Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona 23:43 - Aug 16 with 5462 viewsGeoffThom

Over a billion in debt, wtf how can you allow that crazy figure
Barcelona on 01:05 - Aug 17 with 3155 viewsKeithHaynes

They are Barca mate, that’s the reason. Debt could be wiped out in a day if they had to.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Barcelona on 07:03 - Aug 17 with 3108 viewsDr_Winston

Because they spent more than they had coming in otherwise the fans would have gone mental at the lack of "investment and ambition". Their supporters are kicking off now because Messi has gone, when they should have been kicking off at him getting paid £100m a season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Barcelona on 07:29 - Aug 17 with 3086 viewsmajorraglan

Barcelona on 07:03 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Because they spent more than they had coming in otherwise the fans would have gone mental at the lack of "investment and ambition". Their supporters are kicking off now because Messi has gone, when they should have been kicking off at him getting paid £100m a season.

Good post.

What’s happened is insane. They’ve wasted heaps of cash overpaying and overpaying for players.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 7:29]
Barcelona on 08:52 - Aug 17 with 3022 viewsWhiterockin

All that debt and they haven't won the Champions League since 2014/15 season. Makes no sense at all really.
Barcelona on 10:26 - Aug 17 with 2956 viewsMrSwerve

Barcelona on 08:52 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

All that debt and they haven't won the Champions League since 2014/15 season. Makes no sense at all really.

It’s almost as if throwing cash at a club without spending it wisely doesn’t necessarily guarantee success...

A lot of our fans could learn from this...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Barcelona on 10:34 - Aug 17 with 2939 viewsWhiterockin

Barcelona on 10:26 - Aug 17 by MrSwerve

It’s almost as if throwing cash at a club without spending it wisely doesn’t necessarily guarantee success...

A lot of our fans could learn from this...

This 100% patience and develop is the key. Yes you always need to bring players in, but they have to be within budget.
Barcelona on 13:09 - Aug 17 with 2876 viewsCatullus

Barcelona on 01:05 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

They are Barca mate, that’s the reason. Debt could be wiped out in a day if they had to.

How?

If they started selling players because they wanted to pay it off then the team probably falls out of contention.

Given their academy and the attractiveness of Barcelona as a club, they should never have gotten into this position. Prime example of cheque book management.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Barcelona on 13:21 - Aug 17 with 2857 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is similar to Merthyr Town two years ago. They spent all their free cash on players and then could not pay the tax bill. They perhaps knew that the fans would bail them out for the £15,000 or whatever it was.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Barcelona on 13:35 - Aug 17 with 2837 views73__73

Barcelona on 01:05 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Debt could be wiped out within a day ? What do you know that the president of Barcelona doesn’t ?

Or are you just talking rubbish ?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 13:35]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Barcelona on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 2811 viewsjasper_T

Barcelona on 07:03 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Unlike most of their high earners Messi was actually worth what he was getting. Being forced to lose him makes their problem so much worse.

https://everythingbarca.com/2021/02/05/lionel-messi-generates-barcelona/
Barcelona on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 2758 viewsKeithHaynes

Barcelona on 13:35 - Aug 17 by 73__73

Debt could be wiped out within a day ? What do you know that the president of Barcelona doesn’t ?

Or are you just talking rubbish ?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 13:35]

If you can’t phrase a question properly, then don’t expect an educated answer.
If your brain is inappropriately situated enough for you not to think with a level head instead of confronting almost everyone on this website, then you have a choice. Or you can have that choice made for you. Personally I’m pretty tired of your constant babbling and confrontational ‘keyboard’ shithousery, as are many others who continually complain about you. To date I’ve welcomed all manner of opinions on here, and on numerous occasions have saved you from being banned.

It isn’t my fault your comprehension of an opinion doesn’t stem beyond confrontation. Or at least do some research and try and ‘understand’ the context in what has been said. That’s your issue. But it won’t be an issue for much longer, try being approachable and friendly, or at least try being the same person you are in the flesh.

Which I very much doubt you are the same as on here.

Barcelona on 15:59 - Aug 17 with 2747 views73__73

Barcelona on 15:56 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

If you can’t phrase a question properly, then don’t expect an educated answer.
If your brain is inappropriately situated enough for you not to think with a level head instead of confronting almost everyone on this website, then you have a choice. Or you can have that choice made for you. Personally I’m pretty tired of your constant babbling and confrontational ‘keyboard’ shithousery, as are many others who continually complain about you. To date I’ve welcomed all manner of opinions on here, and on numerous occasions have saved you from being banned.

It isn’t my fault your comprehension of an opinion doesn’t stem beyond confrontation. Or at least do some research and try and ‘understand’ the context in what has been said. That’s your issue. But it won’t be an issue for much longer, try being approachable and friendly, or at least try being the same person you are in the flesh.

Which I very much doubt you are the same as on here.

Ban away. You are talking nonsense not for the first time, but as I’ve said issue me with a ban.
No skin off my nose.

Barcelona on 16:11 - Aug 17 with 2746 viewsKeithHaynes

Barcelona on 13:09 - Aug 17 by Catullus

How?

If they started selling players because they wanted to pay it off then the team probably falls out of contention.

Given their academy and the attractiveness of Barcelona as a club, they should never have gotten into this position. Prime example of cheque book management.

Thank you for phrasing the response fairly mate.

Barca could raise that cash in an instant if they had to, it’s long been under discussion here in all the main sports papers that the strength of the club is the ownership. The reference to the president of Barcelona and his finances by 73 shows a complete lack of understanding of how the club works. The president of the club is only there by virtue of the socio. Barcelona's structural organisation ensures that the club cannot be run by the same board for a long period of time. The club's board can be changed when the fans feel that a new group can take the club to new heights.

**Bloomberg : Barcelona isn’t just the richest team in soccer, it’s the richest team in sports, period. At least, by revenue. In 2019 it became the first sports club ever to make more than $1 billion in annual revenue. The NFL’s Dallas Cowboys make a comparatively paltry $800 million.

The club has the capacity to reduce any debt they have by virtue of the fact it is fan owned and therefore the current 140,000 supporters can at any time input finances in to the club as they have in the past. If any debt threatened the existence of the club the allocated board and the supporters could wipe the current debt out in a day. They also have the capacity to reduce debt, as they have with Messi leaving on paper. They will take some more pain this season to reduce the debt further.

Easily.

To honestly believe that the president of the club is actually in control financially or in any other way other than organisationally comes from a complete lack of knowledge as I have suggested. But then I think most on here would agree.

Barcelona on 16:12 - Aug 17 with 2741 viewsKeithHaynes

Barcelona on 15:59 - Aug 17 by 73__73

Ban away. You are talking nonsense not for the first time, but as I’ve said issue me with a ban.
No skin off my nose.

Care to point the rubbish out ?
Or is it another keyboard venture because your so bitter ?

You are in the minority ( as you are on most things ) and if it is rubbish maybe you could just disappear and go elsewhere ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Barcelona on 16:14 - Aug 17 with 2722 views73__73

Barcelona on 16:11 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Thank you for phrasing the response fairly mate.

Barca could raise that cash in an instant if they had to, it’s long been under discussion here in all the main sports papers that the strength of the club is the ownership. The reference to the president of Barcelona and his finances by 73 shows a complete lack of understanding of how the club works. The president of the club is only there by virtue of the socio. Barcelona's structural organisation ensures that the club cannot be run by the same board for a long period of time. The club's board can be changed when the fans feel that a new group can take the club to new heights.

**Bloomberg : Barcelona isn’t just the richest team in soccer, it’s the richest team in sports, period. At least, by revenue. In 2019 it became the first sports club ever to make more than $1 billion in annual revenue. The NFL’s Dallas Cowboys make a comparatively paltry $800 million.

The club has the capacity to reduce any debt they have by virtue of the fact it is fan owned and therefore the current 140,000 supporters can at any time input finances in to the club as they have in the past. If any debt threatened the existence of the club the allocated board and the supporters could wipe the current debt out in a day. They also have the capacity to reduce debt, as they have with Messi leaving on paper. They will take some more pain this season to reduce the debt further.

Easily.

To honestly believe that the president of the club is actually in control financially or in any other way other than organisationally comes from a complete lack of knowledge as I have suggested. But then I think most on here would agree.

So explain how they can get rid of over £1.1 billion of debt in one day

Barcelona on 16:15 - Aug 17 with 2720 viewsKeithHaynes

Barcelona on 16:14 - Aug 17 by 73__73

So explain how they can get rid of over £1.1 billion of debt in one day

I just did. Are you ok?

Barcelona on 16:27 - Aug 17 with 2693 viewsKeithHaynes

No skin off my nose.

I’m going to let the website speak first.

Barcelona on 16:30 - Aug 17 with 2682 views73__73

Barcelona on 16:15 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

I just did. Are you ok?

I’m fine thanks. Barcelona may have the biggest revenue turnover in football, but that turnover is irrelevant, as they have debts of £1.15 billion. 103 % of their turnover is spent on wages alone.
No football club or business can sustain that level of spending, especially if they already have huge debts, unless a billionaire comes to the rescue

If they are so successful away from the pitch, surely they wouldn’t be in any debt.
They are haemorrhaging huge amounts of money and not only will they need to spend money to keep the team successful, they also have to pay that debt off.

Barcelona on 16:43 - Aug 17 with 2668 viewsNotLoyal

Barcelona on 16:12 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Care to point the rubbish out ?
Or is it another keyboard venture because your so bitter ?

You are in the minority ( as you are on most things ) and if it is rubbish maybe you could just disappear and go elsewhere ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

The blokes a complete coward, let him get the feedback as to what a complete dick he is then ban him. He's been the same for years on here, a proper attention seeker.
His Mrs sells coffee apparently.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Barcelona on 16:45 - Aug 17 with 2658 viewsonehunglow

Well ,at least you spelt hemorraging right.Us plebs have to look up to people like you,those who see no evil or threat in a virus that has wiped out perfectly helpful people,an individual not moved by the plight of ordinary people in Afghan and one that sees any authority as a threat.All pity you

If you are on a wind up,you are a failure as most can see through you.Everyone with any sense of decency hates what you post,the filthy warped lies ,the abusing of a world renowned scientist who is really one of our own.To be a WUM ,at least a good one,you have to have a little humility and be able to draw the line.

That you have not been banned from this site staggers and show the forebearance the owner has to let even cretins like you a conduit to vent pure contempt on all who read.

You could well be a member of PS and on here to cause friction. That failed before and is failing now.

It's a short life son,go life what you have left.Do it now.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barcelona on 16:47 - Aug 17 with 2656 viewsProfessor

"Mas que un club" (More than a club) is Barca's motto. It is fundamentally rooted into Catalan culture in a way no other club is related to its environs or fanbase. A visit to the Camp Nou will tell you that. That debt could disappear easily and quickly. It's a wealthy region. To think otherwise shows a naivety and lack of understanding of Barca and Real's role in Spain.

It's a lot of money, but they have a huge support and ownership in a way no other club has. I would suggest reading the book "Morbo' to have an understanding.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morbo-Spanish-Football-Phil-Ball/dp/0956101127
Barcelona on 16:48 - Aug 17 with 2647 viewsonehunglow

Barcelona on 16:47 - Aug 17 by Professor

"Mas que un club" (More than a club) is Barca's motto. It is fundamentally rooted into Catalan culture in a way no other club is related to its environs or fanbase. A visit to the Camp Nou will tell you that. That debt could disappear easily and quickly. It's a wealthy region. To think otherwise shows a naivety and lack of understanding of Barca and Real's role in Spain.

It's a lot of money, but they have a huge support and ownership in a way no other club has. I would suggest reading the book "Morbo' to have an understanding.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morbo-Spanish-Football-Phil-Ball/dp/0956101127

Sent you a PM Paul.
I'm up for the Preston game.

I drive and provide the sherbet dips
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 16:48]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Barcelona on 16:50 - Aug 17 with 2645 viewsWhiterockin

Barcelona on 16:43 - Aug 17 by NotLoyal

The blokes a complete coward, let him get the feedback as to what a complete dick he is then ban him. He's been the same for years on here, a proper attention seeker.
His Mrs sells coffee apparently.

Maybe, just maybe, he should wake up and smell it while he can.
Barcelona on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 2623 viewspencoedjack

No skin off my nose.

Chill fella you are making yourself look a bit of knob here.

Its a football forum people have different views, if you think posters are talking nonsense then just don't respond (although my not responding to Killy is somewhat more understandable than anyone not replying to Keith).
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 16:55]
Barcelona on 16:58 - Aug 17 with 2610 viewsWhiterockin

Barcelona on 16:27 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

I’m going to let the website speak first.

I think 73_73 has sailed very close to the wind on many occasions, as have a couple of posters on this site. Its a free world and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But its the way it is put forward. TBH I don't see what benefit he brings to the site now, he has crossed the line too often.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024