Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's a good chance 10:12 - Jun 30 with 2559 viewsswancity

Of blowing Huw Jenkins right out of the water here. Legal advice seems to confirm it.

So go for it. Stop pussy footing around with reasons why it shouldn't be done. There's a very strong case, it seems as water tight as they come. Confirmed by the QC.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

There's a good chance on 10:16 - Jun 30 with 2539 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Winning the case doesn't blow Huw Jenkins anywhere. The Trust gets very wealthy, Huw Jenkins remains as chairman and a shareholder of Swansea City.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

There's a good chance on 10:21 - Jun 30 with 2510 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A QCs advice is just that advice and an opinion. QCs on average only win 50% of their cases they lose the other 50%. The only people who make money in a case like this are the lawyers. If you lose the case you end up paying your legal expenses plus the legal expenses of the other party plus court costs. Why not work together and find a solution that suits both sides. You should not let your hatred a person cloud your judgement let alone use the Trusts money to get revenge.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

There's a good chance on 10:21 - Jun 30 with 2503 viewsHighjack

Can't we use the money from the deal to pay him to fu ck off?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

There's a good chance on 10:22 - Jun 30 with 2499 viewsswancity

There's a good chance on 10:16 - Jun 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Winning the case doesn't blow Huw Jenkins anywhere. The Trust gets very wealthy, Huw Jenkins remains as chairman and a shareholder of Swansea City.

I think you'll find that he'll be under so much pressure that he'll do the honourable thing and walk. He's being given a red carpet to walk on at the moment. It's bloody wrong from every angle.

There's a good chance on 10:23 - Jun 30 with 2495 viewsswancity

There's a good chance on 10:21 - Jun 30 by felixstowe_jack

A QCs advice is just that advice and an opinion. QCs on average only win 50% of their cases they lose the other 50%. The only people who make money in a case like this are the lawyers. If you lose the case you end up paying your legal expenses plus the legal expenses of the other party plus court costs. Why not work together and find a solution that suits both sides. You should not let your hatred a person cloud your judgement let alone use the Trusts money to get revenge.

50%? That seems bollox I'm afraid.

There's a good chance on 10:29 - Jun 30 with 2458 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There's a good chance on 10:22 - Jun 30 by swancity

I think you'll find that he'll be under so much pressure that he'll do the honourable thing and walk. He's being given a red carpet to walk on at the moment. It's bloody wrong from every angle.

He doesn't have an honourable bone in his body. You give him far too much credit. He'd stay and the Trust would be permanently out of the loop.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

There's a good chance on 10:33 - Jun 30 with 2430 viewsVetchfielder

Every case involving QC's will have a loser and a winner, so I can see where you get the 50% from but it's misleading. I bet the % win is much higher for QC's representing complainants (as opposed to those representing defendants) and higher still for those that have had good advice from a QC even before going to court.

Proud to have been one of the 231

There's a good chance on 10:38 - Jun 30 with 2412 viewsPhil_S

Just to categorically state something here

If the Trust members elect to take the litigation option then Huw Jenkins remains as Chairman and in excess of 5% shareholder in Swansea City.

Voting to take that option does not and will not change that

Just for clarity
Login to get fewer ads

There's a good chance on 10:42 - Jun 30 with 2374 viewsswanforthemoney

You don't necessarily blow HJ out of the water. He has the full support of the majority owners. That is very clear.
If you bring a case against HJ he just puts his assets out of reach. You've surly seen the cases in the paper of these bitter divorces and the husband salts his money away, the wife spends millions pursuing him, wins and gets nothing. She goes to hell in a handcart, he's still got bits and bobs of assets all over the place and does all right thank you.
It's cutting off you nose to spite your face taking action. The buyers seem to have caved in completely. Take the offer of purchasing about half our shares on the same terms as the sell outs got, and retain a shareholding and a seat on the board. It really is win win.
The visceral hatred of Jenkins is blinding people to the opportunity to set the Trust up with more capital than a lot of league clubs.
With this offer, the Trust will be able to keep oversight and have the financial wherewithall to enforce it. And that will be for GENERATIONS long after Jenkins and the current Trust Board are having to have their arses wiped for them.

I stand in the North Stand

There's a good chance on 10:45 - Jun 30 with 2350 viewspikeypaul

QCs with very good cases win far more than 50% of their cases.

Overall QCs win and lose 50% since the QCs employed to defend clients who have broken the law and being sued would only win a small percentage of their cases..

And that is were we stand. TO say every court case is a 50/50 is obviously a silly statement.

Court cases are decided on all known facts and not on a toss of a coin which you are implying.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

There's a good chance on 10:57 - Jun 30 with 2277 viewspencoedjack

So if you got royally fuked over by people you had a share in a business with, you'd just let it go & work with the new owners and the people who fuked you over ?

Wow
There's a good chance on 11:16 - Jun 30 with 2197 viewsFlashberryjack

There's a good chance on 10:21 - Jun 30 by Highjack

Can't we use the money from the deal to pay him to fu ck off?

Don't you think we've paid Huw enough already ? I wouldn't give the c*nt another penny.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

There's a good chance on 11:56 - Jun 30 with 2043 viewswaynekerr55

There's a good chance on 10:22 - Jun 30 by swancity

Honorable thing?

You do realise the man has more front than Southend. The c*nt aint going anywhere

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

There's a good chance on 17:10 - Jun 30 with 1523 viewsbuilthjack

Get a hitman in

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

There's a good chance on 17:21 - Jun 30 with 1487 viewsOldjack

Treacherous Huw made us biggish mind ,he'll never leave whilst the Yanks love him

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

There's a good chance on 17:46 - Jun 30 with 1412 viewsmonmouth

Much as the bloke makes my skin crawl, and it hurts to say this, forget Huw Jenkins in terms of this decision. The only question is what's best for the SUPPORTERS of Swansea City. To me that means a mix of money and influence. So normally I would say do the deal. Particularly with the tagging rights. Problem is, it feels like a really sub optimal deal. So it's whether I'd rather the Trust get full value (I think they would win) and let people I don't trust one inch to ever play fair, or to act in good faith, just get on with it with the safety net established.

For me, All the club in turmoil stuff is just a red herring. Footballers play for money, the yanks will remain the owners, jenkins will remain chairman, and it's in no one's interest for the club to not be as successful as possible throughout a background litigation. So I'm just fully discounting that stuff.

So still totally undecided. Yanks could have killed it with a truly fair deal, but they chose not to, which is probably as good a sign as any that we should tell them to stuff it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

There's a good chance on 19:25 - Jun 30 with 1277 viewsBillyChong

There's a good chance on 17:46 - Jun 30 by monmouth

Much as the bloke makes my skin crawl, and it hurts to say this, forget Huw Jenkins in terms of this decision. The only question is what's best for the SUPPORTERS of Swansea City. To me that means a mix of money and influence. So normally I would say do the deal. Particularly with the tagging rights. Problem is, it feels like a really sub optimal deal. So it's whether I'd rather the Trust get full value (I think they would win) and let people I don't trust one inch to ever play fair, or to act in good faith, just get on with it with the safety net established.

For me, All the club in turmoil stuff is just a red herring. Footballers play for money, the yanks will remain the owners, jenkins will remain chairman, and it's in no one's interest for the club to not be as successful as possible throughout a background litigation. So I'm just fully discounting that stuff.

So still totally undecided. Yanks could have killed it with a truly fair deal, but they chose not to, which is probably as good a sign as any that we should tell them to stuff it.

That last paragraph sums it up for me atm
There's a good chance on 19:36 - Jun 30 with 1220 viewsheadcleaner

have the owners done or said anything in the last year to suggest they are decent and trustworthy guys? No thought not. I know it's burning bridges and the trust might feel uncomfortable facing these snakes and current owners but if the members want a fight how long will it take to get the ball rolling?

Also if the trust boards advice is to put up and suck it up as unpalatable as it is then they get forced to go down the litigation route will their hearts be in the fight 100%.

Obviously, I'd love to be in the premier league fighting to finish as high as possible and win a cup but I won't lose any sleep if I find myself watching the swans in any of the divisions below us. but I will feel a huge sense of satisfaction seeing the board's money evaporate and their income streams dry up and Huw will fark orf to squander his ill-gotten gain and hopefully, we can all sit in the public gallery as he files for another bankruptcy. The whole thing really does rankle even after all these months.
There's a good chance on 19:42 - Jun 30 with 1196 viewsLandore_Jack

There's a good chance on 17:10 - Jun 30 by builthjack

Get a hitman in

Or the North Bank Alliance.

#backtojack

There's a good chance on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 1054 viewsMeraki

There's a good chance on 10:38 - Jun 30 by Phil_S

Just to categorically state something here

If the Trust members elect to take the litigation option then Huw Jenkins remains as Chairman and in excess of 5% shareholder in Swansea City.

Voting to take that option does not and will not change that

Just for clarity

And if they vote to take the pay-off that option does not and will not change that.

But at least we won't look like a bunch of f*cking wet wipes, should of just done this a year ago.
There's a good chance on 21:02 - Jun 30 with 1044 viewsSwansNZ

There's a good chance on 10:23 - Jun 30 by swancity

50%? That seems bollox I'm afraid.

If one wins the other loses, simple = 50%

Could be that ours is the Chelsea of QCs, or we could have the Sunderland of QCs.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

There's a good chance on 00:16 - Jul 1 with 763 viewsLoyal

On average of course they win 50%
There's only two fcking sides 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

There's a good chance on 03:25 - Jul 1 with 723 viewsDJack

Full disclosure , mate.

Personally I think you are a dick... but I cannot lie , your quoted statement is bang on the money... have an up arrow.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

There's a good chance on 03:37 - Jul 1 with 716 viewsDJack

There's a good chance on 17:46 - Jun 30 by monmouth

Monny, as ever you are awesome!... Lap of the gods, what do we do? Sup with the devil or elect the death of our choosing!? Premier league or OUR CLUB.

Jenkins is a distraction and not THE choice ...but the choice we have is not great.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024