Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liz Truss is the new PM 12:39 - Sep 5 with 31289 viewsJuzzie

82% of the 172,437 Conservative members voted. That's 141,000 people deciding the fate of millions.

Sunak got 60k votes (43%)
Truss got 81k votes (57%)

So it wasn't even a clear majority, the Party was fairly evenly split which says to me they're not in harmony, a divided party.

God help us.

I'd have said the same has Sunak won it, what an awful place to be in where no one seems to be anywhere near good enough for the job at hand.

And before anyone says "Well Labour wouldn't do a better job of it" a) it's not about Labour b) maybe not

What a state this country is in.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 12:58]
Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:07 - Sep 5 with 2045 viewsdistortR

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:06 - Sep 5 by BrianMcCarthy

That's exactly what I'd like to see, John.
Somone told me recently that the last British plitician that was voted in by the citizenry and also voted out by the citizenry was Wilson. Could that be right?
Ireland has the same problem by the way.
It's incredibly undemocractic and I can't believe the voters haven't insisted on it changing in various countries.

subjectary Brian, we're a subjectary.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:08 - Sep 5 with 2045 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As the Chinese say, we change parties but not policy and they change policy but not parties.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:09 - Sep 5 with 2044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Liz Truss is the new PM on 17:24 - Sep 5 by colinallcars

I think Wilson was voted in 1966 and out in 1970. Then Heath voted in 1970 and out ( to Wilson ) in 1974.

Thanks, Colin.
I need to read up on it all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:28 - Sep 5 with 1972 viewscolinallcars

Liz Truss is the new PM on 18:56 - Sep 5 by Sonofpugwash

Eric Morecambe.
Stalin.
debate rages as to who was the funnier.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Ft

Sherlock Holmes
Guy Gibson
Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:28 - Sep 5 with 1967 viewsBoston

Liz Truss is the new PM on 18:38 - Sep 5 by colinallcars

On a lighter note, I was entering the William Morris in Hammersmith the other day and there was a chap smoking a pipe outside. “ A rare sight these days “ I said. “ Not many of us left “ he opined, tamping the tobacco with his lighter.
Sitting inside with a pint of Exmoor Gold, I started to think of famous men with pipes. Harold
Wilson, of course, but I couldn't think of many - Inspector Maigret, I suppose.

Ooh I don't know about that, they're all at it around here.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:29 - Sep 5 with 1965 viewsVancouverHoop

More Pie:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/05/opinion/liz-truss-prime-minister-inflation.ht
Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:32 - Sep 5 with 1960 viewscolinallcars

Can't believe, four pages of a political thread without the usual maelstrom of odium and recriminatory rebukes…
Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:41 - Sep 5 with 1946 viewsthemodfather

miss trust? we are fooked . the issue is labour are not an opposition anymore especially if they won't work with the unions /and or the workers.
Login to get fewer ads

Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:02 - Sep 5 with 1905 viewsPlanetHonneywood

She’s uniting the country already!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:10 - Sep 5 with 1887 viewscharmr

A very good listen.

Novara media podcast
Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:13 - Sep 5 with 1876 viewskensalriser

Liz Truss is the new PM on 18:01 - Sep 5 by NorthantsHoop

The decisions coming at the current Tory government and Liz Truss are going to seriously test the resolve of basic Tory principles of free market economics and less state intervention, it will probably be all too much and she will spend most of the time u- turning on stuff i.e. re-nationalisation, trying to deal with rising prices, benefits and state pensions and a collapsing health service and social care. A rocky road ahead.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 18:03]

Conservatives preach less state intervention but somehow the practice never bears out the rhetoric because of course they love calling the shots and dictating what's what. Although that's all secondary compared to the core business of funnelling money from the bottom to the top and out of the country.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:21 - Sep 5 with 1848 viewsQPR_John

Liz Truss is the new PM on 16:12 - Sep 5 by kensalriser

You have a poor memory. Various Tories were very animated in decrying Gordon Brown's lack of legitimacy as PM and I'm sure Boris Johnson wrote a typically vituperative leader in the Telegraph along those lines.

FWIW I don't share the sentiment. We do not have a presidential system and the PM is in position by courtesy of parliament. When the PM no longer enjoys the confidence of parliament it is right they should be replaced.

It’s not politicians I was thinking about they would change opinions at the drop of a hat to try and get power.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:24 - Sep 5 with 1841 viewsClive_Anderson

It's funny the people who wanted Boris out the most are now the ones complaining the loudest now there is a replacement. Er....that's what you were demanding happened a few months ago.

Not convinced about paying for an energy price freeze. The price is going up as there is less energy available, so if everyone uses it at the same rate then we could be in for shortages when it's needed the most. Also another £100bn+ added to the national bill...

Can we have some new power stations now please?
Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:40 - Sep 5 with 1793 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Did anyone see Phillip Schofield’s Hunger Games this morning?
Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:41 - Sep 5 with 1785 viewsBoston

Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:32 - Sep 5 by colinallcars

Can't believe, four pages of a political thread without the usual maelstrom of odium and recriminatory rebukes…

Well Colin, the insults / critiques are mainly one sided.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:50 - Sep 5 with 1763 viewsRanger_Things

Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:40 - Sep 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Did anyone see Phillip Schofield’s Hunger Games this morning?

Watched a clip. Britain is officially broken.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiIGnmPIRjB/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:57 - Sep 5 with 1746 viewsStanisgod

Liz Truss is the new PM on 13:34 - Sep 5 by sprocket

Personality of a damp face cloth. It's incredible the Tories have been in power for 12 years. Shocking indictment of the state of politics in the UK and this is the best that they come up with.

She can finish the job Thatcher started.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 21:58 - Sep 5 with 1606 viewsplasmahoop

It's really depressing. I've nearly always voted tory, but I can't believe how bad they have become. Regardless of political views, there's just so little tact, intelligence and experience at running stuff. It's not going to work. The only irony this time is that it's the conservatives that have massively overspent and if Labour come in, they'll have to do all the cuts. Theyve been spending like a far left government but with right wing, populist, nationalistic tubthumping added on. I really despair
Liz Truss is the new PM on 22:12 - Sep 5 with 1573 viewsGloryHunter

What this farce signifies to me is a reminder that you should NEVER trust a Liberal Democrat politician:
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/liz-truss-s-failed-lib-dem-bid-revealed
Liz Truss is the new PM on 22:20 - Sep 5 with 1542 viewsHAYESBOY

Another conviction politician.

Link won't work, but basically, she campaigned to remain. Then when leave won she suddenly became a leaver.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 22:27]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Liz Truss is the new PM on 22:47 - Sep 5 with 1491 viewsPunteR

Who..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Liz Truss is the new PM on 22:54 - Sep 5 with 1474 viewsflynnbo

Liz Truss is the new PM on 19:28 - Sep 5 by colinallcars

Sherlock Holmes
Guy Gibson

Detective Inspector Thursday.
Liz Truss is the new PM on 23:06 - Sep 5 with 1457 viewsdistortR

Liz Truss is the new PM on 22:47 - Sep 5 by PunteR

Who..?

gives a?
Liz Truss is the new PM on 23:27 - Sep 5 with 1428 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Liz Truss is the new PM on 20:24 - Sep 5 by Clive_Anderson

It's funny the people who wanted Boris out the most are now the ones complaining the loudest now there is a replacement. Er....that's what you were demanding happened a few months ago.

Not convinced about paying for an energy price freeze. The price is going up as there is less energy available, so if everyone uses it at the same rate then we could be in for shortages when it's needed the most. Also another £100bn+ added to the national bill...

Can we have some new power stations now please?

You seem to have forgotten that it was 50 appointed government office holders resigned to get him out. Office holders he appointed and members of his own parliamentary party who wanted shot of him the most.

BJ was by far, the worst PM in our time. However, the ‘complainers’ as you term then, are doing so because Lizard and Sunak were all the Tori’s were able to put forward as their best alternative! Seriously, that’s all they could muster. That’s the issue here: the UK has been lumbered with a person generally seen as pretty thick to lead through these challenging times.

As with all these things, especially with Lizard, it’s who is behind her pulling the strings? I can’t believe she’s anywhere near intelligent enough to captain her own ship and suspect she’s a stooge for self-serving fat cats.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liz Truss is the new PM on 23:37 - Sep 5 with 1410 viewsqpr1976

Liz Truss is the new PM on 18:47 - Sep 5 by Shunter

He did it by cutting off 1/4 of the United Kingdom which means he did not get it done,
75% of the UK has left the EU and you think that is getting it done - ffs get real !!

It’s done. For real.
If you don’t want to believe it, fine.
Maybe the 1/4 should have put up more of a case….?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024