Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? 14:13 - Dec 7 with 2540 viewsLohengrin

Six Nations tickets on sale at £110 a piece.

I honestly don’t know where to begin with that?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 14:55 - Dec 7 with 1949 viewsMrSwerve

It's unbelievable now. Pretty much impossible to get tickets for 6 nations games unless you're in a rugby club or have links with the WRU.
I was looking at Wales v England tickets on ticketmaster (or an equivalent) and the ticket prices were £300 odd each at the cheapest.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 15:16 - Dec 7 with 1916 viewspikeypaul

Brexit

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 15:21 - Dec 7 with 1910 viewsLeonWasGod

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 15:16 - Dec 7 by pikeypaul

Brexit

No, rugby. They do both have an ‘r’ in though, so good guess
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 15:42 - Dec 7 with 1895 viewsCatullus

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 15:21 - Dec 7 by LeonWasGod

And a B, don't forget the b in his bonnet!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 16:19 - Dec 7 with 1854 viewsBDS

Me and a gang of old mates go out to Benidorm for the last weekend of the Six Nations. £110 for a ticket or £120 for a three night all inclusive hotel. Only one winner.
Didn’t bother with the rugby this year £25 return coach and £20 ticket went to watch Valencia.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 16:34 - Dec 7 with 1837 viewsmajorraglan

Crazy prices. Throw in a train ticket, couple of pints, something to eat and it’s pushed up to around £150, if you go with the wife/kid then you are in to the £300 territory. We went a few years ago, we had tickets in the upper tier behind the posts and it was £75 each not worth the money for sure.

One of the guys in work has a season ticket with the Scarlets, it cost him about £95 for 13 league games and he gets the cup games thrown in.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 16:57 - Dec 7 with 1808 viewsMrSwerve

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 16:34 - Dec 7 by majorraglan

Crazy prices. Throw in a train ticket, couple of pints, something to eat and it’s pushed up to around £150, if you go with the wife/kid then you are in to the £300 territory. We went a few years ago, we had tickets in the upper tier behind the posts and it was £75 each not worth the money for sure.

One of the guys in work has a season ticket with the Scarlets, it cost him about £95 for 13 league games and he gets the cup games thrown in.

I was looking at flying up to Scotland for the 6 nations, only problem is the aircraft companies hike their prices up massively...I think Easyjet were charging something like £60 for a flight from Bristol to Edinburgh on a normal Saturday, and then on match day it went up to £200.

Throw the tickets, booze and a hotel and you're looking at 400-500 quid easily. Not worth it for 80 minutes of entertainment.

This is coming from someone who regularly spends £200-400 each to watch Formula 1 mind...although that is 3 or 4 full days of entertainment.

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 17:00 - Dec 7 with 1806 viewsjackharris

I used to love going to the 6 Nations matches. It was a day out I looked forward to for weeks. Coach (with New Dock Stars) or train up early in the morning. We would have a designated pub for before and after the game, good chat with the boys and one or two pints. A tidy pub lunch and then up to the Stadium for the match. A few pints watching the match.

Now the last time I went Wales v the All Blacks I was surrounded by imbeciles who were there just to get drunk and couldn’t sit still for 5 minutes. £110 is a shocking amount of money to pay to watch 80 minutes (100 minutes these days) of rugby. I’d rather sit in the house with a cracking wide screen tv and watch the match. After the NZ match there were some complete knob heads on the platform.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 17:32 - Dec 7 with 1766 viewssherpajacob

Mine was only £95.

How much will the tickets be if we reach the play off final again this,year?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 18:52 - Dec 7 with 1702 viewspikeypaul

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 15:21 - Dec 7 by LeonWasGod

Fecking loving it

Another bite from a remoaner loser

Reel the tw@t in 🎣 🎣 🎣 🎣

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 07:05 - Dec 8 with 1524 viewssquarebear

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 18:52 - Dec 7 by pikeypaul

Fecking loving it

Reel the tw@t in 🎣 🎣 🎣 🎣

<sigh>

These days I’m happiest watching it at home. I can pause the telly to fetch a beer or have a jimmy riddle, then I fast forward through Jonathan Davies at half-time. And I’m home before people have joined the queues at Cardiff Central.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 09:12 - Dec 8 with 1444 viewsJango

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 17:32 - Dec 7 by sherpajacob

Mine was only £95.

How much will the tickets be if we reach the play off final again this,year?

Start at £36
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 09:15 - Dec 8 with 1441 viewsjack247

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 18:52 - Dec 7 by pikeypaul

Fecking loving it

Reel the tw@t in 🎣 🎣 🎣 🎣

Are you an adult?
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 09:20 - Dec 8 with 1437 viewsbermudajack

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 16:57 - Dec 7 by MrSwerve

I was looking at flying up to Scotland for the 6 nations, only problem is the aircraft companies hike their prices up massively...I think Easyjet were charging something like £60 for a flight from Bristol to Edinburgh on a normal Saturday, and then on match day it went up to £200.

Throw the tickets, booze and a hotel and you're looking at 400-500 quid easily. Not worth it for 80 minutes of entertainment.

This is coming from someone who regularly spends £200-400 each to watch Formula 1 mind...although that is 3 or 4 full days of entertainment.

What’s the best formula 1 to attend?
I went to the British Grand Prix last year, and although the weather was amazing, had a great time and definitely caught the bug, I would love to do an overseas one ☝️
I don’t do the camping bit though, a nice hotel for me 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 09:44 - Dec 8 with 1418 viewsMrSwerve

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 09:20 - Dec 8 by bermudajack

What’s the best formula 1 to attend?
I went to the British Grand Prix last year, and although the weather was amazing, had a great time and definitely caught the bug, I would love to do an overseas one ☝️
I don’t do the camping bit though, a nice hotel for me 👍

Been attending the BGP pretty much every year since 2003, I love it. Great day out or weekend away.

I did Spa-Francorchamps in 2017 to celebrate my 30th, it was absolutely outstanding. Unfortunately Silverstone is a very flat and boring circuit in terms of terrain. Spa was excellent and the actual town of Spa is really pretty with lots of nice bars etc. I’m the same in terms of camping, I always stay 20-30 mins away in a hotel. With Spa though it’s a bit more difficult to stay close as all of the teams book up the hotels.

We drove down to Spa, used the Eurotunnel. Lovely roads down towards the South East of Belgium. What I will say though as because it’s the equivalent of plonking a circuit in the middle of Gower, the road system is terrible. Took us 3 hours each day to queue to get into the circuit, and we were arriving at approx 7.30am! Was lucky to sit in the Gold1 grandstand right in line with the start lights. Definitely worth a trip down there!

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 10:12 - Dec 8 with 1404 viewsBrynCartwright

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 09:44 - Dec 8 by MrSwerve

Been attending the BGP pretty much every year since 2003, I love it. Great day out or weekend away.

I did Spa-Francorchamps in 2017 to celebrate my 30th, it was absolutely outstanding. Unfortunately Silverstone is a very flat and boring circuit in terms of terrain. Spa was excellent and the actual town of Spa is really pretty with lots of nice bars etc. I’m the same in terms of camping, I always stay 20-30 mins away in a hotel. With Spa though it’s a bit more difficult to stay close as all of the teams book up the hotels.

We drove down to Spa, used the Eurotunnel. Lovely roads down towards the South East of Belgium. What I will say though as because it’s the equivalent of plonking a circuit in the middle of Gower, the road system is terrible. Took us 3 hours each day to queue to get into the circuit, and we were arriving at approx 7.30am! Was lucky to sit in the Gold1 grandstand right in line with the start lights. Definitely worth a trip down there!

Eau Rouge at Spa is, in my opinion, the finest part of the finest circuit in Formula 1. Just splendid watching the drivers tackling the elevation change and subtle direction change.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 11:29 - Dec 8 with 1356 viewsGowerjack

A day at the rugby...

Massive queues
Thousands of pissed up valley commandos
Rip off pricing
Daffodil hats
Media overkill
Dove skincare

A sport that has completely lost its way.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 12:00 - Dec 8 with 1338 viewsJack_Meoff

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 11:29 - Dec 8 by Gowerjack

A day at the rugby...

Massive queues
Rip off pricing
Daffodil hats
Media overkill
Dove skincare

'Dove skincare.'

That was the clincher for me

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 12:23 - Dec 8 with 1322 viewsvalleyboy

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 11:29 - Dec 8 by Gowerjack

A day at the rugby...

Massive queues
Rip off pricing
Daffodil hats
Media overkill
Dove skincare

Yes they are all up for the internationals, but when it comes to the Regions the games are played in half empty stadiums

How pathetic is that

And the media call the Welsh “a rugby loving nation,” “Rugby the number one sport in Wales”

What a load of crap

The English regions would put Welsh supporters to shame

Take Bath as a typical example

I have seen supporters in Bath watching a game in the pouring rain sitting in that temporarily stand with these polythene bags over them or whatever they are called

There’s nearly as many supporters watching a single game in England than the total attendance in the four regions
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 12:30 - Dec 8 with 1309 viewsJango

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 12:23 - Dec 8 by valleyboy

Yes they are all up for the internationals, but when it comes to the Regions the games are played in half empty stadiums

How pathetic is that

And the media call the Welsh “a rugby loving nation,” “Rugby the number one sport in Wales”

What a load of crap

I have seen supporters in Bath watching a game in the pouring rain sitting in that temporarily stand with these polythene bags over them or whatever they are called

There’s nearly as many supporters watching a single game in England than the total attendance in the four regions

I probably wouldn’t go to watch the swans if the entire first team missed half a season due to internationals. It must be so disheartening for the dedicated fans.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 12:39 - Dec 8 with 1305 viewskrunchykarrot

How pathetic is that

What a load of crap

The problem is we went from club sides like Neath and Swansea where communities were supportive to a regional side where there was no allegiance. English clubs like Bath have a strong heritage and a proud and loyal fan-base, Moffat and the like sacrificed this. To make matters even worse they have gone and signed up with pay per view channels meaning more cash for regions and screw the fans.
How can the WRU stand by and watch the demise of our club structure without doing anything is a disgrace, but then again they had to have a gun held to their heads to support Doddies charity which sums up nicely the running of the game in Wales.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 14:14 - Dec 8 with 1248 viewsjack247

How pathetic is that

What a load of crap

Don’t know a lot about English club rugby, but the first half of that is bang on. The majority of people who go to watch Wales in the 6N go for the event more than the sport. They don’t bother going to watch the same players playing for the Ospreys or the Scarlets or Blues, despite it being so much cheaper and easier than internationals. This isn’t a dig at rugby, I think it’s a shame.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 14:36 - Dec 8 with 1222 viewsMrSwerve

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 10:12 - Dec 8 by BrynCartwright

Eau Rouge at Spa is, in my opinion, the finest part of the finest circuit in Formula 1. Just splendid watching the drivers tackling the elevation change and subtle direction change.

Yeah Eau Rouge (and Raidillon technically ) really has to be seen to be believed.

Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 18:19 - Dec 8 with 1135 viewsdickythorpe

All changed for me some years back. None of us who were playing could afford to go to Cardiff.
With all the time spent away from home working, the bills we pay on our houses, plus the costs we stump up for TV and sky/BT et al I much prefer spending my leisure time at home.
Rugby: The workingmans’ game in Wales? on 07:28 - Dec 9 with 971 viewsScottishEddie

Rugby used to be be a family gathering, i still miss the crackling on the vinyl at my grans...

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024