Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best car tyres 21:00 - Nov 2 with 2594 viewsdickythorpe

What are the best tyres out there? Goodyear, Continental, Michelin?
The best car tyres on 21:16 - Nov 2 with 2244 viewsItchySphincter

Always buy the expensive ones but for some reason I went through a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's too fast for my liking recently so avoid those. Harris Bros by the Vetch are excellent if you're shopping around.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The best car tyres on 21:35 - Nov 2 with 2216 viewsdickythorpe

Thank you Itchy. I'm in no rush. Kwik fit or black circles?
The best car tyres on 21:51 - Nov 2 with 2191 viewsHighjack

The best car tyres on 21:35 - Nov 2 by dickythorpe

Thank you Itchy. I'm in no rush. Kwik fit or black circles?

Never ever go to kwik fit. They are a bunch of liars, you definitely can get kwikker that a kwik fit fitter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The best car tyres on 21:52 - Nov 2 with 2188 viewsWxmJax

The F1's are more for sporty driving, the police use them up here. Not much point putting them on a 1.1 Fiesta. Saying that I put them on a Vectra estate and I liked them. Felt more confident going around corners but they wear fairly quickly. Moved on to Uniroyal rain 2's and they were good, felt safe. Now on Michelin all weather tyres and good so far, we'll see what they're like when the temperature drops.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The best car tyres on 22:01 - Nov 2 with 2180 viewsairedale

The expensive tires will do more miles, make less noise, and stop the vehicle quicker and grip better, making a worthwhile difference for the professional driver. As far as Mr O Punter is concerned, if you drive it into a pothole and trash it after its been on the wheel for 27 miles, then its pedigree is as much use as a cup of cold sick.
The best car tyres on 23:03 - Nov 2 with 2121 viewsSoberBaker

Depends on the type of motoring you're doing ie. around town/motorway etc.

Avon tyres are the best value all rounder out there at the minute IMO. Hard as nails.

AMOW

The best car tyres on 23:38 - Nov 2 with 2097 viewsProfessor

Depends on the car too-Michelin on our mini are pretty good. Had continentals on my old skoda which were fine. Have hankooks on new Hyundai so will be interested in how they go. Tyres are the only part of the car on the road-decent ones are needed
The best car tyres on 07:34 - Nov 3 with 2039 viewsDDCH

Harris brothers have been sold to a chain company now.

Took mine to Simon and Jason tyres in the Grove in uplands. Very good service and even took time to discuss my motoring and driving styles before making a recommendation.

He did say the best tyres were Michelin but not pound for pound value as they are crazy priced. Ended up with some Bridgestone tyres which so far have been great.

Service and price will see me return, plus they are swans fans too

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

The best car tyres on 07:41 - Nov 3 with 2032 viewsmagicdaps10

Go to asda tyres online.

Good choice and quite good prices and gives you a selection of fitters in the area to go to and you pick the time slots yourself.

You dont pay anything online, you pay the garage once the jobs done. Convenient and you save a bit of ££

https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The best car tyres on 07:56 - Nov 3 with 2015 viewsItchySphincter

The best car tyres on 22:01 - Nov 2 by airedale

The expensive tires will do more miles, make less noise, and stop the vehicle quicker and grip better, making a worthwhile difference for the professional driver. As far as Mr O Punter is concerned, if you drive it into a pothole and trash it after its been on the wheel for 27 miles, then its pedigree is as much use as a cup of cold sick.

I agree partially. The bit I'm not sure about is getting more miles out of expensive tyres - nope, softer compounds, more grippy but quicker wearing. Cheapo hard compounds can last forever but you'll be sliding around all over place.

The best car tyres on 09:19 - Nov 3 with 1976 viewsmonmouth

Well...I changed my wife's BMWs tyres from Contis (£125 per corner cheapest price) to Kumho (£300 quid for four) on the advice of a mate in the business 18 months ago. The ride is better, the response is better, and they still have about another year in the rears when the Contis, and before that Bridgestones, used to be shot after one year. I would recommend them 100%.

I also put Kumho on a Merc that we no longer have and they were great on that too, although I reckon Michelin were a bit better, but they should have been as they were twice the price.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The best car tyres on 09:24 - Nov 3 with 1972 viewsSoberBaker

The best car tyres on 09:19 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Well...I changed my wife's BMWs tyres from Contis (£125 per corner cheapest price) to Kumho (£300 quid for four) on the advice of a mate in the business 18 months ago. The ride is better, the response is better, and they still have about another year in the rears when the Contis, and before that Bridgestones, used to be shot after one year. I would recommend them 100%.

I also put Kumho on a Merc that we no longer have and they were great on that too, although I reckon Michelin were a bit better, but they should have been as they were twice the price.

Yep, the Kumho is also a very good tyre.

Continentals are soft as shyte - great for cornering and thats about it - they really don't last long.

AMOW

The best car tyres on 10:13 - Nov 3 with 1948 viewsPegojack

I have an Audi which uses quite big, low profile tyres. The ones fitted from new were Continentals which lasted about 13/14,000 miles and I was quoted around £200 each to renew.
I went online, found My Tyres, read all the reviews on there of the various options and settled on Star Performer, which are S Korean tyres. The My Tyres price includes delivery to your house, you then take them to you nearest friendly tyre shop and get them fitted, typically for £10 a tyre. The Star Performers cost me around £85 each and I'm on my third set, they last around 15/16000 miles and perform well.
The best car tyres on 10:18 - Nov 3 with 1943 viewsCooperman

Have a look on Black Circles Dicky. You can check and compare ratings for grip level and performance in wet.

As a general rule of thumb you will get more miles out of a harder compound but shouldn't expect the same grip as a soft tyre. Vice versa for softer compound rubber. Whether you drive hard enough to notice grip level is another thing and there is no reason why a conservative driver cannot get away with hard compound rubber.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The best car tyres on 10:43 - Nov 3 with 1927 viewsPegojack

The best car tyres on 10:18 - Nov 3 by Cooperman

Have a look on Black Circles Dicky. You can check and compare ratings for grip level and performance in wet.

As a general rule of thumb you will get more miles out of a harder compound but shouldn't expect the same grip as a soft tyre. Vice versa for softer compound rubber. Whether you drive hard enough to notice grip level is another thing and there is no reason why a conservative driver cannot get away with hard compound rubber.

Very true. Most of us fancy ourselves as Lewis Hamilton when actually we are more like Reginald Molehusband.
The best car tyres on 12:03 - Nov 3 with 1898 viewswaynekerr55

blackcircles.com

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The best car tyres on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 1809 viewsCountyJim

The best car tyres on 07:41 - Nov 3 by magicdaps10

Go to asda tyres online.

Good choice and quite good prices and gives you a selection of fitters in the area to go to and you pick the time slots yourself.

You dont pay anything online, you pay the garage once the jobs done. Convenient and you save a bit of ££

https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/

Use the ASDA site then I phoned my local tyre garage they beat it by a quid
The best car tyres on 19:12 - Nov 3 with 1788 viewsmax936

The best car tyres on 21:51 - Nov 2 by Highjack

Never ever go to kwik fit. They are a bunch of liars, you definitely can get kwikker that a kwik fit fitter.

Kwik fit are far from Kwik in the Neath store, frigging hopeless.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The best car tyres on 19:14 - Nov 3 with 1784 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I've always found Avon to be great value for performance tyres.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The best car tyres on 19:15 - Nov 3 with 1780 viewsJackfath

I've always bought the cheapest available and have never had a problem.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The best car tyres on 19:35 - Nov 3 with 1754 viewsItchySphincter

The best car tyres on 19:15 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

I've always bought the cheapest available and have never had a problem.

The best car tyres on 19:43 - Nov 3 with 1743 viewsJackfath

The best car tyres on 19:35 - Nov 3 by ItchySphincter

What problems have I had?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The best car tyres on 19:50 - Nov 3 with 1734 viewslifelong

The best car tyres on 19:43 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

If I put a full set of tyres at £200 each on my 12 year old Mondeo it would double it's value overnight.
The best car tyres on 20:03 - Nov 3 with 1720 viewsEbo

I sued to work for Pirelli years ago and used to get good discounts. Great tyres but as the above posters say there are a lot better ones around.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The best car tyres on 20:11 - Nov 3 with 1713 viewsItchySphincter

The best car tyres on 19:43 - Nov 3 by Jackfath

None it seems, more by luck than judgement possibly. I wouldn't use cheap tyres as they are low quality, same reason I wouldn't use cheap oil. Good for you though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024