Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 41258 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 16:23 - Sep 18 with 2577 viewsNorthernr

Manning updates??? on 15:30 - Sep 18 by Boston

I’ve just had a word with a relation of his who is working with us at the moment, chap reckons Blackburn are very interested, says they have made offers for him on two occasions.

Yeh Blackburn seem to think they’re v close to getting this done now.
Manning updates??? on 16:29 - Sep 18 with 2533 viewsterryb

Manning updates??? on 16:23 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Yeh Blackburn seem to think they’re v close to getting this done now.

I've no problem with Manning wanting to move for either financial or personal reasons & I would wish him well.

What I do struggle with is understanding how Blackburn could be paying him much more than we have offered. Surely, their days of over paying are in the past?
Manning updates??? on 16:35 - Sep 18 with 2498 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning updates??? on 16:29 - Sep 18 by terryb

I've no problem with Manning wanting to move for either financial or personal reasons & I would wish him well.

What I do struggle with is understanding how Blackburn could be paying him much more than we have offered. Surely, their days of over paying are in the past?

No PL interest then?
Manning updates??? on 16:39 - Sep 18 with 2482 viewsNorthernr

I don’t think there’s many teams in the Champ now who pay less than us. The three that have just come up, maybe a couple of others.
Manning updates??? on 16:43 - Sep 18 with 2460 viewsdanehoop

I agree with you and Northern.

We have probably treated Manning fairly poorly during his time with us and he, probably more than any other player, has suffered at the whim of each change of manager. He has so far been pretty honest in his approach with us, when asked to play in a multiple set of of positions he has usually tried his best, even when it might not be his preference of role.

For whatever reason, it seems like both sides are at an impasse, even if we don't know the reason. That is really disappointing because I think Manning has been a real asset for us, and I worry that his departure will lose us a very effective attacking threat. If Wallace gets injured we also start to look worrying light in cover at the back as well.

You do have to wonder what Blackburn are offering to attract him - salary perhaps (which maybe is an indicator of where our wage bill has reduced to) or perhaps a preferred position we haven't wished to commit to.

Never knowingly understood

Manning updates??? on 16:45 - Sep 18 with 2449 viewsW7Ranger

Be a bit disappointing if he ended up at Blackburn. Is it really a "step up"?

Are they that much of a pull over staying at a young, exciting, developing team/squad?
Manning updates??? on 16:53 - Sep 18 with 2404 viewsNorthernr

Gotta say, for all the talk and the chat and the procrastinating and the contracts and the will he-won't he, and the stats and the links with West Ham and this and that and the other, he's going to swap 16th in the Championship for 14th in the Championship and move out of London to live at the other end of the country and play in Blackburn. No wonder he's changing his fcking agent.

Sometimes I think these players move for the sake of bloody moving. Signing on fee and agent gets a wedge, but completely sideways move and living in a worse place.
Manning updates??? on 16:55 - Sep 18 with 2388 viewsdaveB

Manning updates??? on 15:30 - Sep 18 by Boston

I’ve just had a word with a relation of his who is working with us at the moment, chap reckons Blackburn are very interested, says they have made offers for him on two occasions.

seems like a bit of a sideways step for him that
Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 16:56 - Sep 18 with 2385 viewsqpr1976

Manning updates??? on 15:58 - Sep 18 by Rangersw12

Talk on twitter ( i know , i know ) is that there is contract progress with BOS but stalling with Manning

Might explain why BOS played and Manning didn't last week

Which is pretty much what Warbs said on the Offish.
And backed up by the rumour that Blackburn have renewed their interest, if true.
Manning updates??? on 16:58 - Sep 18 with 2376 viewsted_hendrix

The meat and potato pies that are sold outside Blackburn's ground are without doubt the best I've ever eaten.
Not quite sure I'd want to sell up and move to Blackburn but it's worth a thought and has now got me thinking.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Manning updates??? on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 2352 viewsW7Ranger

Did we not finish 13th last season?
Manning updates??? on 17:13 - Sep 18 with 2302 viewsHayesender

Manning updates??? on 16:58 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

The meat and potato pies that are sold outside Blackburn's ground are without doubt the best I've ever eaten.
Not quite sure I'd want to sell up and move to Blackburn but it's worth a thought and has now got me thinking.

The pie and peas outside oakwell are the absolute mutts nuts. I mean I ended up wearing most of the pea juice on my trainers, but well worth it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Manning updates??? on 17:23 - Sep 18 with 2241 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Isn’t it refreshing being in a win win situation for once?
Manning updates??? on 17:28 - Sep 18 with 2208 viewssimmo

Manning updates??? on 16:53 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Gotta say, for all the talk and the chat and the procrastinating and the contracts and the will he-won't he, and the stats and the links with West Ham and this and that and the other, he's going to swap 16th in the Championship for 14th in the Championship and move out of London to live at the other end of the country and play in Blackburn. No wonder he's changing his fcking agent.

Sometimes I think these players move for the sake of bloody moving. Signing on fee and agent gets a wedge, but completely sideways move and living in a worse place.

I still think it's quite a lot to do with guarantees on position, he is forced to play LB and gets pelters for his lack of defending ability, but he obviously prefers the attacking. League position aside, he could be on more money and playing a preferred midfield role with a team that's unlikely to go down.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning updates??? on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 2190 viewsNorthernr

Manning updates??? on 17:28 - Sep 18 by simmo

I still think it's quite a lot to do with guarantees on position, he is forced to play LB and gets pelters for his lack of defending ability, but he obviously prefers the attacking. League position aside, he could be on more money and playing a preferred midfield role with a team that's unlikely to go down.

Blackburn contract I spoke to expects him to be playing left back. We’ll see though, play him further forward I think they’ve got an absolute steal.
Manning updates??? on 17:51 - Sep 18 with 2104 viewsHunterhoop

Manning updates??? on 16:58 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

In my personal opinion, of the 50 odd league grounds I’ve done, Blackburn is one of the worst, if not the worst, places I’ve been to in the UK. It is a hole. Hull, Barnsley, Burnley, Scunny...even Doncaster are not as miserable. I wouldn’t go live there even if my employer doubled my salary!

It’ll be a shame to see Manning go, especially if we don’t get much of a fee (even with only 10 months left on his deal), but it needs to happen; we can’t let players wind down contracts.

Like others, no idea how Blackburn are offering a substantial salary increase. And if they’re not, begs the question why he’s leaving and not renewing.
Manning updates??? on 17:52 - Sep 18 with 2101 viewsLazyFan

Manning updates??? on 16:53 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Maybe he can get back to Ireland quicker from up north, especially as around there they all live in Chester.

zzzzzzzzzz

Manning updates??? on 18:05 - Sep 18 with 2047 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manning updates??? on 17:28 - Sep 18 by simmo

I'm not sure why a club would pay good money for a player who couldn't hold down a regular midfield position in this league, but could at LB, where he has amazing stats in terms of assists, and buy him promising he can play midfield.

I think you (and Clive) are right, I'd love to see him as part of the three behind a striker, I think he'd be good there, but I also think anyone buying him now will be signing him primarily as a left back.

I can't agree with Myke. I'm not sure why the club would orchestrate some big thing with pictures of Bright smiling and Manning on a golf course (I have not seen that pic - did the official club photographer take it?). The fans are divided on Manning. It's not like they're going to be storming the KPF if he's sold. Most people have accepted he'd likely be sold for about the last 8 months. It doesn't make any sense.

We have no idea what has gone on in negotiations - the only thing we know for sure is that both players have a year left on their contracts. That's it. So did Dom Ball until last week, but no one mentioned him. Did he get preferential treatment over Manning too? BOS was left out when he was about to sign elsewhere. To suggest the two have been treated differently *could* be true - to state it as fact is nonsense, conjecture, hearsay, with zero basis in actual facts.

Manning has been messed around by managers. Conversely, he was rewarded with a new contract by Ollie very soon after making the first team. McClaren treated him abysmally. McClaren went. eustace put him in the team. Warburton, despite signing a left back who he had worked with before, kept him there on merit and was first choice for the whole of last season, his most successful season as a pro by far. Let's not get too caught up with how badly he has been treated. All players play under managers who don't rate them at some point in their careers - that's football.

I like Manning, I'd prefer him to stay, if he goes, he goes and best of luck to him. But we none of us know exactly what's happening, it's unfair to suggest there are double standards when we simply don't know what's happening, and I think maybe let's just wait and see what happens before jumping down people's throats.

Bare bones.

Manning updates??? on 18:23 - Sep 18 with 1978 viewsdistortR

Manning updates??? on 17:51 - Sep 18 by Hunterhoop

In my personal opinion, of the 50 odd league grounds I’ve done, Blackburn is one of the worst, if not the worst, places I’ve been to in the UK. It is a hole. Hull, Barnsley, Burnley, Scunny...even Doncaster are not as miserable. I wouldn’t go live there even if my employer doubled my salary!

It’ll be a shame to see Manning go, especially if we don’t get much of a fee (even with only 10 months left on his deal), but it needs to happen; we can’t let players wind down contracts.

Like others, no idea how Blackburn are offering a substantial salary increase. And if they’re not, begs the question why he’s leaving and not renewing.

mate, play for them but live in the beautiful Ribble valley
Manning updates??? on 18:34 - Sep 18 with 1926 viewsbarbicanranger

Manning updates??? on 18:23 - Sep 18 by distortR

mate, play for them but live in the beautiful Ribble valley

I think championship footballers and below love the north cause they can be proper big time charlies in the local town. Whereas in London they have to live much like the rest of us.
Manning updates??? on 18:52 - Sep 18 with 1857 viewsDavieQPR

I don't believe that he was mistreated by previous Managers. Whenever he played in midfield he wasn't very good.
Manning updates??? on 19:05 - Sep 18 with 1823 viewsbakerloo8

Manning updates??? on 18:05 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not sure why a club would pay good money for a player who couldn't hold down a regular midfield position in this league, but could at LB, where he has amazing stats in terms of assists, and buy him promising he can play midfield.

I think you (and Clive) are right, I'd love to see him as part of the three behind a striker, I think he'd be good there, but I also think anyone buying him now will be signing him primarily as a left back.

I can't agree with Myke. I'm not sure why the club would orchestrate some big thing with pictures of Bright smiling and Manning on a golf course (I have not seen that pic - did the official club photographer take it?). The fans are divided on Manning. It's not like they're going to be storming the KPF if he's sold. Most people have accepted he'd likely be sold for about the last 8 months. It doesn't make any sense.

We have no idea what has gone on in negotiations - the only thing we know for sure is that both players have a year left on their contracts. That's it. So did Dom Ball until last week, but no one mentioned him. Did he get preferential treatment over Manning too? BOS was left out when he was about to sign elsewhere. To suggest the two have been treated differently *could* be true - to state it as fact is nonsense, conjecture, hearsay, with zero basis in actual facts.

Manning has been messed around by managers. Conversely, he was rewarded with a new contract by Ollie very soon after making the first team. McClaren treated him abysmally. McClaren went. eustace put him in the team. Warburton, despite signing a left back who he had worked with before, kept him there on merit and was first choice for the whole of last season, his most successful season as a pro by far. Let's not get too caught up with how badly he has been treated. All players play under managers who don't rate them at some point in their careers - that's football.

I like Manning, I'd prefer him to stay, if he goes, he goes and best of luck to him. But we none of us know exactly what's happening, it's unfair to suggest there are double standards when we simply don't know what's happening, and I think maybe let's just wait and see what happens before jumping down people's throats.

Yeh, well said. Pretty much agree with all of that.
Manning updates??? on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 1796 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manning updates??? on 18:52 - Sep 18 by DavieQPR

I don't believe that he was mistreated by previous Managers. Whenever he played in midfield he wasn't very good.

Opinions eh.

I though he was great in Midfield, and won us the game at Reading Away a couple of years ago.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 19:32]
Manning updates??? on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 1793 viewsNoelmc

Manning updates??? on 17:52 - Sep 18 by LazyFan

Maybe he can get back to Ireland quicker from up north, especially as around there they all live in Chester.

Doubt if it’s much quicker than direct flights from Heathrow, almost right next to our training ground.
Manning updates??? on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 1731 viewsDylanP

Going down? You're having a laugh. We are top of the league right now!!

Seriously though, its a bit pathetic how quickly people o here turn on our own players, and how little evidence it takes to make our own fans turn. It seems like people work really hard to think up the worst possible scenario and then act like its concrete truth, rather than a lot of conjecture and mumbo jumbo

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024