Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? 11:20 - Jan 9 with 3680 viewsKerouac

Share your thoughts.

Were you smacked?
Would you have had a better upbringing if smacking was banned when you were a child?
Have you smacked your child/children?
What techniques do you use to discipline your child?
How important is it (or not) for a child to face consequences as a result of poor decisions?
How enforceable would this law be?
Will a smacking ban improve our society and how?
etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 11:24 - Jan 9 with 2327 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Perhaps the Welsh assembly should make it a criminal offence not to govern for the Benefit of the whole of Wales rather than just the South East of Wales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to on 12:33 - Jan 9 with 2293 viewsMo_Wives

"What techniques do you use to discipline your child?"

I tend to hold them down and rip a fart on their heads. I have no idea if I'm breaking any law, tbh

*Cuts to court case. Puts on best Matthew McConaughey voice...

"Ya honour, you can clearly see from the photographs, taken directly after the assault, that the child has a six inch skid mark across the side of his face..."
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 12:50]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:15 - Jan 9 with 2195 viewsbazzool

Kids these days dont know their born, never mind a "smack" they need a bluudy hammering these days, poxy law, these people who bring these laws in obviously aint got kids to know how they behave , a kid behaves wrong over and over and theres only so much telling you can do, then a disciplined smack will make them think oooops i aint doing that again or at least it will make them think about what the consequences are gonna be, i dont care a shyte what people think of my views , i had a smack when i needed one , i also think teachers and coppers should be allowed to "smack" obviously in certain circumstances of course
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:24 - Jan 9 with 2186 viewslifelong

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:15 - Jan 9 by bazzool

Kids these days dont know their born, never mind a "smack" they need a bluudy hammering these days, poxy law, these people who bring these laws in obviously aint got kids to know how they behave , a kid behaves wrong over and over and theres only so much telling you can do, then a disciplined smack will make them think oooops i aint doing that again or at least it will make them think about what the consequences are gonna be, i dont care a shyte what people think of my views , i had a smack when i needed one , i also think teachers and coppers should be allowed to "smack" obviously in certain circumstances of course

If you need to give children a “bluddy hammering” there should be a law against you having children,
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:28 - Jan 9 with 2175 viewspikeypaul

I agree the police should be able to give a smack out to wrong doers but when they are out of order they should be prepared to take a smack.
The trouble is it’s a one way street and they go running to the courts like babies.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:41 - Jan 9 with 2161 viewsjack2jack

When I was a kid and I stepped over the line,I knew that I would get a smack of the oldman.You fvcked up took your medicine and moved on,no problem with that,trouble is there are no boundaries today.
To many dogooders with corduroy patches on their jackets and straw in their beards, telling us you can't do this you can't do that,bolloxs as a responsible parent you set the boundaries and dish out suitable punishment as and when required,within limits obviously,Jesus,nanny state,mamby panmby.We all know the rules and the consequences for nausing up!
No wonder society is going belly up.All about opinions I know.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 18:07 - Jan 9 with 2138 viewsAguycalledJack

Personally I think the only reason that kids are badly behaved is because there is no threat at the end of their wrong action. No threat from parents or teachers etc.

Dogooders and all this new age bollox is sending society the wrong way. Nothing wrong with a slap on the arse, back of the legs or the back of the hand.

How many times have you been out and about and seen a parent try and reason with a child? It doesn’t work.

However, as previously stated if you need to hammer a child you shouldn’t be allowed to have them.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 18:28 - Jan 9 with 2125 viewsbazzool

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 17:24 - Jan 9 by lifelong

If you need to give children a “bluddy hammering” there should be a law against you having children,

Lifelong i dont mean the average kid, little bit naughty here and there, im on about the morons that have no respect of anything or anyone, i have 3 beautifull girls and i have brought them up to the best of my ability and not once have i gave them a bluudy hammering, as if like, the morons im on about are the ones probably thats never been disciplined and got away with all sorts
Login to get fewer ads

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 2059 viewsdickythorpe

If you are a parent have the common sense that if your child is "playing up" then something is wrong.
Try TALKING ,often unused.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:45 - Jan 9 with 2040 viewsperchrockjack

No parent should smack a child unless it's life or death , ie, kid about to touch something lethal .

Equally, no parent should pay for a kid to have a mobile phone for them to text shyte and to run the risk of cyber bullying

Talking indeed.

Try it kids

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:46 - Jan 9 with 2043 viewsbazzool

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:39 - Jan 9 by dickythorpe

If you are a parent have the common sense that if your child is "playing up" then something is wrong.
Try TALKING ,often unused.

Talking is good i totally agree but theres only so much talking before action needs to be taken, slap on the backside will sort it, naughty step dont work, taking tablets off them dont work, grounding them dont work anymore coz they are bedroomed focused anyway
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:47 - Jan 9 with 2040 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m all for this. Why anyone thinks hitting kids is a legitimate disciplinary measure has always been beyond me.

Poll: Tory leader

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:47 - Jan 9 with 2036 viewsJackfath

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:46 - Jan 9 by bazzool

Talking is good i totally agree but theres only so much talking before action needs to be taken, slap on the backside will sort it, naughty step dont work, taking tablets off them dont work, grounding them dont work anymore coz they are bedroomed focused anyway

How hard do you slap them?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:54 - Jan 9 with 2026 viewsperchrockjack

Sadly ,parents in bygone days used to use physical punishment first .
Wrong

Sadly, it's been misused and the result is kids often without parameters and all kids need these .

Some of the examples of kids without any self discipline isxselfvevidentbin every High St so by all means ban it but how then ate troublesome kids disciplined or controlled ....and they do need controlling

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 20:42 - Jan 9 with 1999 viewsswan85

Yes was smacked when I deserved it. Never did me any harm.

Never smacked my children, never crossed my mind too and fortunately never any cause to. Well off teenage years.

Do I think they should ban it? Probably not, those that would smack/harm children with excessive force would do so irrespective of the law. Just feel we have become a nanny state.

If a teacher were to tell one of my kids off, my first view would be I guess my child deserved it. The teacher is the adult. Or maybe I live in a fluffy world!
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 20:57 - Jan 9 with 1977 viewsPacemaker

I was smacked by both my parents and had a belt used against me by my father, my mother broke a sweeping brush over my back after winding her up a bit too far.

I was one of three boys, I was the eldest and my middle brother the wildest, we were in need of discipline for sure, but did we need violence probably not, did it do us any harm I don't think so. However I am pretty sure that on a few occasions it came pretty close to being seriously harmed.

I have two adult children and a grandson now who I love dearly and I have never dreamt of hitting them, did I ever find myself in the position my parents did with my brothers and I, no, so who knows what might have happened. However I have talked more to my children far more than my parents ever spoke to me about boundaries no acceptable behaviour.

Child abuse is not acceptable and there is a very fine line between parental chastisement and criminal assault. Very young children being smacked cannot be justified under any circumstances and if one young life is saved or left not quite so damaged it will be a good thing.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 21:32 - Jan 9 with 1941 viewsJack_Kass

All well and good debating it, but how would any ban be enforced?

The majority of this stuff happens in private.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 21:34 - Jan 9 with 1936 viewsperchrockjack

Good post pacemaker

What bothered me is parents hiding under the chastisement banner .

I've interviewed several using that as a defence .All failed .

I too got hammered by both and I've never ever hit any of our kids . I have a nasty temper and used to be very volatile but ,with my kids, it never entered my head to inflict assault . Most parents know the line.

It most certainly was the case that in working class ,often religious areas ,physical punishment was overused as a release fro the drudgery of everyday industrial programme

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 23:22 - Jan 9 with 1866 viewsburty

Parent should have a say on their own children. joke if true
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 23:43 - Jan 9 with 1849 viewsNogginthenog

Discipline exists in the animal kingdom. They often take action against young and juveniles, it appears to have the desired effect.

I dont advocate hitting any child and never did so with mine but many have already stated in this thread that no boundaries gives too much freedom and leads to indiscipline in society.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 00:03 - Jan 10 with 1842 viewsgrampajack

If you think this policy has anything to do with whether giving a 'smack' is right or wrong , then you are sadly mistaken.
This is being pushed so that 'child beaters' and regular users of violence towards children can be dealt with - no ifs, no buts - don't do.
Current legislation is sufficient to deal with serious offenders, if there is evidence but serious offenders often hide behind the 'it's good for them' and 'parents know best' defence and hence evade being dealt with.
Meanwhile the vast sensible majority will have to learn diversion strategies to prevent their little darlings calling the tune.
Once again the many must atone for the actions of the very, very few!
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 00:14 - Jan 10 with 1832 viewsLeonWasGod

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 00:03 - Jan 10 by grampajack

If you think this policy has anything to do with whether giving a 'smack' is right or wrong , then you are sadly mistaken.
This is being pushed so that 'child beaters' and regular users of violence towards children can be dealt with - no ifs, no buts - don't do.
Current legislation is sufficient to deal with serious offenders, if there is evidence but serious offenders often hide behind the 'it's good for them' and 'parents know best' defence and hence evade being dealt with.
Meanwhile the vast sensible majority will have to learn diversion strategies to prevent their little darlings calling the tune.
Once again the many must atone for the actions of the very, very few!

The vast sensible majority of us don't beat our kids. If it's being brought in to help them convict serial abusers that's a good thing imo.
Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 01:27 - Jan 10 with 1809 viewsLoyal

Criminalising parenting.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 1717 viewsHighjack

Teaching kids from an early age that violence is an acceptable way to control the behaviour of others. What could possibly go wrong?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 11:15 - Jan 10 with 1710 viewsMo_Wives

Should the Welsh Assembly make it a criminal offence to "smack" your child? on 19:47 - Jan 9 by Jackfath

How hard do you slap them?

Oh, just a short, sharp jab to the tip of the nose.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024