anti African abuse. It still persists sadly.

I have been with Hereford fans close up and personal at Merthyr as my mate supports the Bulls. The chanting was not nudge nudge wink giggle. It was aggressive threatening and a blow out for serious mentally questionable thugs probably already with criminal records.

If you are a Swansea fans you cannot have missed it. Swansea fans engage and share the filth and give these people free pass. Welsh fans shared the filth in the World cup. The same people do all the pseudo obscene stuff Sheep / Airplane accidents / mass killings etc. It is a twisted way of thinking which the East stand enjoy engaging with.

I would support Coleman if he applied the three phase UEFA warning system to make the Swansea.com family friendly. It is a natural evolution. From the terrible 1970 and 1980s to today.

Sky Sports went in big on Bulgarians and Hungarians singing chants about Raheem Sterling and laid into FIFA and EUFA. When Gerwyn and his family were reduced to tears Sky Sports turned down the volume so English people would not be offended. We do not need to take this crap. It is an English problem. They should "own it" not us.

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:33 - Jan 22 with 2124 viewsmax936

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:18 - Jan 22 by union_jack

There’s been a flurry of votes against it even though only one obvious one on here has expressed having a problem with it.

Innit, these polls are full of skull duggery, I blame Drakeford, he's got his grubby little germans all over it
[Post edited 22 Jan 20:33]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 2099 viewsSullutaCreturned

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:18 - Jan 22 by union_jack

Only 2-3 people have ever really moaned about the sheep thing. Given all the responses and criticism levelled at Res its hard to understand how Res got near winning POTY. In a few hours 3 votes has become 17, likePOTY, it's a mystery.

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:15 - Jan 22 with 2046 viewsSTID2017

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:27 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

The two issues are separate. I feel for the people of my district NPT.

The chants are offensive but do not make me angry from the English lower classes. It is what I expect from them to a certain extent.

They are now, by social pressures under pressure from TV cameras, threats of action, peer pressure, relentless media coverage, and disdain from their own black players encouraged away from Anti African abuse. It still persists sadly.

I have been with Hereford fans close up and personal at Merthyr as my mate supports the Bulls. The chanting was not nudge nudge wink giggle. It was aggressive threatening and a blow out for serious mentally questionable thugs probably already with criminal records.

If you are a Swansea fans you cannot have missed it. Swansea fans engage and share the filth and give these people free pass. Welsh fans shared the filth in the World cup. The same people do all the pseudo obscene stuff Sheep / Airplane accidents / mass killings etc. It is a twisted way of thinking which the East stand enjoy engaging with.

I would support Coleman if he applied the three phase UEFA warning system to make the Swansea.com family friendly. It is a natural evolution. From the terrible 1970 and 1980s to today.

Sky Sports went in big on Bulgarians and Hungarians singing chants about Raheem Sterling and laid into FIFA and EUFA. When Gerwyn and his family were reduced to tears Sky Sports turned down the volume so English people would not be offended. We do not need to take this crap. It is an English problem. They should "own it" not us.

You cannot honestly compare the abuse, physical and verbal, that blacks have suffered over many, many years to an infantile football chair.
To compare the abuse of one black player in isolation to the sheep chant shows your lack of intelligence and knowledge and empathy (yet again) to many millions subjected to very real abuse and worse both historically and even within our lifetime.
Many people died due to that bigotry and during slavery blacks were treated as sub human. Horses and cattle had more value than humans.
Can you honestly give one example where anyone has been so offended by the S/S chant as to even report it to the club, a steward or the police.
To compare Palmer's abuse to the chant shows what a low self centred individual you are with no real compassion for his fellow man

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:18 - Jan 22 with 2026 viewsunion_jack

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:47 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

Only 2-3 people have ever really moaned about the sheep thing. Given all the responses and criticism levelled at Res its hard to understand how Res got near winning POTY. In a few hours 3 votes has become 17, likePOTY, it's a mystery.

My point exactly.

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:45 - Jan 22 with 1996 viewsmax936

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:15 - Jan 22 by STID2017

You cannot honestly compare the abuse, physical and verbal, that blacks have suffered over many, many years to an infantile football chair.
To compare the abuse of one black player in isolation to the sheep chant shows your lack of intelligence and knowledge and empathy (yet again) to many millions subjected to very real abuse and worse both historically and even within our lifetime.
Many people died due to that bigotry and during slavery blacks were treated as sub human. Horses and cattle had more value than humans.
Can you honestly give one example where anyone has been so offended by the S/S chant as to even report it to the club, a steward or the police.
To compare Palmer's abuse to the chant shows what a low self centred individual you are with no real compassion for his fellow man

Great post, good to read a post that actually shows common sense

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:46 - Jan 22 with 1995 viewsReslovenSwan1

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:15 - Jan 22 by STID2017

I find the abuse of Casey Palmer disgusting. It is pseudo obscene designed to shock and demonstrate an independent anti social streak. Sheep slurs against the Welsh nation are the same.

They are slurs by a majority against a minority group. 99% (perhaps) of black people take offence and want action against it. I estimated 25% of Welsh or UK people in general people or more have a similar view. This poll actually tests it out. I probably understated the case. A substantial number of people are not happy with the East stand chants.

The club professed ZERO TOLERANCE. Zero means zero to these types of ethnic slurs.

Again I make case and get my character targeted. You are in a majority of forum divas who go for the poster not the argument.

I get no support in writing just in votes it seems. Racial issues need careful handling. The argument is about philosophies not historical issues. I read a plaque to the fatalities of the Senghenedd mining disaster. The youngest a was six years old.

Bravo to Rhondda for making the poll. I will review the finding once the poll is closed. This once again shows the Swansea Independent is a leader in its field.
[Post edited 22 Jan 22:35]

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:53 - Jan 22 with 1972 viewsReslovenSwan1

So far 18 for action 3 against 22 abstentions.

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 21:56 - Jan 22 with 1958 viewsunion_jack

To solve the πŸ‘ lover question is the chant ok πŸ˜‰β‰οΈ on 20:47 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

It’s also the same as the change of name vote which surprised us all really.

All a bit 🐟

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024