Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 70739 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 20:17 - Jul 26 with 3178 views2Thomas2Bowles

Think they need to score again

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BRENTFORD on 20:28 - Jul 26 with 3073 views2Thomas2Bowles

FT 1-0

BRENTFORD on 20:29 - Jul 26 with 3068 viewsquickpassrotter

Good to see that Mr Keith Stroud the referee was outstanding. No contentious decisions in this match. Mr consistency. Best ref in the league.
I jest, of course.
BRENTFORD on 20:32 - Jul 26 with 3026 viewsbosh67

I still think Brentford will fancy their chances at 1-0 down on home soil. They really have done their best to f*ck this up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BRENTFORD on 20:44 - Jul 26 with 2911 viewsRs_Holy

BRENTFORD on 20:32 - Jul 26 by bosh67

I still think Brentford will fancy their chances at 1-0 down on home soil. They really have done their best to f*ck this up.

Fantastically poised this one... Cardiff and Fulham next.
BRENTFORD on 20:48 - Jul 26 with 2883 viewsloftboy

So they’ve now lost 3 on the spin, Frank out !!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

BRENTFORD on 20:50 - Jul 26 with 2851 viewsrsonist

Fun/forgotten/fkn useless fact I found looking for something else a while back - Wilkins was supposedly looking to sign Ayew's dad when he resigned.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Game+over+for+Wilkins.-a061337181
BRENTFORD on 20:56 - Jul 26 with 2815 viewsterryb

Can you imagine the comments on here if we were given Stroud as the referee for any play off match. Let alone in The Championship!

Are there fans of any club that don't regard him as the lowest of the low?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 9:53]
Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 22:37 - Jul 26 with 2581 viewsStanisgod

BRENTFORD on 20:56 - Jul 26 by terryb

Can you imagine the comments on here if we were given Stroud as the referee for any play off match. Let alone in The Championship!

Are there fans of any club that don't regard him as the lowest of the low?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 9:53]

More proof as if needed that there is no such thing as an assessor.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

BRENTFORD on 00:50 - Jul 27 with 2376 viewsBoston

Never bet against a young team on a roll.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

BRENTFORD on 07:32 - Jul 27 with 2197 viewstraininvain

I don’t see it. Never underestimate momentum. Swansea have it all and hitting form at just the right time whereas Brentford seem intent on self imploding at the worst possible moment.

It’ll take some comeback for Brentford to bounce back from all of the disappointments over the last 10 days or so. If they somehow manage to get the result needed in the second leg then they’ll win the final I reckon but I’d be surprised.
BRENTFORD on 08:18 - Jul 27 with 2121 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 07:32 - Jul 27 by traininvain

I don’t see it. Never underestimate momentum. Swansea have it all and hitting form at just the right time whereas Brentford seem intent on self imploding at the worst possible moment.

It’ll take some comeback for Brentford to bounce back from all of the disappointments over the last 10 days or so. If they somehow manage to get the result needed in the second leg then they’ll win the final I reckon but I’d be surprised.

I can’t argue with that although thought we were an improvement on previous 3 games.I still fancy us to win this on Wednesday but lose in the final as usual.
BRENTFORD on 08:24 - Jul 27 with 2098 viewsCamberleyR

BRENTFORD on 07:32 - Jul 27 by traininvain

Also, don't forget the weight of history they have hanging round their necks of what is it, seven times failing to go up via the play offs?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

BRENTFORD on 08:46 - Jul 27 with 2034 viewstraininvain

BRENTFORD on 08:18 - Jul 27 by switchingcode

I can’t argue with that although thought we were an improvement on previous 3 games.I still fancy us to win this on Wednesday but lose in the final as usual.

Big job for the manager to somehow lift the players ahead of Wednesday’s game. An early goal would do you a lot of good. Could probably do with a sports psychologist like Steve Black who helped us get through the playoffs in 2014.

Good luck Wednesday. I’d rather Brentford than either of the Welsh clubs or Fulham.
BRENTFORD on 09:45 - Jul 27 with 1887 viewsTheChef

BRENTFORD on 22:37 - Jul 26 by Stanisgod

More proof as if needed that there is no such thing as an assessor.

Ha, quite.

For games of this importance, it would have to be Keith Stroud every time obviously.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BRENTFORD on 09:58 - Jul 27 with 1843 viewsTacticalR

BRENTFORD on 08:46 - Jul 27 by traininvain

Big job for the manager to somehow lift the players ahead of Wednesday’s game. An early goal would do you a lot of good. Could probably do with a sports psychologist like Steve Black who helped us get through the playoffs in 2014.

Good luck Wednesday. I’d rather Brentford than either of the Welsh clubs or Fulham.

I saw Blackie more as a shamanistic figure, tasked with casting out evil spirits.

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 10:07 - Jul 27 with 1809 viewsstevec

Sort of hope Swansea go up, what with Hull, WBA and Charlton, it’s the Championship cleansing season of barren wastelands.
BRENTFORD on 10:07 - Jul 27 with 1808 views2Thomas2Bowles

Having fun (as Brentford have) in the Champ or weekly batterings in the Prem Hmm

Brentford has never been in the Prem out of the 4, let them feel the pain and go up.

But feel they may have blown it.

BRENTFORD on 10:26 - Jul 27 with 1768 viewsdaveB

a 12 page thread on Brentford, blimey we've changed
BRENTFORD on 11:18 - Jul 27 with 1668 viewsWatford_Ranger

BRENTFORD on 10:07 - Jul 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Having fun (as Brentford have) in the Champ or weekly batterings in the Prem Hmm

Brentford has never been in the Prem out of the 4, let them feel the pain and go up.

But feel they may have blown it.

They’ve still got a great chance and you know if they get there they’ll get it right, not that I think they need loads of new players. A goalkeeper and an old head or two probably but not seen enough of them to say for sure. I doubt Benham would let them be as naive/unambitious as Norwich nor would he spunk £150m on a load of dross like Villa/Fulham/us.

Being pragmatic, they’re likely to be the strongest of the four teams next season even if Watkins or Benrhama go. I’m guessing Fulham are the ones in there who really need to go up. Of course, it would be much more fun if neither do.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 11:19]
BRENTFORD on 11:52 - Jul 27 with 1582 viewsDannyPaddox

BRENTFORD on 08:24 - Jul 27 by CamberleyR

Also, don't forget the weight of history they have hanging round their necks of what is it, seven times failing to go up via the play offs?

This is their 9th attempt in a play off. They’re on an average of three a decade. 8 previous failures including 3 final defeats. I wonder if this is the worst play-off record?
BRENTFORD on 12:40 - Jul 27 with 1513 viewsTacticalR

BRENTFORD on 11:18 - Jul 27 by Watford_Ranger

They’ve still got a great chance and you know if they get there they’ll get it right, not that I think they need loads of new players. A goalkeeper and an old head or two probably but not seen enough of them to say for sure. I doubt Benham would let them be as naive/unambitious as Norwich nor would he spunk £150m on a load of dross like Villa/Fulham/us.

Being pragmatic, they’re likely to be the strongest of the four teams next season even if Watkins or Benrhama go. I’m guessing Fulham are the ones in there who really need to go up. Of course, it would be much more fun if neither do.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 11:19]

If they do go up and don't do a Villa/Fulham/us, then it will be interesting to see if they do a Burnley/Norwich (not spend anything and risk going down), or if they find another solution.

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 12:45 - Jul 27 with 1487 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 12:40 - Jul 27 by TacticalR

If they do go up and don't do a Villa/Fulham/us, then it will be interesting to see if they do a Burnley/Norwich (not spend anything and risk going down), or if they find another solution.

Really depends what their plan is. If they plan to stay as long as they can all they'll do is spend $hit loads on players to aim for that elusive 17th spot. It won't really improve them as a club and all that money just lines the pockets of players & agents. Their ground isn't big enough to sustain them and expansion is limited. Bournemouth shelved plans to expand their ground and good job too.

I think the best thing is pocket the money, try and get 12 points or more (to not beat Derby's record low points) and come down with a huge amount of money that can keep them going for years.
BRENTFORD on 12:50 - Jul 27 with 1460 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 11:52 - Jul 27 by DannyPaddox

This is their 9th attempt in a play off. They’re on an average of three a decade. 8 previous failures including 3 final defeats. I wonder if this is the worst play-off record?

Sheff Utd are fairly notoriously bad at them. Only half full for a semi final with yeovil the other year because most fans assumed they'd balls it up again. Which they did.
BRENTFORD on 13:04 - Jul 27 with 1401 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BRENTFORD on 10:07 - Jul 27 by stevec

Sort of hope Swansea go up, what with Hull, WBA and Charlton, it’s the Championship cleansing season of barren wastelands.

I’ve always had good Away days at Charlton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024