Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board meeting 13:47 - May 9 with 12075 viewsoldcob

Wednesday to discuss Francos future.
Board meeting on 13:53 - May 9 with 3960 viewsmorningstar

Where'd you hear this cob?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Board meeting on 13:58 - May 9 with 3936 viewspikeypaul

Sky sports news

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Board meeting on 14:04 - May 9 with 3905 viewsLohengrin

Brendan must have said no then?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Board meeting on 14:10 - May 9 with 3877 viewspikeypaul

Board meeting on 14:04 - May 9 by Lohengrin

How do you come to that conclusion ? He might have said yes and the board need to meet regarding timing of departures / arrivals etc.Also a formal meeting regarding this would need to take place even if things have already been decided by the decision makers.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Board meeting on 14:15 - May 9 with 3856 viewsDevz00

The board meeting isn't specifically to discuss the future of the manager. It's a regular board meeting in which he will be one of the topics. If Sky Sports said it was just to discuss Guidolin then it's a misleading headline.

EDIT - here you go...

"We have got our normal monthly board meeting on Wednesday and, yes, we will be discussing the managerial situation," Jenkins told the South Wales Evening Post.
"We are talking things through this week and we will give out a further update when we can.
"It could be this week or it could be next week when a decision is made.
"There's lots to talk through. We will talk about the season we have had, where we have finished and what we feel we need in the summer."
[Post edited 9 May 2016 14:17]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Board meeting on 14:20 - May 9 with 3834 viewsymaohyd

Board meeting on 14:04 - May 9 by Lohengrin

You do wonder?

What a bizarre season.

First off credit has got to be given to the board and the decision makers.

Change was needed, change happened and we now sit on a very healthy 46 points. Look at Newcastle and Norwich and they look doomed.

At one point the new riches of the TV money looked to be passing us by. To use a rugby analogy, when Gatland made the decision to drop BOD from the final test against Australia and the Lions ran riot, Irish complaints that he shouldn't have been dropped, (Keith Wood to this day still moans about it), were rendered null and void.

In the same vein, whatever peoples feelings of the board, however they stumbled across Guidolin, doesn't matter, change was needed, change happened...end of, credit due.

Now though, with the vast riches of football's latest tv contract around the corner, they want us to believe that they are going to consider the subject of next years manager for the first time collectively on Wednesday!?

If that is the case then Franco is here for another season...good for him. That's the only conclusion that can be made, guy comes in, transforms us, surely this meeting should be a rubber stamping exercise?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Board meeting on 14:23 - May 9 with 3820 viewsLegend83

IMO the fact the managerial situation is an agenda item gives hope to those who want FG to remain.

Fingers crossed!
Board meeting on 14:27 - May 9 with 3800 viewslondonlisa2001

Board meeting on 14:15 - May 9 by Devz00

The board meeting isn't specifically to discuss the future of the manager. It's a regular board meeting in which he will be one of the topics. If Sky Sports said it was just to discuss Guidolin then it's a misleading headline.

EDIT - here you go...

"We have got our normal monthly board meeting on Wednesday and, yes, we will be discussing the managerial situation," Jenkins told the South Wales Evening Post.
"We are talking things through this week and we will give out a further update when we can.
"There's lots to talk through. We will talk about the season we have had, where we have finished and what we feel we need in the summer."

That statement would have us believe that 4 days before the end of the season they are going to turn their attention to 'what we need in the sumner'.

Login to get fewer ads

Board meeting on 15:01 - May 9 with 3718 viewsoldcob

Board meeting on 13:53 - May 9 by morningstar

Where'd you hear this cob?

It was BBC teletext Welsh Sports news. It's still on there. 3910.
Board meeting on 15:04 - May 9 with 3707 viewsfbreath

Interesting the board meeting is this Wednesday, same day as the awards do. Wonder if anything will be announced in the evening.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Board meeting on 15:37 - May 9 with 3601 viewsGlyn1

When do the FA announce their Manager of the Month? I'm going to take a wild guess that it will be an Italian.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Board meeting on 15:40 - May 9 with 3576 viewsOxOsp

Board meeting on 14:27 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

That statement would have us believe that 4 days before the end of the season they are going to turn their attention to 'what we need in the sumner'.

"sumner" - Sting?
Board meeting on 15:42 - May 9 with 3559 viewslondonlisa2001

Board meeting on 15:40 - May 9 by OxOsp

"sumner" - Sting?

Oh sorry - can never type on the iPad :-)

Sting would be a good choice though, although a bit similar to Brendan's tantric football perhaps?
Board meeting on 15:46 - May 9 with 3539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Board meeting on 14:20 - May 9 by ymaohyd

You do wonder?

What a bizarre season.

First off credit has got to be given to the board and the decision makers.

Change was needed, change happened and we now sit on a very healthy 46 points. Look at Newcastle and Norwich and they look doomed.

At one point the new riches of the TV money looked to be passing us by. To use a rugby analogy, when Gatland made the decision to drop BOD from the final test against Australia and the Lions ran riot, Irish complaints that he shouldn't have been dropped, (Keith Wood to this day still moans about it), were rendered null and void.

In the same vein, whatever peoples feelings of the board, however they stumbled across Guidolin, doesn't matter, change was needed, change happened...end of, credit due.

Now though, with the vast riches of football's latest tv contract around the corner, they want us to believe that they are going to consider the subject of next years manager for the first time collectively on Wednesday!?

If that is the case then Franco is here for another season...good for him. That's the only conclusion that can be made, guy comes in, transforms us, surely this meeting should be a rubber stamping exercise?

I'm hoping that it's "we were always going to rubber stamp Francesco, but had to wait until now blah blah blah". If that's the case -fantastic decision making by the board and what a fantastic find too.

Like I said in another thread as the saying goes - "You don't look a gift horse in the mouth".
If we throw FG away we have in my opinion chucked as good a fit as we were going to have anyway and not an expensive gamble. Better the devil you know too, and by that I don't mean Rodgers. We haven't known him for some considerable time.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:04 - May 9 with 3471 viewsWarwickHunt

Board meeting on 14:27 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

We, the lumpen proletariat, are truly blessed to have our club run by such upstanding, honest, forward-looking people.
[Post edited 9 May 2016 16:04]
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:29 - May 9 with 3399 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:04 - May 9 by WarwickHunt

We, the lumpen proletariat, are truly blessed to have our club run by such upstanding, honest, forward-looking people.

I don't expect them to say anything really but it always bemuses me when they say things that are blatantly ridiculous.

One thing's for certain though - something has changed - there are suddenly press statements all over the place - we've been spinning something today.

Now whether what's changed is a decision on Guidolin, or decision on any alternative, or realisation that actually Guidolin's quite good so even though he won't be chosen they want it to look like it's not a done deal then who knows.

As I've said before, it's one thing if we say no to Guidolin because we're appointing Emery or De Boer or similar, but I'd be really disappointed if we're saying no to Guidolin and appointing Rodgers. If we do that, then obviously everyone hopes he'll be brilliant, but I'd be far more excited at seeing what Guidolin could do with a summer of transfers and coaching.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:33 - May 9 with 3379 viewsDr_Winston

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:29 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

I don't expect them to say anything really but it always bemuses me when they say things that are blatantly ridiculous.

One thing's for certain though - something has changed - there are suddenly press statements all over the place - we've been spinning something today.

Now whether what's changed is a decision on Guidolin, or decision on any alternative, or realisation that actually Guidolin's quite good so even though he won't be chosen they want it to look like it's not a done deal then who knows.

As I've said before, it's one thing if we say no to Guidolin because we're appointing Emery or De Boer or similar, but I'd be really disappointed if we're saying no to Guidolin and appointing Rodgers. If we do that, then obviously everyone hopes he'll be brilliant, but I'd be far more excited at seeing what Guidolin could do with a summer of transfers and coaching.

Your last paragraph echoes my feelings.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:40 - May 9 with 3347 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:33 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

Your last paragraph echoes my feelings.

I'm really hoping against hope that all this stuff about Brendan and pay and so on is being put out there by Brendan to attract interest and isn't us. Someone said to me that we'd agreed £70k a week with him a few weeks ago, but the more I reflect, the more I think it could be him and his agents sending out 'I'm available and this is my price' type messages.

I think we'd be absolutely barking to get rid of Guidolin to pay Rodgers anything like that amount of money (and that's ignoring the £90k a week rumours).

Perhaps it's because the memories of trudging back home after watching us being thumped 3 nil by the less than mighty Hoops while passing the ball between our centre backs a thousand times are still in my mind.
Board meeting on 17:08 - May 9 with 3262 viewsJethroJack

Will we or won't we offer Guido the job?
What about....will Guido accept it or not?
Few weeks back he was saying he'd like to stay.
More recently, he's decided to keep quiet....maybe he's pissed off with Huw & the board dragging their heels and got an offer up his sleeve from Watford?

That'll teach us, eh!
Board meeting on 17:11 - May 9 with 3248 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Board meeting on 17:08 - May 9 by JethroJack

Will we or won't we offer Guido the job?
What about....will Guido accept it or not?
Few weeks back he was saying he'd like to stay.
More recently, he's decided to keep quiet....maybe he's pissed off with Huw & the board dragging their heels and got an offer up his sleeve from Watford?

That'll teach us, eh!

Unfortunately it would. But, just like in Back to the Future we still have time Marty. Let's not ruin the future!

FFS time. Edited
[Post edited 9 May 2016 18:05]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Board meeting on 17:14 - May 9 with 3226 viewsJethroJack

Board meeting on 17:11 - May 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfortunately it would. But, just like in Back to the Future we still have time Marty. Let's not ruin the future!

FFS time. Edited
[Post edited 9 May 2016 18:05]

Ok Doc.
Board meeting on 17:28 - May 9 with 3186 viewsmonmouth

Speaking of hoops, I suspect the collective board hoop is twitching about the public reaction to binning Guidolin now. So I think your second scenario could be right - it's the start of a spin campaign to save their egos, or maybe, on the opposite carriageway, to try and get Guido back onside after, I would say from his body language and comments, cheesing him off.

It'll be a shame if we don't get to see what he can do, but I expect we'll live. Speaking of egos, Rodgers appointment now would be met now with a massive dose of meh. His first presser would be unbearable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Board meeting on 17:36 - May 9 with 3153 viewslondonlisa2001

Board meeting on 17:28 - May 9 by monmouth

Speaking of hoops, I suspect the collective board hoop is twitching about the public reaction to binning Guidolin now. So I think your second scenario could be right - it's the start of a spin campaign to save their egos, or maybe, on the opposite carriageway, to try and get Guido back onside after, I would say from his body language and comments, cheesing him off.

It'll be a shame if we don't get to see what he can do, but I expect we'll live. Speaking of egos, Rodgers appointment now would be met now with a massive dose of meh. His first presser would be unbearable.

It's the picture with the scarf that may make me want to vomit a little.

Brendan did a brilliant job don't get me wrong, but it's the whole self publicity bit that grates with me. 'The Sunderland fans couldn't wait to see what the fuss was about' was a particular high point when they beat us 2 nil.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:46 - May 9 with 3096 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:04 - May 9 by WarwickHunt

Lumpen proletariat?

Isn't that Latin for piles?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Board meeting on 17:55 - May 9 with 3067 viewstomdickharry

Board meeting on 14:15 - May 9 by Devz00

EDIT - here you go...

Whether its Guidolin, Rodgers,Beilsa,Emery,or any Tom,Dick or Harry lets get the appointment sorted and the planning for the transfer window up and running with harmony and foresight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024