Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand 07:45 - Apr 7 with 7450 viewsNortholt_Rs

Come on Les, speak up and tell us what you are going to do as our DOF to fix this utter shambles. You’ve been here 4 long years as DOF and yesterday was yet another all time low. It was a complete embarrassment. So what are you doing about it fella?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Les Ferdinand on 16:05 - Apr 7 with 2217 viewstraininvain

Les Ferdinand on 09:29 - Apr 7 by ozexile

If I was him here's what I'd do:

1. Put Eustace on gardening leave, there's no way he should ever be near the dug out again.
2. Ask Ramsey if he wants to do 6 x games.
3. Call the players in and let them know there'll be in every Day for training until we're safe. Even if it's cleaning the dressing room out.
4. That's a start.

I doubt Ramsey would want the job after the stick he took last time. Maybe that’ll cost us if we’re stuck with Eustace and go down.

I’ve heard that Sherwood has been offered the job and isn’t too keen due to the financial restrictions at the club.
Les Ferdinand on 18:09 - Apr 7 with 2045 viewsBoston

I wouldn't wont Ramsey back in a hurry.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Les Ferdinand on 18:18 - Apr 7 with 2028 viewsflynnbo

Les Ferdinand on 16:05 - Apr 7 by traininvain

I doubt Ramsey would want the job after the stick he took last time. Maybe that’ll cost us if we’re stuck with Eustace and go down.

I’ve heard that Sherwood has been offered the job and isn’t too keen due to the financial restrictions at the club.

Well Sherwood can piss right off as personally never wanted the bloke. He should be glad people remember the clown.It's not as though he's been linked with many jobs recently and we're far too good for him. anyway, imho. Utter deluded fool.
Les Ferdinand on 19:39 - Apr 7 with 1920 viewsCiderwithRsie

Les Ferdinand on 11:00 - Apr 7 by paulparker

He can’t do anything if the cretins on the board ( hello Tony and Ruben) keep going above his head
Les isn’t perfect but he has got us in some decent players
Hall
Leinster
Eze
Freeman
Luango
Smyth
Smithies
Cherry
Polter
Chair

I do think he is needed on the touch line at the minute but that’s another thread
Instead of having a pop at Les we as fans need to be calling for board to resign/sell/ go
Les, furs, penrice, sinton are one of us let them get on with it
Apart from my thread about the board that got 11 responses no one is calling out the clowns Tony , Ruben and the puppet Amit , they are holding us back they have caused this mess, they are the ones who never learn , Jesus we protested over Thompson, bulstrode , Wright, we even dressed up as clowns against tango and cash so why are we letting this mob take us from premier league to league one without even raising a murmur?

Pretty much: this.

I will however say (on the matter of why no protest about the owners) that, depressingly, there are actually worse owners out there (Bolton, Blackburn and Birmingham before you've even got to the letter C in our own division) and I shudder to think of who might actually buy a basket case like us.

(PS predictive text wants to make Blackburn into Blackballing urn - WTF is one of those?)
Les Ferdinand on 19:51 - Apr 7 with 1895 viewstraininvain

Les Ferdinand on 18:18 - Apr 7 by flynnbo

Well Sherwood can piss right off as personally never wanted the bloke. He should be glad people remember the clown.It's not as though he's been linked with many jobs recently and we're far too good for him. anyway, imho. Utter deluded fool.

Agreed. And we’ve been here before- looking to appoint a manager who thinks he’s above little old QPR. Didn’t exactly work out well last time did it?

Fernandes doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes.
Les Ferdinand on 20:19 - Apr 7 with 1866 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand on 12:52 - Apr 7 by timcocking

I was disappointed they didn't give Chris Ramsey another crack.

can you imagine the stick he would have got for giving job to ramsey again, personally would have gone with Paul Hall but caretaker manager is a thankless task
Les Ferdinand on 23:16 - Apr 7 with 1750 viewsQPR_Jim

Les Ferdinand on 11:00 - Apr 7 by paulparker

He can’t do anything if the cretins on the board ( hello Tony and Ruben) keep going above his head
Les isn’t perfect but he has got us in some decent players
Hall
Leinster
Eze
Freeman
Luango
Smyth
Smithies
Cherry
Polter
Chair

I do think he is needed on the touch line at the minute but that’s another thread
Instead of having a pop at Les we as fans need to be calling for board to resign/sell/ go
Les, furs, penrice, sinton are one of us let them get on with it
Apart from my thread about the board that got 11 responses no one is calling out the clowns Tony , Ruben and the puppet Amit , they are holding us back they have caused this mess, they are the ones who never learn , Jesus we protested over Thompson, bulstrode , Wright, we even dressed up as clowns against tango and cash so why are we letting this mob take us from premier league to league one without even raising a murmur?

I agree re-ferdinand but to your point about TF and the board I think there may be a couple of reasons they are not being called out.

They've made mistakes but often with good intentions like backing their managers financially only for MH and HR to take the p. They then footed the bill for their mistakes which helps.

I feel like FFP is lowering expectations and maybe fans are responding to that. Even if we got new owners they'd still need to stick to FFP so it seems unlikely to change much.

"Jesus we protested over Thompson, bulstrode , Wright, we even dressed up as clowns against tango and cash" Each protest leading to worse owners, perhaps this is also in the back of people's minds.
Les Ferdinand on 23:50 - Apr 7 with 1727 viewsPunteR

Les Ferdinand on 23:16 - Apr 7 by QPR_Jim

I agree re-ferdinand but to your point about TF and the board I think there may be a couple of reasons they are not being called out.

They've made mistakes but often with good intentions like backing their managers financially only for MH and HR to take the p. They then footed the bill for their mistakes which helps.

I feel like FFP is lowering expectations and maybe fans are responding to that. Even if we got new owners they'd still need to stick to FFP so it seems unlikely to change much.

"Jesus we protested over Thompson, bulstrode , Wright, we even dressed up as clowns against tango and cash" Each protest leading to worse owners, perhaps this is also in the back of people's minds.

The dressing up as clowns lead to Amit taking over who brought in Warnock which in turn lead to promotion.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand on 02:51 - Apr 8 with 1631 viewstimcocking

Les Ferdinand on 20:19 - Apr 7 by daveB

can you imagine the stick he would have got for giving job to ramsey again, personally would have gone with Paul Hall but caretaker manager is a thankless task

Yes i can, but then they'll take stick whatever they/we do unfortunately.

Not so much giving it to Ramsey again as letting him take the reins as opposed to John Eustace. I don't think we have had the opportunity to grow to like Eustace, he's just one of those wallies in green waiving clipboards around. I'd say Chris Ramsey has done a lot more for us and has more experience (not that experience is important, that's just a baseless media argument imo).

So i'd have preferred Chris, i always liked the man. And of course, if he did well he'd have another chance. He was only sacked because some poorly-informed fans thought he had no experience. That was surely one of the dumbest and biggest misconceptions in history.

Or i'd have asked Bircham and Gallen. That'd certainly galvanise the support. It's only picking the team for a few matches, nothing else to be done. We could do it. I can't believe they've done this a week before or which away from home with seemingly no plan in place. This is yet another total clusterfcuk :-(

I think we'd be better off appointing a permanent manager when we know what division we're going to be in. Presumably the third tier.
Les Ferdinand on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 1537 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand on 02:51 - Apr 8 by timcocking

Yes i can, but then they'll take stick whatever they/we do unfortunately.

Not so much giving it to Ramsey again as letting him take the reins as opposed to John Eustace. I don't think we have had the opportunity to grow to like Eustace, he's just one of those wallies in green waiving clipboards around. I'd say Chris Ramsey has done a lot more for us and has more experience (not that experience is important, that's just a baseless media argument imo).

So i'd have preferred Chris, i always liked the man. And of course, if he did well he'd have another chance. He was only sacked because some poorly-informed fans thought he had no experience. That was surely one of the dumbest and biggest misconceptions in history.

Or i'd have asked Bircham and Gallen. That'd certainly galvanise the support. It's only picking the team for a few matches, nothing else to be done. We could do it. I can't believe they've done this a week before or which away from home with seemingly no plan in place. This is yet another total clusterfcuk :-(

I think we'd be better off appointing a permanent manager when we know what division we're going to be in. Presumably the third tier.

If Ramsey had taken over we'd still have lost at Norwich and he's be getting slaughtered for it, if he is bringing Sherwood in then would have been a suicidal decision to put Ramsey in the firing line when he would be part of new management team

personally would have given caretaker role to Paul Hall but Eustace made sense and very few were complaining about that before Saturday
Les Ferdinand on 11:51 - Apr 8 with 1438 viewssmegma

Les Ferdinand on 10:34 - Apr 8 by daveB

If Ramsey had taken over we'd still have lost at Norwich and he's be getting slaughtered for it, if he is bringing Sherwood in then would have been a suicidal decision to put Ramsey in the firing line when he would be part of new management team

personally would have given caretaker role to Paul Hall but Eustace made sense and very few were complaining about that before Saturday

Until Saturday, I had no idea what Eustace even looked like.
Les Ferdinand on 12:32 - Apr 8 with 1377 viewssimmo

Les Ferdinand on 10:03 - Apr 7 by DejR_vu

TF bought this club as a rich man's toy. The problem is he hasn't got a clue how to run a football club. So, of course, things go wrong. But, instead of addressing the problem (himself and the other owners) he does what he does, PR spin. He starts to get some grief so he appoints someone to appease the fans and appoints LF as DoF. But, of course, Les isn't an actual DoF is he? He's the closest thing you'll find to a hero to most QPR fans, learning to be a DoF. He's a PR stunt to quell the uprising (I appreciate that sounds harsh, but that's how I see it).

So, TF just carries on as before and, of course, things continue to go wrong. And he's allowed to carry on as before because nothing's really changed. He hasn't appointed a DoF, he's appointed someone who's been given the title but not the authority.

I'm absolutely sure that LF is doing what he can from the inside to try and stabalise things. I'm certain he wants the best for the club. But, ultimately, if his presence just allows all the things that are wrong to keep going on you have to ask whether he's actually helping. But then, if he's not there, you know that the owners aren't going to appoint someone who's going to tell them 'no'.

Basically, we're got no chance until the owners go.

Agree with this opinion completely so thanks for wording it so succinctly.

Fernandes and his ego / meddling are absolutely the main reason we're in this situation, but ironically he's made 2 good appointments in Les and Hoos, if only he'd hand over the reins properly and keep his fckin nose out of it for a while. At least then we'd know that we've lived and died by the decisions of people who know their football.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Les Ferdinand on 12:40 - Apr 8 with 1341 viewsrsonist

Les Ferdinand on 12:32 - Apr 8 by simmo

Agree with this opinion completely so thanks for wording it so succinctly.

Fernandes and his ego / meddling are absolutely the main reason we're in this situation, but ironically he's made 2 good appointments in Les and Hoos, if only he'd hand over the reins properly and keep his fckin nose out of it for a while. At least then we'd know that we've lived and died by the decisions of people who know their football.

He shouldn't meddle apart from the times when he should have intervened.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 12:40]
Les Ferdinand on 12:48 - Apr 8 with 1319 viewsbosh67

In light of the fact that we don't seem to have anyone actually lined up surely one idea would be to get Andy Sinton, Les and even go and get in Trevor Sinclair to get in the dressing room before these last 6 games to motivate the players as to what playing for QPR actually means. None of them are coaches but all 3 understand this club and what it means. Surely there is value putting the 3 of them in there to help charge up this bunch to at least go over the white line and play with some pride.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Les Ferdinand on 13:52 - Apr 8 with 1273 viewsStanFan

Les Ferdinand on 12:48 - Apr 8 by bosh67

In light of the fact that we don't seem to have anyone actually lined up surely one idea would be to get Andy Sinton, Les and even go and get in Trevor Sinclair to get in the dressing room before these last 6 games to motivate the players as to what playing for QPR actually means. None of them are coaches but all 3 understand this club and what it means. Surely there is value putting the 3 of them in there to help charge up this bunch to at least go over the white line and play with some pride.

Sinton and Ferdinand would still get in this team on merit in spite of their ages!
Les Ferdinand on 15:19 - Apr 8 with 1224 viewssimmo

Les Ferdinand on 12:40 - Apr 8 by rsonist

He shouldn't meddle apart from the times when he should have intervened.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 12:40]

Intervention should more often than not be at the request of football people, not on a whim based on somebody that's so easily swayed by players, agents and social media.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Les Ferdinand on 15:22 - Apr 8 with 1211 viewsPinnerPaul

Les Ferdinand on 09:35 - Apr 7 by Northolt_Rs

Again...

Snap - that was my first thought reading Dave's post!
Les Ferdinand on 22:41 - Apr 8 with 1099 viewsTacticalR

I've probably got Brexit on the brain, but isn't there something Brexity about this?

We know what we don't like so let's get rid.
We don't know what the problem is but let's get rid.
We don't have have a plan but let's get rid.

Air hostess clique

Les Ferdinand on 23:33 - Apr 8 with 1056 viewsMiss_Terraces

Les Ferdinand on 11:51 - Apr 8 by smegma

Until Saturday, I had no idea what Eustace even looked like.

That coming from the poster, who spends the most time watching QPR (at all levels).

Smegma can tell you about 15year old players, doesn't recognize Assistant Manager of QPR.

WTF, has he been doing or not doing?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 0:35]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Les Ferdinand on 08:48 - Apr 9 with 912 viewsNortholt_Rs

Les Ferdinand on 23:33 - Apr 8 by Miss_Terraces

That coming from the poster, who spends the most time watching QPR (at all levels).

Smegma can tell you about 15year old players, doesn't recognize Assistant Manager of QPR.

WTF, has he been doing or not doing?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 0:35]

Yeah! Smegma out!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Les Ferdinand on 08:57 - Apr 9 with 896 viewsPinnerPaul

Les Ferdinand on 10:34 - Apr 8 by daveB

That last bit isn't true for me at least - said sacking McClaren was a waste of time and money on the day the decision was made.
Les Ferdinand on 09:56 - Apr 9 with 817 viewsLunarJetman

Les Ferdinand on 08:57 - Apr 9 by PinnerPaul

That last bit isn't true for me at least - said sacking McClaren was a waste of time and money on the day the decision was made.

Agreed. I was worried it was just a like for like swap which it seemed to turn out to be. We might as well have kept McClaren until we were safe/down.

At this stage, unless the person is out of work, I don't think we're going to get anyone in unless we pay them a fair bit of money to leave their current position and do we really want someone like that?

As much as I don't think Ainsworth is the answer, the suggestion that he would want to wait until the end of the season to try to make sure Wycombe stay up before he would leave says he's an honourable man and I'd rather have that type of person over someone just coming for the money, mainly because at the first hint of trouble or an offer somewhere else, they could be off...
Les Ferdinand on 10:04 - Apr 9 with 794 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand on 08:57 - Apr 9 by PinnerPaul

I meant giving Eustace caretaker job wasn't complained about, wanting Mcclaren to go or stay was a different issue.
Les Ferdinand on 10:27 - Apr 9 with 749 viewsHooparoo

Surely the Director of Football has to take some of the blame or is it “Teflon Les?”

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Les Ferdinand on 12:49 - Apr 9 with 685 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand on 10:27 - Apr 9 by Hooparoo

Surely the Director of Football has to take some of the blame or is it “Teflon Les?”

of course he takes some of the blame, plenty of people are blaming him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024