Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton 20:48 - May 6 with 32119 viewsFrankRightguard

That is all
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:38 - May 7 with 2860 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:37 - May 7 by DannyPaddox

Peter Y'eastoe?

Legendary.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:43 - May 7 with 2817 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:24 - May 7 by Northernr

Yeh the interviews we've done for our piece are not positive.

Said this before, but these days, there are only ever a handful of managers who the fans don't think they know a lot better than. At the moment, it's maybe Klopp, Pep, Nuno, Bielsa, Howe (and I bet a few are saying 'he's taken us as far as he can'), Wilder and Farke. Maybe Warnock. And if Farke had been sacked in Oct and we appointed him now, we'd be getting negative reviews about him.
Most teams have managers that are ok, doing an ok, unspectacular job, that will never be enough for a percentage of the fanbase. Some have brilliant, right-place-right-time ones. One or two have top of the shop. And some have genuine dullards.
I don't think he's a genuine dullard. And at the moment that'll probably do.

Bare bones.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:44 - May 7 with 2810 viewsqprxtc

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:24 - May 7 by Northernr

Yeh the interviews we've done for our piece are not positive.

Blimey, not even officially announced and already Warburton has gone a bit stale.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:45 - May 7 with 2803 viewsqprxtc

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:37 - May 7 by DannyPaddox

Peter Y'eastoe?

I concede. There's no beating that. Ye git.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:48 - May 7 with 2781 viewsBuckR

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:45 - May 7 by qprxtc

Cant wait to collect the sticker for my Panini book
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:13 - May 7 with 2648 viewsDannyPaddox

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:45 - May 7 by qprxtc

If only John Chi-Dough-Zie had played for the Rs.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:25 - May 7 with 2563 viewsqprxtc

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:13 - May 7 by DannyPaddox

If only John Chi-Dough-Zie had played for the Rs.

Or Tim Flours.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:28 - May 7 with 2548 viewsRANGERS4EVER

By far and away the most 50/50 appointment going. I literally don't know what to think.

Brentford he clearly did well- but on the other hand like people say they do well whatever the manager and its mainly down to their approach behind the scenes- on the other hand he did get them into play offs and played nice football.

Rangers and Nottm Forest- both highly expectant fans who get impatient if it doesn't go perfect immediately- on the other hand they do both say the same thing- play from the back, subs on 60 minutes, cliche interviews. Short. F*cking. Corners. On the other hand he still has decent win percentages at all.

Basically, there's too many bloody hands.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:33 - May 7 with 2487 viewsted_hendrix

The bloke's getting a lot of French stick and he ain't started yet.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:37 - May 7 with 2461 viewsloftus77

Some of our youngsters might find his methods a bit crusty.?..
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:39 - May 7 with 2448 viewsDannyPaddox

Before we get carried away let us consider the previous bread-based management position held at QPR. Namely Bruce bRioche.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:39 - May 7 with 2448 viewsFDC

Good with youth players, big on coaching, probably the sort of manager we knead.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 15:39]
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:39 - May 7 with 2441 viewsDejR_vu

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 14:02 - May 7 by simmo

The reaction to the Sky Sports story on Twitter is full of less than flattering responses from Forest, Rangers and some Brentford. All basically saying the same thing and quoting his interview cliches. It's hardly a fair representation of a fanbase opinion, especially on Twitter, but you'd hope he's learned from previous failures and can adjust.

They also talk about him playing out from the back and attractive football, which was terrifying at the start of this season and would require a flawless summer of transfers to be able to implement... Things like post-match cliches and the back 5 passing amongst themselves have been worn too thin already with our fanbase and he'll find that patience is at a premium generally.

I hope he is coming into this eyes wide open!

I’m sure there's better out there but, given we're not in a position to pick and choose, I think the only question is, is he the best we could realistically hope for? The people doing the hiring were never going to be able to find an unknown gem abroad so, under the circumstances, I can't really think of anyone better that would be prepared to come here.

Edit: just watched the interview with Si Ferry; came across really well. Straight talking, no football bull, knows what he wants. Came across really well.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 17:46]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:42 - May 7 with 2418 viewsextratimeR

Glad Eustace is being kept on.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:46 - May 7 with 2379 viewsRangersDave

Warburton out, Hovis and Baguette in!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 15:48 - May 7 with 2359 viewsDannyPaddox

Decent choice IMHO. Don't know why all the ifs and butties.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 16:06 - May 7 with 2248 viewsrunningman75

I would be happy with him but some r's fans always feel they deserve butter.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 16:08 - May 7 with 2236 viewsrsonist

Warbs will definitely need Yeastice to rise up the table. At the end of the day it's leavened against leavened at Loaftus Road. The opposition will be naan the wiser.

Although if they get it wrong they ciabatta get the foccacia.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 16:54 - May 7 with 2082 viewstonyQPR

Does this mean that we’ll be the best team everyone plays against next season ;)
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 16:57 - May 7 with 2046 viewsDorse

Going for Warburton after a reasonably thorough (by QPR standards) recruitment process seems like a good shout. On balance, Hall, Ramsay and (potentially) Eustace alongside him as a team feels like a good fit for the stated club strategy of youth development into the First Team and should, hopefully, allow for a smoother transition.

Once again children, if you listen carefully, you too might hear the ghost of Tim Sherwood shouting 'Win percentage... win percentage...' on the breeze.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:05 - May 7 with 2004 viewsOldPedro

But if he makes a bad start, he'll be toast....

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:06 - May 7 with 1991 viewscolinallcars

No confirmation on the offish about this, could it be just Sky talk ?
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:16 - May 7 with 1924 viewsJuzzie

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:06 - May 7 by colinallcars

Maybe they're just trying to get a raise out of everyone.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:18 - May 7 with 1909 viewsSnipper

It’s important that he starts well, so we can go on a roll.

I hope the interview process was thorough, and he was grilled about his plans.
Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:22 - May 7 with 1863 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Sports reporting it is to be Warburton on 17:06 - May 7 by colinallcars

Odds of 1/25 tells you its probably going to happen!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024