Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Clarke 14:51 - Jan 13 with 17549 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well respected Spuds source on Twitter saying we have beaten off opposition to get him on loan for the rest of the season.

Does beg two questions though.

1. He couldn't get enough game time at Leeds
2. A winger?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 14:56]
Jack Clarke on 15:07 - Jan 14 with 4612 viewsWrightUp5hit___

BOS and Clarke can both play left or right.

It seems that while they have different skills and physiques, they are both fast enough, that If they both play out wide they would terrify Championship defences.
Jack Clarke on 15:53 - Jan 14 with 4425 viewsderbyhoop

Jack Clarke on 13:36 - Jan 14 by YorkRanger

I agree with this.

It always surprises me how many of our supporters (particularly on Twitter), think that signings being made are just a random transaction without any plan or strategy. Given how tough we know the financial position is and the sensible dealings to date of MW, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that he knows exactly what he is doing.

There is some nonsense on Twitter (usually from anonymous individuals) that MW should now go because we are getting Clarke and not a keeper or a Centre Half - truly astonishing. Others suggest he doesn't know our defence has problems - really?, if us relatively inexperienced football fans can see that I'm pretty sure someone more expert like MW (and his staff) will be only too aware of the challenges.

Maybe we are getting Clarke for free, because Warburton has a good reputation with younger players. Maybe it is a makeweight as part of a deal for Eze, Amos, both or neither.

Who knows?

All I do know is that from what I saw of Clarke at Leeds he looks like a very promising player with a lot of ability and he will be coming into an area of the team where currently we are fairly well covered. Hopefully things will all become clearer over the coming days/weeks/months....

V impressed with what I saw of Clarke last year.
However, I don't fully understand the logic, unless there is an outgoing related to this deal.
Spurs want Clarke to get games, but he'd surely be competing with Eze, BOS and, maybe, Chair.
And, as for the dick heads moaning that we need a CB, I think our manager is fully aware of that. And if he can get the right person, at the right price, I'm sure he will be addressing that need.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jack Clarke on 16:06 - Jan 14 with 4369 viewsrsonist

Jack Clarke on 14:09 - Jan 14 by YorkRanger

I think my point should be evident, but for clarity if Clarke comes so be it, assume it is part of a plan and that MW will be aware of other areas of the team that need strengthening.

Regards

How patronising. Not sure what's wrong with people looking at the available evidence and discussing what they don't understand about the - what's the word on my mind... meticulous? - plans of their illustrious betters. Kind of obnoxious to dismiss everything that isn't blind faith if you ask me.

No one's suggesting we get on Clarke's back or anything, and nor is anyone unaware that signings don't always happen in the order in which they're needed.
Jack Clarke on 16:20 - Jan 14 with 4311 viewsYorkRanger

Jack Clarke on 16:06 - Jan 14 by rsonist

How patronising. Not sure what's wrong with people looking at the available evidence and discussing what they don't understand about the - what's the word on my mind... meticulous? - plans of their illustrious betters. Kind of obnoxious to dismiss everything that isn't blind faith if you ask me.

No one's suggesting we get on Clarke's back or anything, and nor is anyone unaware that signings don't always happen in the order in which they're needed.

It wasn't intended to be patronising. I guess your comment "your point is?" could also have been taken in that way.

It is a board for opinions and that is mine, most will know me on this board as someone who doesn't intend to cause offence here so if I have I apologise.

I do get frustrated by a lot of the ignorant comments made by people who dismiss the club's activity as madness, without appreciating that there is probably a reason for them. That probably underpins my comment. For clarity I'm not calling your comment ignorant....
Jack Clarke on 16:36 - Jan 14 with 4240 viewsflynnbo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/14/tottenham-loan-teenage-winger-j
Jack Clarke on 16:40 - Jan 14 with 4217 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Confirmed.

Welcome, Jack.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jack Clarke on 17:54 - Jan 14 with 3982 viewsGloucs_R

Jack Clarke on 16:40 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Confirmed.

Welcome, Jack.

Meet my by the railway track...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jack Clarke on 18:10 - Jan 14 with 3907 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Jack Clarke on 16:40 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Confirmed.

Welcome, Jack.

Sorry Brian, am I missing something? I see nothing on the offish.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Clarke on 19:11 - Jan 14 with 3723 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jack Clarke on 18:10 - Jan 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry Brian, am I missing something? I see nothing on the offish.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:15]

The above link seems fairly certain. I might be slightly premature...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jack Clarke on 20:10 - Jan 14 with 3572 viewsNorthantsHoop

Seems a pretty good signing to me. Can't see the defence improving much this season, but our attacking play and scoring vast improvement on recent seasons.
Jack Clarke on 22:34 - Jan 14 with 3328 viewsjoolsyp

Jack Clarke on 16:36 - Jan 14 by flynnbo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/14/tottenham-loan-teenage-winger-j

Shame Conor Gallagher is going to Swansea on loan. Thought he was outstanding for Charlton against us, in a central midfield area we need strengthening in.
Jack Clarke on 23:24 - Jan 14 with 3232 viewswombat

Jack Clarke on 22:34 - Jan 14 by joolsyp

Shame Conor Gallagher is going to Swansea on loan. Thought he was outstanding for Charlton against us, in a central midfield area we need strengthening in.

Agree would have loved to see him come in for the rest of the season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Jack Clarke on 08:12 - Jan 15 with 3027 viewsTheChef

Jack Clarke on 20:10 - Jan 14 by NorthantsHoop

Seems a pretty good signing to me. Can't see the defence improving much this season, but our attacking play and scoring vast improvement on recent seasons.

Yep we have now fully adopted the Keegan/Ardiles model of if they score four, we'll score five.

Love it! Defending is so booooooring anyway.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Jack Clarke on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 2761 viewsterryb

There is still nothing on the club website. It seems a long time since the media were posting that this ws a done deal!

If it does happen then welcome to Jack, but I still can't understand why we would play him to further his career rather than our own youngsters.
Jack Clarke on 15:09 - Jan 15 with 2563 viewskensalriser

Evil Les and his Tottenham mates again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jack Clarke on 16:37 - Jan 15 with 2378 viewsPinnerPaul

Jack Clarke on 13:26 - Jan 15 by terryb

There is still nothing on the club website. It seems a long time since the media were posting that this ws a done deal!

If it does happen then welcome to Jack, but I still can't understand why we would play him to further his career rather than our own youngsters.

As I said above Terry, 99% of transfer 'stories' are absolute nonsense, this could well be the same.
Jack Clarke on 11:25 - Jan 16 with 2033 viewseghamranger

Jack Clarke on 16:37 - Jan 15 by PinnerPaul

As I said above Terry, 99% of transfer 'stories' are absolute nonsense, this could well be the same.

What do you mean ‘nonsense’... people on here said it was in the paper and it was mentioned on Twitter.

Im hoping he plays on Saturday against Leeds... I’ve got money on him being first goalscorer!!!
Jack Clarke on 11:46 - Jan 16 with 1956 viewseghamranger

Sky saying medical completed on loan move
Jack Clarke on 11:56 - Jan 16 with 1909 viewsPhildo

update from WLS:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-tottenham-jack-clarke-medical-u
Jack Clarke on 12:15 - Jan 16 with 1840 viewskensalriser

Crazy toupe.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jack Clarke on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 1795 viewsBklynRanger

Fair enough, let's see what happens with him. I'm all for a bit of entertainment and BOS, Eze, Chair and this kid could provide quite a lot of that between them.

Biggest obvious gripe is pushing Shodipo back down the pecking order. Think he had an injury for a while some time ago, but thought he was good enough two years ago never mind now - he really seems to have been a victim of manager change.
Jack Clarke on 12:40 - Jan 16 with 1730 viewsFrankRightguard

Jack Clarke on 12:23 - Jan 16 by BklynRanger

Fair enough, let's see what happens with him. I'm all for a bit of entertainment and BOS, Eze, Chair and this kid could provide quite a lot of that between them.

Biggest obvious gripe is pushing Shodipo back down the pecking order. Think he had an injury for a while some time ago, but thought he was good enough two years ago never mind now - he really seems to have been a victim of manager change.

I suspect Shodipo will go out on loan, pick up an injury within a month and then start the whole process again. Good player but one who’s body doesn’t seem up to the rigours of professional football unfortunately.
Jack Clarke on 12:48 - Jan 16 with 1696 viewsrsonist

If it is the case that he's come to us ahead of Celtic, Boro, Derby you would think we've made pretty firm assurances about playing time, especially given what happened at Leeds.
Jack Clarke on 12:55 - Jan 16 with 1642 viewsbosh67

Winning goal in his first game against Leeds then. 90+ 3 minutes.... Own goal knowing our luck!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jack-clarke-completes-qpr-loan-move/
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 12:57]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jack Clarke on 13:01 - Jan 16 with 1606 viewsspencer

Just confirmed. On official site now
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 13:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024