Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45641 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 18:04 - Jan 15 with 3355 viewspaulparker

BOS (again) on 17:52 - Jan 15 by WestbourneR

'Great move', Turkey? That's where footballer go if they want to disappear. Belgium would have been a better shop window I reckon.

This is a real shame for the club, he was excellently scouted, picked up for cheap and then developed by Warbs last year into a really threatening player. I just wish Ollie and McLaren had clocked it and played him more.

Instead he was treated like a dud and his contract slowly ran down.

Anyway there is no way we can play him now - he'll be pulling out of challenges all over the place, in his head he's already gone. He also seems to be a bit of an ego, not really a team player. I'd keep him away from the squad completely now.

Time for Willock and Albert to step up and Shodipo will come back I hope. We're ok for wingers.

The real issue is if we plan to keep playing 532, which I liked at Luton, we need a proper left wing back.

Harsh on Holloway , it was Mclaren who didn’t play him when he should of, it was only In the last few games of his tenure that he played Bright ( who was our best player ) Mclaren was supposed to bring on the kids that’s why we sacked Olly
That season if Olly would of stayed I think we would of seen more of BOS and imo he might have signed a deal
The one I want to see back is young Smyth , I would love to see him up top with Austin

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BOS (again) on 18:04 - Jan 15 with 3366 viewsrsonist

BOS (again) on 17:57 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

Make him play in shorts two sizes too small. Put salt in his tea instead of sugar. Spell his name wrong on the back of his shirt. Liverpool would have done those for starters.

Excellent! Now what about the forcing another club to make a bid bit.
BOS (again) on 18:10 - Jan 15 with 3332 viewsMedwayR

BOS (again) on 17:45 - Jan 15 by rsonist

What are you suggesting a strong club might have done?

Not talked the talk but failed to walk the walk.

The club banged on about 'if they won't sign they won't play' then continued to play him, even when he wasn't performing.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 18:12 - Jan 15 with 3313 viewsdistortR

BOS (again) on 18:04 - Jan 15 by rsonist

Excellent! Now what about the forcing another club to make a bid bit.

Fernerbache might be moved to buy out his contract when he starts ringing them up and tearfully telling them about the salted tea, especially if we put sugar and vinegar on his chips. He'll give in within the week, i reckon. Man can only take so much, and if he plays for QPR, probably a bit less.
BOS (again) on 18:15 - Jan 15 with 3288 viewsQPRSteve

After what Warbs has said in the past about only playing people that are committed to the club, he surely can't play him again or he will look a right tool.
BOS (again) on 18:35 - Jan 15 with 3134 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good luck to him.
Liked him from the start, wasn't used enough until Warbs got hold of him.
plenty of potential, brave move to go to Turkey (maybe Les recommended it?).
Unfairly maligned by some imo, but there we go. Was ever thus.
Glad the saga is over tbh.
Only one of the three musketeers left :(

Bare bones.

BOS (again) on 18:37 - Jan 15 with 3116 viewsCiderwithRsie

BOS (again) on 18:02 - Jan 15 by distortR

but if the player won't sign a new contract...............Eze showed there can be a bit of give and take between club and player, with both sides benefitting, these 2 are seemingly just interested in maximising their potential earnings.

Some would say that's because of the way previous manager's treated them, but Warburton has reignited their careers and they haven't helped him at all, although if BOS keeps producing a level of performance that will be something.

Not particularly impressed with either of them, tbh.

Still, being Swansea's reserve left back must be doing wonders for mannings fledgling international career.......

Eze's behaviour before and after his transfer was characteristically classy and, while obviously he got a better transfer because he is a better player than either Manning or BOS, it seems to me that he did not do his personal prospects any harm at all by behaving decently. It's sad other players didn't take notice.

OK you get to have the notional transfer fee added on to your signing-on fee if you go on a free, but it seems to me having your club actively trying to get the highest fee for you increases the chances of you going to a serious club that wants to get the best return on their investment by developing you and giving you game time.
BOS (again) on 18:45 - Jan 15 with 3072 viewsmcqpr10

Disappointing mainly because we could have had 5 mill in the summer for Bruges.

We've now lost manning, Bo's, furlong , luongo and manning for 3.75mill. To paraphrase TF we need to learn lessons with the likes of chair, Dickie and Dieng. If with two years to go they don't extend then they have to be sold.

Don't really blame BOS for this at all. Why should he sign. A team that sells anyone we get a half decent bid for and are In a relegation fight.

On the question of should be play. Yes for me due to the poor back up options. If we had quality back ups then he could go play u23 but fact is he will be needed for us to stay up.
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 19:07 - Jan 15 with 2955 viewsLongsufferingR

BOS (again) on 18:45 - Jan 15 by mcqpr10

Disappointing mainly because we could have had 5 mill in the summer for Bruges.

We've now lost manning, Bo's, furlong , luongo and manning for 3.75mill. To paraphrase TF we need to learn lessons with the likes of chair, Dickie and Dieng. If with two years to go they don't extend then they have to be sold.

Don't really blame BOS for this at all. Why should he sign. A team that sells anyone we get a half decent bid for and are In a relegation fight.

On the question of should be play. Yes for me due to the poor back up options. If we had quality back ups then he could go play u23 but fact is he will be needed for us to stay up.

"We've now lost manning, Bo's, furlong , luongo and manning for 3.75mill. To paraphrase TF we need to learn lessons with the likes of chair, Dickie and Dieng. If with two years to go they don't extend then they have to be sold."

I don't think we turned down a single bid for any of those, so we pretty much maximised what we could get for them.
BOS (again) on 19:07 - Jan 15 with 2955 viewsLazyFan

What we should do now is loan him out. Radical I know.

As at least this way we get money for him and we can use that money to either loan a player from the prem for the same amount or buy the replacement or buy a player in another position if we wish to go with the wingers we have.

Playing him only stops someone else developing or burying him in the reserves is dead money.

For him he gets to play football, maybe say for Celtic in Scotland for a few months, stays fit, increases his profile and then be ready for his new club.

I bet we just bury him in the reserves though and do not bother to maximise what we can from him while he is here.

zzzzzzzzzz

BOS (again) on 19:12 - Jan 15 with 2927 viewsHastings_Hoops

Three things that I feel about this:

1) what a shame for BOS that he hasn’t followed Eze’s approach - Eze was a gent, showed genuin good character and honest intentions. That will play in his favour throughout his career.

2) I posted elsewhere earlier this week that this misplaced reliance on BOS is hindering our set up and team selection. We have seen the benefit of moving to a back three which isn’t setup to maximise BOS’ contributions.

3) i think that Adoma offers more thread (old head / head up / clinical passing) than BOS (head down).

All in all, what an opportunity missed for both club and player, but my suspicion is that club will come out of this better than player
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 19:14]
BOS (again) on 19:13 - Jan 15 with 2917 viewsQPROslo

BOS (again) on 17:52 - Jan 15 by WestbourneR

'Great move', Turkey? That's where footballer go if they want to disappear. Belgium would have been a better shop window I reckon.

This is a real shame for the club, he was excellently scouted, picked up for cheap and then developed by Warbs last year into a really threatening player. I just wish Ollie and McLaren had clocked it and played him more.

Instead he was treated like a dud and his contract slowly ran down.

Anyway there is no way we can play him now - he'll be pulling out of challenges all over the place, in his head he's already gone. He also seems to be a bit of an ego, not really a team player. I'd keep him away from the squad completely now.

Time for Willock and Albert to step up and Shodipo will come back I hope. We're ok for wingers.

The real issue is if we plan to keep playing 532, which I liked at Luton, we need a proper left wing back.

That's why we need to play BOS as long as we have him, fit of course, to play Wing Back. I can't see the wingers you mention starting as WB, Albert possibly, but doubt he could manage half a game as WB when he can't manage that as a winger.
BOS (again) on 19:22 - Jan 15 with 2843 viewsRangersw12

BOS (again) on 18:04 - Jan 15 by paulparker

Harsh on Holloway , it was Mclaren who didn’t play him when he should of, it was only In the last few games of his tenure that he played Bright ( who was our best player ) Mclaren was supposed to bring on the kids that’s why we sacked Olly
That season if Olly would of stayed I think we would of seen more of BOS and imo he might have signed a deal
The one I want to see back is young Smyth , I would love to see him up top with Austin

That McClaren appointment really screwed us

Olly would of played Manning and BOS and both would of signed contracts. Also Penrice might have stuck around a bit longer and we would of signed some of his recommendations rather than the short term loans McClaren did.

I would also like to see Smyth get a chance especially now that BOS will be half arsed for the rest of the season.
BOS (again) on 19:22 - Jan 15 with 2836 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's not confirmed. Even if it is, it's not a shock.

I would have bombed him out of the team a long time ago due to his poor performances, but he has improved of late.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS (again) on 19:29 - Jan 15 with 2794 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 19:07 - Jan 15 by LazyFan

What we should do now is loan him out. Radical I know.

As at least this way we get money for him and we can use that money to either loan a player from the prem for the same amount or buy the replacement or buy a player in another position if we wish to go with the wingers we have.

Playing him only stops someone else developing or burying him in the reserves is dead money.

For him he gets to play football, maybe say for Celtic in Scotland for a few months, stays fit, increases his profile and then be ready for his new club.

I bet we just bury him in the reserves though and do not bother to maximise what we can from him while he is here.

Would anyone want to take the risk of loaning him IF there is a doubt about his commitment?

He was committed in the last two games in his new position, didn't shirk challenges and has sometimes had a smile on his face as well.

I think he should play, until such time as he doesn't fulfil his duty to his employer or until we sign somebody better to play lwb, switch to four at the back with De Wijs as lb or are safe from the drop.
BOS (again) on 19:33 - Jan 15 with 2762 viewsJigsore

BOS (again) on 19:22 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

It's not confirmed. Even if it is, it's not a shock.

I would have bombed him out of the team a long time ago due to his poor performances, but he has improved of late.

it is now!

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

BOS (again) on 19:38 - Jan 15 with 2719 viewsdaveB

real shame if true, would have been good to get some money for the investment made in him both in terms of money and player development but looks similar to Manning in getting next to nothing for him.

Interesting dilemma for the club now do they keep playing him or look to loan him out and get someone else in for the rest of the season.
BOS (again) on 19:43 - Jan 15 with 2675 viewscolinallcars

Maybe rose-tinted specs, but I don't seem to recall this sort of thing happening much back in the day. So basically if you sign a player on a three year contract, in effect you only get two years and a further year of buggering about.
BOS (again) on 19:47 - Jan 15 with 2646 viewsloftboy

BOS (again) on 17:49 - Jan 15 by makaveli1882

I was under the impression if he went to Scotland or abroad we got nothing?

If that's the case 250k for Bright and Manning is a farce and typical Rangers.

Not a lot we can do if the players refuse to sign a new contract though.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

BOS (again) on 19:49 - Jan 15 with 2627 viewsBklynRanger

Nobody there to boo him so we may as well keep playing him until we're closer to safety. Unless he isn't arsed, in which case get him out very quickly and put Willock in.

One thing about going to Fenerbache is there's no risk of seeing him on Match of the Day next season. Although he still has a hell of a lot of developing to do anyway.
BOS (again) on 20:05 - Jan 15 with 2539 viewsbaz_qpr

Honestly dont think the club can be blamed for this, he was toilet until last season and when he came good under Warburton they tried to offer a new contract and he kept refusing it.

Personally I think you play him, unless he clearly starts not putting a shift, and give yourself the time to get the right replacement and that needs to be someone with equivalent pace
BOS (again) on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 2455 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 20:05 - Jan 15 by baz_qpr

Honestly dont think the club can be blamed for this, he was toilet until last season and when he came good under Warburton they tried to offer a new contract and he kept refusing it.

Personally I think you play him, unless he clearly starts not putting a shift, and give yourself the time to get the right replacement and that needs to be someone with equivalent pace

This.

Not sure what else the club can do now that we are trying to balance the books. We are now getting outbid by Bristol C, Preston, Cardiff and probably Millwall for players because we do not have the funds to compete with them.

We probably offered BOS a few extra £000s a week, but he knows and his agent knows that if he leaves out of contract, the signing on fee he'll receive and the wage his got will be massively more lucrative for him.

If I was in his shoes, think I'd do the same.

Time will tell, but I suspect that he will want to put a shift in until the end of his contract. If he doesn't, drop him, but please, please do not do that now - he is our player and we need to use him.

This is the reality of modern post BOSman - players choice I am afraid.

Do people want us to start blowing budgets and living outside our means running the risk of liquidation that brings?

Not ideal, but it is what it is as one of our recent not-so-great managers would say...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS (again) on 20:42 - Jan 15 with 2362 viewsBurnleyhoop

Good luck to him, but for me he has been pretty mediocre this season. Despite his obvious pace, I haven’t seen him “Skin” his opposing full back that often and when he has, the final product has been poor. Would much prefer we utilised Willock and Uncle now confirmation of his departure is out there. If BOS does continue to play, any marginally under par performances will be met with derision and claims of piss poor attitude. Really not worth the effort.
Time to move on and give the newbies a chance.
BOS (again) on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 2338 viewskensalriser

Just a small but possibly pertinent observation, Eze had another year left on his contract.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS (again) on 20:50 - Jan 15 with 2316 viewsNorthantsHoop

BOS (again) on 18:35 - Jan 15 by Antti_Heinola

Good luck to him.
Liked him from the start, wasn't used enough until Warbs got hold of him.
plenty of potential, brave move to go to Turkey (maybe Les recommended it?).
Unfairly maligned by some imo, but there we go. Was ever thus.
Glad the saga is over tbh.
Only one of the three musketeers left :(

I agree, really came on under Warburton and generally exciting player to watch, when his game is on song, but not a consistent finisher. It is a brave move to go to Turkey, for whatever reasons not attracting real interest or offers from Premier clubs, or even Championship clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024